iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

> Notes for Complete Game Threads

This forum is for completed RPG Maker VX games. Please do not post threads about games being made in other engines here.

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tales of Fantasy XXVIII, ...what happens when there are no more heroes?
mikie0100
post Aug 28 2009, 03:40 AM
Post #1

N/A
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

This is my first game I've submitted to this forum. (Yes, the Title is supposed to be nonsense.) This game contains mature themes and some strong language.
It is intented to be comedic, but as the story progresses, it becomes more serious. Overall, I've tried to bring
some realism to the magical world of a generic RPG and it's vibrant character archtypes. The result is...

The Story:

Spoiler:
Throughout history, there have been countless instances where heroes would rise up to fight a villain.
The villains ranged from physcopathic clowns to whiny momma's boys. As time passed, there were less crazed
villains, and as a result, less heroes. The heroes and their actions became nothing more than fairy tales told to
children....but now, evil is rising again. What happens when a force threatens the very world, without anyone
left to stand up to it?...what happens when there are no more heroes?

A young man working as a deilvery boy falls prey to a retired villain's sick games. Just when he is about to
escape, a mysterious figure apears and murders the retired villain. This series of events leads him on a
journey to find the truth as he begins to gain powers he doesn't understand, and doesn't even want.

-NOTE- (Semi-spoiler): About 90% through the game, you will enter an epic timed-battle with your nemesis. At this point in the game the story can take a drastic turn for the worst if you fail to beat the enemy in time. The rest of the game will play out differently than it would have. This gives you two possible endings. I personally like the bad outcome.

The World:

Spoiler:
..of Terra, or something.
Various landmasses floating along on an endless sea. Our story begins on the continent of Silvaren, the smallest
of the continents. The kingdom of Wenobia is in the center and is ruled by the eccentric King Richard. The
land is mostly isolated from the rest of the world, but as a result, is the most peaceful. The rest of the world
is facing an economic crisis, and the dangers of the drug known as Ether. What was once an item beloved by
adventurers, is now a highly addictive narcotic with dangerous side effects...

...will you be able to resist the temptations of the outside world?

The Heroes:

Spoiler:
Leo Salem

Leo is a simple guy who moved from the city to the small town of Tansa. He got a job as a delivery boy
to pay off the house he bought. He is looked down upon by the other villagers, even though he's just
trying to get by. He is often lazy and cowardly, and has feelings for Alyss.

Alyss Cresea

Alyss has lived in Tansa as long as she can remember. She works as a Town Guard with her brother, Matt.
She recently started investigating the disappearance of villagers who venture up Ezenthia Mountain.
Alyss is courageous and adapts to situations quickly. She has secretly dreamed of becoming a hero
like in the old stories.

Isaac Gadanth

Isaac is the leader of a foul mouthed gang of kids who reside in Wenobia. He is obcessed with treasure,
and will go to the ends of the world for it. Like many children his age, Isaac was orphaned when his
parents died because of abusing the drug, Ether. Isaac is greedy and obscene, but slowly begins to
trust Leo, even looking up to him as an older brother.

Edwin David Wenobe

Edwin is the prince of Wenobia. He has been sheltered his whole life. After his mother's death, he dreams
of travelling the world and becoming strong. He runs away from home when he hears that an evil spirit
has taken up residence in the royal tomb. He has also been arranged to marry a girl named Catherine,
but shows no interest in her.

Denneb

Denneb had worked for hundreds of years as a Tutorial Witch. She taught countless fledgling heroes the ropes.
When the age of heroes passed, Denneb was out of work. Not much else is known about her. She is flirty
and uses her sex appeal to get things she wants.

Meria Rangue

Meria is the leader of the Alabaster Guild. It is said that she is descended from a hero. The Alabaster
Guild is a well known mercenary guild, and Meria has never lost a fight.

You will also encounter various guest characters who will join you temporarily.

The Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Leo's House:

The Mountain:

Things aren't what the seem:

Trapped:

Boss Battle!:

Denneb does some shopping in Polloville:

Epic battles against the local wildlife:

Kalinghon Port:

Denneb's Hut:

Meria takes a lovely stroll through the forest:

The Features:

Tankentai SBS w/ Kaduki ATB & other customizations (Spin battle, STR11e_Battle Status, KGC Overdrive)
Battlebacks
KGC Light Effects
KGC Large Party
KGC Steal
KGC Extended Equip Scene
KGC 8 Directional Movement
Omega's Ultimate Quest System
Overlord_Dave's World Map
Sprite Shadows
Woratana's Multiple Fogs
HK Animated Title
Sprite Shadows
PHLiM2's Menu
...and more!

The Credits:

Spoiler:
Scripts

KGC
Mr. Anonymous
PHiLM2
Hanzo Kimura
Woratana
Touchfuzzy
painhurt
Syvkal
BulletXt
Rockleedude
NAMKCOR
Overlord_Dave
BigEd781
Omegas7
Verdeni
Ccoa
Dr. ?

