iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NoFightFriendMenu 2.0, MenuSystem/Journal/Friendship
IXFURU
post Dec 16 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #1

just a nut trying to keep away the squirrels
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Lawful Evil

NO FIGHT FRIEND MENU 2.1a
By: Ixfuru

INTRODUCTION
Ever wanted to make a game without all the fighting? Tired of seeing all those parameters for attacking and such? Well, this may be the script for you. But don't let that fool you. This script also adds a friendship system and a makeshift journal to your project. This script has many features and offers an abundance of customization options so that you can set it up exactly how you see fit.

FEATURES
-ability to remove ALL or none of the default menu options.
-ability to keep BOTH menus, if you want them.
-complete friends system with friendship ratings
-biography page on the lead actor
-journal-esque scene, where friends tell you exactly what they're looking for
-choice of colors, SE and windowskins
-choice of displaying friends faces OR portraits
-script calls allowing you to change journal scene information
-script calls to change and check for specific friends
-and lots more!

DIRECTIONS
Install the script by taking it from PASTEBIN below. (Sorry, no demo yet. But I'm working on it!)
Copy and paste the script in your project's Script Editor, below Materials and above Main.
You will require the minimum of Modern Algebra's Paragraph Formatter script found here:
MAs PARAGRAPH FORMATTER
If you choose to use the windowskin I included in the demo, you can find it here:
Spoiler:

and more of her work here:
LIBERTY's WINDOWSKIN

If you want the portraits that came with this script, they're here:
Spoiler:

I would advise going here for all your portrait, RTP requirements:

GALLERY

This script can be intimidating to the newb. So, I added over two-hundred lines of comments to accompany the customization options. The first thing you'll want is to know how you can change the menu options. For this, scroll down to section 5, and change the options you don't want to false. Then, you'll probably want to fix the size of your window. Though, I placed now customization options for this, it's easy to do. Just scroll down to line 750, or nearbouts! I placed a BIG group of "#" signs there to show you exactly what you need to change. I also left some instructions. It's one number, that's it.

Everything else in the script will just require you to work with it. I'll post the demo soon and I'm sure that will help more.

SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler:

This image shows the menu with ALL the default menu options and some color variations.
Note the windowskin.

Here's the script in action with only a few options in the menu.

And lastly, the menu with ALL default options removed.

Now here's a shot in the Bio page. I'll be expanding this soon.

Here's one of the friend scene. You can omit the portraits if you want and just use faces. But the portrais
are way cooler, if you ask me. You will also see the meter, which has customizable colors. I also want
to note the little window at the bottom called the StorylineCommands window. This window grants
access to the last part of the script. The Storyline page. This can be removed in the customization
options if you don't want to use it. But the system adds a functional journal system to your game.

This is a picture from the journal scene. I may expand this later, but for now, it serves the purpose of
letting you do as you wish. This doesn't just offer insight into who the friend is, but accomplishes a way
of altering what they may be searching for or requesting throughout the game.

CREDITS
First off, I would have never wrote this script had it not been for Tigergirl 7707. Once I started it, I just sort of
went crazy with it. But anyway, she has to have some credit for this.
ModernAlgebra deserves a lot of credit because the system's pages wouldn't be fully-functional without his
Paragraph Formatter script.
Also, Liberty. Because I used the said artist's windowskin herein.
And Enterbrain, for their portraits and just all around awesome program.

PERMISSIONS
I grant whoever wants this for their non-commercial use project to have it free of charge, under two conditions:
1) You will credit me (IXFURU) and anyone else, who has work appearing in your project in accordance to this script.
2) That you do not distribute this or otherwise use it for personal gain. (12/16/12)

If you want to use it for Commercial work. You'll just need to PM me or contact me somehow on this forum so that we can discuss it.

THE SCRIPT

Sorry. No Demo just yet. I'm working on it.

For now, here's a link to the script:

Nffm 2.1a

VERSION UPDATES
Spoiler:
2.0 now features the ability to change font sizes and window sizes.

OTHER STUFF
Just enjoy the script and let me see what kind of things you're doing with it. If you require help, I'll be sure to offer as much as I can. Just post the error/problem
here in this thread, or PM me with the problem. I'll do what I can. Comments and Feedback are ALWAYS welcome. Thanks. And again. Enjoy.

--------------------

To Support:

Spoiler:
CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=57406"][img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/Dwiguitar/TheFinishLineUserBar_zps63f6f475.png[/img][/url]

I support:

Spoiler:

I actually won something...Can you believe that?!

