iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Notes for Complete Game Threads

This forum is for completed RPG Maker VX games. Please do not post threads about games being made in other engines here.

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tales of Fantasy XXVIII, ...what happens when there are no more heroes?
CryingChrona
post Oct 22 2011, 03:55 PM
Post #141

Group Icon

Type: Designer

Your game is amazing biggrin.gif I'm on Chapter two atm :3
How did you makes the bows different? I put in the BOW_ATTACK thing and it makes it look like the wooden bow instead of a black bow?
T^T I am in need of your wisdom T^T

--------------------
----
"A sound soul dwells within a sound mind and a sound body"-Maka Albarn
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Heawon
post Nov 4 2011, 04:47 AM
Post #142

Group Icon

Ok this is my first post an first review so i will try not to be horrible at this!

Spoiler:
I loved how it was pressed more to a mature audience and that you realized more than kids enjoy games. I liked the characters and boss fights were fun. The end quests were way fun. I had minor glitchs happen and the lag got bad sometimes. I figured out how to "fix" the lag is to save close game down and come back in. The stats increasing potion guy is just way outta balance. If you were to keep him i would make his prices way higher! It's all about supply and demand! But, overall I would have to say thank you I had lots of fun and made a couple memories.

9.7/10

+Quote Post

Blastoy
post Nov 14 2011, 01:28 AM
Post #143

Group Icon

A game with an iconic NPC who goes on a tale to defeat a monster in which god knows where he came from. The story starts out very dusk, enlightening each step of the way with cool puzzles in between. The battles always felt hard and challenging; even with the most upgraded tools did one feel almost dead. It had a nice, vast world with a few funny catchphrases, cool clips, and a plethora of cut scenes that increased game play. A few grammar mistakes here and there, but that's just minimal to the greatness of it's features. 9.5/10

Nice job on it!

--------------------

Project Name: theHERO
Sprites: 70%
Story: 40%
Maps: 20%
Events: 25%
Total Progress: 39%
Currently working on: Dungeons

+Quote Post

Crichton
post Nov 17 2011, 10:18 PM
Post #144

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

I hope Battle system will stay the same in final release.

+Quote Post

Liquid Soul
post Jan 16 2012, 08:24 PM
Post #145

Group Icon

Type: Musician

I can't freaking stop playing this game. A+ from me.

Quick question though; is Renning stuck in my party for awhile now? Granted he's a beast, but I don't like the whole auto-battle thing. I can't seem to figure out how to change him out. Thanks in advance, and kudos again on the great game.

EDIT: Ah...yep. Got it. Solid work.

This post has been edited by Liquid Soul: Jan 18 2012, 12:16 AM

+Quote Post

Juunanagou
post Mar 27 2012, 08:24 PM
Post #146

Group Icon

Spoiler:
Any suggestion how to beat silver with tim in the first battle?

He kills me everytime. I have to level up? Than Tim will be an upper level too?

--------------------
If you need help with maps feel free to contact me. Sorry, I can't do much, but I'll be happy to help you.

+Quote Post

mikie0100
post May 1 2012, 09:58 PM
Post #147

N/A
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Hello, everyone! I'm back. First, I'd like to say I'm really thankful for the feedback and I'm glad you all (for the most part) enjoyed it. This was my first RPG. It was way buggy, I know. At this point, it's been so long that I can't really help you with them. I've gotten much better at using VX, and I honestly have no idea how I managed to make this game even half-playable.

Those of you hoping for the Sequel/DLC, I still plan on doing it one day, and it will hopefully be awesome. But, right now I'm working on a new game: "Wake Up." check it out over at the Project Developement Forum. It's a much more dark and serious game than Tales of Fantasy XXVIII.

Again, I really do appreciate what everyone has had to say about this game.

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Edge of Sani...
post May 21 2012, 02:18 AM
Post #148

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

QUOTE (mikie0100 @ May 1 2012, 01:58 PM) *
Hello, everyone! I'm back. First, I'd like to say I'm really thankful for the feedback and I'm glad you all (for the most part) enjoyed it. This was my first RPG. It was way buggy, I know. At this point, it's been so long that I can't really help you with them. I've gotten much better at using VX, and I honestly have no idea how I managed to make this game even half-playable.

Those of you hoping for the Sequel/DLC, I still plan on doing it one day, and it will hopefully be awesome. But, right now I'm working on a new game: "Wake Up." check it out over at the Project Developement Forum. It's a much more dark and serious game than Tales of Fantasy XXVIII.

Again, I really do appreciate what everyone has had to say about this game.

I just want to say that I really enjoyed this game when I first played it. I'm so glad it's still up and available for download because I didn't have the time to finish it. Now I do and intend to do such! smile.gif I'm definetely going to be checking this new game out. Glad to see you're still crafting new adventures!

+Quote Post

Draik Cherish
post Jun 11 2012, 03:25 AM
Post #149

Unsure Retributionist
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

Actually, I just started up the game, and I fought "Bob", the guy in the mountains. I beat him and gained to level 3, and it said there was a script error, that the stack was too high or something like that, and the game crashed...
blink.gif

+Quote Post

amerk
post Jun 11 2012, 02:04 PM
Post #150

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

A lot of scripts change the functionality of in-game menu options, and ends up messing up the F12 feature. What winds up happening is the player starts up the game (new or saved), and at some point hits the F12 key to go back to the initial start up menu so they can begin again from their last save. The game will play normally until a certain point (usually battle-related), in which case the game then crashes.

What you need to do is this: Everytime you wish to stop playing, or begin from your last save point, completely close the game out (close out the window for the game or click Shut Down at the main menu), and then start it back up again when you are ready to play some more. I'm not sure if that is the case with this game, but it's worth testing to see if that is the problem.

