iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Nitro's Custom Skills for SBS, UPDATED to V1.1! Come check it out! Request Shop Closed!
Rating 5 V
Nitro-RMVX
post Jul 4 2009, 07:05 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Nitro's Custom Skills for SBS and Request Shop
Nitro-RMVX
Version 1.1
Updated 09-07-2009
Request Shop: Closed

Fast Travel:
How to Use
Demo
FAQ
Author Notes
Requests
Closed?

Introduction
My own made skills for SBS! I've tried to make it as much plug and play as I could.
At the moment the Demo isn't very much, it contains three separated scripts.
Criticism and comments are welcome!

Features
- Custom Skills!
- Staff 'System'
- Daisho, special skill
- Arnis Set => The Nameless One request!

In-Depth:
Spoiler:
The Staff System makes it possible to add Spirit to a staff instead of attack. But without attack, a normal attack with a staff would be useless, so this script changes the normal attack into a skill. This way, the normal attack will do damage with the spirit. This is possible through a special Staff element (I called it Magical). Also, when that element is checked along with another element (like fire), the skill changes into an elemental strike (Fireball with explosion). I made the elemental skills have 10 Spirit_F stronger as the normal magical attack, but you only change that very easily. To balance everything, there is a special formula (but you will have to do the math!) to add Spirit to a staff, compared to what you would normally add to attack.
Daisho is a very special skill. It requires two specific weapons (or maybe just one if you want it) and meanwhile a switch. As I meant it, you wear Katana and Wakizashi together, that will turn a switch on and after that, when doing a normal attack, you have 15% chance to do the skill Daisho. Daisho is a Samurai skill. Wikipedia Link

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Cyclone Cutting:
Spoiler:

Daisho:
Spoiler:

Staff Attack (Fire Element)
Spoiler:

How to Use
Installing is explained in the script and shouldn't be too difficult. There are just some things I might as well mention here:
- When you copy an Animation, first copy the Animation Graphics needed for the Animation.
Place above main and below SBS (also below all default scripts, but I do think you installed SBS already below the default scripts)

Demo
Downloads:
Mediafire: Demo Version 1.1
Rapidshare: Demo Version 1.1
Old Demo's:
Spoiler:
Mediafire: Demo Version 1.0
Rapidshare: Demo Version 1.0

Script
Download Demo, scripts are useless without the skills/animations/weapons.

FAQ
Spoiler:
Question:
Is this script compatible with Kaduki Version of SBS?
Answer:
Yes, no errors occurred when I tested it. BUT, the skills aren't the same as in the demo, there are some timing issues and other things (Click here to see the message of the test result). So, it is up to you, is the result good enough?
You might be able to fix some skills, but you will have to change something in the Configuration Scripts (kaduki):
169 "DAMAGE" => [ 1, 1, 5, 2, 0, -1, 0, true, "" ], <-Changed the Wait to 0 (just like in the normal SBS Config).
Note that this might effect a lot of things/attacks that are made for SBS kaduki version.

Credit and Thanks
- Nitro-RMVX
- SBS team
- Mr.Bubble for translations and Example skills
- AlphaWhelp for the MP Charge skill (came in handy to learn things for Daisho Skill) and Spear Add-on.
- The Nameless One for first request (Updated the request form to request form INFO and made a copyable Request Form)

Author's Notes
I am not a scripter, so when you find a bug, I can't and thereby won't promise you that it will be fixed! I will check what I can do, but only when I got time.
What counts to me is the result; the looks of the skill, not how well scripted it is.
Don't redistribute (please)! Link to this Topic when you want to post on other forums/websites! And don't claim you made this, if you did make this, then PM me tongue.gif.
You can of course upload your game and that people find my scripts in your game, but only if all the comments are included.

