iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

> Notes for Complete Game Threads

This forum is for completed RPG Maker VX games. Please do not post threads about games being made in other engines here.

15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ethereal Gospel- Part 1 [Completed], Unwanted Messiah-Download fixed
theundreamer
post Feb 24 2011, 01:47 AM
Post #261

Lord of the Underworld
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Oh there it is, I see it now lol. Pfft 276mb is nothing happy.gif Look forward to playing it and will give my three thumbs up review I'm sure. (Might have to borrow someone's thumb) heh

Look pretty good already so looking forward to it!

--------------------
"Mindrape is just like violence or pizza, if it doesn't solve a problem, you just don't have enough of it going on"-FinalJustice(Giantip forums)

Support plz ^_^

Current Progress(|||||) 19%

I Support:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Steysel
post Mar 16 2011, 01:06 PM
Post #262

Freaky Geeky Nerdy Guy
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: True Neutral

I've just gotten into this game and finished the first long cutscene(after the meeting with commander Conrad), and I must say I like it. Everything seems professional. Great job on this game!

--------------------
I support :
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Rixis
post Mar 16 2011, 04:01 PM
Post #263

Group Icon

Thanks a lot, I don't get many comments on this project anymore these days, so It's nice to hear some positive feedback every once in awhile to make me feel like continuing on the project haha ^ ^;

And wow you only have done the cutscences..that means you havent even really done the battles yet and your already impressed, that makes me quite happy indeed ^ ^;

Thanks again

--------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I am your Goddess and you worship me then put this userbar in your sig :D!
-------------You must obey! @_@------------

Other stuff you SHOULD look at :].....Obey @_@!!!!!

Spoiler:
------------My current project-----------------

--------------Projects I'm looking forward to----------

+Quote Post

Steysel
post Mar 16 2011, 11:54 PM
Post #264

Freaky Geeky Nerdy Guy
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rixis @ Mar 17 2011, 01:01 AM) *
Thanks a lot, I don't get many comments on this project anymore these days, so It's nice to hear some positive feedback every once in awhile to make me feel like continuing on the project haha ^ ^;

And wow you only have done the cutscences..that means you havent even really done the battles yet and your already impressed, that makes me quite happy indeed ^ ^;

Thanks again

You're welcome. smile.gif

--------------------
I support :
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Dude Man
post May 1 2011, 03:17 PM
Post #265

Victory, or death! Or something!
Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

First of all, sorry if this is a necropost. I simply MUST say something!

Greetings Rixis.

I know that I'm very late to the game here, but I just played through Part 1 yesterday and I have to say, this game is great!
The music is spot on, the characters are strong, the voice acting is very good, and the story is great!
I like the way the battle system works, especially since I've played too many ATB side-battle systems and have gotten quite tired of them. The weapon-swapping is interesting and could get very in depth, I'm sure. I'm curious about the Karma system, as I didn't get to use it at all (at least I don't think I used it). Synchronization is also interesting. That could get MUCH more in-depth, but I'm sure you have plans for it.

There were a few bugs (I don't know how many of these you are aware of, but here they are):
-In the intro, during the first battle (with soldiers). When they attack, the soldiers have a weird alignment error.
-In the ?AAS? building, when the location name is supposed to show on-screen, you can only see part of it, as it is shown mostly past the bottom of the screen (too high ?y? value).
-In pre-VR room, two tiles left of crate stack are "X" when they should be "O." The same for the room across the hall, except vice versa (top of table).

You've got a very good thing here, and I wish you the best of luck continuing your project.

--------------------
These games are of PROFESSIONAL QUALITY!

+Quote Post

Rixis
post May 1 2011, 03:27 PM
Post #266

Group Icon

Gee thanks a lot of the nice reply, I really appreciate it. Its fine, i like getting comments on this still once in awhile so your fine :].

To answer some of your questions;

Like you said since this was only part one theres a lot of work thats need to be done on some of these system like sync and Karma system. But you are correct the Karma system is not really in this part for Plot line reasons, I was just trying to mention and get the fact out there that it will be present later.

However in my new side story project that is being made allong with EG part 2(Ethereal Gospel:Orthurus) the Karma system will very much be present as I have pretty much completed it.

Thanks for the list of those minor bugs, but im already aware of them all and at this point I am just letting most of them go until I eventually get around to fixing if I do ^ ^.

Thanks again for your comments, it really keeps me inspired to keep working even if its taking me a really long time. Be sure to check out my early thread of "Ethereal Gospel: Orthurus" if you are really interested in my whole project. to be clear, its not the part 2 of EG, but rather a side-story thats will be released a bit before part 2.

--------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

FrozenDude
post May 12 2011, 01:04 AM
Post #267

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Wonderful project. Once I'm finished with the game, I'd be happy to give some feedback. smile.gif

+Quote Post

m4uesviecr
post Jun 5 2011, 04:24 PM
Post #268

Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Neutral Good

I was reading over this and the game looks really awesome!

I also wanted to give kudos to Mr. Lentz. The OST is great!

This post has been edited by m4uesviecr: Jun 5 2011, 08:42 PM

--------------------
Need music? Check out my Free to Use music thread. For commercial/non-commercial projects.

+Quote Post

Ass..
post Jul 3 2011, 01:52 PM
Post #269

Group Icon

what tile you use ?

+Quote Post

therufianx
post Jul 19 2011, 09:12 PM
Post #270

Group Icon

Shikamaru naruto shippuden xd?????

+Quote Post

stthomp
post Jul 21 2011, 02:03 AM
Post #271

Group Icon

Hey Rixis,

I just found this game today and decided to try it and played it all the way through. I must say that overall I'm extremely impressed, especially with the storyline, music, and technical depth that went into your project. You definitely had to do a lot of research to come up with all that stuff. The combat system was also very dynamic and engaging, very well implemented for sure. I found the game progression/balance just challenging enough without being too hardcore in difficulty (I never died but came extremely close on several occasions!), so I'm sure a lot of effort was put into balancing so many combat mechanics at once. Very well done in my opinion.

