iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Notes for Complete Game Threads

This forum is for completed RPG Maker VX games. Please do not post threads about games being made in other engines here.

34 Pages V  « < 31 32 33 34 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Lore of Lorewyn, 25-35 hours of gameplay, all original music
red_kitsune
post Feb 18 2012, 05:18 PM
Post #641

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Neutral Evil

i like the game it's very good! wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Yury157
post Mar 14 2012, 02:04 PM
Post #642

Group Icon

First,

I want to thank you for the excellent job

and second

i can't find Great Hedge Maze! please help me guys

and sorry for my bad english

+Quote Post

Yury157
post Mar 17 2012, 08:27 PM
Post #643

Group Icon

script crystal lighting line 121: no methoderror ocurred.

undefined method real x for nil:NiLClass

Can someone help me here please?

I played 21 hours already i can't lost this game

+Quote Post

shinygem
post Mar 20 2012, 09:55 AM
Post #644

Group Icon

Type: Writer

What was the name of the battle sysytem? Did you make it or is their an actual name besides SBS Because I can't find the battle system anywhere!

Thanks!

+Quote Post

Arun
post Mar 27 2012, 07:12 AM
Post #645

Group Icon

Hi Bastian,
Wow, first of all, great game... It appears that the full version with minimum bugs is around 2 years old and that you have updated it around 6 months back with some tweaks with last update in Dec 2011 end... I only got it recently with my awareness of RPG Maker being new...

I cant believe I went through 30+ pages of posting in this thread... I am slightly stuck (not stuck per se, but not sure of which action to do) after beating Radasol twice in the Castle... I will come back to that a little later in my post, but first, let me give my comments (dont think I am giving only negative points - in general I am enjoying the game, only the following minor issues are reducing it...

1. Awesome game so far, even though battles become a bit repetitive after a point, the other things in the game are worth continuing on...
2. I am unable to adjust screen size if the screen is windowed. I dont always want to play in full screen, but in windowed state, I would like to increase the window size to the maximum space that does not obstruct other things. Right now, that is not possible
3. In many RPG games, levelling up of a character restores health and mana. Some dont. You appear to have chosen the latter. As a player, I would have preferred the former. But no big deal... Healing is easy and water is available in plenty to drink (unlike the Ancient Mariner)
4. When we get items from the chests, trees, etc, the information is provided twice. For example, when you draw water from the well, we first get a message in the center saying "Water" and then another in the bottom saying "You drew water from the well". Is it really necessary for both messages? It really slows down the progress when there are many chests (esp. if you look at the castle past the Bridge of Light where there are plenty of empty chests, the double message routine makes it weary)
5. In the castle past the Bridge of Light,
Spoiler:
Is it only to gain some basic spells and get Sylea in your group, or did I miss some other secret weapon?

6. Travelling in the interiors of castles, caves, etc where saving is disabled except at save points can become tiresome when such areas are very large
7. In a related note, when you meet Radasol in the castle, after Baeon rejoins you, you need to get the key, go to adjacent room for the items in the chest, then return the way you came upto the save point at main hall entrance. From there, you can enter the main hall and meet Radasol but even if you have the key, you cannot open the door from inside before fighting Radasol.
8. A bit before Baeon rejoins you in the castle, there is a locked chest. On pressing action key at it, it opens, then the game informs that the chest is locked and then the chest closes again. The same issue is there when you visit Garden of Serenity and select the entry but then decide not to enter.
9. In one of the Youtube videos, I saw that Double Attack works against two random enemies. But when I play, it randomly hits one character once. Not sure if damage is larger to match two hits...
10. There is a spelling mistake in Yasian's dialogue during fight with Radasol - I think the word repercussions is misspelt
11. As I understand, you are supposed to get Sylea in your team before heading to the cave and the SuckYouBus is a means to ensure that. However, I believe you have one way to circumvent -
Spoiler:
I think if you use Grapes of Wrath, you do about 18k damage to it. I had Sylea in my team but was struggling so I was trying it out. Went back and tried again without using the Grapes of Wrath and managed to beat her with some difficulty.

