iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> ATTENTION!

Do not post questions about Ace in this section. Any and all Ace related support should be posted in the Ace section found here.

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Summoning, Help with summoning?
Cloud82720
post Sep 9 2009, 09:09 AM
Post #1

Stay where you belong, In my memories...
Group Icon

I know there are a lot of topics about summoning but please... hear me out please?

anyway... i followed (i believe the name was) Yuri's tutorial on making a summon... But mine just will not work and idk y...

anyway... im making a fantasy RPG with VX (obviously) and i have

ATB 1.1d + SBS 3.3b (Eng 1.2 & 2.4)

that is the RPG Maker VX I am using for my RPG...

anyway, im trying to make it so that i can summon a creature in this order

1. Start Battle
2. Go to Summon (skills in my case, will find a way to change that later)
3. Pick the summon
4. use the summon spell (just the summon spell, NOT the animation for the summon)
5. summon says something like this "Why have you summoned me?" "I have, we need your help!" "Okay, then it shall be done" then he/she uses its ability with animation+damage
6. Then they say something like "It has been done... Farewell..."
7. They leave the battle
8. The battle continues

Here are a few screenies i have for my script, animation, skill, and event!

Attached File  Common_Event.png ( 20.48K ) Number of downloads: 79

Attached File  Script.png ( 16.92K ) Number of downloads: 49

Attached File  Skill_1.png ( 28.96K ) Number of downloads: 42

Attached File  Skill_2.png ( 28.4K ) Number of downloads: 30

Attached File  Summon_Actor.png ( 46.89K ) Number of downloads: 58

If anyone can please tell me what im doing wrong, or if there is just something i missed please tell me... thank you

--------------------

Cloud ~ RPG Maker VX Developer In Training

Not Taking Requests for ANYTHING

Hoping to become a Game Developer for Square-Enix someday!

Chaos Crystals - Demo Due for Release
Spoiler:
Chaos Crystals

Storyline: Basic one that is used alot, main character lost his memory, doesnt know who he is or anyone around him, and he finds a girl in a dungeon, and then something happens which is unknown, then he has his first flashback of his life, but the twist is that he is sent back, so in his flashback, he doesn't have his memory back! (still in progress, will update weekly)

Characters:

Kale (main):

Age- 21
Sex- Male
Weapon of Choice- 2 Swords
Orientation- Straight
Job- Knight Guardsmen
Class- Warrior --> Paladin
Bio- Young man who has lost his memory and is trying to find out who he is, and why he woke up with a giant sword stained with blood...

Lillyanna (main's wife):

Age- 19
Sex- Female
Weapon of Choice- 2 Handed Sword
Orientation- Straight
Job- Patrol Guard
Class- Paladin --> Holy Knight
Bio- The young woman who stole Kale's heart at the young age of 14 years old. She was once a very shy and weak young girl, but has grown into a ferocious fighter!

Scripts:

(Will get list soon enough, and will give credit AFTER the game is finished, keep in mind, credit will not be shown on demos)

Classes Available:

Warrior - Strength and Defense are Vital for this blood bathed Class! --> Blood Warrior/Holy Warrior
Paladin - Balanced class with Defense, Strength, and Healing spells --> Death Paladin/Shining Paladin
Mage - with the sacrifice of Strength and Defense, you make up with Powerful Magic Spells! --> Warlock/Wizard
Priest - As like a mage, with the sacrifice of Strength and Defense, you make up with amazing healing abilities! --> Shadow Priest/Holy Priest
Demon - With the ability of the underworld at your fingers, you use your powers to determine what skills you raise! --> Devil/Angel
Spirit Knight - Likely to be the most powerful class in the game, your strength is low, but defense, speed, and magic are beyond that of even a Shadow Priest! --> Holy Knight/Death Knight

Chaos Crystals Progression
Spoiler:
Progress Completion Level:

Story - 005%
Characters - 075%
Title - 095%
Equipment - 035%
Items - 030%
Side Quests - 000%
Easter Egg(s) - 000%
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

mudducky
post Sep 9 2009, 06:30 PM
Post #2

Lurking...
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: True Neutral

Looks to me the problem is with the skill. The base damage will have to be at least 1 for the common event to go through. Either that or you have a 4th party member already. smile.gif

This post has been edited by mudducky: Sep 9 2009, 06:32 PM

--------------------
Want help with learning the RPG Maker VX events?

Support. Check out these projects! They are not placed in top ranking order or anything like that.

+Quote Post

SuperOverlord
post Sep 9 2009, 07:10 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

What's happening exactly that it doesnt work?