Spoiler:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Krystal
post May 31 2013, 10:38 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

IGNORE THIS POST. I WAS BEING AN IDIOT/BITCH

This post has been edited by Krystal: Jun 1 2013, 12:35 AM

+Quote Post

Johnny0798
post May 31 2013, 10:49 PM
Post #3

If you're reading THIS, you're not reading THIS.
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

Look at line 112:

CODE
  ##############################################################################
  #                             SECTION 2

NFFM_SWITCH = 1 #This is the switch you want to grant access to the new menu
                  # When it is ON, you will taken to the new menu, when OFF,
                  # it will go to the old menu.  So to avoid going to the old
                  # menu completely, just turn the switch you place here ON and
                  # leave it ON.

There's no need to be so harsh to him.

--------------------
My Works:

I have to make another support bar for my VX project, but while there isn't one, come here.
My script, Improved Window_Status. I should make a bar for it too!

- Join Deb, Mace, Akod, Johnny and Sketcy in the quest to uncover the secrets of the Yggdrasil Labyrinth!

I support:

- I ORDER you to play this!

Open the spoiler if you're new to the forum:
Spoiler:
Before everything, read the Forum's Rules.

Make an introduction of yourself here! Don't be shy! We don't bite! At least, I don't!

If you have problems with Switches, Variables or anything else related to events, take a look at Aindra's RPG Maker VX School, the best tutorial ever! Download the Practice Events to test your eventing skills!

Post projects made in RPG Maker VX here! Read the Rules and Guidelines before posting! Projects on any other program come here. Be sure to play other people's games too.

Check out our resources here! Request resources here. Make sure you read this and this before requesting!

Have any troubles using VX? Ask for help here! Read this, this and this before asking for help.

Get scripts for your game here! Don't say "Your script gives me an error saying "superclass mismatch"! What do I do?". If this happens, you're using VX Ace, and there's no other way around this than requesting it to be converted to RGSS3 here.

Request scripts for VX, and ONLY VX, here! If you have trouble using a script, ask for help here.

If you're working too much on your projects, take a rest here and here!

Do you use RPG Maker VX Ace Lite? Come to the brand-new Ace Lite section found here! I just don't know why is there a scripting section inside it, as Ace Lite has no scripting support, from what I've heard.

Well, I think that's all. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask, like I am!

+Quote Post

Krystal
post May 31 2013, 11:02 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (Johnny0798 @ May 31 2013, 10:49 PM) *
Look at line 112:

CODE
  #                             SECTION 2

NFFM_SWITCH = 1 #This is the switch you want to grant access to the new menu
                  # When it is ON, you will taken to the new menu, when OFF,
                  # it will go to the old menu.  So to avoid going to the old
                  # menu completely, just turn the switch you place here ON and
                  # leave it ON.

There's no need to be so harsh to him.

Call me an idiot if you must, but when i changed the 1 to the word ON I got a syntax errror and changing the value up or down didn't work either

+Quote Post

Aletheos Eberlai...
post May 31 2013, 11:22 PM
Post #5

Perpetually lost in the space between art and code...
Group Icon

The number is the ID of the switch that turns functionality ON or OFF.
So, to activate the new menus, you need to turn on the switch that has the ID number used in the script (In this case, switch number 1)

This post has been edited by Aletheos Eberlain: May 31 2013, 11:24 PM

--------------------
Own Hearth is Gold Worth

http://strawpoll.me/1892616 (This is completely unrelated to postmodsoftworks' game with the same name.)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Krystal
post Jun 1 2013, 12:34 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (Aletheos Eberlain @ May 31 2013, 11:22 PM) *
The number is the ID of the switch that turns functionality ON or OFF.
So, to activate the new menus, you need to turn on the switch that has the ID number used in the script (In this case, switch number 1)

OMG I'M SUCH AN IDIOT! I thought the script asked me to change something INSIDE IT and yet it was as simple as AN EVENT SWITCH!

Serves me right since I'm doing this dead tired!

+Quote Post

Krystal
post Jun 4 2013, 03:54 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

How would I go about creating an event that checks the friend's current friendship rating and if it meets x(where x=the number needed) It gives a spell or state to the character?

+Quote Post

IXFURU
post Jun 9 2013, 03:35 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Krystal,

Sorry I've been away. Not sure if you fixed the rest of your problems. But to check and see if the friend's rating is high enough, you should just make a conditional branch and use 'Script' on the third page of the event commands as the condition.

In the box provided, use:

CODE
$game_friends[id].rating >= x

You just have to replace 'id' with the id of the friend you're checking. Then, replace 'x' with the value you want to check against.