Spoiler:
Did not first understand the using crystal to light up the caves bit - managed to completely go through the cavern without the light though had a tough time... If possible, you can have the items menu come up as soon as you are near a crystal in the cave so that first timers are guided.

13. What is recommended level of the players before meeting Radasol in the castle - All except Yasian keep getting killed with single shot of lore making the battle tough - Managed to beat Radasol with only Yasian around, but more than half the time is spent in healing and raising. Further, I think Yasian casts Healall just before starting second fight - but if the other party members are all knocked out, that is not very helpful.
Spoiler:
I reloaded a save point just before the fight in order to reconfirm the instructions from the prince after defeating Radasol. This time, having gone through the posts, I tried to lose and let Yasian also be knocked out. Then the fight was much easier...

14. Can I post a spoiler with a list of weaknesses (Fire/Ice/Bolt) of each monster type? I have made a list upto where I have played, but not yet worked out those of the mages in the castle only. If it is not okay for you, I wont post it...
15. Upto the fight with Radasol in the castle, the map for fairly linear despite having full world to explore. After the fight, however, with the availability of the magic carpet, travel can be anywhere, so found it a bit confusing how to proceed.
16. Information received from various NPCs about the quests (main or side) should be made repeatable so that any person, stuck at some point, can go back and check if they missed something in the instruction/info.

Finally, my doubt regarding how to proceed from my situation:
Spoiler:
After beating Spirits of Wind and Water, is Fire the next one or can we go for the Earth dragon in Icus isle from there directly? I can go to icus isle but unable to meet the monster. Where do I find Sylar again? Met his sister in the Valarez town, so not sure if I should meet him somewhere and have him join me before going into the mines or if he comes later.

Thanks again for a great game,
Arun

This post has been edited by Arun: Mar 27 2012, 08:08 AM

+Quote Post

Arun
post Mar 30 2012, 11:50 AM
Post #646

Group Icon

Hi Bastian,
I continued the game based on my assumption and finished the mine and the Lorian village... I then went to the Castle, where I faced some spelling mistakes and bugs as listed below.

1. Spelling mistakes:
A. Guard at Castle throne room entrance says "Come back tomorrow if you wish audiance with King Loremar" -
i. audiance should be audience
ii. "wish audiance" should be "wish for an audience"
B. Talk to King - bretheren should be brethren, "They key, silly girl" should be 'The key, silly girl"

2. Logical mistakes.
A. If you change into regular clothes after entering the Lorian castle, it does not affect the dialogues and events.
B. Yasian has Sleep (6 mp) and Sleeping breath (20 mp) are they different. Similarly, poison and foul stench (both 10 mp) seem to be same...
C. Choices are given in the dialogue but there is no change in other's dialogues. If your reply for Baeon's disappearance varies from Disinterested to Worried, the answer from Mia should be changed preferably even if further actions can be worked out the same. Also, if I remember correctly, you can say "I dont care" and she replies "I see... No I dont think...." - that doesnt sound like proper dialogue...

3. Game breaking bug.
I have got the same bug as posted by Yury157... Here's how it happened the first time - Saved just before Beanstalk is obtained. Wanted to check if I missed something inside the castle, so, just after I got teleported to the front of the castle, I reloaded it. Gave -
"Script 'crystal Lighting' line 121:NoMethodError occured.
undefined method 'real_x' for nil:NilClass"
So, I reloaded an earlier save game. This time, I had saved at the inn inside castle and when I was battling the Ice Siren, I had some bad damage and I wanted to redo. When I reloaded this error reoccured.
I had backed up the earlier save game. So, I went again, and proceeded past the old castle and went to the faery land. I had got shrunk and visited the first village. Saved it at the inn in there... Closed the game and then returned a bit later to be revisited by the error.
If you want, I have the save game of the first and third error. Didnt backup second error.