I remember seeing somewhere force action doesnt work right in sbs without a patch( I think by Mithran?)
You'll find it on the tankentai page if it exists.

Im still yet to really try sbs so i cant really help.

+Quote Post

Cloud82720
post Sep 9 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

the problem is that it doesnt matter which spell i use or if it has damage or not, when i summon my monster, it goes like this

1. use skill
2. use animation
3. do damage
4. summon creature
5. creature and I talk
6. creature SAYS he does the spell (but nothing happens)
7. creature leaves
8. battle continues without him actually doing anything....

--------------------

Spoiler:
Chaos Crystals

Storyline: Basic one that is used alot, main character lost his memory, doesnt know who he is or anyone around him, and he finds a girl in a dungeon, and then something happens which is unknown, then he has his first flashback of his life, but the twist is that he is sent back, so in his flashback, he doesn't have his memory back! (still in progress, will update weekly)

Characters:

Kale (main):

Age- 21
Sex- Male
Orientation- Straight
Job- Knight Guardsmen
Bio- Young man who has lost his memory and is trying to find out who he is, and why he woke up with a giant sword stained with blood...

Lillyanna (main's wife):

Age- 19
Sex- Female
Orientation- Straight
Job- Patrol Guard
Bio- The young woman who stole Kale's heart at the young age of 14 years old. She was once a very shy and weak young girl, but has grown into a ferocious fighter!

Scripts:

(Will get list soon enough, and will give credit AFTER the game is finished, keep in mind, credit will not be shown on demos)

Classes Available:

Warrior - Strength and Defense are Vital for this blood bathed Class! --> Blood Warrior/Holy Warrior
Paladin - Balanced class with Defense, Strength, and Healing spells --> Death Paladin/Shining Paladin
Mage - with the sacrifice of Strength and Defense, you make up with Powerful Magic Spells! --> Warlock/Wizard
Priest - As like a mage, with the sacrifice of Strength and Defense, you make up with amazing healing abilities! --> Shadow Priest/Holy Priest
Demon - With the ability of the underworld at your fingers, you use your powers to determine what skills you raise! --> Devil/Angel
Spirit Knight - Likely to be the most powerful class in the game, your strength is low, but defense, speed, and magic are beyond that of even a Shadow Priest! --> Holy Knight/Death Knight

Spoiler:

Story - 005%
Characters - 075%
Title - 095%
Equipment - 035%
Items - 030%
Side Quests - 000%
Easter Egg(s) - 000%

+Quote Post

mudducky
post Sep 9 2009, 09:13 PM
Post #5

Lurking...
Group Icon

From what SuperOverlord has said, have you tried the patch?

You can find the patch on this topic.
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=3781

It's titled "Mithran's Force Action Fix for ATB". The URL leads to the entire thread since there are other patches in case you experience other problems. smile.gif

This post has been edited by mudducky: Sep 9 2009, 09:13 PM

--------------------

Support. Check out these projects! They are not placed in top ranking order or anything like that.

+Quote Post

Cloud82720
post Sep 9 2009, 09:17 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (mudducky @ Sep 9 2009, 03:13 PM) *
From what SuperOverlord has said, have you tried the patch?

You can find the patch on this topic.
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=3781

It's titled "Mithran's Force Action Fix for ATB". The URL leads to the entire thread since there are other patches in case you experience other problems. smile.gif

may i ask where i put this patch? is it in the same place u put all the new stuff?

above MAIN and below MATERIALS?

--------------------

Spoiler:
Chaos Crystals

Characters:

Kale (main):

Age- 21
Sex- Male
Orientation- Straight
Job- Knight Guardsmen

Lillyanna (main's wife):

Age- 19
Sex- Female
Orientation- Straight
Job- Patrol Guard

Scripts:

Classes Available:

Spoiler:

Story - 005%
Characters - 075%
Title - 095%
Equipment - 035%
Items - 030%
Side Quests - 000%
Easter Egg(s) - 000%

+Quote Post

mudducky
post Sep 9 2009, 09:23 PM
Post #7

Lurking...
Group Icon

Again, this is only for the ATB. Place this patch below the ATB scripts.

Below the ATB and above Main. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cloud82720
post Sep 9 2009, 09:25 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (mudducky @ Sep 9 2009, 03:23 PM) *
Below the ATB and above Main. smile.gif

awesome i'll test it out really quick

it doesnt seem to work at ALL... i put it where u said to... but it still doest he exact same thing.....