For example:

CODE
$game_friends[6].rating >= 34

This would check to see if Friend number 6 from the hash of friends you created has a rating of 34 or above.

Hope that helps. Sorry I haven't been around lately.

EDIT::: Oh yeah. And here is a link to an updated version of the script, which is on pastebin:

NFFM2

If you go to SECTION 3 of the configuration section, you will find a part that says "******NFFFM2********" This part has some new features pertaining to the way things are displayed. This will give you the power to set up the windows and items therein to better suit your needs. There a few more features as well. So just be sure to re-read the entire section. I had another person who didn't like the way the text was displayed so I gave them the ability to adjust fontsize and window size.

--------------------

To Support:

Spoiler:
CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=57406"][img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/Dwiguitar/TheFinishLineUserBar_zps63f6f475.png[/img][/url]

I support:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Krystal
post Feb 23 2014, 02:06 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

I found a game breaking bug your script causes.

When you save your game and load it it will give me this error:

I hope you'll fix this asap.

+Quote Post

IXFURU
post Feb 23 2014, 06:51 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Hey Krystal.

Thanks for this. Back in the day, I was trying alias everything. And in the case of Scene_File, you must have things in perfect order, or it will throw this kind of error. Anyway, fair warning here, if you're using any other script which alters the read/write methods of Scene_File, this may mess them up. When you have multiple cases like that, you have to place all the reading and writing of custom global values into a single method. You can alias the write method easily, but when it reads it back, everything must fall in the same line.

Here's the fix, you can do it yourself, by going into the script and searching for 'def read_save_data' method. Then, you can erase the method and replace it with this:

Spoiler:
CODE
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Read Save Data (OVERWRITTEN
  #     file : file object for reading (opened)
  def read_save_data(file)
    characters           = Marshal.load(file)
    Graphics.frame_count = Marshal.load(file)
    @last_bgm            = Marshal.load(file)
    @last_bgs            = Marshal.load(file)
    $game_system         = Marshal.load(file)
    $game_message        = Marshal.load(file)
    $game_switches       = Marshal.load(file)
    $game_variables      = Marshal.load(file)
    $game_self_switches  = Marshal.load(file)
    $game_actors         = Marshal.load(file)
    $game_party          = Marshal.load(file)
    $game_troop          = Marshal.load(file)
    $game_map            = Marshal.load(file)
    $game_player         = Marshal.load(file)
      $game_friends = Marshal.load(file)
    if $game_system.version_id != $data_system.version_id
      $game_map.setup($game_map.map_id)
      $game_player.center($game_player.x, $game_player.y)
    end
  end

This overwrites the method and it should work, IF you don't have any other script saving custom globals in the same manner. If it still throws an error, let me know. And if you can't figure it out or are skittish about it, paste the script here and I'll fix it for you. I noticed the link to the updated version is gone now for some reason, so I don't know what version you are using.

Thanks for using it, sorry for the problem with it.

--------------------

To Support:

Spoiler:
CODE

I support:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Krystal
post Feb 24 2014, 08:09 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (IXFURU @ Feb 23 2014, 06:51 PM) *
Hey Krystal.

Thanks for this. Back in the day, I was trying alias everything. And in the case of Scene_File, you must have things in perfect order, or it will throw this kind of error. Anyway, fair warning here, if you're using any other script which alters the read/write methods of Scene_File, this may mess them up. When you have multiple cases like that, you have to place all the reading and writing of custom global values into a single method. You can alias the write method easily, but when it reads it back, everything must fall in the same line.

Here's the fix, you can do it yourself, by going into the script and searching for 'def read_save_data' method. Then, you can erase the method and replace it with this:

Spoiler:
CODE
  # * Read Save Data (OVERWRITTEN
  #     file : file object for reading (opened)
  def read_save_data(file)
    characters           = Marshal.load(file)
    Graphics.frame_count = Marshal.load(file)
    @last_bgm            = Marshal.load(file)
    @last_bgs            = Marshal.load(file)
    $game_system         = Marshal.load(file)
    $game_message        = Marshal.load(file)
    $game_switches       = Marshal.load(file)
    $game_variables      = Marshal.load(file)
    $game_self_switches  = Marshal.load(file)
    $game_actors         = Marshal.load(file)
    $game_party          = Marshal.load(file)
    $game_troop          = Marshal.load(file)
    $game_map            = Marshal.load(file)
    $game_player         = Marshal.load(file)
      $game_friends = Marshal.load(file)
    if $game_system.version_id != $data_system.version_id
      $game_map.setup($game_map.map_id)
      $game_player.center($game_player.x, $game_player.y)
    end
  end

This overwrites the method and it should work, IF you don't have any other script saving custom globals in the same manner. If it still throws an error, let me know. And if you can't figure it out or are skittish about it, paste the script here and I'll fix it for you. I noticed the link to the updated version is gone now for some reason, so I don't know what version you are using.