Support This Topic:
Spoiler:
CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=16677"][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4898/nitrocustomskillsbs.png[/img][/url]

This is what will be shown:
Install?
Spoiler:
Put the code into your signature. (to access your Signature settings, click on My Controls (on the right above forum screen))

Requests
You are allowed to request, but be very specific!
If you need a very long and detailed animation, try to make it yourself first and send/give me the Animations.rvdata (AND the special Animations Graphic if needed).
When I take your request, please give me some time. I'm working on a game myself, but most of the time I have it done within two days, since my creativity for my game dropped hard!
When I make a skill for you, I give myself the right to use the animations/script I make for you in my game if I could use it.
Requests will be made in separated scripts. I will add in the script comments that it was requested by ....
Another thing, I do NOT make skills for Kaduki Battlers, so I won't use _1, _2, _3 files!
When you request,
READ THE REQUEST FORM! THE EASIER YOU MAKE IT FOR ME, THE MORE CHANCE I WILL MAKE IT FOR YOU!
(PS, that doesn't mean I only accept very easy skills, but if I don't need to ask any detail from you, you will have a much greater chance that I make your request! Oh, and for your own sake, only request a skill that you completely want, don't screw up/change your idea so I will make it for you, but request it the way you want it! Otherwise I will spend my time on something that won't really satisfy your needs.)
Credits would be nice, forgetting isn't much of a problem.

Spots
1: Neverfindout575 (waiting for reply on my PM)
2: Xotser (starting on Thursday to see what I can do)
3: Free (But you'll have to wait till I take the time for you)
4: Free (But you'll have to wait till I take the time for you)
5: Unavailable

Request Form INFO:
Spoiler:

- Skill Name
- Melee or Magical: will Physical Attack be checked? Also, tell here if you want the purple caster circle before your skill!
- Element (multiple is allowed ofcourse)
- If you haven't made an animation, give as much details! (but it is possible to ask too many, since then the Animation will be hard to make and I might decline your request, or I like the idea and will make it anyway, since I can use it in my game as well)
- Include Animation File (which default Animation Graphic should I use or give me your Special Animation Graphic)
- Write all movement down! (all moves, jumps, ect, WITH positions ({x.y} or left/right, behind enemy ect.... Example: I want the user to jump quite high to the enemy and then move to the lower left corner of the screen...)
- In case you want me to make the skill with the right damage, tell me the Actor Attack/Spirit, Weapon Attack/Spirit and the Attack_F and/or Spirit_F and the total (all together) damage that should be dealt. If you want a speed value, name it. Also, you can tell me the right Skill Description and I'll add it to the skill.
- Personal or can I add it to the Demo? (When Personal, I still have the right to use it in my own game, you can ask me not to use it, but if I really want to use it, I will.)
- All other things, like chance, conditions (states, switches or variables OR check the SBS Configuration script for other possible conditions, but I might not know how they work yet, I'm still learning after all, then you will have to be patient.), element checks (attack based on elements attached to a weapon) and whatever else there is. But as I says between the (), I might still need to learn some things about these things, so be patient (IF I don't decline your request).

Request Form:
Spoiler:
CODE
[b]Skill Name:[/b]
[b]Type:[/b]
[b]Element:[/b]
[b]Animation:[/b]
[b]Animation Graphic:[/b]
[b]Movement:[/b]
[b]Skill:[/b]
[b]Personal/Demo:[/b]
[b]Others:[/b]

Well, well, well. I guess I can't get myself to work on request anymore. I'm going to school again and want to 'feel free' when I don't have to do homework. So, I won't be making requests, I'm still waiting for a response from Neverfindout575 and if he isn't satisfied, I will still make his skill better if possible. For everyone else, sorry, maybe I'll return some day and continue the shop (my own game is far from done and I guess I will continue that one day too...). I wish you all good luck. If you want to contact me for any reason, mail me at volkljibster@gmail.com. |Cheers| Nitro-RMVX

This post has been edited by Nitro-RMVX: Sep 3 2009, 09:44 AM

--------------------
Project:
Spoiler:
Destiny to (inner) Peace
Progress:
Spoiler:
Story: ± 60%
Graphics: ± 93%
Scripts: ± 90%
Evented Systems: ± 20%
Maps: ± 1%
Game: ± 1% (actual gameplay)

Topics:
Spoiler:

Support:
Spoiler:
Shops:

Games:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

The Nameless One
post Jul 6 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #2

Behind you
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Another thing, I do NOT make skills for ATB, so I won't use _1, _2, _3 files!

The ATB does not use _1, _2, _3 files. You are thinking of the Kaduki battlers.

