iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

> Note for Early Project Feedback Threads

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "XeroMX: Awakening Of The World" Free-Roam RPG, Re-Opened and Re-Launched. Beta TBA
MASH_MX
post Apr 20 2009, 09:13 PM
Post #1

"Everyone Is Unique In There Own Defined Way."
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Synopsis
last updated: May 19 2009 (Will be updated for 2013)
As a new adventurer you must embark on your own exploration of huge areas from town to dungeons.
The mysteries of the great and ever expanding world change as you explore and complete difficult tasks.
The entire adventure is up to you, you make your own path in your own light.
Who will you become? A powerful Sword Master?, A evil corrupted Black Magician? There are many choices.
Battle the weakest to the strongest creatures in all variety of areas such as Forests, Deep Dark dungeons and other beautiful created areas.
Every person you meet has something to say. Protect Kingdoms from raids of monsters, Battle vicious bosses.
Rescue Innocent people from invading kingdoms, Carve your own name into the world and be know as a true Adventurer.
Your story starts here in the palms of your hands, you control your destiny.

Features

*See screen Shots*
- Custom Menu System
- Custom Status Menu
- Side View turn based Battle System
- Intractable NPCs and Environment
- Random rewards from chests and quests
- Uniquely designed maps and layouts
- On screen enemy encounters
And Much .. Much More!

World Map

Updated: November 25 2012
Attached File  XeroMXworldmapV1.png ( 386.29K ) Number of downloads: 67

Screen Shots

!!New screenshots coming Soon for 2012/2013!!
Spoiler:
Here The Latest Screen Shots as of October 26 2009.

*note#
Things may change through out the process of the full release.

ProJect XeroMX: "Awakening Of The World" Download

No Demo available yet, Beta testing phase will relaunched TBA.
Apply and Reserve your spot for the Beta and Receive extras during and at launch.

Credits
last updated: May 14 2009
Spoiler:

Thank You To Every One Who's Scripts, Translations
Support, Idea's And Comments I used In The Development
Of My Game. Much Appreciation Mash_MX.
(Full Credit list is still be complied and will also be included with the game.)

Beta Tester Roster
last updated: November 20 2012

Alpha and Beta Testing Phases will relaunch TBA, Anyone interested in applying to test
play the game before public release can do so through PM (Private Message).
Applicants need to Message me first. You will be required to fill out a small form and
submit it with your email to me. If and upon acceptance Applicants will receive confirmation
and also will be notified by e-mail the date if will be available for testing.
Testing is confidential all information obtained or shared about the game is not to be
released to the public, failure to do so will result in removal from testing phase.
Once the phase(s) is/are complete, all testers will be rewarded in-game content and
others things still to be determined as well as be part of the games content creation.
If any questions please PM (Private Message) me, and I will get back to you.
Thank you ~ Mash_MX

XX / XX Slots still available

Spoiler:

N/A

Game Source Idea's
last updated: Never
Spoiler:
I've always been a fan of dungeon crawlers like Diablo, I also loved the fantasy immersion of a complex world like the final fantasy titles.
Then it dawned on me, What if I were to create a never ending and huge beautiful world full of fantasy and let the player role play their own adventure.
I then started writing down ideas, At first I had many thoughts like: This is going to be hard and that I did not have enough imagination.
Yet I was wrong. I have been told by everyone I know that I can make anything possible If I only just stop thinking of what will happen and just do it.
I have planned this for quite some time, Then I saw RMVX. I tired it out and then I saw how much could be done. Later on after a year of off an on experiments with mapping and story line script I started putting together the pieces to make this whole "Free Roaming Fantasy RPG" a reality not just a dream.
That is why I consider my self a Dreamer above all, sure I can do other things but I always dream of new things.
I decided to have this whole game allow ever expanding content after the full release, Which would allow players to carry over old saved data from the old version to the new one just by copy and pasting it. Over the time of putting together this project, I have ran into many problems some not so hard some really stumping which had put me on hold numerous times. I have final got a little piece of this fantasy I was wanting to share and let you the player Experience what I have dream't up.
I have had allot of people doubt that this will be any good and that I cant loosely place the entire story on game play, But I explained that there is story.
The story is built up from the choices of the player through his or her quest decisions which decide how much the character can explorer.
If the player wants to have all the content available they will have to have explored every aspect of the world and done the required tasks.
Near the time of the full release I will be the first one of few who will have a Walk through for all aspects of the game from quests to character classes and areas.
I also have developed a rather crappy but still in progress character evolution chart that the character has complete control over.
The player starts out as a "Adventurer" and then later on can branch of to more interesting Character classes, However this does not stop the player from returning to an old class to expand their variety of skills and magiks. This whole game is for the player to enjoy them selves as they explore a huge fantasy world as they role play themselves.
This is the "XeroMX" Project: Awakening Of The World. First in the series If this one goes well.

