iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Note for Early Project Feedback Threads

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Runescape Remake!, Self Explanitery...
orgamon
post Mar 3 2009, 05:32 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Runescape Remake

Im sure you have all played the Massively Multiplayer Online RPG Runescape. A while a go I decided I wanted to make a Reamake of Runescape using RMVX. Obviously some principles and features in the game are different, but alot of the game is generally the same. Some things have been changed to make them a bit more interesting and to cut out that Repetitive leveling feel.

Firstly I would like to point out some features of the Game and features that I aim to have added before I release a beta testing of the game to some willing people.

Features
-Maps are changed completely to make the game more interesting.

-Some Quests remain unchanged where as some Quests (the classic ones) remain unchanged or only twinged in some ways.

-Fully Working skills, Complete: Woodcutting, Mining, Smithing, Fletching, Prayer, Fishing, Cooking, Slayer, Hunter, Herbalore, Thiefing, Crafting(95% done).

-Incomplete Skills- Agility, Farming.

-Not Used Skills-Runecrafting(game uses mana instead of runes), Construction(might be done in future), Firemaking (pointless in my opinion)

-Added skills or Intention to Add skills: Enchanting(might add) Trimming (Started 50% complete, trimming is trimming armor and weapons to add power and look)

-All Skills have tones more things to do!

-Guild for every skill.

-Monsters have a huge range of drops like in runescape.

-Possibility to have npc's added to your party at certain points in the game to add excitement.

- 100% complete database of Runescape Weapons and items!(plus over 300 new weapons and armors at this time.)

-60% complete database of all Runescape Items (yes taking ages!)

-Some monsters are same as Runescape and there are some monsters added. (40% complete)

-Many more features!

So if I could get some feedback like what you think and I will be posting some screen shots later!
Also if you would like to beta test the game please say so!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Omegas7
post Mar 3 2009, 09:23 PM
Post #2

stai sprecando il tuo tempo
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

A screenshot would help me decide whether to like it or not.

Is it online? Lol.

How is the battle system?

+Quote Post

Guest_zeroplumber_*
post Mar 3 2009, 09:24 PM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (orgamon @ Mar 3 2009, 12:32 PM) *
Runescape Remake

Im sure you have all played the Massively Multiplayer Online RPG Runescape. A while a go I decided I wanted to make a Reamake of Runescape using RMVX. Obviously some principles and features in the game are different, but alot of the game is generally the same. Some things have been changed to make them a bit more interesting and to cut out that Repetitive leveling feel.

No I have not played this game, what is it about? What is the world history? Who released it? Tell me what this game is about!

QUOTE (orgamon @ Mar 3 2009, 12:32 PM) *
Firstly I would like to point out some features of the Game and features that I aim to have added before I release a beta testing of the game to some willing people.

Features
-Maps are changed completely to make the game more interesting.

-Some Quests remain unchanged where as some Quests (the classic ones) remain unchanged or only twinged in some ways.

-Fully Working skills, Complete: Woodcutting, Mining, Smithing, Fletching, Prayer, Fishing, Cooking, Slayer, Hunter, Herbalore, Thiefing, Crafting(95% done).

-Incomplete Skills- Agility, Farming.

-Not Used Skills-Runecrafting(game uses mana instead of runes), Construction(might be done in future), Firemaking (pointless in my opinion)

-Added skills or Intention to Add skills: Enchanting(might add) Trimming (Started 50% complete, trimming is trimming armor and weapons to add power and look)

-All Skills have tones more things to do!

-Guild for every skill.

-Monsters have a huge range of drops like in runescape.

-Possibility to have npc's added to your party at certain points in the game to add excitement.

- 100% complete database of Runescape Weapons and items!(plus over 300 new weapons and armors at this time.)

-60% complete database of all Runescape Items (yes taking ages!)

-Some monsters are same as Runescape and there are some monsters added. (40% complete)

-Many more features!

So if I could get some feedback like what you think and I will be posting some screen shots later!
Also if you would like to beta test the game please say so!

I can't give you feedback on a list of features. I want to know what you are going to ADD to this wonderful MMO game. Please don't rehash the same old story, or just make yourself the major hero. ADD something to an already existing game. Far too often fan games fail because the developer failed to understand that to make a fan game is to ADD or bring something NEW to the scene. Remaking the same old shit is tiresome sir.

This thread does not meet the requirements for this forum. 24 hours.

+Quote Post

bandito
post Mar 3 2009, 09:34 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Type: Designer

The only way I think this game will be good, is if you remake everything that makes Runescape..well Runescape. That mmo was horrible in my opinion and only a full remake of basically everything concerning the world is the only way this game will be good in my opinion.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Omegas7
post Mar 3 2009, 11:08 PM
Post #5

stai sprecando il tuo tempo
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Actually, around 2 years ago, I liked RuneScape quite a lot, but since time passed, more updates, it became something I don't play much anymore... Not sure why.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd September 2014 - 01:22 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.