iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Inferno (new) - updated 08August, Latest update - New Mapping Screenshots
mithos
post Jun 7 2009, 09:30 PM
Post #1

Meowthos the zombie cat!!
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Lawful Good

*In the Beginning*
Spoiler:

Once, long ago, Humans ruled the land of Achar.
The Humans were happy and lived peacefully. The land was lush and fruitful.
Then, one day, a travesty hit the land. A powerful daemon named Chimera was summoned by an apprentice mage. The land fell into war.
Chimera felt Achar was fit only for destruction. The land's magic was weak and the creatures were pitiful. All seemed lost, until...
The King of the land made a deal with Chimara's lieutenants. The lieutenants would rather rules this world than serve Chimera in another.
The daemons would assist in the downfall of Chimera. In exchange, the land would be divided between the daemons. Chimera was defeated, and the daemons went to claim their prize.
But the Humans betrayed the daemon lieutenants. When the daemons came to claim their prize they were attacked. And thus begain a new war.
After a long and bloody battle, the daemons emerged victorious. They divided the land between the seven of them, and took their place as ruler. However, the humans had one final card to play. As each daemon entered his castle, a trap was sprung to seal them in the castle, and the keys to their release were spread across the land.

*The Daemon Times*
Spoiler:

Since the daemons were trapped the land has changed drastically. The daemons opened portals to their home world to allow magic to seep into the land. This magic has allowed the daemons to shape the land to their liking - and they rule over the land through their minions. The power of these minions is limited, however, as the daemon lords (as they now call themselves) fear a betrayal similar to their own. The additional magic, however, has also allowed human magic to develope. The seals on the daemon lords' castles have been strengthened to counter their increased power, and small groups have formed to fight the tyrranical rule of the daemons.

*Organizations and People*
Spoiler:

The Daemon Lords - The seven daemons who now rule Achar, they were once lieutenants to Chimera. They are:

Tiamat - A fire daemon who believes any problem can be solved by the direct application of brute force

Chronos - A powerful Shadow daemon. Little is known about his methoods.

Kraken - a water daemon - description unfinished

Metatron - a daemon of light, but still completely evil. He is running secret experiments into human/daemon crossbreeds

Zaranj - a spirit daemon with the power of possesion

Treant - an earth daemon - description unfinished

Garuda - a wind daemon - descrittion unfinished

The Horde - An organisation running out of Sihosta, headed by Jason, that attempts to fight the rule of the daemons.

The Clan - An organisation running out of Falun, headed by Ivan, that attempts to fight the rule of the daemons. They occasionally work with the Horde.

The Eyes of Zaranj - Apparrently a cult - Zaranj controls them by possesion - allowing him more influence in the world.

Archangel - a covert operation run by Metatron - hidden even from the other daemons. This creates new races from combinations of humans and daemons.

Eudoxus - A mysterious man travelling the land. He normally appears calm and calculating, but can be angered by the slightest thing and when angry he becomes completely psychotic. He is in fact completely insane. His past, goals and motives are unknown.

Nami: A girl from the town of Sihosta, she is quiet and reserved. She does not allow herself to get exited, and rather than accept facts she always questions what has happened. She is also often caught daydreaming. Dispite this she sticks to the task at hand and does not like distractions. Nor does she like having no clear path available to her. She is able to equip swords and to learn magic that is shadow typed.

Navu: Nami's younger brother, he is the exact opposite of his sister. He takes things as they come and rarely considers why things happen. He is easily exited and enjoys adventure. Nami considers him immature but others find him fun to be around, especially as he maintains his demeanor in difficult times. He casts water magic, and when at home can often be found playing with the pond, creating fountains and the like. He is able to wield spears and axes, and is a capable fighter despite Nami's view of him.

Shierode: A warrior from the town of Pyre, he is the strongest in the village and he knows it. He never backs down from a challenge and is fairly cocky with it. He is very loyal though, and as he is older than Nami or Navu, his experience is useful to them early on in their adventure. He casts fire magic, and wields axes and clubs. Nami and Navu initially encounter him trying to single handedly take on a devil that is harrassing the town on tiamats behalf. He would have been killed had the other two not come to his rescue, and as such has a great deal of trust and respect for them.

