iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
21 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Joerao's Music Shop, 50 Requests Done!
Rating 4 V
Joerao's Music Shop
Do you enjoy these pieces?
OMG THEY'RE UBER PWNAGE!!! [ 43 ] ** [36.75%]
Yes, I really like them! [ 50 ] ** [42.74%]
Yeah, they're pretty nice. [ 15 ] ** [12.82%]
They're all right. [ 3 ] ** [2.56%]
No, not really. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I hope you perish in an inferno. [ 6 ] ** [5.13%]
What kind of pieces do you want to see more of?
Peaceful, happy pieces [ 19 ] ** [15.70%]
Peaceful, melancholy pieces [ 27 ] ** [22.31%]
Ambient pieces [ 24 ] ** [19.83%]
Epic battle pieces [ 51 ] ** [42.15%]
Total Votes: 167

Joerao
post Feb 27 2010, 03:24 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Neutral Evil

OUTDATED- PLEASE VISIT http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=43111

(thanks to Celianna for that banner)

SHOP CLOSED

I've been a composer for a good five-six years, though I only started composing for video games perhaps a year ago. Even so, my style is quite different from most MIDI composers on here- I use non-MIDI, diverse instruments, live piano and clarinet in some places, and complex harmonies. So, I'll be posting the results of my work here biggrin.gif. Currently, I'm composing for Linus, an awesome project by Blueperiod (that won Demo of the Year), as well as Unsung Heroes: Redemption, a commercial project by Supergodjesus.

ReStaff Releases

The following link also includes a .rar of all my ReStaff releases to date. Feel free to use all of them in your game; just credit me. If there's a specific one you want, go the the Mediafire and download it.

ReStaff Releases
Included:
A Night in the Jungle
A Silent Shore
Eastern Caravan
Edelweiss Glade
Highland Village
Desert Chase
Long Road Home
On Sweltering Sand
Town Theme

Requesting Rules:

I will accept one to two requests at a time, NO MORE. So until I've completed my current request and the slots say nobody is requesting, do not post asking for a piece. The reason I do this is that I want to focus on Linus, and so do not want to be swarmed with requests like I was in my previous shop.

I ask that you have at least 30 posts to make a request.

I do not do rock, metal, funk, hip hop, or MIDI. I use acoustic instruments.
I also cannot do battle themes. Sorry.

I can refuse your request for any reason.

I'll take as long as I want to complete your request. If you keep asking, I will not do it. When completed, I can still post the request wherever I want- IT IS NOT YOURS EXCLUSIVELY.

Use this template when requesting:

Title of Piece:
Preferred Length:
Preferred Instrumentation (Optional):
Description of Piece (The more detailed, the better):
Video or Screenshot of scene you're going to use it in (Optional):
Other Information: (Optional)

If you do use the piece, credit me and comment here (so I know you've seen it).

If you like my music, please support me by copying this into your signature!

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=27426"][img]http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/Elaynii/Personal/Requests/Joerao.png[/img][/url]

Finished requests: 51 (as of 11/30)

Thanks to Elaynii for that new userbar.

Please enjoy and give some constructive criticism. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Joerao: Jul 10 2011, 09:15 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

manat31790
post Feb 27 2010, 07:35 AM
Post #2

RPGPlayer
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Neutral Good

Quite nice songs. I think they can useful in the in-game events, specially calm scenes.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Joerao
post Feb 27 2010, 10:10 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Thank you very much.

--------------------

+Quote Post

drdisastro
post Feb 27 2010, 03:55 PM
Post #4

I love it here
Group Icon

way to go, Joe! what programs do you use? I use Reason and Adobe Audition.

your strings almost sound as fake as the ones I use. you might want to experiment with reverb... that can help, and it would also help your strings mix better with your live piano which has tons of reverb. right now the piano is mixed and treated so much different than all the other instruments, and it makes your non-piano sounds sound a little fake. The right reverb and mixing might help to smooth the artificial nature of your strings. if you find the right reverb that matches your piano everything will sound a lot more together.

I would really like to hear your faster songs like battle music and boss music, etc.

otherwise, good job!

