iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DNS - Day and Night System, A remake of DNS Take 2 from Rpg Maker XP
ti07Shadow
post Apr 22 2008, 12:27 AM
Post #1

Certified Web Tech
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Unaligned

Screenshot 1; Screenshot 2; Screenshot 3; Screenshot 4; Screenshot 5; Screenshot 6;
Screenshot 7; Screenshot 8; Screenshot 9; Screenshot 10; Screenshot 11; Screenshot 12

Download v2.8 (v3 Prelude) New! Aug. 15, 2009

Please report any bugs to me via private message
Please provide screenshots of the bug, and explain what is happening.

Core Events - In the Common Events
Pictures AM or PM
Pictures Minutes
Pictures Ten Minutes
Pictures Hours
Picture Day Name
Picture Month
Picture Day Number
Minutes
Months
If Minutes go over 10
Screen Tone
Weather
When Weather Stops

+ Auto-Time System – The ability to set the starting time in game.

+ Lightening System – Lightening that happens during a major rain storm.

+ Inn/Bed System – The ability to regenerate and sleep through a set amount of hours.

+ Candle Light System – Candles, Fire Place, Camp fire. All controlled by time.

+ Shop Closed System – Shops are closed at a set time.

+ Holiday System – Basically a holiday system for npc’s, Which react differently and say different things at these times and days.

This post has been edited by ti07Shadow: Aug 15 2009, 11:42 PM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

techie
post Apr 22 2008, 12:32 AM
Post #2

The forum Technician
Group Icon

Type: Artist

I think some one made one of these already??? tongue.gif

--------------------
I take sig requests
Need a Title screen or a Game over screen for your game? Go Here and post a request. I will try and make one.

Do you have super smash bros brawl and a wifi connection? PM me and we can brawl together.

+Quote Post

ti07Shadow
post Apr 22 2008, 12:33 AM
Post #3

Certified Web Tech
Group Icon

QUOTE (techie @ Apr 21 2008, 06:24 PM) *
I think some one made one of these already??? tongue.gif

This DNS system comes wit ha clock, Calander, Fully functional weather system, along with holidays. Please visit the blog post I showed and youll get the idea, I updated the firest post with more info. Also ive checked aorouind for dns systems on rpg maker vx and no offence but most are too basic or suck.

This post has been edited by ti07Shadow: Apr 22 2008, 10:09 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

ti07Shadow
post Apr 22 2008, 09:23 PM
Post #4

Certified Web Tech
Group Icon

Sorry for having a double post, but I would like to announce that im releaseing the beta version of DNS-VX. Hope you like it! I am taking requests for any new addons tat you would like. Please be realalistic about your request. Please if you find a bug in the system, report it! I want everyone to enjoy a system thats not bugged. Screenshots were provided in the first post and so was the download link. I hope you like it!

Please report any bugs to me via private message
Please provide screenshots of the bug, and explain what is happening.

This post has been edited by ti07Shadow: Apr 22 2008, 09:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

woratana
post Apr 23 2008, 12:44 AM
Post #5

*O* ~(>_<)~
Group Icon

No bug found so far,
but it's pretty laggy. (maybe my computer is slow~ :3)

My suggestion is you may want to use 'Condition Branch' more before do something,
e.g. show picture if the variable is not the same as last time. smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my new blog!!!

+Quote Post

ti07Shadow
post Apr 23 2008, 12:47 AM
Post #6

Certified Web Tech
Group Icon

QUOTE (woratana @ Apr 22 2008, 06:36 PM) *
No bug found so far,
but it's pretty laggy. (maybe my computer is slow~ :3)

My suggestion is you may want to use 'Condition Branch' more before do something,
e.g. show picture if the variable is not the same as last time. smile.gif

Well asfar as lag goes I havent had a problem with it.. Same with a friend of mine..

