iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Notes for Complete Game Threads

This forum is for completed RPG Maker VX games. Please do not post threads about games being made in other engines here.

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> devil Theory, SOLO RPG ACTION
MrWaltz
post Mar 19 2009, 03:41 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Neutral Good

SOLO RPG ACTION

>> GAME Download <<118 MB

Spoiler: The story centers around a woman named Rebecca. She visits the cell of Lynn, her ex-captain, and tells her that she will be executed tomorrow morning by none other than Rebecca herself. To comfort the dumbstruck Lynn, Rebecca tells a story of her past, something she is not very happy to share.

19 year-old Rebecca narrates her story while you play as her 15-year old self.

Spoiler:
In the world of Azriel, humans have long exhausted oil as a resource. The world was close to a global panic, when finally, a new resource, a resource phenomenally better than oil, electricity, or any resource we use in our everyday lives, is discovered. This resource was called Valmite. Valmite was a special material that had been accumulating underground for thousands of years. The four major countries of the world had taken advantage of the Valmite's power and excavated almost every Valmite site in existence. Azriel is now a highly advanced civilization, with technology that can surpass anyone's imagination.

Now, only a single Valmite site remains. Dubbed the Valmite Mines, an all-out war broke out for ownership of these mines. Though the war ended with a truce, it did not last for long. Sekai, the country that proposed the truce in the first place had broken it, and now war is occurring once more with only two of the four main countries participating this time. Those countries are Avalon and Sekai.

Spoiler:

Rebecca Delgado: 15 years old. Hails from Avalon. Because of a recent traumatizing event and the outbreak of another war, Rebecca ran away from her home country to find peace, as she knew she could not do a thing about the current situation. She arrives at a neutral country, Dolce, and is given shelter with the help of Captain Gabe. However, she soon finds that running away won't help at all and slowly gets involved in the war she was trying to avoid.

Captain Gabe: 25 years old. Hails from Dolce. Belonging to a country that had announced itself as neutral in the war, Gabe had no worries until he found that the leader of Dolce had plans to launch a sneak attack against Sekai. With the help of Rebecca, he attempts to prevent this from happening so his country won't be a victim of retaliation.

Kensei Yuuga: 17 years old. Hails from Sekai. Not wanting to follow their King's ideals any further, Kensei and his family defected to Dolce to find better lives. To their misfortune however, they arrive in Dolce a day after Sekai's malicious actions, and become the targets of Gabe and Rebecca because of their suspicious time of arrival.

Spoiler:

Depicted here is the 19 year old Rebecca. She was drawn by a friend of mine from DeviantArt: http://thysane.deviantart.com/

Spoiler:

Battles are fast-paced thanks to ziifee's Spin Wait Gauge System. The twist is, the enemy is the one who has to wait in order to attack. You, the player however, do not. Once your gauge fills up at the start of battle, it will not go down even after performing an attack. You will be able to line up attacks one after another. Sound easy? It is in fact, NOT. Your lack of waiting does not mean you can go trigger happy. Enemies may take a while to attack you, but they hit HARD, so you must make sure to activate your Barrier (Defend) in order to lessen damage. When you are sure the enemy is finished attacking, hit them back! Then defend...then hit back! It's a rinse and repeat process, but it keeps you on your toes, especially when mobs increase in quantity. Keep in mind that when "Barrier" is selected in battle, it will activate the second you hit that button. The command menu will appear again, but you will still be in Defense mode until you use an item, or attack. Once you use an item or attack, you will have to select Barrier again to defend.

You are SOLO in battle at all times, but no worries. You can exploit enemies' elemental weaknesses to delay their attacks and make battles more manageable.

There is a Generator in your inventory that functions as a mobile shop. You can buy and sell items easily just by going into your menu screen instead of going to a shop every time.

The EZ Grill can make nutritious food for you, provided that you gather the right ingredients first.

No Leveling System exists in this game. Instead, you will be using the Growth Chart to enhance your abilities with money earned through battles.

VP Capacity UP: Increases your Max VP amount to execute more skills.

Amplifier Upgrade: Increases ATK power to inflict more damage on enemies.

