iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KGC_LargeParty Compatibility for Tankentai SBS with ATB, V4.3 ~ Swap Actors During Battle! ~ new feature update
sparkyg13
post Apr 11 2010, 06:25 PM
Post #1

x^2
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Unaligned

KGC_LargeParty Compatability for Tankentai SBS with ATB

v4.3

By: Sparkyg13

NOTICE: I must say I'm sorry for the constant updates, but this script is highly unstable, I'm trying to make as compatible as I can, but I keep running into errors and mistakes.

major thanks to Shadwblitz for testing and reporting many of this scripts bugs

--INFO:

This script allows you to use the KGC_LargeParty script for Tankentai w/ ATB mainly for the purpose of swapping party members during battle.

I hope you enjoy :D

--More versions will become available every now and then if I need to change something, add a customization or fix a bug

--UPDATES:

V4.3

Spoiler:
CODE

when pressing inputs L/R
you will now page down/up an actor row

V4.2b

Spoiler:
CODE

# Version 4.2
-------------------

# New Features
----------------

> States, such as being asleep, can now modify the ability to swap.
Set a notetag(below) into a state's notebox and when an actor is
Effected by the state, he/she will be unable to swap.
Notetags :
<denyswap>
<deny swap>
<cantswap>
<cant swap>
<can't swap>

> Enemies can now modify the ability of individual actors to swap.
Notetags :
<deny actor swap: x>

x = id of actor.

> You can now set the ammount of time it takes for an actor to swap.
In the new configuration SWAP_CHARGE you can set a number of
options that allow you to modify how long it takes for an actor to swap.
after selecting two actors to swap the actor that is in battle will
be affected with a 'swapping state' this will deny them to perform
any action until the atb-bar refills, and when it does refill the
battler will swap. Also the party member that is swapping with
the actor in battle will be unable to swap with anyone else while
the battler is wait to swap.

> You also may notice a change in the way actors swap. They don't change
immediately anymore. This is because swapping is now an action, like an
attack/guard/skill/item and they wait on other pending action before
swapping. This will fix many problems that occur when swapping, like enemies
attacking swapping members which lead to errors.

V4.0
Spoiler:
CODE

# Version 4.0
-------------------
Since 3.1c, this script has been through major modifications and restructuring.

# New Features
----------------

> Spin Command Compatibility is now integrated into the system so a
separate script is no longer needed.

> Script is now more organized.

> useless methods and variables have been removed.

> ability to add a notetag to an enemy in the database that allows
you to deny party swapping during battle.

- Notetags (any will work):
<denyswap>
<deny swap>
<cantswap>
<cant swap>
<can't swap>

# Bug Fixes
---------------

> Actor ATB bars will no longer move to the left when an actor is swapped.

Version History
Spoiler:

V3.1a~c (FINAL.. probably)
Spoiler:

New Features

--Added more customizations options, which include
the ability to turn off automatic party positions
the ability to change the text on the party swap command (PARTY_SWAP_TYPE = 1)
the ability to change the text on the party swap command (PARTY_SWAP_TYPE = 1, Spin Command Script)
and more..

bug fixes
none

updated: 20th September 2010

--atb will now freeze, as it should, after swapping party members when using 'wait' mode.

updated: 22nd September 2010

--fixed problem that froze the game after cancel the party swap command.

V3.0a~b
Spoiler:

New Features
--New Party Postitioning in which you specify the number of actors in one column and the maximum number of battle members and the script will automattically move your actors into the correct position

NOTE: If you make the number of members in one column greater than the maximum battle members you will recieve a divided by 0 error message.

--The two compatablity scripts have now been but into one big script.

Bug Fixes

--It works now.. :D

updated: 26th July 2010

--You no longer receive an error message when trying to swap a blank position for an actor.

-- When using party swap type 0: Swapping party members now will end the command of the current actor rather than just returning to the actor's action menu.

updated: 02th August 2010

--The Atb Gauges will now disappear while performing the party swap commands

--The position of the swap command (party swap type = 1) has been changed to on top of the actor command list

V2.3
Spoiler:

New Features
--You will no longer be able to select the the party swap option while an actor is performing the swap animation
NOTE: this fixes a lot of bugs related to continuous swapping.

