iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Note for Tutorial Threads

New threads (tutorials) here will go into a moderation queue. You will not see your thread appear when you create it. A moderator will decide if it will be approved or denied.

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [-Eventing-]Summoning (not aeons) with side view., just a quick move and then dissapear.
Rating 5 V
Runefreak
post Aug 22 2009, 07:28 AM
Post #41

mr. inactive
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: True Neutral

This is awesome, I'm am going to use this in my game!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

PIYA
post Aug 24 2009, 11:13 PM
Post #42

IM BACK!
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

haha thanks!
tell me if anything goes wrong

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cloud82720
post Sep 9 2009, 08:24 AM
Post #43

Stay where you belong, In my memories...
Group Icon

hey im having some troubles with my summon... i did exactly what u said to do...

i have him set as 4th player, and everything...

but the only problem... is when he is supposed to use HIS attack... he doesnt... yet my guy uses it before he is even SUMMONED.... y?

--------------------

Cloud ~ RPG Maker VX Developer In Training

Not Taking Requests for ANYTHING

Hoping to become a Game Developer for Square-Enix someday!

Chaos Crystals - Demo Due for Release
Spoiler:
Chaos Crystals

Storyline: Basic one that is used alot, main character lost his memory, doesnt know who he is or anyone around him, and he finds a girl in a dungeon, and then something happens which is unknown, then he has his first flashback of his life, but the twist is that he is sent back, so in his flashback, he doesn't have his memory back! (still in progress, will update weekly)

Characters:

Kale (main):

Age- 21
Sex- Male
Weapon of Choice- 2 Swords
Orientation- Straight
Job- Knight Guardsmen
Class- Warrior --> Paladin
Bio- Young man who has lost his memory and is trying to find out who he is, and why he woke up with a giant sword stained with blood...

Lillyanna (main's wife):

Age- 19
Sex- Female
Weapon of Choice- 2 Handed Sword
Orientation- Straight
Job- Patrol Guard
Class- Paladin --> Holy Knight
Bio- The young woman who stole Kale's heart at the young age of 14 years old. She was once a very shy and weak young girl, but has grown into a ferocious fighter!

Scripts:

(Will get list soon enough, and will give credit AFTER the game is finished, keep in mind, credit will not be shown on demos)

Classes Available:

Warrior - Strength and Defense are Vital for this blood bathed Class! --> Blood Warrior/Holy Warrior
Paladin - Balanced class with Defense, Strength, and Healing spells --> Death Paladin/Shining Paladin
Mage - with the sacrifice of Strength and Defense, you make up with Powerful Magic Spells! --> Warlock/Wizard
Priest - As like a mage, with the sacrifice of Strength and Defense, you make up with amazing healing abilities! --> Shadow Priest/Holy Priest
Demon - With the ability of the underworld at your fingers, you use your powers to determine what skills you raise! --> Devil/Angel
Spirit Knight - Likely to be the most powerful class in the game, your strength is low, but defense, speed, and magic are beyond that of even a Shadow Priest! --> Holy Knight/Death Knight

Chaos Crystals Progression
Spoiler:
Progress Completion Level:

Story - 005%
Characters - 075%
Title - 095%
Equipment - 035%
Items - 030%
Side Quests - 000%
Easter Egg(s) - 000%

+Quote Post

PIYA
post Sep 10 2009, 06:40 AM
Post #44

IM BACK!
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cloud82720 @ Sep 9 2009, 02:24 AM) *
hey im having some troubles with my summon... i did exactly what u said to do...

i have him set as 4th player, and everything...

but the only problem... is when he is supposed to use HIS attack... he doesnt... yet my guy uses it before he is even SUMMONED.... y?

your common events should make it so that the actor 4 (the summon) appears first, THEN you HAVE TO use force action right after that or else it wont work. then make him dissapear and what not.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cloud82720
post Sep 10 2009, 07:39 AM
Post #45

Group Icon

QUOTE (PIYA @ Sep 10 2009, 12:40 AM) *
your common events should make it so that the actor 4 (the summon) appears first, THEN you HAVE TO use force action right after that or else it wont work. then make him dissapear and what not.

that is what i did... but i changed it now... i am trying to make it so that he is just a picture that appears, then uses the spell, but for some reason, even when he uses it, the animation comes up, but no damage or anything......

do u know how to fix this?