Barrier Upgrade: Increases DEF to protect against enemy attacks and increases AGI to attack more often before the enemy strikes back.

Scripts: Thank you all for enhancing my game with these awesome scripts.

Spoiler:

KGC Scripts by KGC:

KGC_EquipExtension
KGC_OverDrive
KGC_AdjustBattleWait
KGC_ForceStopVictoryME
KGC_MPCostAlter
KGC_CategorizeItem
KGC_ComposeItem
KGC_ExtraDropItem
KGC_TitleDirection

ziifee's scripts (localized by Mr. Bubble and TakamiDaisuke):

ziifee | WGB Layout
ziifee | WGB System
ziifee | Spin Wait Gauge
ziifee | Damage/State Pops
ziifee | State Icon Animation

Light Effects VX Script by Kylock
ERZENGEL's Continued BGM
Caterpillar Script by Mr. Anonymous
SephirothSpawn's Slanted bars
Smooth Scrolling and Neo Message System 3.0 Woratana
Enemy HP Gauge By star:http://strcatyou.u-abel.net/ Translated by Mr. Bubble
HK Animated Title Screen by Hanzo Kimura
Battle Background by Synthesize
Image-based HP and MP Gauges v1.1 by wltr3565
Full Status Custom Menu System by modern algebra
Guard Shortcut by Mithran
Critical Flash by Jens009
Yanfly Engine RD - Common Event Shop

Music from:

Dark Cloud 2
Odin Sphere
Street Fighter IV
Wild ARMs 4
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
.hack//SIGN
.hack//LIMINALITY
Drakengard

>> GAME Download << 118 MB
>>Alternate Link<< 118 MB

The game is entirely linear, leading the player from one plot point to the next, with dungeon crawling and frantic battles to be found in between. Sidequests have been terminated, so you are left with the main story, something that is very small in scale, but focuses more on character interaction and story development than epic war campaigns.

Disregard any of my posts below concerning UPDATES, they are irrelevant at this point.

If you find any errors in the game, please tell me immediately. The game has been tested multiple times (with me running through the game 3 times without an error), but there is no guarantee that the game is bug-free.

As always, feedback is always welcome. I am glad to have finally completed this project, and I am glad I have the freedom to present said project to this wonderful website. Happy playing! If you decide to play this game anyway!

REVIEWS FOR THE COMPLETED GAME START AT PAGE 4, POST #80

This post has been edited by MrWaltz: Mar 24 2012, 04:23 AM

--------------------
Do most of our members just go to the Completed Scripts Section?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

chuckethy
post Mar 19 2009, 11:14 AM
Post #2

Benevolent Soul
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Unaligned

This actually looks kinda good. I like what I see so far, so I am going to download it and play it. I'm quite busy, so it may take a while, but it looks interesting.

I hope things continue to go well.

+Quote Post

Menda
post Mar 19 2009, 05:21 PM
Post #3

:3
Group Icon

Just finished playing. I am quite impressed! Really, I'm not saying that because I feel bad for you or something, tongue.gif.

Too be more specific...

The battle system:
I normally don't like random battles, but the mix of random and onscreen enemy's was well executed. Overall balance was very good. The boss-ish critters didn't one hit me, the peons didn't suddenly do a killer attack.
Fighting certainly takes strategy. No mashing the space bar here, unless you want to end up dead! The stun system worked better than I thought it would.
The mapping:
I found the 1 block walls to be a bit squashed, but it never really effected moving around or such. What I'm trying to say is that it works. Some people might complain about it but it seems to be working for you!
The story:
You got me interested, so I think I would have to say its pretty good. Now I want to know what's going to happen to poor 'becca.
The music:
Spot on, biggrin.gif! The FF fanfare could have been done without, but everything else was rather good.
Anything else?:
Why yes, me. Thanks for asking. I think a couple more red vials, or switching out a couple blue for red would be nice, :3. At one point I had about 20 blues but only 1 red.

Also, if this is what you can make in one week of acquiring rpgmkvx.... I can't wait to see whats next! (I had it for months before figuring out variables and such.... <.<;;..)

All in all, I give this demo a "4 mendas out of 5!"
Definitely worth the playing, and can't wait for more. Took me a little over an hour to beat it. But the key here, was I didn't really notice an hour had passed, oho. A good sign.

