iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!
9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Twice Upon A Hero
Lunarea
post Dec 4 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: True Neutral

My project has been moved to my blog! I hope you'll find me there. smile.gif
Developer Blog
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Lunarea
post Dec 4 2010, 06:05 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Wow, this got posted quickly!

So, here's chapter 1 of my current project. It's roughly an hour or so of gameplay and mostly there as a set-up for the story. As such, it's heavy on cutscenes, with only a couple of puzzles. I encourage exploration of the few areas you get to visit, though!

Chapter 2 is about 80% done, and I'm expecting a release in a couple of weeks. It features a lot more gameplay and interesting puzzles.

Enjoy!

+Quote Post

CrayDragon
post Dec 4 2010, 06:23 PM
Post #3

RMVX > Social life
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Evil

This is bound to be good.
/Me downloads

--------------------
I order you to click these.

>>deviantART!<<

+Quote Post

hallow eve
post Dec 4 2010, 07:40 PM
Post #4

QuartetEntertainer
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

The Screenshots, story and characters all inspire me
I shall be looking forward to the completed project

--------------------

+Quote Post

new
post Dec 4 2010, 09:22 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

very very very nice mapping

--------------------
download here
(Ask before using a bar from someone's sig -Touchfuzzy)

+Quote Post

Lunarea
post Dec 4 2010, 09:39 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Thank you kindly for the compliments! I hope the game continues to deliver a fun experience for you all.

I have updated the first post with a new download link, as a friend offered to host my project on his website. I know MediaFire is an iffy download spot for some, so the new hosting should make a difference.

EDIT (didn't want to double-post):
There were a couple passability errors that I seem to have missed. They have been fixed and a new version has been uploaded and updated in the first post.

+Quote Post

SamGreen
post Dec 5 2010, 11:46 AM
Post #7

Life Is Good.
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I have played some of it and apart from the few pass-ability troubles the game is AMAZING!!!
I'm just in Summervale at the moment (I know, not too far in the game) but yeah, I can't wait to get back to playing it XD

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ronove
post Dec 5 2010, 03:24 PM
Post #8

I do not bite!
Group Icon

Type: Writer

It's amazing! I really need to play the updated version sometime. I'm glad you got it up here so quick. People should definitely play it.

+Quote Post

Lunarea
post Dec 5 2010, 04:47 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

@SamGreen:
Thanks, Sam! Feel free to post any errors you come across. I don't always catch them all. dry.gif

@Ronove:
Thank you! I wanted to get here a little before chapter 2, so people get a chance to play it. :3

@Everyone:
The battle system is boring, I know. I haven't settled on a system yet (or scrapped battles altogether and replaced them with minigames and puzzles), so there's only a few battles there for story-telling purposes. You can win them all easily, especially if you use Alistair's Savior skill.
I'm also aware that the bridge puzzle needs to be polished (you can, for instance, send the bridge planks over land). Unfortunately, it's not a quick fix and it may need to wait until after chapter 2 is out. Do reset the puzzle with the sparkles if you encounter anything funky and let me know if you need help solving it.

+Quote Post

Dezz123
post Dec 5 2010, 04:52 PM
Post #10

Yes.
Group Icon

Holy crap, Lunarea. ohmy.gif
This looks seriously awesome. Downloading now. happy.gif

--------------------
This is a signature. :3

Oh, and yeah, I'm back! Why? 'Cause I can, I guess...

+Quote Post

Joerao
post Dec 5 2010, 04:54 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Neutral Evil

This is seriously awesome. The demo kept my interest until the end, and your mapping is excellent. Right now, many people seem hold the opinion that filling up every nook and cranny of every map with minuscule detail constitutes good mapping, but honestly, I prefer your style. Visually appealing but still functional.

Great job; I'd love to play more.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lunarea
post Dec 5 2010, 05:44 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

@Dez123:
Thank you! I hope you enjoy playing it as well.

@Joreao:
I'm very happy you liked it. I have a lot of fun creating resources for my maps and mapping, itself.
Chapter 2 has the lovely music you composed for me, too. So, I'm excited to show it off.

+Quote Post

ak47lol
post Dec 5 2010, 11:01 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Just finished the demo, I enjoyed it very much. The mapping was great and the music gave the game a nice feeling, it felt like I was playing a "Tales" game or something. The reputation system is intriguing. I also liked how populated every town was.
The characters were interesting, I would like to know more about Alistair's past and that Cordelia is very mysterious smile.gif

From the demo I didn't get much clue of the main story, but I geuss that will be fleshed out in subsequent chapters.
There was one bug I encountered, when speaking to one of the girls in the top floor of the church, a missing faceset error message came up.