4. Minor Annoyance - Using shovel in the mines was annoying due to number of keypresses to effect it. Thankfully, there were not too many times I had to do it. Also, the save points in the mines and below were well distributed to reduce annoyance for me which I had mentioned in my earlier post...

Arun

+Quote Post

GearSecond
post Apr 8 2012, 03:47 PM
Post #647

Group Icon

Hi bastian, the game is fabolus...and i am stuck in one place, i cant find what i have to do with this words
When the soot
of the roal
fruit of raimbows
from each fire
only then
place is gathered
will you enter
and used to
in the inn
make the mark
once again
on the door

My primary language its not english...could you help me?

+Quote Post

Arun
post Apr 11 2012, 01:59 PM
Post #648

Group Icon

QUOTE (GearSecond @ Apr 8 2012, 09:17 PM) *
Hi bastian, the game is fabolus...and i am stuck in one place, i cant find what i have to do with this words
When the soot
of the roal
fruit of raimbows
from each fire
only then
place is gathered
will you enter
and used to
in the inn
make the mark
once again
on the door

My primary language its not english...could you help me?

You have to
Spoiler:
Enter every house in the village, go to the fire place and fight the soot spirit there... Then, you will get soot after defeating each spirit. After collecting soot from all the houses, you return to the inn entrance. You will be asked what you want to draw. The answer, hidden in the cryptic message noted by you is (the shape of the royal fruit). Once you correctly select the shape to draw, the door to the inn will open

+Quote Post

noskk
post Apr 13 2012, 01:07 PM
Post #649

Group Icon

Hi I get this error when I'm trying to load the game:

Script 'crystal Lighting' line 121: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'real_x' for nil:NilClass

I think I saved it in the world map after I got Drake and Wizard. Is there anything that can be done? thanks..

This is the same error from Yury157 and Arun

This post has been edited by noskk: Apr 13 2012, 01:51 PM

+Quote Post

bastian
post May 12 2012, 11:23 PM
Post #650

Group Icon

QUOTE (Arun @ Mar 27 2012, 08:12 AM) *
Hi Bastian,
Wow, first of all, great game... It appears that the full version with minimum bugs is around 2 years old and that you have updated it around 6 months back with some tweaks with last update in Dec 2011 end... I only got it recently with my awareness of RPG Maker being new...

I cant believe I went through 30+ pages of posting in this thread... I am slightly stuck (not stuck per se, but not sure of which action to do) after beating Radasol twice in the Castle... I will come back to that a little later in my post, but first, let me give my comments (dont think I am giving only negative points - in general I am enjoying the game, only the following minor issues are reducing it...

1. Awesome game so far, even though battles become a bit repetitive after a point, the other things in the game are worth continuing on...
2. I am unable to adjust screen size if the screen is windowed. I dont always want to play in full screen, but in windowed state, I would like to increase the window size to the maximum space that does not obstruct other things. Right now, that is not possible
3. In many RPG games, levelling up of a character restores health and mana. Some dont. You appear to have chosen the latter. As a player, I would have preferred the former. But no big deal... Healing is easy and water is available in plenty to drink (unlike the Ancient Mariner)
4. When we get items from the chests, trees, etc, the information is provided twice. For example, when you draw water from the well, we first get a message in the center saying "Water" and then another in the bottom saying "You drew water from the well". Is it really necessary for both messages? It really slows down the progress when there are many chests (esp. if you look at the castle past the Bridge of Light where there are plenty of empty chests, the double message routine makes it weary)
5. In the castle past the Bridge of Light,
Spoiler:
Is it only to gain some basic spells and get Sylea in your group, or did I miss some other secret weapon?

