iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pectus Excavatum, My Chest Deformity
Honoris
post Sep 27 2011, 09:26 PM
Post #1

The person you can talk to.
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Good

Hello and thanks for reading!

I just wanted to ask the community there general opinion and help here but I have a deformity know as Pectus Excavatum nicknamed Sunken Chest where my chest goes into my rib cage as well as my ribs stick out of my sides (Sounds painful but I've had it for my whole life and it hasn't harmed me once) The only thing is it looks seriously freaky to people who have not seen it and so I get a lot of people asking it about me and a lot of people making insults about it such as asking if a missile got shot at me and landed in my chest. Another problem with it is that I have a extremely fast metabolism (Aka I can't put on fat even after taking loads of protein shakes so I can't gain or loss any weight thus making me extremely skinny and making my Pectus Excavatum look 10x worse as well as making it look so much more painful)

I am not ashamed of it but rather quite proud to be a lucky person to get it without it affecting my life physically but it has effected my self of steam and confidence a lot.

For people who like figures I had 1 in 150-1000 chance of getting it. (I also have a minor case of webbed feet so it makes the chances even higher)

Click Spoiler to see a case of Pectus Excavatum
Spoiler:

(Soon ill try to get my camera and take some pictures of my own chest)

All posts are welcome if that be any help for me to deal with it or you may say your general opinion on the deformity what ever it may be.

This post has been edited by Honoris: Sep 27 2011, 09:29 PM

--------------------
--- My Stuffs! ---
Spoiler:
Things I have made! (Or making!)
Spoiler:
Empty... =P

Things I support
Spoiler:

Random Tests I have done.
Spoiler:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Mr.M
post Sep 27 2011, 09:37 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: True Neutral

It looks like someone punched you really hard... tongue.gif

But seriously, it looks like its right around the heart. Can you see it beating??? I know I can see mine when I suck in.

(BTW, I thought this thread was going to be about HarryPotter)

This post has been edited by Mr.M: Sep 27 2011, 09:38 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Honoris
post Sep 27 2011, 09:46 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

laugh.gif I was just thinking the name sounded like some spell but yes I can see my heart beat without having to suck in my chest. And even I wouldn't be surprised if it was the aftermath of a falcon punch ^_- But I was just born with it.

--------------------
--- My Stuffs! ---
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Empty... =P

Things I support
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Applesauce
post Sep 28 2011, 01:23 AM
Post #4

I pee on underage girls at concerts.
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I know a guy with this. He hasn't ever talked about it but after we went swimming one time I noticed it and looked it up. It's no big deal and usually not life-threatening. As for the self-esteem, I believe the saying is "fuck the haters". If you really find yourself needing reassurance, I believe there's support groups and shit out there.

--------------------
Now you can show your love and support for your favorite dickish infrequent poster/lovable IRC jackass!

IT'S NOT MY FAULT, BLAME MY RAPED PAST. :C

+Quote Post

Chaike
post Sep 28 2011, 01:41 AM
Post #5

Because reasons.
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

On the upside, you could make a really kick-ass halloween costume biggrin.gif

But seriously, I wouldn't worry about the haters. They just wish that they had something unique about them

--------------------

My games
Spoiler:
progress/finished:
Broken Chapters - 30% done!
BC project thread
Klucygin - 100% done! 95% debugging done!
Now named mystery game (phobia) - paused until BC is done

I Support:
Spoiler:

Romance is awesome, admit it

Award:
Spoiler:

I do art. You should look at it: http://chaikeon.deviantart.com/

LOL I would not doubt that. :D We have had dealings with them Nazi in the past

+Quote Post

Getdizzy
post Sep 28 2011, 02:33 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

QUOTE (Honoris @ Sep 27 2011, 05:26 PM) *
... asking if a missile got shot at me and landed in my chest.

"You should see the other guy."

+Quote Post

Honoris
post Sep 28 2011, 02:20 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

I have always wondered about this and I was wondering if it was mainly cosmetic but I am still young so I didn't know if it could effect me in the future due to growth.

I have just been to the doctors about it and they said the same thing (About it being mostly a cosmetic fault) and because of my health and fitness I should be fine and if I do get heavy chest pains in the future go to them.

--------------------
--- My Stuffs! ---
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Empty... =P

Things I support
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

fmjpr
post Sep 28 2011, 02:36 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

An old friend of mine had this, too. I never thought of it as a big deal. If it does not cause you health problems, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

--------------------
Trailer for It Came From Yesterday: Click Me

This was made by a dear friend of mine. Any support is appreciated! Also, Like the Facebook page while you're at it: It Came From Yesterday

New and improved official site: ICFY

Swagbucks referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jbart321

+Quote Post

Exactly
post Oct 14 2011, 05:24 PM
Post #9

I swear! I didn't cause any seizures!
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

I have it myself. You can get an operation for it nowadays. They just put a goddamn metal bar behind your chest, and bam! You look normal again. Of course you can't work out and stuff for a while, but it's a solution.

--------------------
QUOTE (MagicKid @ Nov 9 2010, 04:16 PM) *
KA... ME... KAMEHAMEHA!!!!

Lols
Spoiler:

I am my favorite pokémon!
Spoiler:

The pokémon that fits my personality best is, though:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Simple Bag
post Oct 29 2011, 02:46 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

I have the opposite of this. It's horrible.

+Quote Post

Twidger
post Oct 29 2011, 03:13 AM
Post #11

Everyday I'm Shufflin'
Group Icon

Type: Artist

Hey, to be honest, I think it looks kinda cool smile.gif

I sort of have the opposite of this, I guess... I was born without ribs on the left side of my body, so I just have sort of a gaping hole there lol

--------------------
~Chapter 3 is out now!!~

~Check out my 2011 Game-Making Contest Entry! Fully complete and ready to play!~

I support:
Spoiler:

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

RickStark
post Jan 9 2012, 01:23 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

I know how it felt to have Pectus Excavatum, i have it too and their is no way to cure it naturally. I have it since i was born, and I am also very skinny although i may eat a lot. I am pretty short for my age too. The dent in my ribcage was also frequently teased by my classmate and it did affect my self esteem and confidence so i know exactly how you feel. I just created this account to tell you that you can undergo a surgery to cure the dent. The process of the surgery require cutting two holes on the side of your body near the ribcage and then they will insert a metal piece to make the rib normal, normally the metal will be leave in the body for 2-3years. There is no guarantee that the rib may not be dented again after the metal removal, there is also no guarantee that the rib will look as normal. I just had the surgery on the 22nd of dec 2011. My rib is not as dent as before but it is still a bit dented. The famous thing about this operation mention by the doctor is the pain after the operation. I have to tell you it is very painful after the operation, and the metal may move from its position around the rib. I have difficultly lying down after the operation when i sleep, so i have to sleep on an armchair. I will suggest if you wanna do the operation, do it as young as possible, because if you do it when you are older, your bone will be thicker and harder and more painful as a result. wish you luck if you are gonna do the operation.

+Quote Post

Sharpe
post Jan 24 2012, 11:01 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Never heard of this. When I read the topic title, I thought this was a case of missing pec, like Tracy Telligman.

Thanks for sharing.

Like the Joker in The Dark Knight, you could make up several different wild and grisly accounts to tell people. "Did I ever tell you how I got this hole in my chest?"

--------------------
My first tutorial: Moving a Player Through a Door Using a Move Route

"I give thee now a chance to share this world and to rule half of it
if thou will now stand beside me.
"What sayest thou?
"Will the great warrior stand with me?"

--The Dragonlord, Dragon Warrior, 1989.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 09:27 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.