+Quote Post

Chuckster
post Jul 7 2012, 01:19 PM
Post #151

Group Icon

Hey Dude,

this is the best I've ever seen made on the VX, Maybe Valkyre Story would have come close but it didn't.
Anyway ... could you please tell the community what script you used for the Overdrives.
I mean that you have to push certain buttons or mash the buttons. I'm dying to do that in my game, but I'm clueless.
I'd much appreciate that bro.

Chuckster

+Quote Post

machogrubba14
post Jul 8 2012, 03:58 AM
Post #152

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Just by looking at the screenshots I can tell that this is going to be a good game! Can't wait to play it! It really looks exciting and beautiful! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Youtube Channel!
Art is the way YOU express YOUR creativity!
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!

*My Current Game Projects!*Check it out! XD

My way of thanking those who have helped me in the past!
<---- LOL

CHECK THESE OUT PEEPS!!!!:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

amerk
post Jul 18 2012, 02:34 AM
Post #153

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

I finished up with the game today, and overall I'm impressed. While the game has its share of faults (what game doesn't?), it was a lot more enjoyable than many other games I've played as of late. The fact that this was all done in VX was also pretty impressive, considering I've seen very few remarkable VX games (maybe only a handful, at most).

The story was well written and very entertaining, and while the characters did tend to swear a lot, this didn't seem to detract from the story. There were plenty of cliches to poke fun of, and the characters were well rounded. The audio fit well with the style of the game, and I especially liked some of the dungeon cave and temple music. The mapping was an excellent feat, very well done, and without the use of SwapXT that I'm aware of. Very good use of the tileset limitations.

Some of the things that could probably have been better: The game was far too linear, even after you get the airship. The route you take through the game seemed to go directly from one point to another. Occasionally you could deviate from the path to find some loot, but very seldom did you have any branching roads that took you to various areas. Likewise, the game play was also very linear, which resulted in a lack of side quests that could have made the game a bit more enjoyable. The monsters, while easy enough to fight, seemed to take a bit too long to die based upon the amount of damage you were able to dish out at any given time, and leveling up didn't seem to make these fights any quicker. Finally, your characters don't gain any new OD's than what they seem to start with until late into the game. This combined with the tedious battle system started to weigh down against the overall thrill of playing the game.

My final gripe is that I felt the ending was cut-off a bit too abruptly. While I get their travels are not yet over, there seemed to be a need for further exposition, or maybe a longer fade out of the final scene. It just seemed to suddenly cut off and switch to the ending credits, and I had to sit back for a moment and think... That's it?

Regardless, though, as I stated above, it was a pretty enjoyable game and one that nobody should pass up. If anything, it can show people how to be better mappers and storytellers, and they don't need a bunch of fancy tools to accomplish that. I do look forward to its sequel and wish you the best of luck in that, although from the looks of it I may have to wait awhile.

This post has been edited by amerkevicius: Jul 18 2012, 01:14 PM

+Quote Post

Kaleb Daub
post Oct 7 2012, 04:06 AM
Post #154

Group Icon

Hey is their a way to get a script from this game it uses crimson sea's skill activation script and this is the game I know that uses so if there is a way I can get that script from the game and graphics that go with it. This game is amazing by the way I tried the demo then the game I like the idea of the logo before the title screen because it just seems to me its a little brunt how the title screen pops up I think it should flow a bit more smoothly. Thats my only complaint.

--------------------
The world is not beautiful therefore it is.

My Games.

+Quote Post

dither
post Oct 7 2012, 05:58 AM
Post #155

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

QUOTE (babyangelgirl2 @ Dec 27 2010, 04:48 PM) *
EDIT:

Unfortunately, I can not complete the game. A script error related to the battle victory scene [stack level too deep] now crashes the game every time I engage in battle. So my options are either to run (which is insanely difficult for some reason) or win, level and have the game crash. It a game and deal breaker for me. Nice try. I did enjoy what bits I could play though, spelling erros aside.

I took some time to grind the hero up to level 4 before I fought Bob. On the road to the next town, I hit the stack error trying to advance him to level 6.

I never did figure out how to use overdrives, but that was okay because mashing the "attack" button got me through every fight.

It was frustrating to see the lighting "forget" it was nighttime between houses and the village, and some of the switches to disable NPC appearances looked a little sloppy (they just "blinked" out of existence, which was kind of jarring).

Let me know if you're going to work on the stack error, I could try and screen shot it the next time I see it. Otherwise, this game is just going on my virtual "shelf." No reason to continue if it's borked, y'know what I mean?

This post has been edited by dither: Oct 7 2012, 05:58 AM

--------------------
Rumors of War webcomic, gaming/game design blog, video series
http://norvendae.com/

Designing with Math and Spreadsheets
[-General-] Combat and Character Advancement
States, Elements, and Critical Hits
[-General-] For Massive Damage

Desiderata, Chapter One
one hour~ gameplay demo

+Quote Post

TaylorStreet
post Oct 21 2012, 02:59 PM
Post #156

Group Icon

Hey I am new here.

I downloaded the game. When I went to play it, though, it said "RGSS202E.dll could not be found". How am I supposed to fix that? I copied a RGSS202E.dll file from another game and pasted it into the folder for your game, but then I just ended up getting another error.

+Quote Post

Tumbler
post Jun 18 2013, 12:01 AM
Post #157

Group Icon

Hi i downloaded the full game (version 1.5) and i was unable to play because a RGSS202E.dll could not be found. i tried opening the game in rpg maker but still no luck..

:/

+Quote Post

Akod
post Jun 18 2013, 03:28 PM
Post #158

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Try copying this into the game's folder.

Link

--------------------

Having issues eventing something? Feel free to send me a message and I will see what I can do!

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 05:22 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.