Oscar: "He's just a kid..." - Nami. Oscar is the youngest character, at 8 years old. He is excitable and always full of energy. Life in the forest, however, has gifted Oscar with speed and intelligence that would not be expected in one so young. He is adept at finding hidden passages and alternative solutions to a problem. He wields both staffs and bows that he crafts from branches, and can use earth magics.

Lily: Lily is a Feline create by archangel. part human, part cat-daemon, she has exceptional speed and dexterity. She is graceful and almost dances as she fights with any kind of sword. She is also able to use light magic.

Kiara: A witch from Nosta. Living in the harshness of the desert has left her without care for the rest of the world. She joins the group in order to increase her power after she is unable to save her mentor from death after his battle with Zaranj's minions.

Ivan: The oldest of the Party. He uses wind type magics. He is capable of weilding spears and bows, and knows a great deal about the land, it's history, places and people. He also heads the Clan.

Aiesha: Nami's eldest sister, she is kidnapped by Chronos - causing Jason to lead the Horde on a suicide mission.

Jason: Aiesha, Nami and Navu's father. He leads the Horde n the ongoing battle against the daemons.

*Achar*
Spoiler:

Sihosta: a small town near the mountains. The Horde's hq is located here. Jason chose it for it's proximity to Slaab- to make attacks easier. a netwoork of tunnels and caves lead up into the mountains, and also to the cellar of a Horde member's shop in Slaab.
Pyre/Bloodspire - Pyre is a town located at the bottom of the volcano Bloodspire. Bloodspire was dormant until tiamat chose it as his residence. The mountanous region surrouding is home to bandits and outcasts, both human and daemon.
Slaab - the capital city of Achar: Chronos has taken up residence in the castle. The streets are patrolled by daemons who take any excuse to attack/harrass humans.
Falun - A northern, snow-covered town. Ivan chose it as the Clan hq as it is far away from any daemon stongholds and therefore easy to defend.
Tara - a town near the woods - ruled over by Treant.
Nosta - The desert camp that is home of Kiara. They choose to live outside the city to escape some of the influence of Zaranj.
The Kinorkan Islands - a group of islands south-west of Achar. Kraaken has made his home here.
Lenya - A city-fortress ruled by Metatron. Within it live the creations of Archangel. Entering or leaving the city is prohibited.
Lutsk An island that was north-east of Achar, Garuda made his home here and used his magic to lift the island into the sky.

*Screenshots*
Spoiler:

The Horde's armory.

The blacksmith's

Sihosta (very small village)

The Horde HQ

Inn

Support Bar

copy and paste the code into your sig to support me
CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=15142"][img]http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt281/mithosvx/Infernobar.png[/img][/url]

All comments and suggestions are welcome smile.gif

Credits
Spoiler:

Scripts and translations of scripts
KGC
Touchfuzzy
Mr.Anonymous
Yanfly

Title screen and Game Over
Hobonicus

Facesets and Sprites
Ruruga
Avadan

Battlers
PentagonBuddy

other
Enterbrain (obviously)

This post has been edited by mithos: Aug 8 2010, 01:19 PM

--------------------
I've been away for a while. Here's my really quite old stuff
Spoiler:

If it's in one of my threads you can use it so long as you read this, and give me a link to any derivatives (i.e. works based off mine). Credit Mithos.
Full legal bit
(Click image for human-readable version :P )
My Stuff:
My Games:
Spoiler:

Story <60%> Mapping<20%> Art<80%> Scripts<97%> Database<50%>
The Legend of Zelda: Restoration of Time Story<20%> Mapping<0%> Art<2%> Scripts<70%> Database<0%>
Absolute Power Story<21%> Mapping<0%> Art<2%> Scripts<0%> Database<0%>

My Sprites:
My Scripts:
I support:
Spoiler:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Dyblee
post Jun 7 2009, 09:36 PM
Post #2

Not In Solistra's Fan Club
Group Icon

I like how the maps have little descriptions and the characters seem very well thought out.
this game seems to have a good storyline

--------------------

Currently Working On
Spoiler:

Thanks MidnightAssasin For the Userbar

I Support
Spoiler:

Send me Your user bars and i will Support it

+Quote Post

Confederacy
post Jun 7 2009, 11:25 PM
Post #3

Hello, my sweet lil' honey bee.
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Why did you just spoil the ending? And work up on your mapping skills, the areas are way to empty.