OK here is my new method, since that last one did not work...~

i want to make a summon that is only a picture that comes into the battle ok ^.^

i did it all on my own and everything, i have it set so that when my player uses the skill "Summon Kintaro" (my summon's name), he will summon him and it will just be a picture ^.^

now there is a problem... when he is summoned and he uses the animation to do damage... there is no damage...

and i do not want to set a force damage - 750 on entire enemy group, because its a summon, i want it to be like a random damage from like 700-800ish, and raise respectively on the summoners spirit...

also, if im fighting ice/water elements, i want it to do 1/2 damage, and when fighting grass/wind elements, it is doubled....

Screenies FTW!!!

can anyone help me figure this one out?

Attached File  Common_Event.png ( 25.7K ) Number of downloads: 17

Attached File  Skill_1.png ( 28.96K ) Number of downloads: 12

The reason why it has no damage on it, is because when it is used, he will do the damage right away, no animation, no summon, nothing....

This post has been edited by Cloud82720: Sep 9 2009, 11:24 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:
Chaos Crystals

Characters:

Kale (main):

Age- 21
Sex- Male
Orientation- Straight
Job- Knight Guardsmen

Lillyanna (main's wife):

Age- 19
Sex- Female
Orientation- Straight
Job- Patrol Guard

Scripts:

Classes Available:

Spoiler:

Story - 005%
Characters - 075%
Title - 095%
Equipment - 035%
Items - 030%
Side Quests - 000%
Easter Egg(s) - 000%

+Quote Post

thechromeninja
post Sep 10 2009, 01:31 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Type: Writer

why don't u try using events? it may be easier than scripting. u can show pics, texts, dialogue, damage, and anima, and have it set to a switch or variable, however u decide. have them cast the summon that does basically nothing except trigger a common event

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cloud82720
post Sep 10 2009, 02:01 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (thechromeninja @ Sep 9 2009, 06:31 PM) *
why don't u try using events? it may be easier than scripting. u can show pics, texts, dialogue, damage, and anima, and have it set to a switch or variable, however u decide. have them cast the summon that does basically nothing except trigger a common event

sleep.gif

im not even using a script to make this, im using common events lol... it just wont work the way i want it to... unless im missing something....

can anyone please help me with this?

--------------------

Spoiler:
Chaos Crystals

Characters:

Kale (main):

Age- 21
Sex- Male
Orientation- Straight
Job- Knight Guardsmen

Lillyanna (main's wife):

Age- 19
Sex- Female
Orientation- Straight
Job- Patrol Guard

Scripts:

Classes Available:

Spoiler:

Story - 005%
Characters - 075%
Title - 095%
Equipment - 035%
Items - 030%
Side Quests - 000%
Easter Egg(s) - 000%

+Quote Post

Oscarvarium
post Sep 10 2009, 01:03 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Type: Musician

In those two screenshots you have nothing that will cause damage, either in the skill that the actor uses or in the common event. The screenshots in your first post look like they should work. The only thing I can think is that you're forcing actor 4 to use the attack, and if you didn't have exactly 3 actors in your party before the summon then it wouldn't work right.

--------------------

+Quote Post

thechromeninja
post Sep 10 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Type: Writer

ok dude i played with this for a few min and this what i did:

Have summon spell call upon a common event.
Have the common event flick a switch.
Set up the troop battle condition as switch: summon or wateva
Show pic(play wit it for right spot)
Text entry
Wait xx frames
erase pic
Flash screen
Show battle anima: entire troop [fire/whole2]
Change enemy hp: entire troop, -1000

This works fine except that annoying message when you cast summon spell that says it had no effect. I made my skill to target user and play heal 1 animation and sound. so you could create another status or element category and play with it so it says something useful.
And then the other problem is it doesn't show damage anywhere when u just change the enemy HP. So you need to add a text box saying something like: [summon] uses power to obliterate/ cause x damage to the enemy. ya know something... or you could add another pic to show numbers on screen. but that would be time consuming cause getting those damn pics in the right spot is ridiculous sometimes. anyway i hope that helpls

--------------------

+Quote Post

Oscarvarium
post Sep 10 2009, 06:28 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Type: Musician

QUOTE (thechromeninja @ Sep 10 2009, 06:55 PM) *
ok dude i played with this for a few min and this what i did:

Have summon spell call upon a common event.
Have the common event flick a switch.
Set up the troop battle condition as switch: summon or wateva
Show pic(play wit it for right spot)
Text entry
Wait xx frames
erase pic
Flash screen
Show battle anima: entire troop [fire/whole2]
Change enemy hp: entire troop, -1000