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mr. Anonymous
post Apr 23 2008, 12:51 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Pretty slow for me too. :\
System Specs:
1.7ghz T-Bred
512 DDR Ram
256 DDR AGP Card

+Quote Post

ti07Shadow
post Apr 23 2008, 01:23 AM
Post #8

Certified Web Tech
Group Icon

QUOTE (MrAnonymous @ Apr 22 2008, 06:43 PM) *
Pretty slow for me too. :\
System Specs:
1.7ghz T-Bred
512 DDR Ram
256 DDR AGP Card

Intel® Core™2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz
2.05 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7100 GS

hmm runs fine for me.. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by ti07Shadow: Apr 23 2008, 01:25 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mr. Anonymous
post Apr 23 2008, 02:38 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (ti07Shadow @ Apr 22 2008, 07:15 PM) *
Intel® Core™2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz
2.05 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7100 GS

hmm runs fine for me.. laugh.gif

And that's probably why. ;\
Keep in mind that not everyone will have a beefy system.
By the way, this would be more suiting for the Completed RGSS2 Scripts forum.

+Quote Post

Retired-Pine
post Apr 23 2008, 02:58 AM
Post #10

Not a democracy
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Evil

This is event based

--------------------

Spoiler:

Awards
Spoiler:

Games I support [under construction]
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Mr. Anonymous
post Apr 23 2008, 04:22 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

My bad. I didn't even bother to look at the events. I assumed this was script-driven.
No wonder.

+Quote Post

Justice
post Apr 23 2008, 06:46 PM
Post #12

Cool guy
Group Icon

Type: Writer

Looks a bit too dark to me...

--------------------
QUOTE (Zigma)
Justice you are my new Hero ;P

+Quote Post

ti07Shadow
post Apr 23 2008, 10:39 PM
Post #13

Certified Web Tech
Group Icon

On my screen I can see everything fine. And Yes this is 100% event based. Please check the Common Event area. Also please adjust your computers color, lightness and darkness. because I can see it just fine running on a computer supped with windows 95 (looking at the screenshot)

(currently running xp on thsi comp)

Also this system is made to be 100% adjustable. You can change the lightness annd darknes of the different times in the Screen Tone common event common event #12.

I am willing to take on any requests to addons to this system. Maybe also some requests on how to adjust certain settings, such as adjusting the color settings to the day and night system or how to work the Auto-Time.

I am also thinking of adding a fishing system that corisponds with the days and months. Similar to what we know is used in Animal crossing, where specific species of fish appear only during certain times of the year.

I am also planning on releasing a demo game in which this system is used in to give you an idea of what you can do with this system.

Oh for future refernce guys. I dont use rgss for systems. I purley go by events. I believe anything can be accomplished with events.

This post has been edited by ti07Shadow: Apr 23 2008, 10:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mr. Anonymous
post Apr 23 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

...Uh, just about anything.
The problem with pure eventing nowadays is that you'll often find that your game is dragging a ton of bricks behind it once event systems start to pile up. Again, I iterate that your machine is pretty beefy. That's great for you, but when someone gets a hold of a game created with an event-heavy system, who doesn't have the ram and processing of the higher-ended systems, they may get irritated that a sprite-based game is lagging harder than Halo 2.

I'm not by any means trying to discredit this system. It is very nice, and has good expansion support. It's great for people who aren't comfortable with using scripts. But for everyone else... huh.gif

+Quote Post

ti07Shadow
post Apr 23 2008, 11:37 PM
Post #15

Certified Web Tech
Group Icon

Yea I do understand that prospect of eventing, but its still technicaly part of the rgss coding. also the only thing thats constantly active is this script below. otherwise its just a ordinary dns system with addons. but ill add a anti lag script to cut down uneaded checks. The point of this system is to show that you can ewasily make a fully customizabl eventing system, I didnt mean that oh use all of this on your game, hecks half these addons I dont use on 1 game. I usually use just the dns clock with the auto time and inn addon. also technically half of the events are not even in the common events. and to tell you the truth,.

the candle light, the inn and the auto-time. Dont need to be in the common events. you can place the auto time at the begining of the game. its not an active script, it turns everything on at a carefull rate and then the auto- time script is useless the rest oftthe game because it turns off. TRhe inn script, just move it to a inn as a regualr in game event and walla. its not in the common events.
The weatehr man is just a simple text command. like this. \v[1] \v[2] \v[3] thats it!. and the holdiays re personall game character stuff, doesnt cause any lag what so ever, you have to talk to the person on the day it happens, so its dormant and inactive til then and until you talk to the character.

This post has been edited by ti07Shadow: Apr 24 2008, 12:00 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mr. Anonymous
post Apr 24 2008, 12:11 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Hmmm. Funny.