Regarding the battle system, It was nice but i think it would be much better if you went for a side-view battle system.
Also it would have been nice to find some Mana restoring items around the palce as Alistair was out of mana in the 2nd plants section and I had to resort to only using normal attacks.

Overall the demo was very enjoyable and im looking forward to the next chapter, hopefully the Main Story will be more fleshed out in the second chapter as I am intrigued to see where this is going.

This post has been edited by ak47lol: Dec 5 2010, 11:09 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sasame Kiryu
post Dec 6 2010, 09:23 AM
Post #14

どのような
Group Icon

I like what I've played so far. The mapping is also quite beautiful.

There was a graphic missing in the Church in Summervale. When I spoke to the female in front of the candle, in the top left of the map on the first floor, this popped up:

Missing File: Graphics/Faces/face009c

Didn't bother me much, since I was able to continue playing ^-^

All in all, I'm liking what I'm seeing. I also like that the enemy attack animations animate over the text box in an approximate position of where the characters are lined up. The pacing in battle's pretty good too.
Spoiler:

Glad I took it upon my better senses to heed the signs and not kill the plants. Lol XD

I can't wait for the next chapter ^-^

+Quote Post

Lunarea
post Dec 7 2010, 05:34 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Thank you both for playing!

@ak47lol:
Kinda funny, but I didn't change anything in the battle system. That's the default VX battle system and I'm very surprised that only a few people who played my demo realized it. I guess it's not used often laugh.gif I will probably stick with front-view TBS, but I will also try to make it a little more snazzy - maybe add a graphic for the actors. It would involve a lot of redrawing of battlers to switch them to side-view and that would cut into the time I have to work on the rest of the game.

The story does, indeed, get richer and more complex as you go along. There are a lot of plot points I'm very excited and passionate about and I can't wait for everyone to see them in action. Phew, now I just have to make sure I finish up this second chapter as soon as I can ...

@Sasame Kiryu:
Thanks very much! I'm visually oriented, so I'm glad the visuals are coming across so well.

I'm using a missing file preventer script by Woratana, since it gets rid of "missing file, game is closing now!" deal. It's very useful, especially since I don't want you players to be unable to finish the demo because of my forgetfulness.

--
Also, I'm curious how many of you found the sewer side quest. It's only available during a certain time, so I have a feeling a lot of you missed it. I can try to make the quest more obvious if that's the case.

+Quote Post

Sasame Kiryu
post Dec 8 2010, 09:25 AM
Post #16

どのような
Group Icon

Well, I finished it. I must say, I can't wait for more smile.gif I didn't find that side quest though. I'm usually pretty good about examining everything that I possibly can in RPGs too. Which is how I happened upon a mapping error. I figured you might've fixed it by now, since it's fairly obvious though.

In the top left-most room of the Sparrowight Academy, where the Tough Guy is talking to his girlfriend, I was able to walk through the bookcase and all along the ceiling tiles. Don't think it was done on purpose, since I didn't find any secrets doing this >x>

In either case, I enjoyed it a lot, which is kind of rare for me, since there wasn't much in the way of battles. That could be because I didn't find that side quest though. Either way, I'm anticipating good things from this project smile.gif

+Quote Post

bioteam
post Dec 9 2010, 07:06 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Why does the topic have only a few posts? I see that you used aveyond and inquisitor tiles... can't wait for more!

--------------------

Supported:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Lunarea
post Dec 9 2010, 06:44 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

I've uploaded a new version that takes care of a couple bugs you guys mentioned, and also fixes some issues with the puzzle in the forest.

@ Sasame Kiryu:
I've added an arrow indicator for when the side quest is available in today's upload. It's not a very challenging quest, but it is one extra battle at the very least.
Also, thank you for the error reports. I've fixed them up. biggrin.gif

@ bioteam:
Yes, it's Amaranth tiles, and Inquisitor among others. There are some very talented people out there, and I really love using their tiles.
I haven't done any advertising for my project. In fact, it's been pretty secret up until now. So, I don't think very many people know about it. That will (hopefully) change as I add more content or once the project is complete.

+Quote Post

jaydee15
post Dec 23 2010, 01:04 AM
Post #19

Something coherent... Also Muscle Milk
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

@Lunarea:
- Storywise: 7.8/10
- Graphicwise: 7.5/10
- Grammarwise: 9.0/10
- Captivation: 8.5/10
- Overall: 8.2/10
I loved it; and because of the way it ended, I am wondering whether or not the two girls are plotting something. biggrin.gif I wanna see more!

--------------------
"Kinda bored, but still working on my project."
==========
I support:

==========
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

Lunarea
post Dec 25 2010, 02:29 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Thank you! I appreciate all feedback. smile.gif

I'm still working on chapter 2. It's taking a tad longer to release than I anticipated, though. Life has that pesky habit of getting in the way >_>.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 02:11 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.