Battle System:
Enu
Translated By Kylock
and Mr. Bubble

Star
zifee
CrimsonSeas
Zeoxis
Enelvon
NightWalker

Graphics

Character Design:
RMVX RTP
PINEDAVX
Antares
Vibrato
Kaduki

Monsters:
Ragnarok Online
ripped by
Sakura Martinez

Object Design:
Aindra
Mr. Bubble

Tilesets:
RMVX RTP
RMXP RTP
Mack
NightWalker
Blake Ezra

Icons:
RMVX RTP
Kaduki
Vibrato
Ying

Soundtrack

Featuring Artists from Newgrounds:
Tommy Ulysses Grant
"Light & Dark"
"Himalayan Sunset"
Tomppaah
"Practice Battle"
"Sneaky"
MarkySpark
"Precious"

Two Steps From Hell

Voices

Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy X & X-2

1.5hr-2hr. Demo:
This demo is the Prologue and Chapter One of the game. Everything in the Demo is subject to change in the final release. (This is a pretty old build of the game.)

The Full Game:

Spoiler:
Tales of Fantasy XXVIII (V.1.5)
Version 1.5 fixes:
-Good Ending party bug fixed.
-Rift Fortress Crystals fixed.
-Added support for DLC.

Version 1.41 Fixes:
-Rift Fortress Dungeon fixed.
-Not encrypted anymore.
-Lag reduced some.
-Good Ending fixed.
-Better Font installed.
-Missing Audio file fixed.
-Merchant on Airship now sells items.

Version 1.2 Fixes:
-Can no longer repeat first quest.
-Missing BGM file replaced.
-Water Temple Puzzle fixed.
-Chapter 4 Splashscreen now appears.
-Some Bosses' power decreased.

The Journey Continues:
Spoiler:

"The Way Home" is a DLC expansion for Tales of Fantasy XXVIII.
It is currently in production and will be about 2-3 hours of additional gameplay.
This expansion will explore the fate of the party after the ending. Leo and Alyss
return as party members along with two new characters.

To be able to play the DLC:
Download the 1.5 version of Tales of Fantasy. Hopefully you have a pervious save left over
from before that is right before the ending. Replay the final battle and beat the game again to
be able to Save your game after the Credits. This Save file will be used in the DLC. just transer
it to the DLC and select 'Continue' to load the game.

If you like it, support it:

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=19315"][img]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w84/mikie0100/ToFsig.png[/img][/url]

This post has been edited by mikie0100: Sep 8 2010, 08:19 PM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Radscythe
post Sep 8 2009, 08:11 PM
Post #2

Waiting for life to pass him by.
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

I'm checking this out, so far I've played up to the point:
Spoiler:
Just beat Bob and am now embarking on a journey away from the town o.O I'll miss the old couple npcs, they were funny.

I have to say, the game is very appealing to the eye, and I liked the tutorial in the beginning.
Only thing I can think of so far that I'm not too fond of are the battles themselves. When I first played I got killed by those spiders, lol. And now I have to go back out there to fight them >.> Granted, I'm 5 levels higher and have a party member. I normally don't like the idea of killin stuff in one area until I'm finally ready to start the trek to wherever I'm supposed to go.

But what's most important is that when I played it I didn't get the feeling that I had to rush, so I was actually able to enjoy the game.

What I mean by rushed feeling is, with a lot of demos, it just ends up being me trying to hurry and beat it, which there's no actual fun in o.O

The game also had it's funny moments, I love the fact that you're poking fun at certain things that so many RPGs use.
The bed comment made me laugh.

--------------------
The words that sprout of lies to our souls; if they bear fruit the lies disappear.

Games:
Spoiler:
My Stuff:

Award:
Spoiler:

I support:
Spoiler:

<<< Stare at this in awe.

+Quote Post

Neosky
post Sep 8 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #3

Master of the DarkSyde of Cheese!
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Looks kool. Sounds different, which is good, I like the first screen, lol.

As for movie reference the only one I can think of is one of the hanibiles with the buffelo bill part, lol.

--------------------

Remember, Remember the 5th of November...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

If you are new, please go through this spoiler for VERY useful links.
Spoiler:

Tarris Thread || User Forum || Tarris Hold Website || Twitch.tv

+Quote Post

Dariathan
post Sep 8 2009, 09:04 PM
Post #4

Ignorance is Bliss, Arrogance is Blind
Group Icon

Type: Designer

This looks interesting, definately going to try it out.

I know the movie reference biggrin.gif
Spoiler:
is it Silence of the Lambs or Joe Dirt?

--------------------

Want some Mack Characters? Come here
Who wants to understand the basics behind making Tankentai skills? I do!