Bug Fixes
--Fixed a bug where the actor command window, in some cases, remained active after you chose the party swap option.

V2.2a~e
Spoiler:

Bug Fixes
--Fixed a bug where swapped actors would not perform the run out animation

--Fixed a bug where the status menu, would disappear, when actors were swapped

--Fixed a bug when using Party Swap Type 0, swapped battlers would be granted an ineffective action

--Fixed a bug when using Party Swap Type 0, the commander who was switching the party member 's command was canceled when he switch an actor other than himself.

--Fixed a bug when, if you pressed the action button before you began to attack you would receive an error message.

--fixed a bug where this script made the actor command window constantly active

--fixed a bug where the party swap command was not active when you clicked hit the PARTY_SWAP_KEY.

--Fixed a Bug where the status window did not refresh until an enemy attacked an actor

--Fixed a Bug where you received an error message that involved the cursor's opacity when the battle ended after lots of swapping.

V2.1
Spoiler:

New Features
--I have removed the customization ONE_SWAP, now you will always be limited to on swap per active battler, because not only have I realized it's unethical, but it's also unfair (to your enemies), but all other customizations are still in place.

Bug Fixes
--100% fixed the bug in which swapped active battlers were granted an ineffective action(this bug reappeared when trying to use the compatibility script for the Spin Command menu)

--Fixed a bug where the party menu did not close exactly after you chose an actor to swap, this led to instances where you were trying to swap a non-existent party member which resulted in an error message.

V2.0
Spoiler:

New Features

--You can now choose if the party swap menus are displayed in battle
when PARTY_SWAP_ON = false, the party options will not be displayed in battle
and it will be like you never had this script.

--You are now able to set the key that opens the party swap command option when the party swap type = 1

--You are now able to control the swapping of dead party members
when NO_SWITCH_DEAD_MEMBER = true, you are not allowed to switch dead party members

--The maximum amount of party members you can set that are allowed on the battle field has been extended to 12.

--You may now download a compatibility script that makes this script compatible with zifee's Spin Command script.
When the party swap type = 1, a party swap button is added to the spin command menu, however by using this script you are limited to only a maximum of 4 battle members due to the fact that the status window will not display more than 4 battle members.

if used: scripts should be in this order:
Spoiler:

CODE
SBS Config
SBS 1
SBS 2
------
ATB Config
ATB (1.1'x')
------
KGC LP
------
Sparkys LP/ATB Compat
Sparkys Redef Party Reform
------
Spin Command
Spin Command Compat

Bug Fixes

--Fixed a bug in which the party swap menu became inactive while enemies were attacking

--Fixed a bug in which all actors atb gauges would reset after exchanging a party member.

V1.0
Spoiler:

New Features

--You can now choose between two party swap types
When PARTY_SWAP_TYPE = 0 the party will swap in the default way:
choose the party option from the command menu
choose the battle members to swap
done!

When it equals 1, the party will swap in a different way;
only individual active battlers can be swapped for standby members
when a battler is active you can press Input Z (default 'D' on the keyboard) and this will bring up a small window to the left of your battlers command menu that will say "Swap", when selected. You can swap only that active battler for a standby member

screen shots:
Spoiler:

--You can now easily select the ammount of maximum battler members in the cusomization section of the Compatability script.

screen shot:
Spoiler:

up to 8 battle members:

Bug Fixes

--Fixed a reported bug inwhich the status window did not immediately refresh after party members were swapped.

--Fixed another bug inwhich a switched active battler would still be 'in-play' for a single 'ineffective' action.

V0.2
Spoiler:

New Features

--Members swapped out will now individually exit and enter the battle, rather than the whole party.