+Quote Post

artificer-urza
post Mar 20 2009, 03:19 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Where the heck did you get music from Last Remnant?

+Quote Post

MrWaltz
post Mar 21 2009, 03:13 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Menda @ Mar 19 2009, 01:21 PM) *
Just finished playing. I am quite impressed! Really, I'm not saying that because I feel bad for you or something, tongue.gif.

Too be more specific...

The battle system:
I normally don't like random battles, but the mix of random and onscreen enemy's was well executed. Overall balance was very good. The boss-ish critters didn't one hit me, the peons didn't suddenly do a killer attack.
Fighting certainly takes strategy. No mashing the space bar here, unless you want to end up dead! The stun system worked better than I thought it would.
The mapping:
I found the 1 block walls to be a bit squashed, but it never really effected moving around or such. What I'm trying to say is that it works. Some people might complain about it but it seems to be working for you!
The story:
You got me interested, so I think I would have to say its pretty good. Now I want to know what's going to happen to poor 'becca.
The music:
Spot on, biggrin.gif! The FF fanfare could have been done without, but everything else was rather good.
Anything else?:
Why yes, me. Thanks for asking. I think a couple more red vials, or switching out a couple blue for red would be nice, :3. At one point I had about 20 blues but only 1 red.

Also, if this is what you can make in one week of acquiring rpgmkvx.... I can't wait to see whats next! (I had it for months before figuring out variables and such.... <.<;;..)

All in all, I give this demo a "4 mendas out of 5!"
Definitely worth the playing, and can't wait for more. Took me a little over an hour to beat it. But the key here, was I didn't really notice an hour had passed, oho. A good sign.

ooo thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it! I'll consider switching some blues out for reds, but keep in mind that Red vials can be bought from a shop, while Blue vials are not sold anywhere.

and I'm really glad to hear that you actually care about the main character. That's one of my main goals when trying to create a game or story.

again thanks for all the feedback. although I don't really know what you mean by "squashed" when you mention the 1 block walls. think you could elaborate on that?

QUOTE (artificer-urza @ Mar 19 2009, 11:19 PM) *
Where the heck did you get music from Last Remnant?

I have a good resource

This post has been edited by MrWaltz: Mar 21 2009, 03:13 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Craze
post Mar 22 2009, 08:49 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Don't be a dick and withhold where you got resources that you probably stole anyway: http://bluelaguna.net/

This post has been edited by Craze: Mar 22 2009, 08:50 PM

+Quote Post

MrWaltz
post Mar 25 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

generated new sprites for Gabe [with and without helmet]

--------------------

+Quote Post

MrWaltz
post Mar 31 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

some more updates

Added a "Cancel" skill. Using this skill will get an enemy out of its Stun state. You might encounter 3 monsters and try to stun the strongest one. When you defeat the other 2 monsters faster than expected, you may not want to wait for the stunned monster to get out of its stunned state [stunned monsters have increased defense], so you can use Cancel to get the monster back to its original state and kill it faster.

More maps have been made as the story is progressing. One map includes Niflheim, a path that leads to a half sunken castle.

A new device called a "module" has been created. Modules change the element of your attack, so you can take advantage of elemental weaknesses of monsters and bosses.

I'll give out a link to an updated demo soon. Progress is going pretty smoothly.

--------------------

+Quote Post

MrWaltz
post Apr 3 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

alright, added an updated demo!

--------------------

+Quote Post

MrWaltz
post Apr 15 2009, 05:12 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

More updates:

Changed title screen and window color and am now making use of BigEd781's Improved Command Window, as shown by the pointer arrow below.

Changed Rebecca's and Gabe's hair style/color. Rebecca always had brown hair, I have no idea why I made her sprite have green hair. I changed Gabe's hair because I don't want any main character to have outrageously colored colored hair.

Changed Rebecca and Gabe's face pictures to match their new hair colors.

Increased font size and am now making use of the Neo Message System 3.0 by Woratana

--------------------

+Quote Post

MrWaltz
post Sep 12 2009, 05:37 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

totally revamped the first post of my thread. development is still going strong, i just stopped updating the thread....for like 5 months

Disregard any of my posts above concerning UPDATES, they are irrelevant at this point.

