iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
32 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Enelysion, (30/04/2012) *gasp* An update?! June is D-Month! ^^
Custom art?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 153
Guests cannot vote 
Luchino-chan
post Feb 17 2011, 05:53 AM
Post #1

Mistress of none.
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

This is a project that deals with the inner conflicts of the human soul and psyche, and the abominations you will encounter are the very embodiment of those feelings. So, if you're expecting a game where your characters eventually evolve into demi-gods and take down some super-powered one-winged angel or another, this isn't a game for you. Enelysion is a project between human beings, and their inner struggles, desires and fears, which I personally find far more interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vb_lmElJN8...nKEPpAfvmI8JMgP
You probably want to know what the game is like before downloading, eh? The above video should give the player an idea.

Chapter One avaliable for download ( Released May 2010 ).

http://www.mediafire.com/?gnbt2euegjf7qdx
Have fun, everyone. smile.gif

The world of Elendia is in turmoil. 300 years have passed since the founding of the 4 nations and the legend of Cuchulain.

Spoiler:

The information below is quite long, so if you're prepared to read a wall of text relating to Elendia's history, feel free. smile.gif

History

Enelysion Cycle or E.C 456

- The Pegasi of Lugh is the central epic of the Enelysion cycle.

The saga begins as King Atheon of Vonnaug amasses a large army in order to gain possession
of a magnificent pegasus belonging to Vaire, a chieftain of Enelys. As the men of Enelys are afflicted by a debilitating
curse, the seventeen-year-old Cuchulain must defend Enelys single-handedly. The lightning-struck tower
was the battlefield for this confrontation.

Caught unawares, Atheon unleashed a powerful form of dark magic that decimates most of
Cuchulain's reinforcements. Terrifying beings, known only as Nyx, feed on the life essence
of the fallen. Atheon intends to use the energy to begin his apotheosis.

Legend has it that after Cuchulain suffered a mortal wound from his arch-enemy
Atheon, a pegasi came up to him and rested its head against Cuchulain's wound.
Miraculously, it healed, and the hero was filled with divine strength, enabling him to cut down
Atheon ( who had fused with a being known as Nyx ) and his minions with a blade known only as
Sigurd.

After Atheon's defeat, Cuchulain bid farewell to his fellow comrades. These 4 warriors would eventually
form the 4 kingdoms that make up Elendia. They signed an agreement never to engage in pointless
warfare, assist each other in possible times of strife, and provide reinforcements when needed. Sangreal
and Rheis would eventually become close allies.

E.C 459

- Cuchulain would go on to establish Sangreal, the largest of the 4 nations, and would establish the Tuatha De Danaan,
a band of mercernaries which would become legends in their own right as champions of mankind.
St. Fonteini, the bringer of Light, would go on to establish the Alatean Brotherhood, and the mage nation
of Raguel. They were entrusted with the sword Sigurd, and it is revered amongst the
brotherhood to this day. No-one has since been able to withdraw the sword from its scabbard.
It was not meant to be drawn, even during times of conflict.

E.C 467

-Donar, the warrior with "thunder in his veins" became a recluse from society, and formed the warrior nation
of Balor. But without his guidance, the nation slipped into chaos, and various rogue-like bands sprung
up, each with their own laws and customs. To this day, they still battle over land ownership
feuds begun centuries before...

E.C 488

- Leto, the Archsage, founded the Kingdom of Rheis. He became fascinated with the ancient legends,
dating long before the Enelysion Era, and spiralled down into darkness. Banished from Rheis
for his abominable acts, he went underground and vanished as though he had never existed.

[/i][/b]

In Chapter One: Halcyon Days ( Already avaliable )
Length: Around 1.5 to 2 hours.

Laine, a mercenary of an even temperament living in the town of Landen, recieves an unusual summoning by a hooded stranger after coming into contact with a strange glowing orb. He warns her that everything she holds dear will soon be in grave peril. She dismisses his talk as the 'ramblings of a lunatic' and proceeds to take on a job at the local pub, which also serves as the mercenary headquaters, yet she cannot quell the thought that she is being watched by some unknown force...

In Chapter Two: Black Tempest ( Release date TBA )

It is the calm before the storm. An organization, long-thought extinct, rises up from the shadows to put an end to their sworn enemies. Two countries are in turmoil, and the kindle for the flames of strife are already laid down. Two knights, entrusted with an important mission, only add to the intrigue that is currently plaguing the continent of Elendia... How do Laine and her companion Patrick fit into all this? All this and more will be revealed in Chapter Two of Enelysion: Red Dawn.