DrD

+Quote Post

Joerao
post Feb 27 2010, 04:05 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Hmm...I actually really like my strings...I much prefer them to my brass and woodwind, although my percussion samples are pretty nice too, I think. huh.gif Are you talking about solo strings, or full strings? Because I concur that the full strings are not quite as good, but then, it's much easier to sample a single instrument then a whole bunch of them.

And I have layered reverb on those strings the same way I do my piano, but it's much more difficult to hear the subtleties of reverbed horns or strings than piano or percussion.

I use GarageBand (lol, call me a noob tongue.gif) and Steinburg Sequel 2. Can't really afford the high-end products like Cubase or Reason. sad.gif

Also, your music isn't that bad, either, Dr. D. Your simple melodies are probably a lot better for games than my really complex stuff- that's not a knock against you, though.

--------------------

+Quote Post

drdisastro
post Feb 27 2010, 04:32 PM
Post #6

I love it here
Group Icon

QUOTE (joerao1 @ Feb 27 2010, 05:05 PM) *
Hmm...I actually really like my strings...I much prefer them to my brass and woodwind, although my percussion samples are pretty nice too, I think. huh.gif Are you talking about solo strings, or full strings? Because I concur that the full strings are not quite as good, but then, it's much easier to sample a single instrument then a whole bunch of them.

And I have layered reverb on those strings the same way I do my piano, but it's much more difficult to hear the subtleties of reverbed horns or strings than piano or percussion.

I use GarageBand (lol, call me a noob tongue.gif) and Steinburg Sequel 2. Can't really afford the high-end products like Cubase or Reason. sad.gif

Also, your music isn't that bad, either, Dr. D. Your simple melodies are probably a lot better for games than my really complex stuff- that's not a knock against you, though.

nothing wrong with garage band. it's been a boon to amateur musicians. home recording is a lot cheaper than going into a studio.

yeah I like my melodies simple. in my real life I produce pop music for some people in NYC, and pop is pretty much my forte. I don't really have any training in music... I taught myself everything, though I am thinking about going back to school to study music. my ability to play music isn't quite as good as my ability to make up music in my head, so it's pretty frustrating sometimes. I pretty much listen to opera and classical music exclusively these days... i want to make pop music that has that kind of complexity and formlessness. doing music here though has allowed me to make more classical and orchestral type music which I really enjoy doing, and I have the added bonus of people taking it and using it for their games instead of it just lingering on my hard drive.

it's near impossible to get synth strings to have the type of layered tones that real strings do. A good thing about Reason is you can use sampled instruments instead of just synth instruments, so that helps. not completely though. also, Reason has great woodwinds materials. I use the flute and oboe all the time and it sounds fine.

+Quote Post

Joerao
post Feb 27 2010, 04:41 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Yeah, GarageBand is pretty darn awesome if you can't get anything else. But by using a VST sampler, you can use sampled instruments in GarageBand, which also helps. I don't use GarageBand's default instruments, though- for solos I like Synful Orchestra. It isn't free, but it isn't crazily expensive like Komplete or EWQL.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Joerao
post Feb 27 2010, 05:55 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Updated with another video. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Joerao
post Feb 28 2010, 04:07 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Updated again with another piece.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Joerao
post Feb 28 2010, 03:53 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Now taking requests! smile.gif Please read rules located in the first post.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Joerao
post Feb 28 2010, 10:04 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

EDIT: Oops, sorry. Double post.

This post has been edited by joerao1: Feb 28 2010, 10:05 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

catcat
post Feb 28 2010, 10:27 PM
Post #12

a human cat hybrid
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

so your making songs 'eh?
I'd like to request one, if thats what floats your boat...and it must because you said now taking requests...lol
And I only request from the people with the sexiest sounding music lol, which is you(if you accept) and drdisastro biggrin.gif

Any of you other posters I claim the first request just so you know wink.gif
Here is my request:
Spoiler:

I would appreciate it if you would create a piece that would be the song between my two main characters Damon (or whatever name is selected) and Alan, definitely not a love, but a kind of song that reflects and represents their friendship throughout the years (this song will be used when the characters are together in flash backs and eventually fight and try to kill the other one.