--------------------

+Quote Post

mickylee
post Sep 12 2009, 06:34 AM
Post #12

King of Cowards
Group Icon

I heard the story basis on this game, it seems like he had a good mind set when making the game.
I'm sure it will be a great game; check it out for sure.

--------------------
What kind of God can walk among men?
After all, we are the most vicious beasts known alive.

In support of:

+Quote Post

wltr3565
post Sep 12 2009, 02:00 PM
Post #13

The best BAKA ever
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: True Neutral

What do you mean for PS3?! You can make a game for PS3?! With what you can make it?

--------------------
This place is empty, just like I restarted myself.

+Quote Post

MrWaltz
post Sep 13 2009, 12:54 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (wltr3565 @ Sep 12 2009, 10:00 AM) *
What do you mean for PS3?! You can make a game for PS3?! With what you can make it?

it's a dream project. sorry I should have specified.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Saekonungar
post Sep 14 2009, 01:45 AM
Post #15

Is a parody of himself
Group Icon

Heeey!I remember having played the older beta of this game back when you were looking for an artist, but got ninja-ed by someone else. It's good to see this project is still alive. I downloaded it yesterday, but only today I got to finish it. First, let me say that the improvement you have made is quite impressive, it's more refined in every possible aspect, and the new battle style is just loads of fun. You gotta make an userbar for my all-too important (yeah, right) signature space. smile.gif
Now, my intention was to just give a general review of the game, but after realizing it was much longer than what at first I thought, I ended up doing a commented playthrough. I'll spoiler tag it because, well, it's full of spoilers, of course. tongue.gif

Spoiler:

(Even though it seems to be full of criticism, they're just things that I either didn't understand or thought could be improved, I REALLY liked the game)
- Why does everything randomly gets set on fire at the beginning?O_o
- Why are there lit torches in the middle of the road during a rain? (Is it supposed to be night?then you need to darker the tint some more...)
- The item categories are terribly cluttered.
- Rebecca's new sprite looks kind of boy-ish. (NOTE: It became a great running gag, later on smile.gif)
- The encounter rate is way over the top. It doesn't help at all that the maps are so labyrinthic. (NOTE: This goes for every dungeon in the game)
- You forgot to add Valkyrie Profile to your music credits. tongue.gif
- Is her backstory still the same?(except that now you're going to leave it as a surprise?)Because otherwise the rain commentary has lost it's cool foreshadowy vibe, becoming almost a random joke. (a good one)
- Hmm...disable has become quite redundant.
- Lol at ff victory music.
- God, why do the characters speak so little? I need my plot ration! (Note: later on, I discovered that the pacing was actually really good. The reason this comment is still here is that I was writing this as I played, and I thought, it'll be better if you knew how the player felt at the moment they played through each stage.)
- System stack too deep error!I've run on it at least four times when leveling up. I think it's the level up display script, not only because that's when it happened, but also because I played a different project that also used it and I got the same error.
- I don't like kgc's mp cost alter. I mean, it renders raising your mp completely useless since spells will always cost the same percentage of it. At least, it's not all the spells. (NOTE: later on, I realized you did this because these two spells never lose their usefulness.)
- Rebecca's "off he goes" line about Guy, after his second quest is stuck on an infinite loop, I had to open the database and alter it myself tongue.gif (You forgot to turn the self switch b on)...Why do quests give so little exp?
- Talking about numbers... I seem to have a severe cash overflow problem. I think by this point Rebecca could afford to buy a house of her own in Dolce and settle down to live a normal life. XD
- I spent 2000+$ on bait to get a rainbow fish...well at least i'm spending it on something.
- "I'm not going to crying"..bad timing for a typo, man, really bad.
- The katana dialogue was really well written...but Rebecca's hair seems black to me O_o (on a closer look it is a really dark shade of brown.)
- Gabe has gotten kind of creepy with his interest in Rebecca. XD
- Where does Gabe go in Niflheim? I understand the "solo" concept, but you could have at least made him run ahead on his own, so it'll make sense. (NOTE: the same applies to the underground, haunted, road thing)
- Why are you giving us attack chips and barriers here? You can imagine we already have some of those by now.
- When jumping down from the first ledge on the third screen (still on Niflheim) I got a system stack error.
- When I got to the entrance to the castle, I entered the main door and exited again, then went to the far right. When I returned, Rebecca said something about a dragon? I suppose it's some event that's going to hapens afterwards?
- The boss was waay too easy...and I got a system stack error during the cutscene after defeating him. sad.gif
- Oh, snap! I didn't expected the husband to be right.
- I ran into this bug when I got into a fight in Amity road....it happened again...it happens always :/

