iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Goblin Sprite Feedback
Kinger556
post Jul 29 2014, 07:48 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer

Its my first time getting into spriting, but I really wanted to make a good 'Goblin' like character for something I'm gonna work on. This is what I'v got so far:

I used a template I found to make it. I wanted it to wear human clothing but try to still feel like a wild goblin. I gave him the shoulder guard so his chest wasn't just plain and it also added some kind of battle look to him. Most of my trouble is with the shorts. I wanted them to be folded on the bottom so I tried doing that. I'm also having a little trouble with shading. Plus I don't know what to do with his hat... hood... thing.... I was aiming for a hood, but then I added a shoulder guard and strap so I can't really add clothes to attach to the hood lol

So if you guys can just tell me what needs to be fixed so far, or even how to do something that'd be great. I'll probably update the image as I go along.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

MASH_MX
post Jul 29 2014, 09:31 AM
Post #2

"Everyone Is Unique In There Own Defined Way."
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

It's a very good start, I'm no spriter myself. But you could franken sprite the parts or things u need to make the outfit etc, on layers with a png(transparency) then lay them over and edit them that way. provided you have a program that supports layers etc like PS or ... gimp...... I did my first franken sprite with MSpaint lol so.... ya mine kinda was basic. But PS now is a life saver, also there are many good tutorials to guide you through spriting from scratch or from franken/templates etc.
Just search them here on the forums. Maybe I'll come back and have searched for you. Anyways Good luck with the progress.

--------------------
I stream allot through the week and weekends, catch me live here: Ez0Mash's Channel
My Projects:
My User bar for the thread is broken click this instead. >.> (Project XeroMX)
Other:

Other People and things I support:
Spoiler:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 01:23 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.