Want To Support My Game? Then Copy This Code Into Your Signature.

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=12951&hl="][img]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2475/pxmxuserbar.png[/img][/url]

Thank you for your support.

This post has been edited by MASH_MX: Nov 25 2012, 10:34 AM

--------------------
My Projects:

Other:

Who and what I Support:
Spoiler:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Kizame Mitsuke
post Apr 20 2009, 10:01 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Spriter

Nice Project man , keep it up!

--------------------

Dark Soul

+Quote Post

MASH_MX
post Apr 20 2009, 10:04 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Thank you I did not work on for some time ago, but I finally got a decent computer now so I started back on some of my old games Mods etc...
And This happens to be one i really want to finish or at least make it to the release.
If you have any suggestions comments or concerns then let me know. smile.gif

--------------------
My Projects:

Other:

Who and what I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Ashley Thorpe
post Apr 21 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #4

Court jester
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Hey, nice work so far. Do u have any more map images?
the indoor maps look good, but your outdoor ones look like you're trying to make things too symetrical. Dont worry about that too much tho. good luck with it smile.gif

+Quote Post

Retired-Pine
post Apr 21 2009, 07:51 PM
Post #5

Not a democracy
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Moved to early Development. Keep it up

--------------------

Spoiler:

Awards
Spoiler:

Games I support [under construction]
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

wltr3565
post Apr 22 2009, 09:27 AM
Post #6

The best BAKA ever
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: True Neutral

Unknown name of the Hero, multiple classes to be used, and various quests to complete... Sound's fun. It's better if you let the players change the name of the hero and gender (Male or Female. Just who is the heroine?). This will be a great free-adventuring RPG. Keep this up!

--------------------
This place is empty, just like I restarted myself.

+Quote Post

MASH_MX
post Apr 22 2009, 11:34 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Well I'll be getting more screen shoots soon.
Looking for a few scripts for extra effect and ran into a slight problem when using a graphic to limit the field of view in dungeons.
It still appears in the battle scene and it makes it so u cant see the Background for the battle but this little white spot....
And Always check the first post I will Update that as I go along.

QUOTE (wltr3565 @ Apr 22 2009, 01:27 AM) *
Unknown name of the Hero, multiple classes to be used, and various quests to complete... Sound's fun. It's better if you let the players change the name of the hero and gender (Male or Female. Just who is the heroine?). This will be a great free-adventuring RPG. Keep this up!

Well I Forgot about that part but I was alredy planning to have it so the player chooses gender etc..
Basic-ily the player will be able to decide when he wants to do a quest where he wants to go and how he wants to do it.
The class system Ill be making shortly, already have it planned out used it in a simple demo to see if it would work.
It will be a pure event system for the classes. And the only thing at the moment that is delaying the furthur progress of my game is school and work.
What I have so far is:
35 sprites for each class or character choice.
over 15 scripts used. All credit will be given already made a credits text that will be submitted with my game.
Ultimately my goal is to make my first one a learning experience and it sure has everyone who has submitted to the community has helped me in the progress of ideas.
I read almost every post not just my own because I love to learn new things and see what people have done so i can better my own work through there own experience.

--------------------
My Projects:

Other:

Who and what I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MASH_MX
post Apr 24 2009, 01:12 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Updated First Post.
I will always update the very first post on the game All Ways.