--------------------

Spoiler:
Chaos Crystals

Storyline: Basic one that is used alot, main character lost his memory, doesnt know who he is or anyone around him, and he finds a girl in a dungeon, and then something happens which is unknown, then he has his first flashback of his life, but the twist is that he is sent back, so in his flashback, he doesn't have his memory back! (still in progress, will update weekly)

Characters:

Kale (main):

Age- 21
Sex- Male
Orientation- Straight
Job- Knight Guardsmen
Bio- Young man who has lost his memory and is trying to find out who he is, and why he woke up with a giant sword stained with blood...

Lillyanna (main's wife):

Age- 19
Sex- Female
Orientation- Straight
Job- Patrol Guard
Bio- The young woman who stole Kale's heart at the young age of 14 years old. She was once a very shy and weak young girl, but has grown into a ferocious fighter!

Scripts:

(Will get list soon enough, and will give credit AFTER the game is finished, keep in mind, credit will not be shown on demos)

Classes Available:

Warrior - Strength and Defense are Vital for this blood bathed Class! --> Blood Warrior/Holy Warrior
Paladin - Balanced class with Defense, Strength, and Healing spells --> Death Paladin/Shining Paladin
Mage - with the sacrifice of Strength and Defense, you make up with Powerful Magic Spells! --> Warlock/Wizard
Priest - As like a mage, with the sacrifice of Strength and Defense, you make up with amazing healing abilities! --> Shadow Priest/Holy Priest
Demon - With the ability of the underworld at your fingers, you use your powers to determine what skills you raise! --> Devil/Angel
Spirit Knight - Likely to be the most powerful class in the game, your strength is low, but defense, speed, and magic are beyond that of even a Shadow Priest! --> Holy Knight/Death Knight

Spoiler:

Story - 005%
Characters - 075%
Title - 095%
Equipment - 035%
Items - 030%
Side Quests - 000%
Easter Egg(s) - 000%

+Quote Post

DemonicSeriph
post Sep 10 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Do you know if the script "Kylock's Dynamic Party Positions for RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System" will work for the same purpose as your mini script? I beleive it would but i haven't tested out your method yet about to give it a try

smile.gif

Just got back from testing it out and from what i can tell kylock's does work for this but the problem that i am going through right now is that he will pop up and everything but my force acttion isnt working sad.gif and i can't seem to think how it wouldnt work but i am also using atb with sbs so maybe that would have something to do with it but i doubt it considering it works up to that point any light on the situation?

This post has been edited by DemonicSeriph: Sep 10 2009, 08:16 PM

+Quote Post

Cloud82720
post Sep 10 2009, 07:33 PM
Post #47

Group Icon

QUOTE (DemonicSeriph @ Sep 10 2009, 01:28 PM) *
Do you know if the script "Kylock's Dynamic Party Positions for RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System" will work for the same purpose as your mini script? I beleive it would but i haven't tested out your method yet about to give it a try

smile.gif

thanks for the help, but i found a different method other than using an actor to summon... im just using pictures now... its bigger and really looks like a huge ass creature that will eat them all alive lol

--------------------

Spoiler:
Chaos Crystals

Characters:

Kale (main):

Age- 21
Sex- Male
Orientation- Straight
Job- Knight Guardsmen

Lillyanna (main's wife):

Age- 19
Sex- Female
Orientation- Straight
Job- Patrol Guard

Scripts:

Classes Available:

Spoiler:

Story - 005%
Characters - 075%
Title - 095%
Equipment - 035%
Items - 030%
Side Quests - 000%
Easter Egg(s) - 000%

+Quote Post

PIYA
post Sep 10 2009, 10:53 PM
Post #48

IM BACK!
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cloud82720 @ Sep 10 2009, 01:33 PM) *
thanks for the help, but i found a different method other than using an actor to summon... im just using pictures now... its bigger and really looks like a huge ass creature that will eat them all alive lol

so did you get it to work?

