iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Full screen not really full screen?, A question about the fact that the game doesn't fill up the screen
dpisacane
post Feb 23 2008, 10:48 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Writer

Hello!

I've been a serious RPG Maker user since RPG Maker 2000. I'm pretty familiar with all of the core event commands (I've never bothered much with RUBY), but overall I would say that I'm a reasonably advanced user. I've checked out VX and the first thing that struck me was that when I run my games in full screen, they don't take up the entire screen. There is a black box around the game screen. I can't imagine that this is intentional, Enterbrain wouldn't make that kind of a blunder. However, I can't seem to figure out how to rectify this problem. Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. - Before anyone screams at me for not searching the boards before posting this query... I did do a search and just wasn't able to find anything that helped. Thanks again for the time anyone takes to help me with this!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

GreenEquinox
post Feb 23 2008, 11:08 PM
Post #2

Problem Solver
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

QUOTE (dpisacane @ Feb 23 2008, 04:40 PM) *
Hello!

I've been a serious RPG Maker user since RPG Maker 2000. I'm pretty familiar with all of the core event commands (I've never bothered much with RUBY), but overall I would say that I'm a reasonably advanced user. I've checked out VX and the first thing that struck me was that when I run my games in full screen, they don't take up the entire screen. There is a black box around the game screen. I can't imagine that this is intentional, Enterbrain wouldn't make that kind of a blunder. However, I can't seem to figure out how to rectify this problem. Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. - Before anyone screams at me for not searching the boards before posting this query... I did do a search and just wasn't able to find anything that helped. Thanks again for the time anyone takes to help me with this!
I believe the black border is indeed intentional, and I'm glad Enterbrain put it there. Because the resolution VX uses is weird (544 x 416), on a normal computer screen the image would be distorted and stretched to fit, making it look ugly. Sort of like trying to watch a wide screen movie on a normal TV (you get that black part on the top and bottom of the screen).

This post has been edited by GreenEquinox: Feb 23 2008, 11:11 PM

--------------------
4 8 15 16 23 42

Project: development

+Quote Post

dpisacane
post Feb 24 2008, 12:24 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (GreenEquinox @ Feb 23 2008, 06:00 PM) *
I believe the black border is indeed intentional, and I'm glad Enterbrain put it there. Because the resolution VX uses is weird (544 x 416), on a normal computer screen the image would be distorted and stretched to fit, making it look ugly. Sort of like trying to watch a wide screen movie on a normal TV (you get that black part on the top and bottom of the screen).

It wouldn't bother me at all if I had to deal with letterboxing (or windowboxing, for that matter). The baffling thing is that they didn't at least fill out the screen in one of the directions... either horizontally or vertically.

Thanks a lot for answering my question, even if it wasn't the answer I was really looking for.

+Quote Post

Astel
post Feb 24 2008, 01:21 AM
Post #4

Elitists of the world, beware.
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I just see it as another of the RMVX quirks, doesn't bother me that much.

--------------------
Under Construction

+Quote Post

Diedrupo
post Feb 25 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

They did this intentionally.. If you resize the resolution to 640x480, it will not have the black border since that's the max that RMVX supports.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 02:17 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.