Name: Arnis Set
Type: Melee
Animation: The RTP Slash/Physical animation will be used every time except one. The other animation is the RTP Piercing/Physical.
Animation File: N/A
Movement: First the charactor jumps to the enemy, swinging his weapon. This deals damage and shows the Slash/Physical animation. The charactor then does a short hop over the enemy, landing behind it. He then turns right, slahing with his weapon. Again, this deals damage and shows the Slash/Physical animation. The character then does a high jump above the foe. The character then faces down (using the char graphic) and points his weapon downward as well (please note that if the face downward is to hard or impossiple you can substitute it with a face right). He then crashes down on the foe, deals damage, and shows the Piercing/Physical animation. The character jumps back to his position, and the enemy can collapse.
Damage: The Attack_F should be 93 and the base damage should be 100.
Personal/Demo: Add to demo. Allowed for personal use.
Other: Please have it be skill number 115.

Edit: Your skills are pretty cool, and have some cool ideas. I may use the staff stuff.

This post has been edited by The Nameless One: Jul 6 2009, 08:40 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

KentaAmon
post Jul 6 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #3

Übers Ende der Welt
Group Icon

QUOTE (The Nameless One @ Jul 6 2009, 04:27 PM) *

ohmy.gif So does that mean they arent Kaduki SBS compatible? sad.gif

--------------------
Ich schrei in die Nacht für Dich, lass mich nicht im Stich,
Spring nicht.
Die lichter fangen Dich nicht, sie betrügen Dich.
Spring nicht.
Erinner Dich, an Dich und mich.
Die Welt da unten zählt nicht,
Bitte spring nicht.

+Quote Post

eggrollninja
post Jul 6 2009, 08:53 PM
Post #4

You rang?
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

QUOTE (The Nameless One @ Jul 6 2009, 08:27 PM) *

Name: Arnis Set
Animation: The RTP Slash/Physical animation will be used every time except one. The other animation is the RTP Piercing/Physical.
Animation File: N/A
Movement: First the charactor jumps to the enemy, swinging his weapon. This deals damage and shows the Slash/Physical animation. The charactor then does a short hop over the enemy, landing behind it. He then turns right, slahing with his weapon. Again, this deals damage and shows the Slash/Physical animation. The character then does a high jump above the foe. The character then faces down (using the char graphic) and points his weapon downward as well (please note that if the face downward is to hard or impossiple you can substitute it with a face right). He then crashes down on the foe, deals damage, and shows the Piercing/Physical animation. The character jumps back to his position, and the enemy can collapse.
Damage: The Attack_F should be 93 and the base damage should be 100.
Personal/Demo: Add to demo. Allowed for personal use.
Other: Please have it be skill number 115.

Edit: Your skills are pretty cool, and have some cool ideas. I may use the staff stuff.

Er the use of the _1,_2,_3 files are not in the ATB, its in the SBS config itself....
I.e. Only the Kaduki version of SBS utilizes those files, not the normal one, ATB does not affect this in any way.

--------------------
<Leads to my resource page now

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Nitro-RMVX
post Jul 7 2009, 08:49 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

You're right... stupid of me xD.

Going to look if the scripts work for kaduki, I think they should, but still, test worthy.

EDIT: I've tested the script with the normal (not ATB) kaduki version of SBS and this is the result:
As long as you have the right Animation Files installed, your game won't crash.
The skills don't work well. When there is damage dealt, the enemy gets pushed back, but that takes longer in Kaduki (I think at least), resulting that the enemy gets knocked back to much, because of fast attacks in a row. Also, some timings with sword slashing and the actual animation aren't good, so in overall: you CAN use the script, but the result isn't as it is supposed to be! It is up to you if it is good enough.
If I should also test with ATB Kaduki version, tell me and I will smile.gif, but I think it won't result in anything batter as the normal Kaduki Version.

@ The Nameless One; I'm glad you like them, will update the demo with 3 new skills some day soon.
Also, after I tested kaduki script compatibility, I'll start making your skill, I will notify you through PM when it is done.
By the way, good request smile.gif

|Cheers| Nitro-RMVX

This post has been edited by Nitro-RMVX: Jul 7 2009, 09:25 AM

--------------------
Project:
Spoiler:
Destiny to (inner) Peace
Progress:
Spoiler:

Topics:
Spoiler:

Support:
Spoiler:
Shops:

Games:

+Quote Post

eggrollninja
post Jul 7 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #6

You rang?
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

ATB won't change a thing, trust me, I've been making my own animations for Kaduki SBS, ATB has no affect at all to the animations at all.

Edit: Is there really a speed difference? I tried the Normal SBS and imported a couple of animation sequences before and the speed was the same, although it wasn't a very professional skill as the ones you're making, so maybe thats why.

