QUOTE (Saekonungar @ Nov 19 2009, 07:57 PM)
You misunderstood me, man, as I meant the exact opposite: you DID mention me, but I was saying there was not a real reason to do that to begin with. All I did was pointing out some typos and throw an idea or two, I don't think that's reason enough to deserve credit. But...thank you.
Good luck with that error and exam.
EDIT- I've been meaning to say this for a long time, but always keep forgetting to: that Zel avatar is awesome.
I'm sorry...Sleep Deprivation + Stress + reading to quickly = Formula for me missing things very easily and overreacting. But you did help a lot. So thanks again.
And thanks for the comment on the avatar.
OK, guys, a few quick updates, although nothing too dramatic. I just want to mention some of the new features that are being implemented into the game in the very near to present future. Most all of these will be present on the next demo, so I wanted to stir up some hype before then.
1) A new email system: You will, throughout the game, get emails from old friends and important emails that progress the story. With the emails from friends you will be able to reply and if you reply in certain ways, the conversation will continue and you will be reworded for this with items, friendship, and even side stories. It'll be fun. If you've ever played the .Hack// games than you know what I'm trying to do here. This is all possible thanks to Yanfly's Common_Event_Menu.
2) As some might know from my thread on this in the general discussion forum, I'm planning to add a mini-game/story event where you are flying in a little ship trying to survive a meteor field. Although this is only in early development still, I've got quite a few ideas, and I think this will be fun. This will also be attached to a simulation room that will allow you to re-enter missions, and complete specific requirements for experience for the ship, and even items and upgrades. It'll be kinda like the gummi ship missions from KHII, except not as intricate.
3) I am also starting on the item synthesis feature. This will allow you to craft rare items and equipment. This is also possible thanks to Yanfly's lovely script. And thanks to the giant iconset I've now got, I should be able to have a ton of different material items. If you've played with the radar at all, you'll find that you could have already found a few materials.
4) The radar...needs a revamp. Not sure how, but it'll be getting one eventually. I just hope that it will actually work the way I want it to.
5) Going to finally start using the journal script. I'll be using this like the journal in Tales of Legendia. The Journal gives a basic synopsis of the game, but it was really funny to read because the characters wrote it, and the way it was done, it just added to how well those characters were developed. (awesome game in terms of character development btw).
And as another note, I've almost finished the mapping of The Stratos. This was really hard considering that I was trying very hard to make it different in style and feel from The Damaged Ship that you were on in the Pilot episode. But, it is almost done. All I need to do after that is just populate the place with NPCs and I'll be fine. I expect the the bulk of the opening of episode 1 is just you going to be running around trying to get the player acclimated to the feel of the ship. It's not big, but there are a lot of different rooms so I'm going to make sure you know what they all are.
And that is my update. I'll try to quickly update the main post, and I hope that everyone looks forward to the next demo.
This post has been edited by zbdarkflame: Nov 24 2009, 07:55 PM