+Quote Post

mikie0100
post Sep 8 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #5

N/A
Group Icon

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad to hear you liked it, and I realized I made the beginning battles a little hard.
I'll make them easier in the final release, and I'd like to hear what you think of the overall demo when you finish it.

Update: I've added 3 new screenshots, and updated the Demo. This demo has some fixed bugs, a small added scene at the end, and voice SE's during battle.

@neosky & Dariathan: Yes, It's Silence of the Lambs, and Joe Dirt made fun of it too. I'm thinking about what
else to parody.

This post has been edited by mikie0100: Sep 9 2009, 05:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

mickylee
post Sep 9 2009, 09:26 PM
Post #6

King of Cowards
Group Icon

Yeah man, it looks pretty awesome.
How long have you been working on it?

--------------------
What kind of God can walk among men?
After all, we are the most vicious beasts known alive.

In support of:

+Quote Post

mikie0100
post Sep 10 2009, 03:30 PM
Post #7

N/A
Group Icon

I started working on it about three weeks ago. I'm going to be working on it less because I started college classes yesterday.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Clyve
post Sep 17 2009, 07:30 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Pretty nice interior maps! All too often people's maps are either disorganized, or incredibly bland. Well done there!

This post has been edited by Clyve: Sep 17 2009, 07:40 PM

--------------------

A game focused more on gameplay than story, interjecting intelligent (and sometimes not quite so) humor. Suggestions welcome and appreciated!

+Quote Post

Zarkara
post Sep 18 2009, 12:39 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Type: Coder

Wow, just finished the demo and I gotta say, this game really looks amazing! People should give it a try!

The maps looks good, the characters are great and I really liked the music!

The ending of the demo was put on the perfect place in my opinion, I've seen a lot of demos that just randomly ends!

The battle looks nice, I think the voices really fits in the game and the battle song is surprising good (Never thought of that song as a battle song, although I listened to a different version of it. Where's is that song from anyway? I heard it on another rpg maker game).

Now, to the list of stuff that in my opinion needs an improvement or are bugs:

The initial battles are hard, not impossible though, but hard. They hit too hard and have too much hp. Specially when you are alone fighting those wolfs, unless you get some lucky crits. When you get Alyss it is still hard, better then before, but hard. Only once we get to Wenobia and buy stuff and get a third member is that it gets really balanced. Maybe decreasing the hp of the initial monsters would make it cool.

If you go to the Royal Tomb before you even go to Wenobia, Isaac says something and Alyss says we have to find the prince, well... enough said!

You should make the guard in front of the castle stop us from walking behind him, makes no sense that we can go past him but not enter the castle.

Maybe it would be cool to change what the little kids says after you get Isaac in your group since their leader is with us now.

Maybe you could put something cool to steal from the Werewolf and the bosses.

When I got to the castle from the sewers the first thing I did was going to the left and talk to the guard. A message appears saying that we should go to the other way, but instead I went left anyway and got to the other room. The guard in this room then tells me to "feel free to explore the castle". So basically I can explore the rest of the castle when I shouldn't be able to to.

The guard that you give the wine goes back to his initial place when we change maps, you should make sure he's where he was supposed to be since he passed out and there was no one to move him. Specially because if you go back to this room from the north you appear right above him!

When you get to the stairs there are two pillar there, you can walk to the top of them, you should fix that.

At some point king Richard says "King RichardL", the "L" should be a ":". Just a note: I'm not really checking for possible grammar mistakes because english isn't my main language.

After we talk to the King, are we supposed to be able to go back to the castle through the main entrance? Because we still can't get inside. Seems like we can go to castle only after getting the prince, if that's the intention you should put the guard to say the reason you can't enter and make sure you can't go inside through the sewers (I'm not sure if it's possible, didn't check).

When you sleep at the Inn, the extra members (the one who is not one of the three) don't get recovered, you should make sure they do. I'm curious tough, why only 3 active party members at a time?

That's it, I wish you good luck and I'm really looking forward for the full game! You plan on making more demos or just keeping this one as a teaser and launch the full game when ready?

This post has been edited by Zarkara: Sep 18 2009, 12:40 AM

+Quote Post

mikie0100
post Sep 18 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #10

N/A
Group Icon

Thanks for the feedback, Zakara. Since I usually end up working on this in the middle of the night, there are bound to be bugs and spelling errors. I've fixed them all, as far as I know.
I've also followed your suggestions:
The Guard specifies why he won't let you back in the castle. (No, you can't reenter the sewers. Alyss won't let you.)
Bosses have rare things you can only get by stealing from them.
The Sewer Gang says different things after you team up with Isaac.

As for the battle song, I got the first 2 random battle songs from Newgrounds. The artists will be credited in the finalized Game. The third and final random battle song is from Eternal Sonata. (Great game.)