6. Travelling in the interiors of castles, caves, etc where saving is disabled except at save points can become tiresome when such areas are very large
7. In a related note, when you meet Radasol in the castle, after Baeon rejoins you, you need to get the key, go to adjacent room for the items in the chest, then return the way you came upto the save point at main hall entrance. From there, you can enter the main hall and meet Radasol but even if you have the key, you cannot open the door from inside before fighting Radasol.
8. A bit before Baeon rejoins you in the castle, there is a locked chest. On pressing action key at it, it opens, then the game informs that the chest is locked and then the chest closes again. The same issue is there when you visit Garden of Serenity and select the entry but then decide not to enter.
9. In one of the Youtube videos, I saw that Double Attack works against two random enemies. But when I play, it randomly hits one character once. Not sure if damage is larger to match two hits...
10. There is a spelling mistake in Yasian's dialogue during fight with Radasol - I think the word repercussions is misspelt
11. As I understand, you are supposed to get Sylea in your team before heading to the cave and the SuckYouBus is a means to ensure that. However, I believe you have one way to circumvent -
Spoiler:
I think if you use Grapes of Wrath, you do about 18k damage to it. I had Sylea in my team but was struggling so I was trying it out. Went back and tried again without using the Grapes of Wrath and managed to beat her with some difficulty.

Spoiler:
Did not first understand the using crystal to light up the caves bit - managed to completely go through the cavern without the light though had a tough time... If possible, you can have the items menu come up as soon as you are near a crystal in the cave so that first timers are guided.

13. What is recommended level of the players before meeting Radasol in the castle - All except Yasian keep getting killed with single shot of lore making the battle tough - Managed to beat Radasol with only Yasian around, but more than half the time is spent in healing and raising. Further, I think Yasian casts Healall just before starting second fight - but if the other party members are all knocked out, that is not very helpful.
Spoiler:
I reloaded a save point just before the fight in order to reconfirm the instructions from the prince after defeating Radasol. This time, having gone through the posts, I tried to lose and let Yasian also be knocked out. Then the fight was much easier...

14. Can I post a spoiler with a list of weaknesses (Fire/Ice/Bolt) of each monster type? I have made a list upto where I have played, but not yet worked out those of the mages in the castle only. If it is not okay for you, I wont post it...
15. Upto the fight with Radasol in the castle, the map for fairly linear despite having full world to explore. After the fight, however, with the availability of the magic carpet, travel can be anywhere, so found it a bit confusing how to proceed.
16. Information received from various NPCs about the quests (main or side) should be made repeatable so that any person, stuck at some point, can go back and check if they missed something in the instruction/info.

Finally, my doubt regarding how to proceed from my situation:
Spoiler:
After beating Spirits of Wind and Water, is Fire the next one or can we go for the Earth dragon in Icus isle from there directly? I can go to icus isle but unable to meet the monster. Where do I find Sylar again? Met his sister in the Valarez town, so not sure if I should meet him somewhere and have him join me before going into the mines or if he comes later.

Thanks again for a great game,
Arun

Wow! Thanks for your detailed spelling errors and such report! I'll take some time to update those just before the launch of the sequel.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ease30
post May 13 2012, 06:49 AM
Post #651

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Neutral Good

i really like the monster on standby mode breathing. good job i wanna download it.

--------------------
I Support:

+Quote Post

emptysoul1983
post May 19 2012, 05:00 AM
Post #652

Group Icon

I just want to start off and say, it has been a little while since I have messed around with the RPG Maker scene. I downloaded a few games a few months back and they didn't keep me interested for long. I must say though, I have made it as far as the gate to the tower to get the Runic Ax and I am hooked. I look forward to playing more even though I have only spent around 3 hours playing. There is a little bit of leveling up needed in the game but it isn't endless grinding at all.

The story atm isn't really anything new but I hope to see that change soon. You said yourself that it may seem like your typical RPG story line and I can't wait for that story arc, that is what is keeping me playing. Your soundtrack is killer and I enjoy it. The town music is so tranquil that I could just sit there and listen to it and fall asleep if I really wanted to. The battle music is quite awesome and the over world tune makes me not want to enter the next battle just because of how much I enjoy it.

I have made attempts at making a few RPGs in the past on the Playstation 1 RPG Maker. I always made it to almost completion and just gave up on it. I downloaded RPG Maker VX a couple nights ago and now am in the process of making a game myself thanks to you. You have peeked my interest in making an RPG once again thanks to this Gem you have given this community.