- System stack error before black dragon battle, first during roar, and then, a second time during his footsteps.
- Defeating him or getting killed is the same?At least give me a prize for kicking his scaly ass. sad.gif
- Confirmed, she still has the same backstory...
- Lol at RTP shenanigans in the upper town.
- I forgot to mention before, I really like all the little details the game has: like the randomized spawns and the dialogue in the tavern changing each day...
- Dude seriously, order the database. Having a healing item, then loot, then more healing items, gets really messy.
- System stack error: when talking to the last prisoner in the...uhhm, prison. (During the second line)
- The haunted basement actually presents a good challenge. My inner hardcore is pleased. At last I can put to good use stun again. I missed it. smile.gif
- A poison module just now? I've been using it for a reeeally long time, you know? (The items that are laying around -as opposed to in a bag- aren't randomized, I believe...?)
- I really like the regular battle theme here. It reminds me to Wild Arms 2. The FF (IX if I recall correctly?) remix is also pretty good. Actually, all the music is really well chosen.
- Stack level too deep when escaping from the Black Dragon (so that was the dragon I got an earlier scene from) on the first jump on Niflheim...twice.
- The guard called Gabe & Becca d-degenerates?ohmy.gif
- Awww poor perverted old man. Seriously, that was pretty sad, and I rarely do empathize with videogame characters.
- Already over? T_T

Also...there's a recurrent error on your walls, I didn't actually took notes of where I saw it (that's why it's not on the main list); off the top of my head I remember Sol Militia's quarters, a lot of places in Dolce and in the dungeon below it's militia.
Here's what I mean:

Well, that's about it, I hope you don't get a headache or something from reading all of my inane ramblings. Good luck finishing this. I'm really curious about how it'll continue. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Saekonungar: Sep 14 2009, 01:49 AM

--------------------
Awesome games you should be playing:

One of those "scientific" tests...
Spoiler:

The meaning of life is Bernard
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MrWaltz
post Sep 14 2009, 04:55 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

you played the older version? coolio! haha. i stopped updating the thread since it seemed like no one was posting in it, so i worked non-stop for 3 months, then took a break, and now i'm working on it again. I'm happy to know that you like the new and improved version of Theory. the old version was actually COMPLETE after those non-stop 3 months, but then I looked over the script and noticed how cheesy my dialogue got. so now about 90% of the script is changed. glad to know you like the new battle system. I tried to make it as unique as i could

now onto the spoilers, lol
Spoiler:

oh god, I feel like such a dummy for having lit torches while it's freaking raining. i like to have torches and rain for dramatic effect, but i didn't realize that they could NOT go together, ha. In the beginning, lightning is supposed to strike near Rebecca, setting stuff on fire and preventing her from going back. again, silly dramatic effect.

I rarely got that system stack error while i was playing the game, but i think i am going to remove the level up display script because when it shows your new learned skills, they get cut off anyway.

I'll lower the encounter rate. i noticed it was high...but i just liked getting into battles. ^^

That rain dialogue got a bit cheesy in my opinion, so I changed it up.

hmm? the katana dialogue was severely shortened, what did you like about it?

I will definitely not make Gabe just "vanish" when he's with you in a dungeon. I'll come up with an excuse soon

it's been so long, I don't even know why my recovery items are so scattered in the database. i've been meaning to fix all that, i've just been holding it off, because reorganizing it would mean i have to fix all the treasure boxes in the game so they can give you the same item.

man, sometimes i feel like Gabe gets a lot of the spotlight in the game, but it's all good, he's an important character. ^^

i would love to have commented on all of the details of your critique (i'm tired), but I have read them over multiple times already and they are VERY VERY helpful. I will use your critique to improve my game, so thank you very much for that. I can start making a userbar as well, it would be nice to have someone out there supporting Theory.

