iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> [Dead] MMORPG Script, Not touching: Netplay Plus script found!
RyanLee
post May 3 2008, 05:30 AM
Post #1

RpgMaker Master
Group Icon

Type: Designer

I spent a very long time searching the internet looking for a place to find the Netplay Plus scripts. These scripts allow player to CREATE MMORPGs, and after searching I have found them and placed them at the link below! So those of you wishing to create an online RPG Maker game...look no further!

Download Netplay here!
http://www.netplayplus.com/download.html

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Mr. Anonymous
post May 3 2008, 05:58 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

I searched all over the site, and couldn't seem to find the VX scripts for NetPlay. If I read the forum announcement right, it's simply in the consideration phases.

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. I'm damn near asleep anyhow.

+Quote Post

Jennestia
post May 3 2008, 02:59 PM
Post #3

~RPG Making Princess~
Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: True Neutral

I read it's basically being compatible with VX..at last the 'netplay plus 3.0'

I don't think I'm mistranslating it (into Japanese for me)..so I think you're correct.

--------------------
~*Current Projects*~

~*Check out my project if you have time*~
Concept Demo Preview uploaded, keep in mind it IS a concept demo it's NOT meant to show off the story but to show off the flow, take a peek if you have time and offer suggestions on the flow~

~*Supported Projects*~

+Quote Post

isaacsol
post May 5 2008, 02:21 PM
Post #4

Watashi-wa... omoide niwa narenai sa.
Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

I have seen a Multiplayer Script which wasn't Netplay for both XP and VX... If I can find the files, I will upload them here.

--------------------

+Quote Post

RyanLee
post May 5 2008, 03:55 PM
Post #5

RpgMaker Master
Group Icon

There is a Netplay Script for VX, which I do have, I am part of the netplayplus.com site and I will upload it to the 'Downloads' section.

--------------------

+Quote Post

blueshorts
post May 5 2008, 04:05 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

HuWOW! This is so cool!! I'm very n00b at this hence I would like to ask if there is a tutorial on how to make use of this onling thingy.

+Quote Post

Sevith
post May 6 2008, 02:22 AM
Post #7

Retired Bear Fighter. ಠ_ಠ
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

Ok, I have it all downloaded but I've never used netplay before nor set up a server. I'm not too bad with comps, so I should be able to figure it out... atleast I WOULD be able to if it was in English, alas, it isn't so are there any step-by-step tutorials out there? I tried searching for some and only got sites that were taken down... oh 404, what a lovely number dry.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (nagilhs @ 2 May 2010)
this guys just a power crazed jack ass.

+Quote Post

spike_vii
post May 18 2008, 07:15 AM
Post #8

A Certain Lazy Student
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

i had the demo, but i don't know how to use it! pls tell me how, anyone!

--------------------
Pokeplushy

Quotes (big, black, bullshit)
Spoiler:
Trying is the first step towards failure.

Pretty women make us buy beer. Ugly women make us drink beer.

Don't send funny greeting cards on birthdays or at Christmas. Save them for funerals when their cheery effect is needed.

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to Somebody Else.

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

Music is what's painting inside you.

If you want a thing done well, do it yourself.

The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means.

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.

There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something they made up to scare kids, like the boogeyman or Michael Jackson.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former.

Eighty percent of married men cheat in America. The rest cheat in Europe.

Hey, can you take the wheel for a second, I have to scratch my self in two places at once.

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post

Skullmonkey
post Jun 18 2008, 05:48 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Ok I figured out the server thing except its not responding to any of the commends im telling it to do.

+Quote Post

banditjackpotty
post Jul 15 2008, 04:03 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

i've gotten it to work but the dam thing is in italian which google translator is needed for, and its laggy as shit, not to mention the hundreds of bugs and lazy coding..ill wait for the next one

BTW my computer isnt crap..only 2 months old

This post has been edited by banditjackpotty: Jul 15 2008, 04:07 AM

+Quote Post

SilentBackstabbe...
post Jul 15 2008, 04:55 AM
Post #11

Sejourner
Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

i've gotten it to work but the dam thing is in italian which google translator is needed for, and its laggy as shit, not to mention the hundreds of bugs and lazy coding..ill wait for the next one

BTW my computer isnt crap..only 2 months old

Maybe you can do better? You realise how much work is involve to cut such script?