I also couldn't help but notice the mention of a sequel. I guess I better get my ass moving and get through the first one before you start on the second. Great game though you have here. You have some mad talent and hope that I can create a game half as good as this. Keep up the great work. When I finally finish the game I will do a complete review of it. It's amazing that people are still playing and talking about your game even after almost 3 years since your first post on this game. That's when you know your good man.

PS: I also forgot to mention, nice reference to Final Fantasy 2/4, I loved it. And the LotR reference about made me hit the floor. Great stuff man.

This post has been edited by emptysoul1983: May 19 2012, 05:05 AM

--------------------
Thank you CAB_333 for this sig

Please add this to your sig and show this game some support!
CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=54934&hl="][img]http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/66/75/advent10.png[/img][/url]

+Quote Post

bastian
post May 27 2012, 03:38 AM
Post #653

Group Icon

@emptysoul1983

Thanks for the kind words! It really does surprise me that three years later people are still discovering this game and playing and enjoying it.

As far as the sequel, truth be told I started the sequel almost immediately after I finished the first game but only got so far as coming up with the basic plot and the basic overworld(s) before I stopped and started working on a different game. And then stopped working on that different game and started on yet another, and so on. tongue.gif

However, now that I've picked up VX Ace, I've been hard at work on the sequel once again as of last week. It won't be done any time soon, though, so no need to worry.

--------------------

+Quote Post

red_kitsune
post Jun 12 2012, 01:54 PM
Post #654

Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Evil

the game is very good i'm at the part of the darkness world wink.gif

+Quote Post

liza
post Jul 7 2012, 07:39 PM
Post #655

Group Icon

Just wanted to let everyone know that there is now a walkthrough of this game written by Elyona.

Free walkthrough: This precise and useful walkthrough is contributed by Elyona. It is a 146 KB PDF file.

When asked to say something about her, she shared- “I love to play most computer games and I really love to play RPG’s. Being a hopeless romantic, to me the best games are any with some romance in them, especially if they are RPG’s.” You can download her free walkthrough-
http://www.overcloud9.com/index.php?sdmon=...walkthrough.pdf

+Quote Post

MementoMori
post May 2 2013, 12:11 PM
Post #656

Group Icon

Hi i hope you are still here smile.gif I have been playing your game and so far i am enjoying it. However i got stuck beacuse of a bug and i cant continues.

The Bug:

When i talk to the king of Loria to find out where the magic bean is he constantly repeats the same sentence and i cant continue nor can i dismiss the conversation.

Sentence: Unfortunately without the key to Castle Loria, you are out of luck. I wonder where my daughter could have lost it back in Lorewyn ?

It seems he is on drugs or soemthing or he is a robot lol. Any way to fix this i really want to finish your game as i have played this kind of rpgs for over 3 years nonstop.

+Quote Post

Akod
post May 3 2013, 02:21 AM
Post #657

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Unfortunately Bastian hasn't logged in for quite a while so I don't think you'll get a response from him here, but on his site he has a "Contact Us" section so you could try to use that to reach him. Here is a link to that part of his site.

Good luck getting a response. smile.gif

--------------------

Having issues eventing something? Feel free to send me a message and I will see what I can do!

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MementoMori
post May 3 2013, 08:42 AM
Post #658

Group Icon

Thanx for the quick response I will try it smile.gif I must finish the fight.

+Quote Post

amerk
post May 6 2013, 07:54 PM
Post #659

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

You could also try the walkthrough and see if you missed something:

http://www.overcloud9.com/index.php?sdmon=...walkthrough.pdf

+Quote Post

Garland2Chaos
post Jun 2 2013, 03:51 PM
Post #660

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

It is great to see how responsive you are to comments/critiques - that bodes well for the quality of your game. Thanks for your effort!

--------------------
I support:

+Quote Post

34 Pages V  « < 31 32 33 34 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2014 - 10:48 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.