--------------------
My Projects:

Other:

Who and what I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MASH_MX
post Apr 26 2009, 01:46 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Well I did some reworking of my title sets and I liek the new ones.
I also added a few other features. Check out the latest screen shots for visuals on my progress.
Anything that was not changed will be indecated by the screen shots or when the demo comes so you can see for your self.
Still wanting comments and feedback or and suggestions. Thanks Mash_MX
Very small demo might be available tomorrow for a short little while. ( I will be removing like if I post it up tomorrow by the end of the day, So if you want it then come check tomorrow. Like I said tho I might have the demo ready... Not for sure yet since this is a free-roaming RPG . )

--------------------
My Projects:

Other:

Who and what I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MASH_MX
post Apr 26 2009, 07:18 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

---Progress Log---
Tile Set Update 100%
Title Screen Update 100%
Thread Update 80%
Total Areas 0.05%
Total Towns 5.00%
Total Dungeons 8.00%
Features Implemented 10%
Enemy Sprites 5.00%
Player Sprites 99.9%
NPC Sprites 25.0%
Overall Completion 10%
Actual Release on 50% additional content for remainder.
--------------------
Progress On next demo release 15%

This post has been edited by MASH_MX: May 26 2009, 10:44 PM

--------------------
My Projects:

Other:

Who and what I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MASH_MX
post Apr 26 2009, 08:58 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (MASH_MX @ Apr 25 2009, 06:46 PM) *
Well I did some reworking of my title sets and I liek the new ones.
I also added a few other features. Check out the latest screen shots for visuals on my progress.
Anything that was not changed will be indecated by the screen shots or when the demo comes so you can see for your self.
Still wanting comments and feedback or and suggestions. Thanks Mash_MX
Very small demo might be available tomorrow for a short little while. ( I will be removing like if I post it up tomorrow by the end of the day, So if you want it then come check tomorrow. Like I said tho I might have the demo ready... Not for sure yet since this is a free-roaming RPG . )

Well I wont be having the demo released today... frankly its just to short at the moment so I will release it with in a few days once i finish up the next couple maps.
And add some off the missing features and put in the magiks and skills. Any ways I have done a huge update on the music and sounds in the game. They will range from
Nice soft melodies to Hard ragging music. =) Please check back by Thursday at the latest for the demo. Thank you... Mash_MX

--------------------
My Projects:

Other:

Who and what I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Ashley Thorpe
post Apr 28 2009, 07:20 PM
Post #12

Court jester
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

I like the new screenshots dude, especially the new title screen. Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing the released game.

Ash

+Quote Post

MASH_MX
post Apr 29 2009, 06:56 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Due to a problem I had a few days ago I was not able to get the demo ready for this week.
however I would be able to get a demo out right now, but I do not want to release the demo since it would be much to short
in content. The demo at the moment only contains 1 quest, 2 areas and some other small things.
In terms its really not worth a demo release not till i get to add the more important additions. Example The class selection Guild.
Numerous dungeons and monsters, Half a dozen quests and a couple more major areas like towns etc...
If you would really like to try the demo then send me a PM and ill provide you with the link. But I have told you why I don't want to.
Thanks and Sorry Mash_MX

--------------------
My Projects:

Other:

Who and what I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MASH_MX
post May 3 2009, 02:51 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Since I have been working allot the past week I did not even get a chance to work on any parts to my game.... sad.gif
I am going to be changing a few things in the game and adding a few new areas.
Mainly the title screen is going to change again. And The Intro Might change a bit.
I am still designing the first dungeon it will be multi-level, Field of view will keep the dead ends and secrets even more hidden.
This will also add some nice bonus to it. Music has changed again. Now instead of 7 random BGM's for normal Battles theres 2.
Boss battles will all have there own Unique BGM's.... Hopefully I can find out how to do that using events.... ?
Also please Decide what Logo You Like Best to be in my new title screen. laugh.gif the amazing logo's were done by Hanzo Kimura! =)
Rebalanced the very first 2 monsters you encounter... They were a little over powered.
Still debating weather I will be Making 31 Character Bases or Use One. ???
If I use one characters Level will be reset in order to retrain there new class chosen.
If I use 31 Then the character will Not reset their level but will have to purchase all their skills/abilities.
Let me know your choice. And If you need clairifcation then send me a PM.
Mash_MX

--------------------
My Projects:

Other:

Who and what I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

kalez238
post May 6 2009, 02:43 PM
Post #15

Successfully Failing
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Evil

the red and blue one seems very actiony and typical of an rpg! the pin and blue one feels very open and free-worldish, lighthearted. guess it depends on which type of feel your trying to put into the game. i like them both, but my favorite design wise is the red and blue.

