iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

> Note for Tutorial Threads

New threads (tutorials) here will go into a moderation queue. You will not see your thread appear when you create it. A moderator will decide if it will be approved or denied.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [-Graphics-] Basic Photoshop Tutorial, Grid, Select, Recolor, Etc
Aindra
post Aug 15 2008, 01:30 AM
Post #1

• Inactive
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

Aindra's Basic Photoshop Tutorial

All tools here can be used for tiles, characters, windowskins, objects, pretty much everything else.
I'll cover only basics.

I'm using Photoshop CS3 but I'm pretty sure most of the features listed here are in earlier versions of Photoshop.

How to set the grid on the picture:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

How to select the picture:

How to change the picture's color:

Grids' Reference

Please do let me know if there are some that are confusing you. I'll try to change it again to make it more clearer.

--------------------

Award & To-Do List & Status
Spoiler:

To-Do List
  1. Custom List & Pages 2.0 Version
    Contains few bugs that I don't quite know how to fix. Am taking time to study and figure how to fix them, so it takes time. (I'm still a rookie scripter.)
  2. Surprise Graphic Package #1
  3. Surprise Graphic Package #2

To Do List - At Lowest Priority
New version of RPG School Maker. I originally planned to make a new version back in July 2009 but it fell apart due to teammates disappearing. Maybe I'll take it up again when my knowledge of RGSS2 improves. I had to include this in here because I've been asked often for it.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Super Stick Lyon...
post Aug 15 2008, 02:23 AM
Post #2

Preußischer Generalfeldmarschall
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Neutral Good

could you possibly tell how to alter grid lines in GIMP ver2.4.6??

--------------------
My Projects:

Supported Projects:
Spoiler:

But the age of chivalry is gone. That of sophisters, economists, and calculators, has succeeded; and the glory of Europe is extinguished for ever. Never, never more shall we behold that generous loyalty to rank and sex, that proud submission, that dignified obedience, that subordination of the heart, which kept alive, even in servitude itself, the spirit of an exalted freedom. The unbought grace of life, the cheap defense of nations, the nurse of manly sentiment and heroic enterprise, is gone!

--Edmund Burke

+Quote Post

Aindra
post Aug 15 2008, 02:25 AM
Post #3

• Inactive
Group Icon

I actually never used GIMP, hence "Photoshop" in the title. I can't really help you there. sad.gif

I could get GIMP and check it out though... But that may take a while, so maybe other users that are good with GIMP can answer those questions?

EDIT: GIMP is simliar to Photoshop in the grid.

You click: Edit -> Preferences -> Default Grid

Change the number under Spacing. 32 for Height, and 32 for Width. Or any grid number you want.

DOUBLE EDIT: I added GIMP tutorial now.

This post has been edited by Aindra: Aug 15 2008, 04:56 AM

--------------------

Award & To-Do List & Status
Spoiler:

To-Do List
  1. Custom List & Pages 2.0 Version
    Contains few bugs that I don't quite know how to fix. Am taking time to study and figure how to fix them, so it takes time. (I'm still a rookie scripter.)
  2. Surprise Graphic Package #1
  3. Surprise Graphic Package #2

To Do List - At Lowest Priority
New version of RPG School Maker. I originally planned to make a new version back in July 2009 but it fell apart due to teammates disappearing. Maybe I'll take it up again when my knowledge of RGSS2 improves. I had to include this in here because I've been asked often for it.

+Quote Post

mudducky
post Aug 18 2008, 11:51 AM
Post #4

Lurking...
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

Excellent tour. Though it's very basic, it still saves a lot of time =) Wish I knew about it a little while ago xP

In GIMP over a new file select view and tick "Snap to Grids" select image "Configure image grids" make the foreground colour black and the background colour white. Select Solid from the Line style option. Width and height will need to be, what enterbrain said. I forgot the exact figures. Final note. Make sure you use pixie and not cms. =)

--------------------
Want help with learning the RPG Maker VX events?

Support. Check out these projects! They are not placed in top ranking order or anything like that.

+Quote Post

Leventhan
post Aug 19 2008, 02:23 PM
Post #5

<insert member title here bleep>
Group Icon

People who have Photoshop should have known this already, but good job on simplifying it up for certain purposes.

--------------------

+Quote Post

scherzo
post Aug 19 2008, 02:57 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

I like how this is specially made for working with VX. Nice job, Aindra. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

kyon9854
post Oct 23 2008, 11:51 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Type: Designer

This is very helpful. But I'm having trouble putting it in RPG Maker. It appears in the selection but it doesn't select it right. How do I do it?

--------------------
I support:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 06:05 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.