--------------------

Games (they have links! Click them!): Coming soon with *truly* remarkable games!
Oh oh oh, can I contribute to this conversation!?
I have an opinion about a game.

You're an idiot!

+Quote Post

Koydith Ametrya
post Jun 8 2009, 12:23 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Neutral Good

I don't want to seem rude, but the story seems pretty repetitive (as in collect shards of something, the "elements", the prophecy, the ending with the evil dude revealing a "true form")
Also I agree with Confederacy

+Quote Post

mithos
post Jun 8 2009, 09:16 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Well the ending was in a spoiler box with a great big SPOILER ALERT above it. if you didn't want to know you shouldn't have read it. And yeah it seems like a lot of other RPGs just with a slightly different story but they're popular for a reason, don't fix what isn't broken in my opinion.

What exactly could i do to make the maps less empty? Do they need more people wandering around or more bushes or what? the maps are at a fairly early stage right now because i've been working mainly on the database to start with, so that when i get there chests can be filled and monsters placed immediately without having to worry about balancing them as that is already sorted.

--------------------
Spoiler:

If it's in one of my threads you can use it so long as you read this, and give me a link to any derivatives (i.e. works based off mine). Credit Mithos.
Full legal bit
My Stuff:
My Games:
Spoiler:

The Legend of Zelda: Restoration of Time Story<20%> Mapping<0%> Art<2%> Scripts<70%> Database<0%>

My Sprites:
My Scripts:
I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

StartatZero
post Jun 8 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Sounds like a simple, yet fun game smile.gif . The characters seem like they have personality which is always good, Navu's sprite is supposed to be for a girl I think though. I don't think you should post the ending though, temptation got the best of me and I read it lol, a good twist though biggrin.gif. Your maps are not bad, but you should add in some more details, (plants, rocks, barrels etc..).

--------------------
Games that are awesome-

+Quote Post

mithos
post Jun 8 2009, 08:02 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Okay, I'm starting work proper on the maps when I get time. I'll try to add more stuff. I've already completely redone the house from the second screenshot. I also have an extra twist in the ending that I'm not revealing, that'll make it a bit different from the generic RPG (cos it's not something that I've seen done before) and will give people who can't resist reading the spoiler something to look forward to. Navu's sprite isn't fixed either, it's just the one I'm using atm. It needed changing anyway cos Navu's battler/face look nothing like the sprite.

--------------------
Spoiler:

Full legal bit
My Stuff:
My Games:
Spoiler:

My Sprites:
My Scripts:
I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Confederacy
post Jun 8 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #8

Hello, my sweet lil' honey bee.
Group Icon

QUOTE (mithos @ Jun 8 2009, 03:16 AM) *
Well the ending was in a spoiler box with a great big SPOILER ALERT above it. if you didn't want to know you shouldn't have read it. And yeah it seems like a lot of other RPGs just with a slightly different story but they're popular for a reason, don't fix what isn't broken in my opinion.

What exactly could i do to make the maps less empty? Do they need more people wandering around or more bushes or what? the maps are at a fairly early stage right now because i've been working mainly on the database to start with, so that when i get there chests can be filled and monsters placed immediately without having to worry about balancing them as that is already sorted.

I disagree. The "generic" stories have been done to death to the point where it became broken. And there's no such thing as fixing something that isn't broken in a plot. Cause if you do, then people will lose interest in the story and won't really have any motivation to continue playing.

As for the mapping. Add more vegetation, decals, whatever, how many times have you walked into to town just to find the town empty with only houses and a road? Or a mountain with barely any trees and no rocks?

This post has been edited by Confederacy: Jun 8 2009, 10:25 PM

--------------------

Games (they have links! Click them!): Coming soon with *truly* remarkable games!
Oh oh oh, can I contribute to this conversation!?
I have an opinion about a game.

You're an idiot!

+Quote Post

mithos
post Jun 8 2009, 10:47 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (Confederacy @ Jun 8 2009, 11:25 PM) *
I disagree. The "generic" stories have been done to death to the point where it became broken. And there's no such thing as fixing something that isn't broken in a plot. Cause if you do, then people will lose interest in the story and won't really have any motivation to continue playing.