@DemonicSeriph
im pretty sure atb system messes up the force action. i wouldnt know cuz i dont use it, but i think i saw an add-on for that... sorry im too lazy to find it for you tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cloud82720
post Sep 10 2009, 11:18 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

QUOTE (PIYA @ Sep 10 2009, 04:53 PM) *

@DemonicSeriph
im pretty sure atb system messes up the force action. i wouldnt know cuz i dont use it, but i think i saw an add-on for that... sorry im too lazy to find it for you tongue.gif

yeah i got it to work, i just need to figure out how to get it so that when i use it on something of the opposing element... it does half damage, and when it is something of the same element, it is absorbed, and when it is something of the weakened element, it does DOUBLE damage....

other than that, yes i got it working, i have the animation, the damage, and everything for a SUMMON working, just not the correct elements.... YET....

--------------------

Spoiler:
Chaos Crystals

Characters:

Kale (main):

Age- 21
Sex- Male
Orientation- Straight
Job- Knight Guardsmen

Lillyanna (main's wife):

Age- 19
Sex- Female
Orientation- Straight
Job- Patrol Guard

Scripts:

Classes Available:

Spoiler:

Story - 005%
Characters - 075%
Title - 095%
Equipment - 035%
Items - 030%
Side Quests - 000%
Easter Egg(s) - 000%

+Quote Post

DemonicSeriph
post Sep 11 2009, 03:16 AM
Post #50

Group Icon

QUOTE (PIYA @ Sep 10 2009, 10:53 PM) *

@DemonicSeriph

well thx man ill look into it and...

@Cloud82720 would you mind sharing your methods with moi? PLZ lol

+Quote Post

PIYA
post Sep 14 2009, 07:09 AM
Post #51

IM BACK!
Group Icon

well, if the summon is a skill, then you could just change the elements in the database right?
when you click a checkbox and the letters appear, like A,B,C,D,E or something, im pretty sure A means X2 damage.
eh it tells you in the help window in RMVX...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cloud82720
post Sep 14 2009, 07:54 AM
Post #52

Group Icon

QUOTE (PIYA @ Sep 14 2009, 12:09 AM) *
well, if the summon is a skill, then you could just change the elements in the database right?
when you click a checkbox and the letters appear, like A,B,C,D,E or something, im pretty sure A means X2 damage.
eh it tells you in the help window in RMVX...

*sighs* yes yes yes.... but... that doesnt matter because we are NOT adding an element to the SKILL... its in the common event that we are trying to add it to...

we are putting it just like u had, but instead of doing force action, we are using an animation.... then using a variable to have it do a random damage depening on a state that is inflicted on a enemy (setting it so taht if they are in the state "ice", it does half damage, fire they absord, and wind it is double) the only problem is... when we use the spell (the common event) what it does is pick the first state found, and use it against all the enemies in the troop... but it works FINE if u just fight troops of the same type...

do u have a fix for this? does ANYONE have a fix for this?

--------------------

Spoiler:
Chaos Crystals

Characters:

Kale (main):

Age- 21
Sex- Male
Orientation- Straight
Job- Knight Guardsmen

Lillyanna (main's wife):

Age- 19
Sex- Female
Orientation- Straight
Job- Patrol Guard

Scripts:

Classes Available:

Spoiler:

Story - 005%
Characters - 075%
Title - 095%
Equipment - 035%
Items - 030%
Side Quests - 000%
Easter Egg(s) - 000%