@Everyone: This is not a newB script, you'll still need some scripting skill to make this work properly.

SBS

--------------------

+Quote Post

vampiretrix
post Jul 15 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

I'm creating an MMORPG now, and I've tried Netplay Plus, but it really wasn't working for me. So me and a friend have started coding an MMORPG from scratch, using C++ and Perl... It's now almost at 45%, and it's going quite well. If you want to run an own MMO, you better make it yourself so that it fits your needs. Our MMO system wont' be released though, and I really admire the creator of Netplay Plus, but it seems it's dead though, as on the forums, and on the emailadress provided, I won't get replies after more then 2 months.
Why is the MMO system for my MMO not going to be released? It's simply not easy: the game and server are coded in C++ but the content will be coded in Perl. And you'll need a linux based operation system (the best would be a Ubuntu or Debian system) to run the server files, and I don't think many users will do that. And ofcourse it's been made especially for our own MMO and you can't costumize it. That's why I admire Netplay Plus, but I also know that Netplay Plus is far from perfect, and from what I've seen, is the RPG VX server console Spanish or Italian, are the scripts in a variety of languages, and it's very hard to use this if you speak only English or another language: you need to translate everything, and most of the times you'd need a translator and you'd be asking what the hell. I've been testing Netplay Plus but it simply isn't good enough for the game we're making (it has to work under pressure and the client of Netplay Plus and the server are very slow and big). The client for DayDawn Online, my MMO, is very small for a reason. And ofcourse, Netplay Plus is good, but you will need more things to make a good MMO then only a pre-coded script: you've gotta set up a server, gotta know how PHP works, how MySQL works, how RGSS works, and how you'd be connecting to your servers. And then again: an MMO is very complex... and damn I sound bossy, but it surely ain't my goal!

Kevin

+Quote Post

Noyashi
post Jul 22 2008, 03:16 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Did someone started with translating the script & stuff?
If not, i'll do it... and uplaod it here...

+Quote Post

Noyashi
post Jul 24 2008, 06:31 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Sorry for Doppelpost...

If I change the gender at the registration, an error appears:

Script 'Cache' line 75: TypeError occurred
cannot convert Fixum into String

Can someone help me...??? I'm still searching the problem and getting insane ... >_<

EDIT:
Okay i've found the problem...

This post has been edited by Noyashi: Jul 24 2008, 07:02 PM

+Quote Post

Spawn Uchiha
post Jul 29 2008, 06:52 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Can somebody please translate this into English? I want to make a server for me and my friends to hang out on, (and of course play my publicized game.)

+Quote Post

HaruhiSuzumyia
post Aug 1 2008, 10:57 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Um, I'm a bit confused. I went to the site, And it had like, three different downloads, which should I use? And if there's a better one please tell me!

+Quote Post

HaruhiSuzumyia
post Aug 1 2008, 11:47 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Uh, never mind WHERE'S A MMORPG SCRIPT FOR VX?

+Quote Post

RyanLee
post Aug 2 2008, 03:19 AM
Post #18

RpgMaker Master
Group Icon

I am the mastermind behind http://www.netplayplus.com and I have returned to the community. I have been with the RPG Maker community jumping from site-to-site for the last 10 years. People continue to ask for an MMO tool to create online games. That's where I come in. A team has been put together to revamp the http://www.netplayplus.com site and soon a new look will be seen there. Netplayplus hopes that it will get support from the community here as it begins, and hopes that a new MMO community will be formed on the site. One of our goals is to revise and revamp Netplayplus, but it is not our only goal. We are working currently to make a new system, an engine, that is easy to modify and work on. An OpenSource. Please visit the site in the upcoming weaks as we begin our construction. If the site looks the same old-same old- it means we haven't begun. Be patient and good things will come.

--------------------

+Quote Post

xXRandom.CrapXx
post Aug 3 2008, 12:28 AM
Post #19

<div class="me" style=".me{bored:true;}"&
Group Icon

I don't think Netplay's server is connecting anymore. There are never any players and the server is always offline. If you're going to use it, you're going to need a server and port to connect to.

--------------------

Newcomers, here's some useful links:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

+Quote Post

DELTA
post Aug 7 2008, 10:48 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Sorry for a necro but this has XP and VX:

http://netrmxponline.olympe-network.com/

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 09:28 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.