As for the mapping. Add more vegetation, decals, whatever, how many times have you walked into to town just to find the town empty with only houses and a road? Or a mountain with barely any trees and no rocks?

Meh, the story will be good enough to be compelling, believe me. As for the maps - oops. I was being really careful not to leave them blank and to include details, and took perhaps the worst screenshots I could possible have done to show it. More screenies and a demo are on they're way. Sould more accurately represent the game.

--------------------
Spoiler:

Full legal bit
My Stuff:
My Games:
Spoiler:

My Sprites:
My Scripts:
I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

mithos
post Jun 10 2009, 11:55 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

New screeny and changed Nvu's sprite smile.gif

--------------------
Spoiler:

Full legal bit
My Stuff:
My Games:
Spoiler:

My Sprites:
My Scripts:
I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

hljmdjrs
post Jun 11 2009, 01:40 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Thankiossk Cool!

--------------------
My god ,i pray u can give me some dofus kamas

+Quote Post

mithos
post Oct 3 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Update Bump.

Added New (hopefully better) screenies + updated story. All of the story update is well hidden in spoiler boxes so if you don't want to know DON'T READ IT. Please don't complain if you do.

P.S. sorry it's been a while. broken pc huh.gif

EDIT: Demo uploaded 04 October 2009

This post has been edited by mithos: Apr 8 2010, 08:38 AM

--------------------
Spoiler:

Full legal bit
My Stuff:
My Games:
Spoiler:

My Sprites:
My Scripts:
I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

mithos
post Oct 29 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Update bump smile.gif

--------------------
Spoiler:

Full legal bit
My Stuff:
My Games:
Spoiler:

My Sprites:
My Scripts:
I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

moneymenace
post Nov 3 2009, 01:55 PM
Post #14

Moneymenace makes music more than moss. /=
Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: True Neutral

I really like your battle system, interesting way of putting it like rpgxp's. I like the idea of the opening of seals. (Even it is cliched) I'll play when I get back home, and then I'll write a review of what I think.

--------------------

Fix your variables here! So you can go to bed with no more nightmares.

+Quote Post

silversnake
post Nov 4 2009, 03:30 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

I like your battle screens.
I think the screenshot with the tavern looks a bit weird with carpet. I dont think ive ever been to a bar with carpet.

--------------------
My Game
I support

+Quote Post

mithos
post Nov 4 2009, 03:37 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (silversnake @ Nov 4 2009, 03:30 PM) *
I like your battle screens.
I think the screenshot with the tavern looks a bit weird with carpet. I dont think ive ever been to a bar with carpet.

Good point. I'll have to tweak that.

--------------------
Spoiler:

Full legal bit
My Stuff:
My Games:
Spoiler:

My Sprites:
My Scripts:
I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

mithos
post Jan 6 2010, 02:17 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Okay I'm starting up on this again. Major story overhaul and mapping redo on the way.

--------------------
Spoiler:

Full legal bit
My Stuff:
My Games:
Spoiler:

My Sprites:
My Scripts:
I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

mithos
post Jan 17 2010, 05:30 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

As mapping seems to be the biggest problem so far, I've been redoing them one by one. New screenshots of the mapping are up (and I promptly missed my favorite map - oh well, too lazy to bother with that right now tongue.gif )

Also the scripts are being completely redone (along with the magic mechanics) so expect something on that soon.

Finally I've taken down the demo cos it was so far out of date (none of the story, mapping or gameplay matched what I have now)

Comments/suggestions please smile.gif

--------------------
Spoiler:

Full legal bit
My Stuff:
My Games:
Spoiler:

My Sprites:
My Scripts:
I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

mithos
post Apr 8 2010, 08:38 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Update bump - added more to the story. Comments are welcome.

--------------------
Spoiler:

Full legal bit
My Stuff:
My Games:
Spoiler:

My Sprites:
My Scripts:
I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

mithos
post Jul 26 2010, 11:58 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Completely restarted. new story - have a read smile.gif new maps,screenies,sprites etc. soon

--------------------
Spoiler:

Full legal bit
My Stuff:
My Games:
Spoiler:

My Sprites:
My Scripts:
I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 06:29 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.