--------------------

+Quote Post

steenix
post Sep 14 2009, 06:30 AM
Post #17

Oh, you know.
Group Icon

I looked at this game the other night and I really wanted to play it...but I was in the middle of another one at the time.

HOWEVER.

I finished that one, and I'm really anxious to try devil Theory. The battle system looks/sounds pretty unique and awesome...I'll definitely give feedback for this project (as you did for mine, I didn't forget :D).

--------------------

New demo soon!

+Quote Post

Saekonungar
post Sep 14 2009, 11:30 PM
Post #18

Is a parody of himself
Group Icon

Ok, answering you answers...tongue.gif
Spoiler:

QUOTE (MrWaltz @ Sep 14 2009, 01:55 AM) *
In the beginning, lightning is supposed to strike near Rebecca, setting stuff on fire and preventing her from going back. again, silly dramatic effect.

je, it's not bad, the problem, is that there's little visual cue of it. tongue.gif

I rarely got that system stack error while I was playing the game, but i think i am going to remove the level up display script because when it shows your new learned skills, they get cut off anyway.

Do note that I doubt that all the non level up related system stack errors I mentioned have something to do with that script. That's why I listed them on the first place. Here's Biged and Mithran talking about the subject...it might be helpful...somehow.
I'll lower the encounter rate. i noticed it was high...but i just liked getting into battles. ^^

This script might to be kind of cool to have, maybe.

hmm? the katana dialogue was severely shortened, what did you like about it?

I was playing that part really late at night... I don't actually remember how it went exactly. I think Rebecca's reaction took me by surprise (she did that several times). But if you REALLY want to know...Could you please point me in the database where that dialogue is located so I can re-read it and tell you?

it's been so long, I don't even know why my recovery items are so scattered in the database. i've been meaning to fix all that, i've just been holding it off, because reorganizing it would mean i have to fix all the treasure boxes in the game so they can give you the same item.

The more you wait the worse it'll get tongue.gif

man, sometimes i feel like Gabe gets a lot of the spotlight in the game, but it's all good, he's an important character. ^^

He's pretty cool you better take good care of him smile.gif

i would love to have commented on all of the details of your critique (i'm tired), but I have read them over multiple times already and they are VERY VERY helpful. I will use your critique to improve my game, so thank you very much for that. I can start making a userbar as well, it would be nice to have someone out there supporting Theory.

Hey, don't worry man, you don't need to answer every point. I just felt these comments might be of use to you. I'll be waiting for the userbar.
Oh, by the way, I don't know if you've seen it, but Moon made a solo player script that might fit well in your game. It looks prettty cool. Though it might clash with caterpillar. unsure.gif

--------------------
Awesome games you should be playing:

One of those "scientific" tests...
Spoiler:

The meaning of life is Bernard
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

steenix
post Sep 15 2009, 07:06 AM
Post #19

Oh, you know.
Group Icon

Alright, I've had a chance to play your game (but not finish the demo YET). And let me start by saying I LOVE that you used sound effects from the PW and AJ series, including psyche-locks! I never would've thought they could be used well in an RPG.

Also, the introduction is done very well. I was hooked right from the get-go. And the battle system is really great, innovative, and fun! I ALMOST enjoyed random enctouners, haha. Your dialogue has a nice balance of informality and seriousness, which is something I love in a game.

Now onto the things that bothered me:

At the beginning, after you learn about generating items, you have the option to make a fishing pole and bait. So OF COURSE I DID! I went right up to the water, hit the action button, and fished. The BGM suddenly changed and never changed back after I finished fishing.

Speaking of BGMs, it may just be me, but I don't really feel that the music fits after the introduction is finished. Just something about the rain and dark mood set at the beginning just makes me feel almost out of place when I hear this music. Again, it is just personal preference.

The dungeon-like map while trying to find the skeletons was also bothersome; again, it is personal preference. I've never been a huge fan of searching/walking around excessively while constantly thinking about random encounters...it's almost unsettling. Weird, I know.

