iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Moogle's Recolours/Edits Shop, Open
Rating 5 V
Moogle
post May 25 2008, 08:10 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer

24th of March 2009 Grand Reopening of My Recolouring Shop

I know i have a lot of competition now but i hope that a few of you will make requests for my skills. Please don't judge me for the Neon Orange Werewolf....use the lady pirate faceset instead please.

Okay so I'm hoping that this will become my shop, I will take requests for facesets and or sprites you want recolouring. I will even edit sprites if you want but it seems that most people prefer that i stick to recolouring facesets.

So right now I won't put a cap on requests but depending on how busy I get I may. I will be making real rules for the shop soon.

I want this made clear, I do NOT MAKE facesets or sprites I recolour them and in the case of sprites I will edit.

Credit would be nice but is not needed.

Please try to be descriptive with you requests, that way i don't have to make 8 face recolours if you ask for red hair...to see which you meant.

Full list of my recolouring

These recoloured facesets are based off Antares' sprite recolours that can be found here

Sprites

My First Edits

Original Werewolf Sprite created by PINEDAVX
Werewolf 1

Werewolf 2

Werewolf 3

Andrea

Original Bearded Guard Sprite created by PINEDAVX
Altered Guard

Drow

Facesets
Recolor of RPG Maker VX Ace RTP People faces
- which coordinate with Antares' Recolor of RPG Maker VX Ace RTP People sprites

Villagers

Villager 04 is People 1-3

Villager 05 is People 2-5

Villager07 is People 1-5

Villager09 is People 1-7

Villager10 is People 1-1

Villager12 is People 1-6

Villager14 is People 1-4

Villager15 is People 2-8

Villager17 is People 3-6

Villager18 is People 1-8

Villager 21 is People 1-2

Villager 23 is People 4-4

Villager 24 is People 4-3

Pirates, Yaaarrgh!

Pirate 1 - People 3-5

Pirate 2 - credit moogle for edit

(If used please credit)

Pirate 3 - People 3-4

Requests

For CGGenji
Dark Blue Elmer

For Zalbag330
Terra & Celes

For Me
Andrea Actor 2-1 recolor

For Deb
Butterflies

For Tetra Flame
Gilgamesh Face 1

Gilgamesh Face 2

Gilgamesh Face 3

For Acemore
Red Haired Elmer (Not sure if i got the name right)

For Makryu Recolor of RPG Maker VX Ace RTP People with green hair
People 1 Green

People 2 Green

People 3 Green

People 4 Green

People 5 Green

For NekuraManji
Recolor of RPG Maker VX Ace RTP Actor 1-7 sprite, face and portrait
Actor 1-7

Actor 1-7 Face

Actor 1-7 Face Big

Recolor of RPG Maker VX Ace RTP Evil 5 sprite, face and portrait
Evil 5

Evil 5 Face

Evil 5 Portrait

For Bakanekochansan
Rina Chan

Request List

1: Grandma Debs Small Monsters
2:
3:
4:
5:

Back Burner Projects (for personal projects or projects I'm struggling with)

1:
2:

This post has been edited by GrandmaDeb: Dec 29 2012, 12:43 PM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Anaxim
post May 25 2008, 08:34 PM
Post #2

Captain Paradox Extreme
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I adore the streak-haired sprite. Wonderful recolor and gorgeous idea.
Turn that into a faceset based on a current face using a recolor and you're a king.
As for white haired guy -> white werewolf -> white wolf...
I like tongue.gif

--------------------
"Lightning is like a troll; You don't know what hit you till you smell it."

I will only say a single thing about my acquisition of RPG Maker VX: "Yarr."

+Quote Post

Moogle
post May 25 2008, 09:09 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

*smiles* well it took some time for me to work out where in the hair i needed to change the colour but it looks pretty good when she moves ^^. I'll need to find a faceset that fits with the character but I'll try.
*grins* Well thanks I was hoping some people would like it, editing and recolouring the Lycan form took time with my crumby skills but im pleased with the affect.
Thank you for your words, I was a little worried that I'd get slammed first time i did this lol

--------------------

+Quote Post

Retired-Pine
post May 25 2008, 11:18 PM
Post #4

Not a democracy
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Evil

My wolf's recolor looks odd... where did you get your palette? Also, how exactly did you recolor it?

--------------------

Spoiler:

Awards
Spoiler:

Games I support [under construction]
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Atreides
post May 26 2008, 05:23 AM
Post #5

Bearer of Black Sword
Group Icon

You should do a brown and a gray recolor of the wolf and the werewolf. That'd be useful...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Moogle
post May 26 2008, 07:35 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Well to recolour it it was more a case of selecting the parts i wanted then using one of the options to play with hue, saturation and lightness as well as brightness and contrast. I think it looks odd because i edited the pants out, which make it look slightly odd at first glance.

Atreides They already come in grey but i can recolour them again if you want. I'll start on that right away.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Moogle
post May 26 2008, 09:51 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

I know this is a double post but I have finished four recolours of the werewolf in all its forms. Two brown, one grey and one rather disgraceful one which was meant to be blond but has come out more greenish, I'll have to fiddle with another setting to try to get a blond one. I didn't change the eye colour though, if you want that be very nice to me or alternatively you could do it yourself tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Retired-Pine
post May 26 2008, 02:34 PM
Post #8

Not a democracy
Group Icon

Type: Spriter

This other ones aren't THAT bad... actually, not bad, but I think you made a mistake when decided to recolor them with hue/saturation... In my opinion, and that's how I do it, is to replace the colors (manually) using color palettes from other RMVX-RTP charsets...

