iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Larger/Taller Char Sprites?, Read entire post for clarification.
jyshin
post Apr 13 2009, 03:59 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

I'm not sure whether there is already a script somewhere for this, but I've tried to find one with no success.

I want to use sprites which don't follow the conventional sprite size and as you probably know - RMVX sprites seem to be all the same size, that is 32 x 32 pixels. I've tried importing charsets with larger sprites, but the highlighting box that defines each sprite doesn't match the size, of course.

So I'm wondering if there is a script, or if one can be made to allow character sprites that are like 32 x 64 (width x height) for example. And have it so that the lower half acts like a regular sprite and the upper half has no collision and appears on top of map tiles. So it gives that illusion that the sprite is tall, and it will share collision on the lower half, just like normal sprites, but allow things to appear or walk behind the top half.

As long as that can be fulfilled, I can mix around sprite sizes and just use the 32x64 or whatever template for all of them. That way even if the actual sprite is only 32 x 50 pixels, the image will have empty space to fill that 32 x 64 area, which is 2 tiles in RMVX.

Yikes, I made it sound complicated, pretty much I just want a script that allows larger char sprites to be used. And if that extra part (wall tiles or table tiles appear behind the top half of the sprite and don't collide) is possible, that would be the best!

Thanks so much!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jasonicus
post Apr 13 2009, 04:03 PM
Post #2

Old Friend
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

As long as you put the sprites in a perfect grid, you can use whatever size you want pretty much. Take a look at the Mack sized characters. They are much larger(32X48) and work with no scripting. This is as simple as just making sure the sprites you use are aligned properly.

--------------------
Trailer for It Came From Yesterday: Click Me

This was made by a dear friend of mine. Any support is appreciated! Also, Like the Facebook page while you're at it: It Came From Yesterday

New and improved official site: ICFY

Swagbucks referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jbart321

+Quote Post

Retired-Pine
post Apr 13 2009, 04:04 PM
Post #3

Not a democracy
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Evil

You don't need a script, VX handles the tall chars the same way it handles short ones. You either add $ to the name or put the tall chars in an 8 chars based sheet

--------------------

Spoiler:

Awards
Spoiler:

Games I support [under construction]
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

poiuiop316
post Aug 18 2009, 02:21 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Type: Spriter

QUOTE (PINEDAVX @ Apr 13 2009, 04:04 PM) *
You don't need a script, VX handles the tall chars the same way it handles short ones. You either add $ to the name or put the tall chars in an 8 chars based sheet

Okay so, if you put a $ in front of seifer or something you could make it huge? oh, and there's a sprite i want you to grade for me, if that's okay with you.
i made a seifer sprite from ff8 and it looks okay but i guess i could had done better, the hair looks kinda' like snot tongue.gif but idk...i made it in photoshop.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mithran
post Aug 18 2009, 03:04 PM
Post #5

Scripter
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: True Neutral

@poiuiop316 - This isnt the place for that. Make your own thread on the correct forum. Also, don't necropost.

This is solved, even though the OP never responded, so I'm closing this.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2014 - 08:46 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.