Thanks for using it, sorry for the problem with it.

Same error as above...that didn't fix it and I applied it just as you said to.

also here's a link to your script in case you need it: Pastebin

This post has been edited by Krystal: Feb 24 2014, 08:15 PM

+Quote Post

IXFURU
post Feb 25 2014, 02:22 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

After studying that, I am even more convinced that my script alone is not causing the issue. What other scripts are you using? If you place the script in a new project by itself, does it get the same error? I would definitely change the read metho the way I said, but after you do that try it in an empty project and see if it works? Ill look at it further after work in the morning.

--------------------

To Support:

Spoiler:
CODE

I support:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Krystal
post Feb 25 2014, 03:24 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (IXFURU @ Feb 25 2014, 02:22 AM) *
After studying that, I am even more convinced that my script alone is not causing the issue. What other scripts are you using? If you place the script in a new project by itself, does it get the same error? I would definitely change the read metho the way I said, but after you do that try it in an empty project and see if it works? Ill look at it further after work in the morning.

Spoiler:
CODE
[VX]

�—� Smooth Scrolling �—� �–�
# * Nice scrolling effect like an action game~! *
# * Ported from XP Version (by Toby Zerner) *

Paragraph Formatter (VX)
# Version: 2.0
# Author: modern algebra (rmrk.net)

NoFightFriendMenu 2.0
# By: Ixfuru
# December 16, 2012

Advanced Text System
# Version: 3.0c
# Author: modern algebra (rmrk.net)
# Date: September 7, 2010

Battle Parallax Background
# Version: 1.0
# Author: DiamondandPlatinum3
# Date: September 6, 2012

�–� Sideview Battle System General Settings [3.4e]

�–� Sideview Battle System Battler Configuration [3.4e]

�–� Sprite_Battler for Sideview Ver3.4e

�–� Scene_Battle for Sideview Ver3.4e

�–� Active Time Battle Configurations [1.2c]
# Only for RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System

�–� Scene_Battle for ATB Ver1.2c

+ Sideview Battle System Old Version Compatibility Script
# v1.0

+ More Action Sequence Commands for RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System
# v1.0

+ Animation Overlay Patch for RPG Tankentai SBS

+ Bow Attack Action Sequence for RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System
# v2.0

+ Critical Effects Add-on for RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System
# v1.1

+ Premade Action Sequences for Tankentai Sideview Battle System

Party Expansion & Formation - KGC_LargeParty

[VX] �—� Neo Save System VI �—�

SwapXT

Player Touch Events that can be activated by Airships RGSS2 DAIpage� v0.02

Fixed Pictures
#==============================================================================
# Author : OriginalWij
# Version : 1.1

High resolution addon thnx mechacrash and Kyloc

Simple Enemy and Random Target AI boost
# v 1.1
# by Mithran at RMVX.net

A complete list of scripts I'm using atm.

As a side note i noticed that once I removed this script, my game saved and loaded normally with no errors.

I really want to use this script as it was a planned core mechanic in my game i'm working on but if we can't figure out what script is causing the conflicting or something in the script itself then this is gonna suck. :/

+Quote Post

MASH_MX
post Feb 25 2014, 03:24 AM
Post #14

"Everyone Is Unique In There Own Defined Way."
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

wow, I can see this being very useful in my future projects that I have on hold for now.
*bookmarked this* happy.gif good work.

--------------------
My Projects:
My User bar for the thread is broken click this instead. >.> (Project XeroMX)

My new incoming Community Terraria Server! =)
Other:

Other People and things I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

IXFURU
post Feb 25 2014, 04:29 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Thanks Mash! wink.gif

@Krystal:

Hey, I went ahead and redid the read file on the copy you gave me, here it is with the change implemented correctly:

Spoiler:

I can't really test it without changing a bunch of graphics you have installed for the bio image and friend portraits and such. But try it like this and see what happens. And if it doesn't work in your current project, make a clean project and include your graphics. Then, test it there. I just want to be sure it's not my script causing the error. If it works in a clean project, then we know that it has something to do with another script you're using so do the following:

Spoiler:
Right-click in the scripts LIST of your project and search 'def read_save_data' (Not the script itself, the LIST of scripts) And if my method is the only one calling it, you should get 2 results, the default one in Scene_File script and mine. If you get more than that, then that's probably the culprit script. Take a screenshot of the results and post them. I'll help further when we have narrowed it down this way.