Characters

Spoiler:

Name: Cillian Reiser
Height: 184 cm
Weight: 87 kg
Hair Color: Red
Eye color: Blue

Bio under construction.

Name: Siglud Theissely
Height: 186 cm
Weight: 90 kg
Hair Color: Chestnut
Eye color: Teal

Bio under construction.

Features

- A rich detailed universe full of plot twists and uncovered secrets. Guaranteed cliff-hangers!
- No random encounters. Fight or flee, it's your choice.
- A group of detailed, in-game guides to help you along.
- A game that puts emphasis on narration and storytelling, rather than filling the game with useless side-features.
- Simple, turn-based, no frills combat system utilizing Tankentai. It's still challenging, though. But fun.
- A fully customized, rich and orchestral soundtrack ( no commercial game music ). Who wants Final Fantasy music? Not me.
- Detailed maps to bring this wonderful world to life. Plenty of exploration included.

Media

Credits

Spoiler:
Scripts:

Yanfly
SephirothSpawn
Shanghai
Kylock, Mr. Bubble
Woratana
Synthesize
BulletXT
OriginalWij
Master I
Hanzo Kimura

Graphics

Mack
Celianna
Lunarea
emmych
Hanzo Kimura
Mr. Bubble
Enterbrain
Soruve
IceDragon
StormRiderAngel
Myself smile.gif
Fire Emblem 9 mugshots

Games that inspired me:

Valkyrie Stories: Escallion Rising ( graphical inspiration, thread layout )
Adela Isra ( mapping, gameplay )
Linus ( atmosphere, characters, world-building, writing )
Amulet of Athos: Legend of the Sarian Knights ( gameplay, atmosphere )
The Fire Emblem games ( love to me ^^ )

If I've left anyone out, please inform me. ^^

Fan Art

Spoiler:

By emmych. She needs no introduction, you all know who she is. biggrin.gif

Laine yet again, drawn in the Zelda Windwaker style, by Twidger.

Laine, again. This time by jaydee15. smile.gif Still a WIP, I think.

By A-Moonless Night, featuring Laine's new design. ^^

Support!

Liked what you saw? Then support Enelysion and put this in your sig. smile.gif It will link back to this topic.

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=42516"][img]http://www.rpgmakervx.net/uploads/1328989836/gallery_77350_860_3332.png[/img][/url]

That's it folks. Stay updated, and remain the awesome community that you are. smile.gif

Wow, I only realised how very,very long this post is... blink.gif

This post has been edited by Luchino-chan: Apr 30 2012, 02:30 PM

--------------------
Developer and author of:

Dev blog:

I support:
Spoiler:

My tutorials: Bringing you quality tutorials, from me to you.
- Create a gorgeous valley with Mack tiles, Luchi-style.
- An advanced tutorial showing how you can add features such as an in-game gallery, a character biography or even an in-game tutorial!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rixis
post Feb 17 2011, 09:28 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: True Neutral

Looks great! Cant wait to play it biggrin.gif!!!! Mercenaries!!!! biggrin.gif and a women!!!!!!!

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I am your Goddess and you worship me then put this userbar in your sig :D!
-------------You must obey! @_@------------

Other stuff you SHOULD look at :].....Obey @_@!!!!!

Spoiler:
------------My current project-----------------

--------------Projects I'm looking forward to----------

+Quote Post

Artain
post Feb 18 2011, 12:36 AM
Post #3

Marine
Group Icon

Ah, I missed this, even though I knew you'd post it today. It looks great though, happy to be of help with it. smile.gif

--------------------

I have alot of experience with RPG Maker, and it is my pleasure to help those who want to learn. Feel free to ask me if you're having any trouble.
I'm rarely here anymore though, so it might take some time before I notice your message.

I Support:

My Project:
WIP Story Cutscene
Battle Scene Test

"Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy."

+Quote Post

Luchino-chan
post Feb 18 2011, 05:56 AM
Post #4

Mistress of none.
Group Icon

Thank you Rixis, for approving. I'm sure you'll enjoy this game. I love mercenaries myself. They make such amazing and badass characters, especially if they're female. smile.gif

Better go about making a support bar for this game.

You guys will support it, right? wink.gif

@Avelin: Yes, I am very happy to have you as my proofreader, but apart from you and emmych, I'm not going to recruit anyone for this project. It's very personal.