This works fine except that annoying message when you cast summon spell that says it had no effect. I made my skill to target user and play heal 1 animation and sound. so you could create another status or element category and play with it so it says something useful.
And then the other problem is it doesn't show damage anywhere when u just change the enemy HP. So you need to add a text box saying something like: [summon] uses power to obliterate/ cause x damage to the enemy. ya know something... or you could add another pic to show numbers on screen. but that would be time consuming cause getting those damn pics in the right spot is ridiculous sometimes. anyway i hope that helpls

Well that could work but as the OP said, he wants the attack to be slightly random and also have an elemental effect (i.e. fire does double damage against ice or grass monsters. The Change Enemy HP command doesn't do that.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cloud82720
post Sep 10 2009, 07:17 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (Oscarvarium @ Sep 10 2009, 12:28 PM) *
Well that could work but as the OP said, he wants the attack to be slightly random and also have an elemental effect (i.e. fire does double damage against ice or grass monsters. The Change Enemy HP command doesn't do that.

exactly and i cant figure it out...

and the reason why i dont have any damage on the skill is because if i do, it will do the damage right away, before he even SUMMONS the guy.... which bites...

plus yes i want it to be like a min/max dmg limit (400-500ish) damage... idk yet, im still testing out the HP and defense on my game,...

and yeah i also wanted the elemental effect... until then i cant figure it out... all im missing is the elemental effectand the min/max dmg.... but i want the damage to happen AFTER the animation... but BEFORE he leaves...

--------------------

Spoiler:
Chaos Crystals

Characters:

Kale (main):

Age- 21
Sex- Male
Orientation- Straight
Job- Knight Guardsmen

Lillyanna (main's wife):

Age- 19
Sex- Female
Orientation- Straight
Job- Patrol Guard

Scripts:

Classes Available:

Spoiler:

Story - 005%
Characters - 075%
Title - 095%
Equipment - 035%
Items - 030%
Side Quests - 000%
Easter Egg(s) - 000%

+Quote Post

SuperOverlord
post Sep 10 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

You could easily use variables to vary damage using the change hp method but thats without elements taken into account.
Though im sure if you thought about it conditional branches and switches could be used to change damage element depending. A certain switch is on if the enemy you're fighting is fire, etc but i cant see how it would work if it was a target all skill against multiply enemies with varying weaknesses against it.

Again I havnt looked into sbs, but I'm pretty sure there's a way to link skills. One skill could be for the animation (the picture appearing, show text and flash screen, etc.) and another for the damage. Could be wrong about how that'd work though.

I'll spend a while trying to work it out tonight. I've kaduki battlers downloaded and sitting there. There's probably other people already know how to do this though.

+Quote Post

Cloud82720
post Sep 10 2009, 07:32 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (SuperOverlord @ Sep 10 2009, 01:26 PM) *
You could easily use variables to vary damage using the change hp method but thats without elements taken into account.
Though im sure if you thought about it conditional branches and switches could be used to change damage element depending. A certain switch is on if the enemy you're fighting is fire, etc but i cant see how it would work if it was a target all skill against multiply enemies with varying weaknesses against it.

Again I havnt looked into sbs, but I'm pretty sure there's a way to link skills. One skill could be for the animation (the picture appearing, show text and flash screen, etc.) and another for the damage. Could be wrong about how that'd work though.

I'll spend a while trying to work it out tonight. I've kaduki battlers downloaded and sitting there. There's probably other people already know how to do this though.

it would be really helpful if u could kinda mess with it tonight or something... cuz idk how to use variables much yet... conditional branches i do, and i will try to figure that out here in a few minutes, and if i can get it working CORRECTLY then i will let you know ^.^

if not i hope you or someone else can figure this out...

keep in mind:

1. i dont want to summon another ACTOR... justa picture and then animation then damage, then they leave, then battle continues
2. screens to HELP... i am a visual learner... so if u could use screenshots please DO SO...
3. i would love some details... nothing simple like "use variables, that will fix ur problem" idk how to do that... i would like some details please...
4. I am still a noob, and im very friendly, and patient, so please, i only ask the same from you (the readers/posters) to be nice and patient with this nuub...

thank you... anyway

i'll test it out now...

--------------------

Spoiler:
Chaos Crystals

Characters:

Kale (main):

Age- 21
Sex- Male
Orientation- Straight
Job- Knight Guardsmen

Lillyanna (main's wife):

Age- 19
Sex- Female
Orientation- Straight
Job- Patrol Guard

Scripts:

Classes Available:

Spoiler:

Story - 005%
Characters - 075%
Title - 095%
Equipment - 035%
Items - 030%
Side Quests - 000%
Easter Egg(s) - 000%

+Quote Post

SuperOverlord
post Sep 10 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Well to vary damage done with variables is really simple.
Pick control variables.
Pick the variable id and name it ( just like switches)
Check the little circle next to set
In the bottom part pick random and set what your damage varies between e.g. 600 ~ 700

In the event pick change enemy HP and instead of constant pick variable.
Pick the variable you just made.