--------------------

To Support:

Spoiler:
CODE

I support:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Krystal
post Feb 25 2014, 10:35 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (IXFURU @ Feb 25 2014, 04:29 PM) *
Thanks Mash! wink.gif

@Krystal:

Hey, I went ahead and redid the read file on the copy you gave me, here it is with the change implemented correctly:

Pastebin

I can't really test it without changing a bunch of graphics you have installed for the bio image and friend portraits and such. But try it like this and see what happens. And if it doesn't work in your current project, make a clean project and include your graphics. Then, test it there. I just want to be sure it's not my script causing the error. If it works in a clean project, then we know that it has something to do with another script you're using so do the following:

Spoiler:
Right-click in the scripts LIST of your project and search 'def read_save_data' (Not the script itself, the LIST of scripts) And if my method is the only one calling it, you should get 2 results, the default one in Scene_File script and mine. If you get more than that, then that's probably the culprit script. Take a screenshot of the results and post them. I'll help further when we have narrowed it down this way.

Well the good news is you fixed the loading saves crash!

The bad news is this:

This error occurs after I load a saved game, turn on the friendship system via switch, and attempt to view my current friendships(Relationships).

It also occurs even if I leave the system on and save my game then load it and attempt to view the friendship menu.

Upon farther testing the error even occurs if I don't add a character to my friendship system prior to my save.

Let me explain step by step:

I walk up to the switch, turn the system on via switch, save my game, load it, talk to the NPC who gives the friendship to my character, and then attempt to view it and I get the same error as if I had done both the above scenarios.

This post has been edited by Krystal: Feb 25 2014, 10:40 PM

+Quote Post

IXFURU
post Feb 26 2014, 02:28 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Hey Krystal.

Can you PM me a link to the project? The above error doesn't mention a line number. This could be a problem with the way it's being called. Further, if you are using the ATS 3.0 or higher, I'm pretty sure you don't have to also have the Paragraph formatter, as it's included in the 3.0 version. If you PM the project to me, I'll take a look in the morning when I get home. I just want to make sure all the calls your making are correct.

--------------------

To Support:

Spoiler:
CODE

I support:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Krystal
post Feb 26 2014, 10:37 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE (IXFURU @ Feb 26 2014, 02:28 AM) *
Hey Krystal.

Can you PM me a link to the project? The above error doesn't mention a line number. This could be a problem with the way it's being called. Further, if you are using the ATS 3.0 or higher, I'm pretty sure you don't have to also have the Paragraph formatter, as it's included in the 3.0 version. If you PM the project to me, I'll take a look in the morning when I get home. I just want to make sure all the calls your making are correct.

I'll need upload it rq....

*uploads*

+Quote Post

IXFURU
post Feb 26 2014, 03:28 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Okay.

As expected, the ATS has a call to the Scene_File 'read_save_data' method. I tested it first to see exactly what was happening, and sure enough the error you provided appears. I then studied the ATS and found the method. I came to the conclusion that since the ATS was aliasing the method that perhaps I should move my NFFM 2.0 above it and test it. Sure enough, that did it. It now saves and loads as requested, without error. So, for you, you'll just need to copy the script from its current location and paste it above the ATS. ( When testing, I placed it just below the Paragraph Formatter script. )

That should solve the issue for you...er...I hope so smile.gif

I'll PM about the other problem.

--------------------

To Support:

Spoiler:
CODE

I support:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Andrian FK
post May 28 2014, 05:26 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

hey IXFURU, nice script!
btw, i got this bug unsure.gif :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fj7fdzx8kooidmk/bug%21%21.png?m=

i'm using:

Spoiler:
Modern Algreba ATS 3.0c
Shanghai Pick Item
IXFURU Loot Container
Anaryu AS Antilag
No Fight Friend Menu 2.1a
Woratana Auto Back-up
Jet Time System
BulletXT Thomas Edison VX
BigEd781 Memorize Event Position
Pacman Advanced Creative Main Menu (aka PAC Main Menu)
???nOBodY??? Generic Choice Window
Lukas Cooking System
MacMalone Credit Scene

thats all.. unsure.gif

ignore, i'm not inserted the Paragraph Formatter aniway banghead.gif

This post has been edited by Andrian FK: May 28 2014, 05:29 PM

--------------------
i support:

[font="Arial"][/font][size="2"][/size]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 08:25 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.