+Quote Post

PIYA
post Sep 15 2009, 03:36 AM
Post #53

IM BACK!
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cloud82720 @ Sep 14 2009, 01:54 AM) *
*sighs* yes yes yes.... but... that doesnt matter because we are NOT adding an element to the SKILL... its in the common event that we are trying to add it to...

we are putting it just like u had, but instead of doing force action, we are using an animation.... then using a variable to have it do a random damage depening on a state that is inflicted on a enemy (setting it so taht if they are in the state "ice", it does half damage, fire they absord, and wind it is double) the only problem is... when we use the spell (the common event) what it does is pick the first state found, and use it against all the enemies in the troop... but it works FINE if u just fight troops of the same type...

do u have a fix for this? does ANYONE have a fix for this?

dang thats complicated with common events...
uhmm.. well...
i have no solution for that! ^^"
just make it so there are only ice monsters in an ice place or something, and only fire in a fire place?
thats the only solution i can think of.. sorri~

--------------------

+Quote Post

dorky106
post Oct 25 2009, 10:22 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

how would i be able to get this to work if there isn't 3 members in the party?

+Quote Post

Chocopyro
post Oct 30 2009, 07:12 PM
Post #55

Scatterbrained Insomniac.
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Neutral Good

Looks like a really awesome tutorial.

So how would I go about implementing it with the large party script? Basically I'm supporting 5 characters on the battle field, and I have more in the party reserve, so if I set it to 6 on the battle field, one of the reserved characters would come in.

I guess my question is more, how would I go about having that 6th summon sprite on the field for a turn without disrupting the 5 character limit?

--------------------

Searching for Modern Battlebacks!
SCREW IT! I'm making them now!

+Quote Post

PIYA
post Nov 3 2009, 11:48 PM
Post #56

IM BACK!
Group Icon

QUOTE (dorky106 @ Oct 25 2009, 04:22 PM) *
how would i be able to get this to work if there isn't 3 members in the party?

do you mean something like 4 people or 2 people? just change the script to match the number of people.
if you mean like your at the beginning of the game and you have the first character who can summon and you get more people later on.... then i dont know how to do that... just make the summons appear later or something.

QUOTE (Chocopyro @ Oct 30 2009, 01:12 PM) *
Looks like a really awesome tutorial.

So how would I go about implementing it with the large party script? Basically I'm supporting 5 characters on the battle field, and I have more in the party reserve, so if I set it to 6 on the battle field, one of the reserved characters would come in.

I guess my question is more, how would I go about having that 6th summon sprite on the field for a turn without disrupting the 5 character limit?

okay so with the party reserve script, just set it to how many people you want i guess.
with the battlers on the field, try (during battle) removing the summoner when he/she summons, make the summon appear... blah blah blah... then once the summon is finished remove the summon and add that character back :]

--------------------

+Quote Post

Chocopyro
post Nov 4 2009, 12:52 AM
Post #57

Scatterbrained Insomniac.
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Neutral Good

Ah! Hadn't thought of that one. Thanks!

--------------------

Searching for Modern Battlebacks!
SCREW IT! I'm making them now!

+Quote Post

chriskay
post Nov 7 2009, 05:48 PM
Post #58

Paper artist, doubled as amateur Game developer.
Group Icon

If you win the battle using the summon skill (meaning the last enemy is killed using the summon skill), after the battle is over the summon is not removed! The remove party member has yet to occur and he still got the victory experiences!
How can I get around this?

--------------------

+Quote Post

PIYA
post Nov 7 2009, 06:28 PM
Post #59

IM BACK!
Group Icon

aw crap~ you serious?
then make a another common event with a conditional branch saying if the certain summon is in the party, remove him
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

chriskay
post Nov 7 2009, 06:34 PM
Post #60

Paper artist, doubled as amateur Game developer.
Group Icon

I did too, but it still not working. The battle end, right after the force action command is executed and as the enemy killed by it. It skips straight to the victory scene, and totally skipped the Remove Party Member command. D:

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2014 - 04:49 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.