Bug Fixes

none

--Screen Shots

Spoiler:

Party Swapping

Spin Command Compatibility

Now.. that's a Large Party O_o

--Script
Note: Both Tankentai Sideview Battle System with ATB and KGC LargeParty are required for this script to work

ALSO: Be sure to read the OTHER USEFUL FUNCTIONS section at the bottom of the CUSTOMIZATION section of the script for more information about how to use this script. ( this includes things like how to disable the system in battle )

Download Script Here

--How to Install
scripts should be installed in this order:
CODE

[SBS] General Settings [required]
[SBS] Battler Config [required]
Sideview 1 (3.X) [required]
Sideview 2 (3.X) [required]

ATB Config [required]
ATB (1.X) [required]

Tankentai Add-ons [optional]

Ziifee's Spin Command [optional]
KGC_LargeParty [required]
LPATB (4.X) [this]

--FAQ

Q: I cannot see the Party command in battle (or it is faded out and I cannot select it).
A: The party command option will only be visible (or selectable) if you have more than 1 actor in your reserve party.

Q: Does this compatibility script work with the newest version of the SBS w/ ATB
A: As far as I know it does, but I haven't had much time to test it so if you find an error please post here or PM me.

Q: I get an error on 'line 810' about an undefined 'superclass'
A: Make sure you have installed the KGC Large Party script and that it is in the correct position according to how to install section above

--Credit
If you use this compatibility script please credit me.

--Special Thanks
Special thanks to the creators and contributors of the Tankentai Sideview Battle System
And Special thanks to the creators and contributors of the KGC_LargeParty Script
for without them, this script would not be necessary =P

This post has been edited by sparkyg13: Feb 16 2012, 08:20 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Dyrnwyn
post Apr 14 2010, 02:04 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

This works pretty well, actually. Only bug is that after a party member swaps in is that it takes it an action or 2 before the display at the bottom catches back up.

+Quote Post

sparkyg13
post Apr 14 2010, 06:39 AM
Post #3

x^2
Group Icon

New Update
V1.0
Spoiler:

New Features

--You can now choose between two party swap types
When PARTY_SWAP_TYPE = 0 the party will swap in the default way:
choose the party option from the command menu
choose the battle members to swap
done!

When it equals 1, the party will swap in a different way;
only individual active battlers can be swapped for standby members
when a battler is active you can press Input Z (default 'D' on the keyboard) and this will bring up a small window to the left of your battlers command menu that will say "Swap", when selected. You can swap only that active battler for a standby member

screen shots:
Spoiler:

--You can now easily select the ammount of maximum battler members in the cusomization section of the Compatability script.

screen shot:
Spoiler:

up to 8 battle members:

Bug Fixes

--Fixed a reported bug inwhich the status window did not immediately refresh after party members were swapped.

--Fixed another bug inwhich a switched active battler would still be 'in-play' for a single 'ineffective' action.

+Quote Post

flipsomel
post Apr 14 2010, 02:50 PM
Post #4

L. Khaos
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

In my current game i am not using more than 4 party members, but that looks pretty sweet!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Apr 14 2010, 04:43 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

I suggest providing the option to prevent switching incapacitated party members in battle.

Other than that, good job. This was a relatively frequent request in the past year.

--------------------
I no longer support Tankentai.

+Quote Post

NAT_Designer
post Apr 14 2010, 05:17 PM
Post #6

Do not expect me to be nice.
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: True Neutral

This is interesting, very interesting. I never thought of allowing players to swap the party during battles. I'll give it a try.

--------------------
Never think of yourself as entitled to know how the world works. Your job is to live in it, and follow it's rules. Nothing more.

+Quote Post

ch121s
post Apr 15 2010, 10:45 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

This is a nice script except the exchange in the battle part

--------------------
REVIVED
Current Project:Cage of Maiden
Completion:10%

+Quote Post

shadwblitz
post Apr 16 2010, 10:57 AM
Post #8

Discotheque ♥ Love
Group Icon

Type: Writer

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but here it is:

When PARTY_SWAP_TYPE is set to 1, and ATB is on active, every time an actor swaps with another, it resets the ATB gauge of every other party member.

You also can't swap while enemy animation is going on, which is kind of a let-down.