I've never had a game run over 34,000 or so.
If I had to guess, I'd say it's running at about 15-25FPS. :\
Never had that problem before. Nor with any other project.

+Quote Post

ti07Shadow
post Apr 24 2008, 12:13 AM
Post #17

Certified Web Tech
Group Icon

see if this cuts it down.

Day and Night

EDIT: Wait how can one simple rpg maker game take up 82.5 mb of memory usage?

This post has been edited by ti07Shadow: Apr 24 2008, 12:21 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mr. Anonymous
post Apr 24 2008, 12:20 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

I'd say it's a little less laggy, but not by much.
Also, I just tested it with three different anti-lag scripts. ...Amazingly enough, there wasn't a difference.
Like I said before - I'm not trying to dog your talent here. It's good stuff. But it seems to be outran by the common garden slug. huh.gif

EDIT: I have no idea.
EDIT2: It seems to spike a lot. I capped that when it spiked. It fluctuates between 42mb and 87mb.
And before you ask the question: My computer is fort knox.

+Quote Post

ti07Shadow
post Apr 24 2008, 12:49 AM
Post #19

Certified Web Tech
Group Icon

Well hmm thats odd because..

My question is, hoiw can it take up 99 on your cpu? If its good then why is it?

The only thing I have that takes up remotley that close on cpu is System Idle Process, and it ranges from 98-99

Now see. I understand that theres people out there will lower end computers and I respect the fact that they may not be able to run this without lag, but fort nox? hah! Im jsut curious to know how it took up 99 cpu? thats impropbable, unless you have a computer issue. which I would have that looked at. Not trying to be rude, just a suggestion.

and now at that im going to leave it at that because I dont want to start anything... anyways... Im gonna go work on another system thing. maybe Ill make a basic version of this.

I appreciate the feedback on the fact some people have lag issues with it, as far as I can say is its out a my hand, I dont know who has a good computer or not. I dont know who has a computer from 20 years ago? The most I can say is well (not trying to be rude but) oh well. not muc hI can do about it. What you could do is remove all the stuff in the system you dont need. You can remove the thunderstorm area, you can remove the inn, heck you can remove the pictures. and that halo 2 exampel you gave? LOL! nice, except I rarley had the problem, but when it does lag man it sucked, but thats the reality of the internet and computers, theyre not perfect. neither is the society today. lol well im gonna get off this topic and continue on with stuff, later oh and nice to meet you MrAnonymous.

Now I can say this. The lag may be caused due to a number of reasons. 1, may not be the best ram inthe world, 2 its a small map with a bunch of things going on. When I have a demo game there will be less going on in areas. so hope it wont be a prob then.

It's great for people who aren't comfortable with using scripts. But for everyone else...

This tiny demo of its was accually built with the ability of being build around it. I dont clutter things up when I intend to show a demo. I try to make the events as clean as possible so its easy to understand. Hope that helps that part... This whole system NOT including the addons take 12 variables and 2 switches, if you want to add the auto time which just turns on the system and stops eventing from there basically, thats a additional 2 switches, however thats sjust to turn on auto time and turn it off. but with knowledg you can minimize that to 1 switch or a local switch.

here im gonna try something, maybe it will cut down some of you peoples lag.. brb ill edit this post wit hthe download link...

EDIT:

Try This

This post has been edited by ti07Shadow: Apr 24 2008, 01:21 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mr. Anonymous
post Apr 24 2008, 01:24 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

First, Fort Knox is famed for its security. Thus my PC == Fort Knox is a reference to unbreakability.

Now, let me explain this in in simple terms. What happens when a sudden flux of traffic backs up a highway? It gets jammed until traffic lightens up. Unfortunately there aren't very many drivers out there who will instruct one another to pass ahead. Now, in this case, we have an absurd amount or parallel processes that are increasing this traffic. these processes aren't bothering to call on the other processes and allow them to execute their code. What happens then? Increased strain on the road, or processor.

Now, it seems as though you're just wanting to argue and defend your creation, and rightfully so. I've made no jabs at you but you continue to have a venomous tone. What I'll do now is leave this topic be, because I've got so much better things to do with my time than argue with petulant children.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 02:42 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.