Saekonungar covered most of my other issues, so I'll stop my rambling here.

I definitely give the gameplay a 9/10 (overlooking previously mentioned issues as they are easily fixed, should you please). Keep it up!

--------------------

New demo soon!

+Quote Post

MrWaltz
post Sep 15 2009, 09:05 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

alright, my answers are within your quote now.

QUOTE (Saekonungar @ Sep 14 2009, 06:30 PM) *
Ok, answering you answers...tongue.gif
Spoiler:

je, it's not bad, the problem, is that there's little visual cue of it. tongue.gif

i thought flashing the screen and having a lightning sound would be a good cue!

Do note that I doubt that all the non level up related system stack errors I mentioned have something to do with that script. That's why I listed them on the first place. Here's Biged and Mithran talking about the subject...it might be helpful...somehow.

oh, thanks for that.

This script might to be kind of cool to have, maybe.

yah, i checked that out before, wasn't too interested, but thanks.

I was playing that part really late at night... I don't actually remember how it went exactly. I think Rebecca's reaction took me by surprise (she did that several times). But if you REALLY want to know...Could you please point me in the database where that dialogue is located so I can re-read it and tell you?

Go to the Dolce map and double click the patrol point that's in front of the North Gate.
Is Rebecca's surprising reactions good? Or bad, meaning her reactions didn't match her character/personality?

The more you wait the worse it'll get tongue.gif

True...sadly...^^

He's pretty cool you better take good care of him smile.gif

he's in goood hands. glad you think he's cool too, haha.

Hey, don't worry man, you don't need to answer every point. I just felt these comments might be of use to you. I'll be waiting for the userbar.
Oh, by the way, I don't know if you've seen it, but Moon made a solo player script that might fit well in your game. It looks prettty cool. Though it might clash with caterpillar. unsure.gif

I'll check Moon's script out and see how it works. thanks for sharing that link. I also made a userbar for you and anyone else who wants to support Theory. Here it is, with the code below it:

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=11522"][IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/PhantazyStar/mpre%20pics/userbar-1-1.png[/IMG][/url]

QUOTE (steenix @ Sep 15 2009, 02:06 AM) *
Alright, I've had a chance to play your game (but not finish the demo YET). And let me start by saying I LOVE that you used sound effects from the PW and AJ series, including psyche-locks! I never would've thought they could be used well in an RPG.

Also, the introduction is done very well. I was hooked right from the get-go. And the battle system is really great, innovative, and fun! I ALMOST enjoyed random enctouners, haha. Your dialogue has a nice balance of informality and seriousness, which is something I love in a game.

Now onto the things that bothered me:

At the beginning, after you learn about generating items, you have the option to make a fishing pole and bait. So OF COURSE I DID! I went right up to the water, hit the action button, and fished. The BGM suddenly changed and never changed back after I finished fishing.

Speaking of BGMs, it may just be me, but I don't really feel that the music fits after the introduction is finished. Just something about the rain and dark mood set at the beginning just makes me feel almost out of place when I hear this music. Again, it is just personal preference.

The dungeon-like map while trying to find the skeletons was also bothersome; again, it is personal preference. I've never been a huge fan of searching/walking around excessively while constantly thinking about random encounters...it's almost unsettling. Weird, I know.

Saekonungar covered most of my other issues, so I'll stop my rambling here.

I definitely give the gameplay a 9/10 (overlooking previously mentioned issues as they are easily fixed, should you please). Keep it up!

oh yes, I forgot to mention I used PW sound effects, i thought they would liven my game up. The music is supposed to change a peaceful tune for fishing, but i haven't managed to make the music change back when you're done fishing. i think i can just make an event that will change the music when you step over it. i agree that the music in the first forest is a little weird after hearing the intro track. i'll look for a good substitute.

most of the inspiration of my maps come from Dark Cloud 2, so most of the (interior) dungeons will look like the first one with the skeletons. i understand if you think it's weird though.

glad you like the gameplay! hope you can finish the demo soon so you can give some more feedback. and when's your new demo going to come out?

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 01:31 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.