--------------------
Developer and author of:

Dev blog:

I support:
Spoiler:

- An advanced tutorial showing how you can add features such as an in-game gallery, a character biography or even an in-game tutorial!

+Quote Post

Lunarea
post Feb 18 2011, 06:13 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Type: Artist

I'm looking forward to seeing this in action! Your story seems interesting, and your screenshots are very engaging. It really feels like you've put a ton of thought, feeling and effort into this project and it shows. I'm prepared to be blown away by the future demo/finished project.

Good luck!

*supports*

+Quote Post

Luchino-chan
post Feb 18 2011, 06:23 AM
Post #6

Mistress of none.
Group Icon

Thank you Lunarea. Yes, I have put a ton of though into this project. Development started around November last year, and since then, I've been reading up on mythology, meanings behind names, looking at other games for inspiration and so on. smile.gif I like having meanings of layers, each hidden inside the other.

--------------------
Developer and author of:

Dev blog:

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Emmych
post Feb 18 2011, 06:35 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Woo, you topic's up~! Looks fabulousa, Laine! I can't wait for it. c:
Do you have a support bar ready? I want to put one in my siiiig~!

+Quote Post

mcDEUCEsf
post Feb 18 2011, 07:51 AM
Post #8

Night Auditor of Souls
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

I am interested as well. *TRACKS TOPIC* I've enjoyed your mapping style (loved what I've seen in the screenshots posted here and in the Map Screenie Thread) and am looking forward to giving this a good play through once it's available!

--------------------
I SUPPORT:

This made me LOL:
QUOTE (PINEDAVX @ Mar 2 2011, 07:06 AM) *
...Mostly to see if it's a mod error, not because you're furious RAWR because we honestly don't give a shit

+Quote Post

Luchino-chan
post Feb 18 2011, 07:52 AM
Post #9

Mistress of none.
Group Icon

Nah, no support bar yet. I still have to make one. But thanks for your enthusiasm, it means alot. smile.gif

@mcDUECEsf: Thank you. I'll try to live up to the expectations. smile.gif

This post has been edited by deranged_laine: Feb 18 2011, 12:08 PM

--------------------
Developer and author of:

Dev blog:

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Scinaya
post Feb 18 2011, 08:13 PM
Post #10

Spreading the Valentine's joy
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

This looks pretty good~

I like the mythology and the graphics you have made. Strong storylines are really a huge interest factor for me .o. and it seems like you will include a lot of it in game... ouo o/ keep it up

Thoough... X3 The devnagari writing in your title screen bothers me slightly... As I do not see any connection to Indian mythology ;A; I kinda expected it to be the title written in devnagari script. But at least I couldn't read it as "Enelysion", though I am so rusty in it, I might be wrong unu... <u< I guess you have your reason for iit, it just aroused my curiosity whether it has some meaning or if it is aesthetic touch.

Anyways this all looks balanced and thoroughly thought

--------------------
;u; Thank you:

+Quote Post

Luchino-chan
post Feb 18 2011, 08:25 PM
Post #11

Mistress of none.
Group Icon

The devnagari script actually reads as 'Red Dawn', which refers to the Altan ( which means 'Red Dawn' in a language I forgot to note down...) period mentioned in the game's history. But isn't it better than including random Japanese letters? wink.gif

There's a lot more that I'm still going to add ( I literally wrote out several pages just relating to the history of Elendia, mythology is really amazing for inspiration and even the names of certain facts in the game can be traced to either Greek or Nordic/Germanic names.) And I am focused on the storytelling and character dev. aspect of the game, so anyone who is looking for a good story has come to the right place. smile.gif

--------------------
Developer and author of:

Dev blog:

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Artain
post Feb 18 2011, 08:30 PM
Post #12

Marine
Group Icon

QUOTE (deranged_laine @ Feb 18 2011, 09:25 PM) *
Altan ( which means 'Red Dawn' in a language I forgot to note down...)

It is Turkish, if you'd like to know.

--------------------

I have alot of experience with RPG Maker, and it is my pleasure to help those who want to learn. Feel free to ask me if you're having any trouble.
I'm rarely here anymore though, so it might take some time before I notice your message.

I Support:

My Project:
WIP Story Cutscene
Battle Scene Test

"Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy."