This post has been edited by eggrollninja: Jul 7 2009, 09:57 PM

--------------------
<Leads to my resource page now

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Jul 8 2009, 12:57 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

QUOTE (eggrollninja @ Jul 7 2009, 02:55 PM) *
ATB won't change a thing, trust me, I've been making my own animations for Kaduki SBS, ATB has no affect at all to the animations at all.

Edit: Is there really a speed difference? I tried the Normal SBS and imported a couple of animation sequences before and the speed was the same, although it wasn't a very professional skill as the ones you're making, so maybe thats why.

The only thing the ATB changes concerning action sequences are how union skills are made and setup. Otherwise, everything else is the same in bewteen the SBS and ATB.

The Kaduki config has a longer length of knockback time whenever a battler is damaged and takes a bit more time when resetting. This isn't a problem if attacks and skills do only 1 hit, but is very noticeable when hit with damage in quick succession. The knockback/reset time can be altered in the config script, of course.

This post has been edited by Mr. Bubble: Jul 8 2009, 12:57 AM

--------------------
I no longer support Tankentai.

+Quote Post

Nitro-RMVX
post Jul 8 2009, 01:56 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

@ Mr.Bubble: OK, thanks Mr.Bubble, will look for the knockback time and see what it does with the skills.

@ eggrollninja: Perfection costs time dry.gif ... A skill like Daisho takes me one day of hard work, also known as 6 hours? wink.gif But I got work now, so they can take 2 days now. I hope to learn fast and everything that is giving me a hard time now will go easier some day. Thanks for the compliment anyway!

--------------------
Project:
Spoiler:
Destiny to (inner) Peace
Progress:
Spoiler:

Topics:
Spoiler:

Support:
Spoiler:
Shops:

Games:

+Quote Post

The Nameless One
post Jul 9 2009, 01:27 AM
Post #9

Behind you
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Er the use of the _1,_2,_3 files are not in the ATB, its in the SBS config itself....
I.e. Only the Kaduki version of SBS utilizes those files, not the normal one, ATB does not affect this in any way.

That is what I said.

Another thing, I do NOT make skills for ATB, so I won't use _1, _2, _3 files!

So to everyone, yes these are ATB compatible; all skill scripts are.

This post has been edited by The Nameless One: Jul 9 2009, 01:27 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Nitro-RMVX
post Jul 9 2009, 01:38 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Going to upload Version 1.1.
New Features:
More comment and organized.
Demonic Rage (quite simple skill... hitting 10 times)
Arrest (couldn't thing of a better name for in the demo so it kept the name from my game)
Electrocution
Arnis Set (The Nameless One request)

@ The Nameless One: You can download the edited request skill in the Demo, ok?

To be honest with all you guys, I'm now playing Oblivion (and maybe make my own mod sometime), so I'm not active with RPG Maker VX anymore. Due to this, I don't check the forum all to frequently... aka, it might take some time untill I see your request. When I've seen your request, I will write it in the request list (by that you can see I've seen your request) and will start as soon as possible with your request. When it is done, I will send you a message and the skill (in a new game if it contains new animations). I will ask or point certain details (things I think would look better or things I couldn't fix/make) and will wait for your reply, which should contain your opinion about the skill, things you dislike and answers on the last things I asked. Then (if you allowed it) I will put it in the demo and (when it contains enough new features) I will update the demo. By then, the skill is 'perfect' or ' good enough' in the eyes of the requester, so no new changes will have to be made in the demo.

This post has been edited by Nitro-RMVX: Aug 1 2009, 07:07 PM

--------------------
Project:
Spoiler:
Destiny to (inner) Peace
Progress:
Spoiler:

Topics:
Spoiler:

Support:
Spoiler:
Shops:

Games:

+Quote Post

Xotser
post Aug 4 2009, 03:27 PM
Post #11

The Derp of Awesome
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Hey! I have an request! Start with it as soon you see this.

Skill Name: Zanmato
Desciption: (I can write it myself)

How it looks: Ever played FFX? Because i would like that it nearly looked exacly as the orginal one. If you don't Search on Youtube about FFX Zanmato. Im to lazy to say specificly biggrin.gif

--------------------
I supports...

+Quote Post

Nitro-RMVX
post Aug 8 2009, 09:44 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

I haven't played it, but maybe I will soon one day lol...