This song should be overall a sad kind of song, or easier put a bitter sweet kind of song similar to the tone of the Linus main theme, or this reference song I shall now give you, Icing on the Cake. It would be nice if piano was used because piano is a simple, yet powerful instrument in many pieces, including yours wink.gif.

Some specifics are that many of the orchestra instruments should be used, (lol, kind of a lame specific, but still...). I believe that the piece should have the feel of a sweet but haunting memory of someone, like when you or I remember a memory that use to be that cause sadness and pain, but its still a good memory in a sense.

Other then those specifics I shall let you dabble in any way in which you feel the song should be orchestrated, remember I very much appreciate this composing gift pf your that shall bring light to a piece to be used in my game.

Whoooo, that was a lot of intelligent writing done there, more then I usually do! Mostly I choose to do a little inferior writing techniques in my basic speech! biggrin.gif

Thanks for taking this request if you end up taking it wink.gif

This post has been edited by catcat: Feb 28 2010, 11:21 PM

--------------------
I proudly support:

+Quote Post

Joerao
post Feb 28 2010, 11:56 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

All right. I'll get to work on your request.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Joerao
post Mar 1 2010, 02:06 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Done. Tell me if you like it, if you want me to completely edit it, or if there are a few small adjustments.

This post has been edited by joerao1: Mar 1 2010, 02:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

catcat
post Mar 1 2010, 02:14 PM
Post #15

a human cat hybrid
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

wink.gif Sounds awesome! Normally I would say this sounds sexy, but I'm tired of saying that...lol

Anyways awesome stuffs, I will most definitely use this biggrin.gif I'm glad you got what I was saying because this song reminds me of exactly what I requested biggrin.gif
I like it biggrin.gif Thanks 10 billion times for this piece joerao! wink.gif

I guess you could completely edit it I don't quite understand what that means, but its just I mean the clarity is just a little fuzzy is all...

Overall excellent piece though! Quite amazing if I do say so myself!

This post has been edited by catcat: Mar 1 2010, 02:18 PM

--------------------
I proudly support:

+Quote Post

Joerao
post Mar 1 2010, 02:33 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

No problem- glad you liked it. I meant completely edit it if you didn't like the piece at all and wanted something completely different, but I guess there's no need for that since you like it. biggrin.gif

Anyways, slot is once again open!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Joerao
post Mar 1 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Actually, I just listened to it, and it sounds terrible!!! I think there was a problem in exporting. I'll upload it again here. (I didn't catch this because I listened to the file within my sequencer, not the actual mp3. )

TELL me when it sounds so bad! laugh.gif

EDIT: Here you go. Hope this sounds better.

This post has been edited by joerao1: Mar 3 2010, 02:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Pseudo_Sam
post Mar 1 2010, 07:22 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Type: Writer

Awesome stuff.

If I could, I'd like to request a song. I'm looking for a light, cheerful field piece. It shouldn't be too loud or overbearing (easy on the strings), but it should be tolerable for extended periods of time, because it will be playing in the biggest map I currently have.

As far as instrumentation, you are the musician - anything you feel works, do it. That being said, I'm imagining a light and playful melody, lots of woodwind, with a catchy beat. Again, it doesn't have to be too long, but it needs to be diverse/interesting enough to listen to for a while. This is a comical adventure game, so I'm not looking for a sweeping epic. The name of the map is Park Field, if that helps - it's very green and organic, with interesting flora and rock formations.

Thanks for considering!

--------------------
Only wishes he were a gangsta

+Quote Post

Joerao
post Mar 2 2010, 12:26 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Sounds fun! I'll get to work on it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Joerao
post Mar 2 2010, 02:07 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Pseudo Sam,

Here is a very rough version of your piece. I know it needs a lot of work, but please tell me what you want changed. It loops, as well.

If you absolutely hate it, tell me and I'll do something completely different.

Everyone else: Please do not request just yet until I hear back from Pseudo Sam.

This post has been edited by joerao1: Mar 3 2010, 02:18 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

21 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 03:19 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.