iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> ATTENTION!

Do not post questions about Ace in this section. Any and all Ace related support should be posted in the Ace section found here.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Change Transparent color to total White, Change Transparent color to total White
jorrit10
post Mar 9 2008, 10:41 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Hello,

If i want to change the transparent color in RPG Maker VX, i go to tools, options, and then set my transparent color. I could get it to total black, but total white won't work. I always see grey-white blocks in the preview screen. I want to get it total white, because my monsters i want to import have a white background. Is it possible to get it total white?

Jorrit

Sorry that my english is so bad, i'm dutch. rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

scherzo
post Mar 9 2008, 12:48 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

First, wrong forum. See the other Support forum.

Second, you're confusing the "Tools>Options" transparent color setting with actually picking the transparent color when importing a battler graphic.
When importing battlers (that's what you meant by monsters, correct?), if you don't use PNG, you won't be able to set a transparent color. Use the Resource Manager to add your monsters by clicking Import.. and picking the graphic. Then you left-click on a spot with white color to set the transparency. That's all you should need to do. I'll add here that, most of the time, it will look ugly and blotchy because white is a common color that shows up in battler graphics.

You can't change that option you are talking about to total white - it goes to pure transparent, which is grey-white boxes, I believe, in this program. It has no effect on your graphics except changing the color you see when looking at the parts of an image that are transparent. In other words, it's cosmetic.

If you have any more questions, please use the proper forum next time wink.gif.

--------------------

+Quote Post

jorrit10
post Mar 10 2008, 04:15 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Thanks, i know what i did wrong, i imported Jpeg files instead of PNG, i'll convert them. Thank you very much

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 08:23 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.