Thats just two basic enough events so i doubt theres need for a screenshot

Be aware variables dont work right until you get a fix. Just google rpg maker variable fix or something.

And rpg maker vx school will really help you learn how to use them.

edit: I'll have a look at link skill and things tonight. Busy for next while though. Someone made a tutorial about sbs skills didnt they? It involves editing the config script i believe. you dont really need to understand ruby though to do it.

Are you using kaduki battlers by the way? If i try anything itll be with that cause i really dont feel like downloading a different demo.

This post has been edited by SuperOverlord: Sep 10 2009, 07:53 PM

+Quote Post

Cloud82720
post Sep 10 2009, 08:01 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE (SuperOverlord @ Sep 10 2009, 01:46 PM) *
Well to vary damage done with variables is really simple.
Pick control variables.
Pick the variable id and name it ( just like switches)
Check the little circle next to set
In the bottom part pick random and set what your damage varies between e.g. 600 ~ 700

In the event pick change enemy HP and instead of constant pick variable.
Pick the variable you just made.

Thats just two basic enough events so i doubt theres need for a screenshot

Be aware variables dont work right until you get a fix. Just google rpg maker variable fix or something.

And rpg maker vx school will really help you learn how to use them.

edit: I'll have a look at link skill and things tonight. Busy for next while though. Someone made a tutorial about sbs skills didnt they? It involves editing the config script i believe. you dont really need to understand ruby though to do it.

Are you using kaduki battlers by the way? If i try anything itll be with that cause i really dont feel like downloading a different demo.

This is the one that I am using...

What I'm Using

what is variable fix? and what do i do with it? is it a script?

idk how to get it to work... lol... i made the variable and then the change enemy HP to it, but it still doesnt work.... here is a screenshot... let me know if im wrong...

Attached File  Common_Event.png ( 28.76K ) Number of downloads: 9

idk what i really did but i fixed it kinda... his damage now works... but im not sure about the elemental thing yet...

This post has been edited by Cloud82720: Sep 10 2009, 08:17 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:
Chaos Crystals

Characters:

Kale (main):

Age- 21
Sex- Male
Orientation- Straight
Job- Knight Guardsmen

Lillyanna (main's wife):

Age- 19
Sex- Female
Orientation- Straight
Job- Patrol Guard

Scripts:

Classes Available:

Spoiler:

Story - 005%
Characters - 075%
Title - 095%
Equipment - 035%
Items - 030%
Side Quests - 000%
Easter Egg(s) - 000%

+Quote Post

SuperOverlord
post Sep 10 2009, 08:53 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

The variable has to be above the change damage event.
I think all the variables start at 0 default.

Think about it. You're setting his damage to be the variables value before you've even set the variable a value.

I think Aindra has a tutorial for variables alone if you're sure you know how to do all the rest of the stuff.
It'll be in the master tutorial list.

edit: Does wait work in battles? I don't think it does. Could be wrong though.

This post has been edited by SuperOverlord: Sep 10 2009, 08:54 PM

+Quote Post

Cloud82720
post Sep 10 2009, 09:08 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (SuperOverlord @ Sep 10 2009, 02:53 PM) *
The variable has to be above the change damage event.
I think all the variables start at 0 default.

Think about it. You're setting his damage to be the variables value before you've even set the variable a value.

I think Aindra has a tutorial for variables alone if you're sure you know how to do all the rest of the stuff.
It'll be in the master tutorial list.

edit: Does wait work in battles? I don't think it does. Could be wrong though.

yeah it does, otherwise he would talk right thorugh it all and leave in like 5 seconds lol, so yeah it works... ^.^

anyway, can u give me a link to the tutorial please? that would be very helpful! Even tho you have done more than enough now and i thank you very very much ^.^

--------------------

Spoiler:
Chaos Crystals

Characters:

Kale (main):

Age- 21
Sex- Male
Orientation- Straight
Job- Knight Guardsmen

Lillyanna (main's wife):

Age- 19
Sex- Female
Orientation- Straight
Job- Patrol Guard

Scripts:

Classes Available:

Spoiler:

Story - 005%
Characters - 075%
Title - 095%
Equipment - 035%
Items - 030%
Side Quests - 000%
Easter Egg(s) - 000%

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 05:09 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.