--------------------
If you like my art, check out my novel series

+Quote Post

MASH_MX
post May 8 2009, 03:34 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (kalez238 @ May 6 2009, 06:43 AM) *
the red and blue one seems very actiony and typical of an rpg! the pin and blue one feels very open and free-worldish, lighthearted. guess it depends on which type of feel your trying to put into the game. i like them both, but my favorite design wise is the red and blue.

Thanks. =D I liked both of them very much. Needless to say that your opinion happens to be what I was hoping for.
I will most likely use the Red & Blue one for my Logo But as for my title screen it will depend on the background I will be using.
I also must inform the progress of the game was halted due to lack of sleep and and more shifts at work.
I will be starting back on this again. I also picked up some very vertile Ideas from playing guild wars. LOL
The Name of the game XeroMX is in progress of a name change in the future versions after the release of the current.
Logo etc will remain Project XeroMX but will be more known as the new title currently under development.
I will be posting the names for voting soon.
A current name under research is "Perfect World"
Most likely the names of almost 75% of the ones I came up with might have been used by someone else.
I will and am trying to avoid using names that have been copyrighted. If I Use a name that is copyrighted or owned by anyone let me know.
Thanks Mash_MX

--------------------
My Projects:

Other:

Who and what I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MASH_MX
post May 12 2009, 11:05 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Well Since I am not getting any support now on my project I have only been working on it when I felt like it not when I had time.
So all future told dates for a demo and or final release are going to be pushed back, either till I a little steady support or get a team to help out.
In the back of my head I am thinking "This project is going to fail dont even bother with it at all...."
But in that case all the wasted effort would be well.... wasted.
then there is this thought "I seen some other peoples work and there much better then mine should I change mine to be even better? but then I have to start from
almost ground Zero...." Seems like I have alot going on my mind. Any ways I will most likely be putting this a blog now... which means updating freely with out user posts. This thread will or might be closed, deleted, lock or what ever..... Please just some support would be nice....
I went through a major incident a week ago .... but that is to personal to mention.
Any ways Thanks to all the comments ( even tho theres not many) You help alot.
Mash_MX

--------------------
My Projects:

Other:

Who and what I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Skaylea
post May 13 2009, 12:55 PM
Post #18

My theme instantly plays as I enter the room
Group Icon

Type: Designer

I have to say I'm quite worried about this.
It seems like you have put a lot into this, but I don't know how good that free roaming concept will work.
A lot of Rpg Maker games fail to attract players due to weak and / or cliche story lines, and usually in free roaming games the story is looser, how will you keep players interested?
Also it seems that it is heavily influenced by the style of mmorpgs, but it's not online, so it will be hard to keep everything going.
Very interesting indeed.

--------------------

+Quote Post

MASH_MX
post May 14 2009, 01:56 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

well to make this an online game id have to set up a server make a few scripts to allow that functionality and etc... but sadly i do not have the knowledge to make such a script.. I do how ever have a working spare computer that could host the server 24/7. And as for keeping the player attracted there will be lots to do all the time. Loads of quests, Areas, Items, Character Classes etc... Only thing is at this moment when I get the game demo out in a little while next 2 weeks hopefully...
I ll start on the final release and after that it will just be updates that do not interfear with the players save files.
I made that a key function in the game. I can make an update to the game and still have save files work. Example Added more monsters and new dungeons etc...
After that point of the first version being Offline I would try and make the sequel Online... But with help of a few scripters.
But like you said the storyline is loose and the concept is a bit underestimated... But I will give it a try and if at first you don't succeed then try again.
Thanks for the heads up. =D Gave me some motivation there. xD
Mash_MX

--------------------
My Projects:

Other:

Who and what I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MASH_MX
post May 16 2009, 02:37 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

First Post Updated May 15 2009
Mash_MX

--------------------
My Projects:

Other:

Who and what I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 04:20 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.