I've watched it on youtube. The spin with the sword in hand is impossible, since weapons can't rotate horizontal, meaning that a weapon pointing to the person behind the PC (looking like this: - ) can't be done, neither any other rotation (or I'll have to change graphics), so the easiest solution is to make the weapon point left and right, but may look weird.

Changing the Animation Graphic, then making the skill and hoping the skill will look good enough is too much work, so I won't make the skill, sorry. If you can change the graphic yourself, I might reconsider. (What the graphic needs is a horizontal weapon (I would use the katana from effect 22 animation graphic in demo). The weapon needs to point left and right, and shorter versions (looking like it is rotating horizontal.)

|Cheers| Nitro-RMVX

This post has been edited by Nitro-RMVX: Aug 8 2009, 11:43 AM

--------------------
Project:
Spoiler:
Destiny to (inner) Peace
Progress:
Spoiler:

Topics:
Spoiler:

Support:
Spoiler:
Shops:

Games:

+Quote Post

Neverfindout575
post Aug 10 2009, 02:19 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Skill Name: Shimatsuken
Element: Fire
Animation: At the beginning, use [Fire/Single1] on the target. Then, begin using the following animations: [No Attribute/Single], [Wind/Whole], and [Slash/Special1]. All of them are focused on the target's center.
Animation File: N/A.
Movement: First, the target is hit with [Fire/Single1]. (Two second delay.) Without moving have the character do thier attack animation which immediately triggers [No Attribute/Single] on the target. Then, have the character dash toward the enemy and attack, triggering [Wind/Whole]. Finally, the character rises into the air and does thier attack animation, which triggers the final animation, [Slash/Special1].
Skill: "Use the power of Fire Cross to attack enemies with No Mercy."
Damage is based on (250 Attack_F) but has a variance of 100. Damage is delayed until after the final animation.
Personal/Demo:Please add this to the demo. Can be used personally.
Others: Can be used when below 84% HP. If you try to use it earlier, the message "Shimatsuken Failed to Initiate" appears and the attack is replaced with a simple Fire spell. Can be used when Silenced.

Probably got the format slightly wrong dry.gif ... Oh well...

This post has been edited by Neverfindout575: Aug 10 2009, 03:05 AM

+Quote Post

Xotser
post Aug 10 2009, 04:11 PM
Post #14

The Derp of Awesome
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Oh! Thats okay... Could you make it any other way... you don't need the spin... Just make it any other way... Oh! one more thing! Make an Stat Called ''Certain Kill'' Its the same as Knockout you know... But its non resistance... I hope you still can make it! I trust you! smile.gif

--------------------
I supports...

+Quote Post

Jackoftherenaiss...
post Aug 11 2009, 09:06 PM
Post #15

The Fantastical Databaser
Group Icon

There's a problem with the staff attack... If your character is silenced and you try to attack, the game will freeze up.

--------------------
This lurker supports...

Spoiler:

A magnificent musical mastermind, Roelfmik has produced dozens of Grade-A songs. Make a request from him and you won't be disappointed.

+Quote Post

Neosky
post Aug 13 2009, 04:27 AM
Post #16

Master of the DarkSyde of Cheese!
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

I have used some of your attacks already, see sig supporting, I play on asking for a set a attacks if that's ok, it will be in the future, like months or so, nothing to long, I just need to get my sprites down.

Speaking of sprites.
Are you able to do attacks that the Minkoff-style battlers, is that a problem? Cause I wanted to use the attack where he spears him with lightning left then right and the strikes with a bolt, but since I don't know if I can make a right moving sprite it looked really funny cause it turned into the field sprite, lol. So if this is a problem just let me know, unless I can fix the script and sprites to work. I don't mind editing anything to make it work. It wouldn't take much to edit the sprites to make a right moving toon, but am I able to is the big question? lol

--------------------

Remember, Remember the 5th of November...
Spoiler:

If you are new, please go through this spoiler for VERY useful links.
Spoiler:

Tarris Thread || User Forum || Tarris Hold Website || Twitch.tv

+Quote Post

Tato Rdl
post Jun 4 2010, 04:09 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

I would like that you make a script that when the player guards, it shows the shield they are wielding in front of them.
I would like it also to be compatible with KGC_GuardRecover.

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Jun 4 2010, 04:47 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

1) This shop has been closed by the OP as stated at the top.

2) Don't necropost.

--------------------
I no longer support Tankentai.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 10:17 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.