iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Knight's Academy [Looking for Staff], Combining all the default RTP characters with a new plot.
PsychicKitsune
post Nov 18 2012, 03:34 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

The default characters of RPG Maker VX have always been replaced with new characters as if they have no use.
So, I decided to go ahead and create a game using all the default RTP characters. The ones you know, Ralph, Ulrika, Bennet, Ylva, you know them.

This project however cannot be done alone.

[ Name changed to Knight's Academy, original name was Tachi.]

This could've been in a different area but I figured I'd put it here since I already started.

PLOT
Spoiler:
Ralph lives in a Forest Village, hoping that one day he'll finally be able to leave the village and become something different. The majority of the villagers are traders, stay-at-home people, etc. Ralph had recently sent a letter to the Knight's Academy. A academy that is offering to give students lessons and a chance to be something important. They train the majority of the classes and Ralph wants to be in the glory of all this. One day, he woke up and went downstairs to greet his grandparents. Who mention some blue-haired lady at the door. Her name is Ulrika, and she has offered to take him to the Knight's Academy. As she is a student teacher herself. Ulrika however mentions that she is also on a small quest that she is supposed to finish before heading back to the academy. To capture the assassin who is running around the forest. The two agree to go, even though Ralph's grandmother disapproves of this. Little did they know, an adventure had just begun.

CHARACTERS

Spoiler:

Ralph
Ralph is the main character of the game, and the protagonist of the game. He wishes to master the power of Thunder, and to become a true Paladin. He signs up for the Knight's Academy. Hoping he'll make it.
Role: Hero, average stats.

Ulrika
Ulrika is a student teacher at the Knight's Academy, and part of the Warrior Class. She has a bit of a temper, and gets things done. She grew up in the Royal City herself.
Role: Tank/Physical Cannon

Bennet
Bennet is the son of the Senior Priest of the Church in Starlight Town. He, and his brother fight over who will become the next Senior Priest
Role: Healer/Magician

Ylva
Ylva is a strong-willed girl who goes to a Private Magic school, hoping one day she'll become a legendary Magician. She's a bit crazy when it comes to potions and magic.
Role: Glass Magician

Lawrence
Lawrence is a Senior in the Knight's Academy and also Ulrika's partner. He does not join her on the journey to get Ralph..but joins the group much more later. He used to live in the Forest Village.
Role: Healer/Buffer/Physical Attacker

Oscar
Oscar was taken away from his family at a young age and worked for the 'devil' for many years. Now, he's a dangerous evil Knight. But there is something odd about him and his personality.
Role: Debuffer/Dark Magic

Vera
Vera is a Grappler, which is a forgotten class and is know living in the Goblin Cave with her friend, Elmer. Both love to steal and find mysterious treasures.
Role: Physical Glass Cannon

Elmer
Elmer loves to steal, and has been doing ever since he was 12. He works with his friend, Vera to find rare treasures. Their goal is to find the Four Main Orbs.
Role: Thief

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler:

FEATURES

Spoiler:
- ziffee's Wait Gauge Battle System
- 8-Direction Movements
- Bestiary
- Fancy graphics. (Mack's tileset.)
- Includes all the default RTP battlers in RPG Maker VX.
- Scripts by yanfly, KGC, modern algebra, and many more!

LOOKING FOR...

Spoiler:
- Staff, I'd really love somebody who could help me with dialogue. That's probably my worst thing. I'd also love to have a artist or music person. That'd be great, but y'know. It's not easy to find 'em. If you want to help, click here.
- More scripts. Such as mini-games, an advanced title screen, battle backs script, and a new Menu!
- Constructive Criticism? On mapping or plot..or..whatever.

DEMO'S

Spoiler:
Currently none.

If you have any questions, concerns, or thoughts. Please don't be shy and message me about it. Or post it here on this forum. Shouldn't be too hard.

I wish I could've made this fancier, but I really didn't know how. Oh well.

This post has been edited by PsychicKitsune: Nov 20 2012, 08:26 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Akod
post Nov 18 2012, 10:29 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Interesting. Usually people only use the default heroes when it is their first game, not base a game around them.

One thing though, I would rather you put the images in the thread instead of linking offsite. People don't like it when they have to load a new page just to look at the screenshots.

--------------------

Having issues eventing something? Feel free to send me a message and I will see what I can do!

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

PsychicKitsune
post Nov 18 2012, 10:44 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (Akod @ Nov 18 2012, 04:29 PM) *
Interesting. Usually people only use the default heroes when it is their first game, not base a game around them.

One thing though, I would rather you put the images in the thread instead of linking offsite. People don't like it when they have to load a new page just to look at the screenshots.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Also, I just put the Screenshots under the spoilers. Should be nice yes?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Akod
post Nov 18 2012, 10:48 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Much better. Thank you.

--------------------

Having issues eventing something? Feel free to send me a message and I will see what I can do!

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

PsychicKitsune
post Nov 18 2012, 10:51 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Akod @ Nov 18 2012, 04:48 PM) *
Much better. Thank you.

No problem! It was my first 'game' topic. So, I really didn't know what to expect. Thanks a lot!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 04:20 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.