And you still need to get the "pants" off, it still shows up a little bit. Keep it up, you almost get it! smile.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Awards
Spoiler:

Games I support [under construction]
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Moogle
post May 26 2008, 03:42 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Well I wouldn't expect them to be good since i don't have a whole lot of time to do this in and im not great at this sort of thing in general, I take up things like this then about 3 weeks later I get distracted by something shiny. I don't trust my eyes or hands enough to do that which is why I'll probably never be a great spriter and stick to recolouring. But as i have 2 months of doing nothing after my exams I may get a lot better ^^ after all practice makes perfect.

I'm going to spend another three hours sitting there on 1000% zoom trying to make sure that there are no traces left *sighs* and they we're either pants, undies or a nappy so what am i meant to call them?

Thanks for your input.

--------------------

+Quote Post

techie
post May 26 2008, 07:19 PM
Post #10

The forum Technician
Group Icon

Type: Artist

those look awesome! great job! 9.5/10 for all tongue.gif

--------------------
I take sig requests
Need a Title screen or a Game over screen for your game? Go Here and post a request. I will try and make one.

Do you have super smash bros brawl and a wifi connection? PM me and we can brawl together.

+Quote Post

Moogle
post May 26 2008, 08:04 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Thanks Techie I try my best. I'm going to start toying around with a couple of the other options it have to see if i can pull off some better recolours, edits and possibly sprites ^^. I just need plenty of inspiration. And thanks again for the 9.5 *frames it* happy.gif I need to see if i can find a suitable faceset for Keisha now and try to recolour and edit *wanders off to search*

--------------------

+Quote Post

Atreides
post May 26 2008, 10:36 PM
Post #12

Bearer of Black Sword
Group Icon

Cool! These are awesome. In one of my games, I have a village of werewolves and wolves, so this is really helpful. And as long as nobody is pissed off that you're doing recolors, keep doing it. Lolz wanna do some faceset recolors? Am I pushing my luck on that?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Moogle
post May 27 2008, 08:15 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

If i cut off the human I can get four recolours to a template. So if you need a few more just ask and I'll do my best to recolour to what you want ^^

Hmmm facesets are tricky but im willing to give it a go if you can supply me with one cause I have no idea where I'd lay my hands on a wolf or werewolf face set.

Update of the white stripe hair face set I've narrowed it down to a handful but its going to take me some time to edit them. I'll keep you all updated

--------------------

+Quote Post

Atreides
post May 28 2008, 05:23 PM
Post #14

Bearer of Black Sword
Group Icon

I'm not talking about a wolf faceset lolz. Here...

This is a recolor of an NPC that's in the game, the one on the top right is the original. Here's his face...

Now all you have to do is edit the hair to match the sprites hair. And if that's not too much trouble, I gotta about 15 of those you could do. Well if you wanted to. Here's the topic with all those NPC's... http://www.rpgmakervx.net/?showtopic=2377

--------------------

+Quote Post

Moogle
post May 28 2008, 05:31 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Another set, the black one looked fine when i was feeling ill this morning but I will be re doing it. I think the gold/blond one is good as well as the mousy one...but hmmm something went horribly wrong...the next one was meant to be ginger and i've ended up with a werewolf sponsored by Tango...

Atredies I will do my best to recolour for you ^^ I'll get on it right away so check back in a day or so and I'll have done my best for you laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Moogle: May 28 2008, 05:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Moogle
post May 28 2008, 11:55 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Sooo you asked for a face set and i present

Ta Da! I hope its to your liking. Any comments? and im happy to do more right now

This post has been edited by Moogle: May 29 2008, 08:49 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Solistra
post May 29 2008, 12:10 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Type: Writer

I like all of the villager recolors you've done for the facesets. More than likely I'll use a few just to break up the monotony of looking at the same villager over and over again. It's amazing how a simple recolor can make something look entirely different.

The werewolves look decent as well, though I must say that they are a bit oversaturated (as a whole) for my taste.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Moogle
post May 29 2008, 12:17 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Well if i keep going at it then i will do 15 sets of faces. Yeah some of the wolves need some work and well i can only get better but working on them, like i learned a new way to do blond with the faceset so i wont end up with a gold wolf or a green one lol. And i admit the Tango wolf is bad, really bad lol

--------------------

+Quote Post

Antares
post May 29 2008, 12:33 AM
Post #19

Professional Goose Kicker
Group Icon

Type: Artist

Holy crap!! Those face recolors are awesome!! Do you plan on doing more? Because if so, I will definitely have to link to your topic on mine. >.>

--------------------

"LOOK AT HOW GODDAMN SERIOUS THIS HELMET IS."
-MECHANICOR The Drunken Paladin

Supported Games:
Spoiler:

Supported Topics:
Spoiler:

(I love these guys!!!)

Other Stuff:
Spoiler:
Spriting Contest 3rd Place

My Threads:
Antares' Villager/RTP Recolors They're cholesterol-free!.... I mean, credit-free!
Antares' Original RTP Credit-required. Down at the current moment. I intend to get back to it in the very near future.
The Actor Recolor Project So I don't have to see freaking generic Ralph/Elmer used as a main charrie in EVERY GAME. *crazy-person panting*
My Links:
Vivid Style- silly little artblog...

+Quote Post

Moogle
post May 29 2008, 12:47 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Yes i plan on doing more and they are based off your recolours lol. I seem to be better at Facesets then Sprites it seems but im going to keep making werewolves as well as facesets so i can get better at recolouring them, though i think the Tango Wolf is the pride of my mistakes lol.

Anyway back to the point, I will do more and feel free to link ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 10:57 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.