+Quote Post

jaydee15
post Feb 18 2011, 11:23 PM
Post #13

Something coherent... Also Muscle Milk
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

I couldn't dare not visit that page. Phew! I'm not the only one who deals with detailed timeline, I see. And the pictures, and the story is very intriguing. Although I am not too fond of Mercenaries, I cannot wait to see how you are going to develop a she-Mercenary. It is quite unusual, I may say--although quite common, in the D&D world. Only 2 playable characters, or is there going to be more? Last thing, is the font a placeholder? Because the game looks very "chevalresque," while the font looks a bit too modern... Anyway, I will watch this topic's posts more often to see the progress. smile.gif

--------------------
"Kinda bored, but still working on my project."
==========
I support:

==========
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

Luchino-chan
post Feb 19 2011, 12:27 PM
Post #14

Mistress of none.
Group Icon

@jaydee15: I'm planning on having around 5-7 playable characters, and yes, the default VX font is a placeholder. I'm not too well versed in font usage, and I'm looking for a decent sans-serif font that goes with my game. If anyone ha some suggestions, feel free.
@Avelin: Thank you for clarifying that. I forgot to note down the languages I was using, but I knew it was an Eastern one. =)

Anyway, here are some new screenshots. I'll add the other 2 character bios to the OP.

--------------------
Developer and author of:

Dev blog:

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Scinaya
post Feb 19 2011, 12:32 PM
Post #15

Spreading the Valentine's joy
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

I was expecting you had a reason o/ And I get it now. I wasn't expecting it was English words written with it , hence I didn't notice the red dawn. It is different at least, not many use them~

Good luck <u< o/

--------------------
;u; Thank you:

+Quote Post

Nishi9261
post Feb 19 2011, 06:37 PM
Post #16

No I will not make you a sandwich
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Oh wow! This project of yours looks really awesome Laine. It definitely shows that you've put a lot of effort into it! Good luck in completing it! I look forward playing it in the future! =D

--------------------

Nishi9261's Development Blog

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

ak47lol
post Feb 19 2011, 11:49 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

This project looks and sounds great! I enjoyed reading the History, can see alot of thought went in to it. Your characters seem interesting.
The mapping is very eye catching and detailed, seems like there is a lot of exploration to be done, which I love!
It is a very strong project for a first VX game, I am looking forward to play it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Luchino-chan
post Feb 20 2011, 09:45 AM
Post #18

Mistress of none.
Group Icon

Nishi9261 and ak47lol: Thank you for your support. I enjoy creating detailed worlds filled with lore and legend, with the occasional Deity appearing to help out the heroes on their journey. That reminds me, I still have to draw up a Pantheon of Deities which the people of Elendia worship ( Greek Mythology coming into play here. smile.gif )

You guys are probably wondering where Cuchuloan/Cuchulain got his divine strength, which enabled him to defeat Atheon. smile.gif Well, history probably will repeat itself. Blood ties to the country of birth are extremely important as well.

Here are some development screens.

Spoiler:

Part of the Forest of Pan.

Spoiler:

Part of Landen, the first town that you start in.

--------------------
Developer and author of:

Dev blog:

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

jaydee15
post Feb 20 2011, 09:34 PM
Post #19

Something coherent... Also Muscle Milk
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

@Deranged_Laine:
Yes, detailed worlds prove that you create more than just the characters. In my case, I even created languages (now working with dialects). Legends and histories are even included! Yay! Welcome to the club of the detailed conworld-creators! tongue.gif

--------------------
"Kinda bored, but still working on my project."
==========
I support:

==========
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

Luchino-chan
post Feb 22 2011, 06:56 AM
Post #20

Mistress of none.
Group Icon

@jaydee15: Yes, I've always wanted to create my own detailed, fantasy worlds. After messing around with RMXP for a good two years ( and remaking the same fan-game over and over again ) I felt I was becoming a little too restricted to the said game's universe. So I wanted to try something different, and basically let my imagination run wild ( in a logical sense, of course smile.gif )

I was also wondering... Should I use my own art for the game, or stick to the Fire Emblem edits? Granted, it will be more work for me, but original artwork is always nice to have, and I'm not a half-bad artist. Here's an original character I created a few months ago for a sci-fi RP. She basically formed the idea for Laine.

Spoiler:

Lyla is my alternate name, but I ditched it because it reminds me of things I'd rather forget...

So, what do you think? Should I use my own art?

New Screenshots:

I promise Laine will make you smile within the first 5 minutes of the game. smile.gif

Spoiler:

Development map of the forest town of Rekez.

--------------------
Developer and author of:

Dev blog:

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

32 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 11:06 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.