As for the three person party, I thought it would be different, and it works nicely as you have six main party members.
The "only healing your current party" thing is a script issue that I'll have to see if I can fix.

I'm uploading version 2.0 of the Demo, which has all of these changes and advances the story to the point where
all main party members are introduced. This will probably be as far as I go with the Demo.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zarkara
post Sep 19 2009, 12:53 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Type: Coder

I just finished the 2.0 demo starting from my saved file.

Denneb<3! I remember her from Tactics Ogre, great game.

Just some stuff to comment:

When I went to the shop I noticed that Edwin could use the Bestiary, is he supposed to be able to equip it?

The guy that stops us from going east of the town say that a witch who lives in the south (Denneb) cursed the lands over there. Why did she do it anyway?

Sometimes the Banshee's Confusing attack can be scary, the only way to cure confusing is with remedy and I only had 2 with me. The shop doesn't sell it either. Unfortunately, Edwin's Cure can't heal it, so... yeah. I got unlucky and Reinning hit me for over 9000! (joking) Sometimes she doesn't even use this attack, and it can fail... So I wouldn't change the way she is but maybe adding more confusion healing options would be cool.

The ending of the first demo looked more cool. That Denneb talking, the music, and the name of the game looked really cool.

I've seen in another game a script that allows you to see the other party members in the main menu so you can interact with them even if they aren't fighting. I don't know what script is that but if you happen to find it, it would be cool to put in the game. It sucks to have to change party member to change the equipment.

I noticed there's no hard puzzles in the game. Although I don't really mind since I play more for the history and stuff, people seem to like more elaborated puzzles. It can take some time to make but if well done can make the game even better.

I'm curious to see where this game will lead us to, right now we don't really know what's going on.

Good luck!

+Quote Post

mikie0100
post Sep 19 2009, 01:14 PM
Post #12

N/A
Group Icon

Ha, yes, I liked the first ending better as well, but I just wanted to get the next version of the demo out.
As for Denneb, her back story is to be explained when you gain your final party member, so not too
long after the Demo 2.0 ends. There's also one of those delightful scenes where the bad guys are all together
explaining their evil plot in detail just for the sake of the player.

As for the Edwin thing, I had initially planned to make him able to use tomes, but I decided not to. It seems I missed one of them.

I wanted all the puzzles to get progressively harder. (Starting with the ridiculous one in the Royal Tomb and getting more serious.) It's to go along with the game getting more serious as the story progresses.

...and as for the confusing attack, I have a great idea for an item that cures confusion.

--------------------

+Quote Post

chocobox
post Sep 28 2009, 04:40 PM
Post #13

Kweh! :3
Group Icon

I'm sorry I was just browsing through, but...the first screenshot LOL! "If I sleep with their corpses" >_< Bahahaha, i'm sorry i'm sorry, I know you try to make it seem more 'real', but that just cracked me up xD

Looks like a nice game though, love the windowskin. Maybe i'll give it a try later, but for now i'm going to continue giggling like a schoolgirl at the first screenshot xD

--------------------

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

+Quote Post

mikie0100
post Sep 29 2009, 02:13 AM
Post #14

N/A
Group Icon

Update: Demo version now 2.2!
The demo is now the entirety of the game's Prologue and first Chapter.
Also, with a bit of script tweaking, I managed to fix the problem with only showing the first 3 party members. Now you can easily select any member of the party in the menu.

--------------------

+Quote Post

mikie0100
post Oct 29 2009, 11:32 PM
Post #15

N/A
Group Icon

bump Update: Demo version now 2.5, and the game is now officially half completed.

2.5 of the demo fixes bugs, and adds more story and sidequests.

--------------------

+Quote Post

PathOfTheNinjaTh...
post Oct 30 2009, 12:21 AM
Post #16

Undisclosed
Group Icon

Looks nice. But the thing is, I just don't like Final Fantasy remakes, I don't even like Final Fantasy games TOO much. Some of them are really good, in some areas. But they never take all the great parts that one of them has, and combines it with all the others. That would make a good game!
But XXVIII?
28?

--------------------
Undisclosed

+Quote Post

mikie0100
post Oct 30 2009, 12:33 AM
Post #17

N/A
Group Icon

Well, if you'd like to see all the great parts from Final Fnatasy's all in one game,
and by that I mean all the ridiculous cliche nonsense, then you'll love this.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Scazz
post Oct 30 2009, 02:01 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

fantastic <3

+Quote Post

mikie0100
post Nov 11 2009, 04:11 PM
Post #19

N/A
Group Icon

Demo updated to 2.8, all known bugs fixed. Trying out some new scripts in this one.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kaimi
post May 4 2010, 09:11 AM
Post #20

RPGMakerVX.net's official Seranille lover
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

Is this game still in production? I guess not, 'cause I didn't see any update for some time....

--------------------

Thanks to Kaviator for the signature

My resources
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 03:37 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.