This post has been edited by shadwblitz: May 13 2010, 11:29 PM

--------------------
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

jaydee15
post Apr 16 2010, 03:14 PM
Post #9

Something coherent... Also Muscle Milk
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

Is it possible to add a new option for that script in Ziifee's Spin Battle Menu Command script? Like a new icon for this command? Or is it only for standard SBS + ATB?

--------------------
"Kinda bored, but still working on my project."
==========
I support:

==========
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

sparkyg13
post Apr 16 2010, 08:04 PM
Post #10

x^2
Group Icon

@shadwblitz: Well generally it doesn't matter what the party command type is set to, all the actors ATB gauges will reset when a change has been made, i'll see what I can do about that though. As for swapping while Enemies are active i'm not entirely sure about that. so i'll also have to look into that...

@jaydee15: Yes this script was intended to be for the standard SBS+ATB, but I'll look up the script and see what I can do, but i'm not making any promises.

=====================================================================

--New Update

V2.0
Spoiler:

New Features

--You can now choose if the party swap menus are displayed in battle
when PARTY_SWAP_ON = false, the party options will not be displayed in battle
and it will be like you never had this script.

--You are now able to set the key that opens the party swap command option when the party swap type = 1

--You are now able to control the swapping of dead party members
when NO_SWITCH_DEAD_MEMBER = true, you are not allowed to switch dead party members

--The maximum amount of party members you can set that are allowed on the battle field has been extended to 12.

--You may now download a compatibility script that makes this script compatible with zifee's Spin Command script.
When the party swap type = 1, a party swap button is added to the spin command menu, however by using this script you are limited to only a maximum of 4 battle members due to the fact that the status window will not display more than 4 battle members.

if used: scripts should be in this order:
Spoiler:

CODE
SBS Config
SBS 1
SBS 2
------
ATB Config
ATB (1.1'x')
------
KGC LP
------
Sparkys LP/ATB Compat
------
Spin Command
Spin Command Compat

Bug Fixes

--Fixed a bug in which the party swap menu became inactive while enemies were attacking

--Fixed a bug in which all actors atb gauges would reset after exchanging a party member.

This post has been edited by sparkyg13: Apr 17 2010, 12:41 AM

+Quote Post

shadwblitz
post Apr 17 2010, 04:50 AM
Post #11

Discotheque ♥ Love
Group Icon

I'm glad that you have remedied the bugs from the last version! Alas, I have yet to return with a new kind of bug that I have found in the current one.

I noticed that the ATB Gauge moved when the actor swaps with another.
I also noticed that actors who swap in start with their ATB Gauge Half-full.

Most of the errors occurred when when I tried battling Cockatrice*2 and kept on swapping and swapping. I found two errors that pop up - and they seem to appear at random. Though, it usually appears when I try to swap actors.

I'm also using the zifee's Spin Addon, and have included the compatibility patch. The scripts are in the order you have posted: being,

Spoiler:
SBS Config
SBS 1
SBS 2
------
ATB Config
ATB (1.1'x')
------
KGC LP
------
Sparkys LP/ATB Compat
------
Spin Command
Spin Command Compat

EDIT: This happens randomly if you swap too much.

EDIT: This error occurs when you try to issue a command to an actor that's swapped out. Oddly enough, you could do this by pressing the "X" key (or the one that corresponds to the A key in real life) to swap between battlers with full ATB.

Note: There are no other scripts included. I actually used the demo provided as base, and had only copied over zifee's scripts.

This post has been edited by shadwblitz: May 13 2010, 11:28 PM

--------------------
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

sparkyg13
post Apr 17 2010, 06:00 PM
Post #12

x^2
Group Icon

Ok, the script has been updated with hopefully all the bugs sorted out and fixed.

EDIT:
also if you are planning on using this demo as a base please replace the Scene_Title, script if you don't want the 'Select Battle' option to display at the title menu

This post has been edited by sparkyg13: Apr 17 2010, 07:56 PM

+Quote Post

shadwblitz
post Apr 17 2010, 09:43 PM
Post #13

Discotheque ♥ Love
Group Icon

I thank you so much for your bug fixes! I'll let you know if I find any more~

EDIT: I'm glad there aren't any errors now, but I can't deny the fact that there's still something weird going on. Please don't give up, you're almost there!

