iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Note for Tutorial Threads

New threads (tutorials) here will go into a moderation queue. You will not see your thread appear when you create it. A moderator will decide if it will be approved or denied.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> [-Other-] Fix Broken Project Files, No need for backing up!
Rating 3 V
CrimsonBurst
post May 23 2009, 10:35 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer

I'm sure that many of you have had a game load in the editor and "not be recognized". I have had a bunch and eventually, I found a way to fix them. All that you have to do is make a new blank project, copy all of the data files, the graphics files, and the audio files into the new projects respective folders. DO NOT copy the configuration settings file as it will cause the same error as the broken file.

There you go, all fixed and ready to be edited once more!

--------------------
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
----------------------------------------------
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

GrandmaDeb
post May 23 2009, 11:28 AM
Post #2

Retired
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

/me grumbles a bit even as she is happy to see the information....

You STILL gotta make back-ups! lol

But this is good news and will help lots of folks! smile.gif

Thanks, Crimson Burst!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jasonicus
post May 23 2009, 12:41 PM
Post #3

Old Friend
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

This is fine, but yes, you still should make backups. It is bad practice not to.

--------------------
Trailer for It Came From Yesterday: Click Me

This was made by a dear friend of mine. Any support is appreciated! Also, Like the Facebook page while you're at it: It Came From Yesterday

New and improved official site: ICFY

Swagbucks referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jbart321

+Quote Post

PIYA
post May 23 2009, 09:13 PM
Post #4

IM BACK!
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

I SHALL NEVER MAKE BACKUPS!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA
nah just kidding... I make makeups whenever I get REALLY far in my project. You never know when the 1 out of 1000 times you DON'T do it is going to be today, or the next, or the next, or the next.......

--------------------

+Quote Post

BigEd781
post May 23 2009, 09:54 PM
Post #5

No method: 'stupid_title' found for 'nil:NilClass`
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Good

I'm just going to add these phrases so that this topic comes up in a search

Failed to load actor data

unexpected file format

As if anyone searches the forums first anyway...

And, like the others have said, this in no way means that you should not make backups. There are many other ways to lose a project.

--------------------
My blog - It's awesome, I assure you
While sloppy writing does not invariably mean sloppy thinking, we've generally found the correlation to be strong -- and we have no use for sloppy thinkers. If you can't yet write competently, learn to. - Eric Raymond

---
My awards for being so awesome
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

PIYA
post May 23 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #6

IM BACK!
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

I always put another copy on my jumpdrive, that way, i can keep track of it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Dimbark
post Aug 9 2009, 10:22 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (CrimsonBurst @ May 23 2009, 11:35 AM) *
I'm sure that many of you have had a game load in the editor and "not be recognized". I have had a bunch and eventually, I found a way to fix them. All that you have to do is make a new blank project, copy all of the data files, the graphics files, and the audio files into the new projects respective folders. DO NOT copy the configuration settings file as it will cause the same error as the broken file.

I did it, I had all maps, all enemies, all of that into my game of Cores Mist 2, and now it corrupted BOTH programs! WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?!?

+Quote Post

Jasonicus
post Aug 9 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #8

Old Friend
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

None of this is guaranteed to work for everyone. You are gonna have to try and salvage what you can by copying over things to a new project. Will take some time and you may need to re-do things, buts thats what happens when you don't make backups.

--------------------
Trailer for It Came From Yesterday: Click Me

This was made by a dear friend of mine. Any support is appreciated! Also, Like the Facebook page while you're at it: It Came From Yesterday

New and improved official site: ICFY

Swagbucks referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jbart321

+Quote Post

Dimbark
post Aug 9 2009, 11:56 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (Jasonicus @ Aug 9 2009, 11:56 PM) *
None of this is guaranteed to work for everyone. You are gonna have to try and salvage what you can by copying over things to a new project. Will take some time and you may need to re-do things, buts thats what happens when you don't make backups.

That is exactlt what makes me mad!!!! Waaaa!!!!! I was sooooo far into it!!!!!!!!!!! I was gonna make the underworld where you fight your last boss fight!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post

CrimsonBurst
post Aug 10 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (Dimbark @ Aug 9 2009, 05:56 PM) *
That is exactlt what makes me mad!!!! Waaaa!!!!! I was sooooo far into it!!!!!!!!!!! I was gonna make the underworld where you fight your last boss fight!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I admire that you could get that far! (I normally go for about a couple of days to a couple of months, to many possibilities!)

--------------------
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

+Quote Post

Svoltzilla
post Aug 10 2009, 02:15 PM
Post #11

But soon enough you will care by the time I'm done.
Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: True Neutral

QUOTE (CrimsonBurst @ Aug 10 2009, 06:52 AM) *
I admire that you could get that far! (I normally go for about a couple of days to a couple of months, to many possibilities!)

...you admire someone who basically just threw a hissy fit on an internet forum... because they forgot to make backups... right.

--------------------
Click here to find some great resources and VX help. Click here to listen to my music.

Other great games:
Gettin' Dizzy! by MrAnonymous
Ravenwood Horror by Min Chan

+Quote Post

CrimsonBurst
post Aug 10 2009, 02:54 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Whatever!

--------------------

+Quote Post

DaveyB
post Nov 2 2009, 08:10 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (CrimsonBurst @ May 23 2009, 10:35 AM) *

You're a saint and a scholar. Should have thought of it myself but thanks a bunch! Back to the drawing board for me.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 11:47 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.