There were a couple of things, however, that caught my eye from a negative perspective. The first thing kind of confuses me since it's such a basic yet important aspect of any professional game; and that was the spelling/grammar. Your posts seem to be very articulate, but in the game I found at least one mistake in every textbox that I read. Any reason for that? I just think that, for such a well-made game, I hate to see it dwarfed by something so simple as constant incorrect spelling and grammar.

Secondly, and I'm sure you get this a lot, the ratio of dialogue to gameplay was a bit heavy on the dialogue side. Especially if you plan on dividing the game in parts as you did, it seemed like I barely got to actually play the game in comparison to the overall time it took me to go through the entirety of it. Besides, with such an awesome combat system, you should definitely provide more opportunities to experience it! I assume you'll be making this change in the next part, but if not, it's just something to consider.

Still, despite the downfalls, it was a very fun game and I hope you stay with it. I still want to know what was up with the spelling/grammar, though!

+Quote Post

wartyg
post Jul 21 2011, 06:48 PM
Post #272

Group Icon

I'm downloading now, I can give you a review after I've played it through if you want

+Quote Post

m4uesviecr
post Feb 2 2012, 03:39 PM
Post #273

Group Icon

Type: Musician

Just a heads up:

I was referring back here so that I could download the game, and it seems that Megaupload is having a bit of trouble with the FBI.

The links don't work, so you will have to find another upload site.

--------------------
Need music? Check out my Free to Use music thread. For commercial/non-commercial projects.

+Quote Post

Rixis
post Feb 2 2012, 06:17 PM
Post #274

Group Icon

Thanks for that information, I totally forgot about that.

--------------------

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Rixis
post Mar 1 2012, 12:23 AM
Post #275

Group Icon

Re-uploaded with unencrypted file so the download should be a bit easier now.

Enjoy :]! And keep the feedback coming!

EG is going through a minor overhaul which is why its taking a lot of time for EG part 2. Several story changes and more original resources are
being made. Things will be revived and I hope you all are looking forward to it ^ ^!

--------------------

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

13thSyndicate
post Mar 24 2012, 02:35 PM
Post #276

Group Icon

Dear Rixis,

Hey! I played through Ethereal Gospel the other day, and I was impressed with the incredible potential the game had, though a little disappointed because, IMHO, it didn't fully live up to its potential.

This didn't really feel like a full game to me - more like Chapter 1 of a single game. I only made it up to level five, and the game only had one mission. None of the mysteries were resolved, even a little bit, and I didn't even really get the chance to test out several skills. Also, the Karma system was stated by the game to not have been implemented yet, and I saw an event going on that calimed it would be 'ready by the next patch'.

Oter than that, though....

Oh my god. The mapping, graphics, everything was just GORGEOUS. THe story was intriguing, leaving me eagerly waiting for the next update or part two or whatever to come along and sweep me off my feet with revelations to mysteries and even more suspense. The hand-drawn art was fabulous. There was even voice acting in the intro cutscene! It was wonderful.

BUt again... It left me feeling like, "Wait, where's the rest?" And your spelling and grammar. Um.... yeah. It comes off as a really bad translation XD But, I don't really mind that so much (I've played amazing games with Blind Idiot translations that I loved), I just hope you get some of it fixed for the next patch biggrin.gif

And I hope that this project, the whole thing, is being worked on.

+Quote Post

Rixis
post Mar 24 2012, 02:53 PM
Post #277

Group Icon

Again thanks for your input Syndicate, this project is quite old and everytime I look at I can definitely see all the flaws so much these days which is why like I said in response to your previous post. I will be rebooting the game and taking things from the planned orthurus project in combination for the original. I know this isn't really complete it technically is just chapter one. I had decided to shelf it after I realized I didn't like how I did somethings as well as I had no real direction.

In a sense I am starting over, but not by much. The next thread and demo will include more than just a remake of this part 1 though and will go further in along with some significant story changes.

And yes grammar is a huge issue I am trying to work on, so hopefully in the future it won't be a huge issue like is was here.

Sorry to make this feel like a let down, but thanks for telling me and really makes me want to work even harder on the project now!

--------------------

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

13thSyndicate
post Apr 9 2012, 09:05 PM
Post #278

Group Icon

You're welcome biggrin.gif I really did REALLY like it. It was challenging and showed a great start, I'm gld that you're working on it and I'm glad to inspire you, even a little bit. I hope you do eventually get that remake finished and going well - it's going to be a wonderful ride if something of this quality is the 'rough draft', as it were.

Good luck with it all! If you need help proofreading, I'm pretty good at that kind of thing.

+Quote Post

CobraMan228
post May 4 2012, 03:05 PM
Post #279

The 'I disappeared for 2 years and came back again' guy
Group Icon

Oh this is looking very good. Downloading as I type.

And I see something about potential voice acting? I'd love to give it a shot once I save up to buy a new mic! You could PM me some details about this, I'd love to talk more about it. Never voice acted before, but a few friends said I'd have a good voice for it, so if you looking for any spare peoples, lemme know smile.gif

--------------------
Feeling sorry for yourself, and your present condition, is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have.
Dale Carnegie

'Those who wish to follow me,
I welcome with my hands
And the red sun sinks at last, into the hills of gold
And peace to this young warrior without the sound of guns'
2PAC

This is my forum, come on have a look!

+Quote Post

giannism16
post Jun 12 2012, 09:54 AM
Post #280

Group Icon

the game looks amazing! congrats for ur work!!

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 01:49 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.