This occurs, as you can see, with zifee's spin command. I included the compatibility patch, and made sure that the scripts are in order. This happens whenever you choose the swap command, regardless of who is using it, and who is he going to swap with. This doesn't last long, however; after a few seconds (around 7 or so), the actor who should have left just "poofs" away. Also: while the actor who uses swap still hasn't "poofed" away, he could still be target of enemy skills.

This post has been edited by shadwblitz: May 13 2010, 11:17 PM

--------------------
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

sparkyg13
post Apr 18 2010, 12:12 AM
Post #14

x^2
Group Icon

@shadwblitz: first, I must thank you very much, for reporting all of these bugs and I'm happy to say I've fixed the problem(again smile.gif ), hopefully this will be the last update concerning bug fixes...

+Quote Post

crazedanimekid
post Apr 18 2010, 12:53 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

This is absolutely great! Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post

jaydee15
post Apr 18 2010, 02:35 AM
Post #16

Something coherent... Also Muscle Milk
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

@Sparkyg13:
I am sorry to disturb you again, but how do we add an escape option in Ziifee's Spin Battle Command compatibility patch you created, please? For I have this feature in the normal script, and I am afraid that your patch may overwrite it...

--------------------
"Kinda bored, but still working on my project."
==========
I support:

==========
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

sparkyg13
post Apr 18 2010, 02:48 AM
Post #17

x^2
Group Icon

@jaydee15: wait, do you mean you want an escape command on the rotating command menu?
because there is already an option to escape when using Ziifee's Spin Battle Command, that my script doesn't over-wright, when you press X to display the party command menu:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

shadwblitz
post Apr 18 2010, 03:51 AM
Post #18

Discotheque ♥ Love
Group Icon

I'm back again for moar errors. The errors seem to get less and less noticeable, so good job on that. Battling normally is already bug-free (to my knowledge) but some errors still occur when you try impatient/weird battling.

You can still command an actor while he's running out for the swap.
Swapped in actors seem to start with 1/2 of their ATB Gauge already filled.

First picture occurs when you try to command an actor who's running out and then issuing a command to another party member. The battle still continues, but you can only choose to attack.
Second picture occurs when you try to spam Swap while the actor is already running out.

Side note: Is there a way to remove the Box that contiains the word Standby when swapping?

This post has been edited by shadwblitz: May 13 2010, 11:16 PM

--------------------
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

sparkyg13
post Apr 18 2010, 06:37 AM
Post #19

x^2
Group Icon

ok, the next update is up, i know this hasn't been the first time i've said this, but: "hopefully, all the bugs are worked out..."

and @shadwblitz: yes you can remove the Stand-by box, in the Redefined Party Reform script just change one thing under "def party_selection_on":

CODE

@party_member_caption_window.visible = true #===> CHANGE THIS TO FALSE.

This post has been edited by sparkyg13: Apr 18 2010, 06:38 AM

--------------------
/yawn

+Quote Post

shadwblitz
post Apr 18 2010, 07:02 AM
Post #20

Discotheque ♥ Love
Group Icon

Thank you! I'm very much pleased. I'll notify you again if I find anymore bugs. (Hopefully not)

EDIT: There are no more bugs throughout a single battle (At least, that's what I think...)! Most bugs listed here occur after the battle now.

Suggestion: Would it be possible to disallow the main character (in this case, Ralph) to not be able to use the Swap command, when using Party Swap Type 1?

Error: This error pops up when you try to play the game normally. When you go to the Lava Pit Arena Battle 1, the battle plays without errors, but by the time the party goes against Bat*2, the error pops up before an actor is able to act.

Itsy-Bitsy-OMG-USELESS-PREFERENCE Suggestion: For swapped actors: would it be possible to make the faceset change before the ATB Gauge starts to fill up again?

Error: This error pops up after the battle of Slime*2. shadwblitz forgot if it occured after receiving EXP, or after shadwblitz killed the last slime.

Good Luck!

This post has been edited by shadwblitz: May 13 2010, 11:15 PM

--------------------
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 05:23 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.