iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!
10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The War of Nigel, A mini project from Darkflame Games
The War of Nigel Poll
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 762
Guests cannot vote 
zbdarkflame
post May 3 2008, 11:58 PM
Post #1

Mysterious Shaman
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

A short game based on the NFA vs Nigel Poll.

Introduction

This short game is based on the Nigel vs. the NFA (Nigel Free Alliance) poll and the events that have recently happened in it. This game is going to be the first of many games in a series of games that revolve around the lives of the characters. In specific, this game is between 1 and 2 hours long, and is very story driven. This is largely an RTP project, but I hope that it is presented in such a way that you can forget about it. Please do enjoy this short game, and do give me feedback and support in this project.

Z.B.Darkflame

Story

As negotiations began to bring an end to the Nigel cult in the nation of Krispy, a war broke out. The leader of Krispy turned out to be a Nigel, but not like any the world hat yet seen. His own version of Nigelism had turned violent, and with his now lost mind, he wished to take over the world. In response to this outbreak, the leader of the NFA was forced to send his friend and companion into the Krispy nation to rescue the people of Krispy. Then, when it turned out the situation was much worse, the leader was forced to go himself. This is the story of two recruits, one with the leader, and one with the friend, and their start to a long career in the NFA. For more information read here: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=1451

Characters

Name: Morgan (Or whatever you choose for him to be)
Description:
He is a young man who has just joined the NFA in the political department of the NFA, working under Zak. When war broke out in Krispy, he was brought by Zak into the conflict. Although he does not care for war, he is a decent fighter, his main weapons being a wide assortment of guns. He is constantly thinking about his sister, who is the only family he has left. What happened to their parents is unknown.

Name: Alexis (Or whatever you choose for her to be)
Description:
She is the twin brother of Morgan, and also a member of the NFA. She joined in the spy department for a short time, until she was brought to Krispy to work with Blue Lord. She is very fast, and very stealthy, kind of like an assasin, but she is very good at heart. Her main weapon is a pair of knives. She cares for her brother greatly and also thinks about him often.

Name: Zak (Head of the NFA)
Description:
He is the founder and the leader of the NFA. He is a very caring man, and greatly believes in hs own philosophy. He truly believes that his mission is right, and that the way to one day change the world is through non-violent actions. He has close connections to most Nations, and is always in contact with the UN. He has taken a liking to Morgan and brings him on his mission. Although he would rather not fight, Zak can be deadly with the bow. Little is known about his past, and he is very defensive about it.

Name: Blue Lord (Head of NFA Research)
Description:
He is the head of NFA research, the second in command, and a great friend to Zak. He believes that, beyond anything else, knowledge is power. He can sometimes be harsh but the truth is he is a kind man. He hates traitors and people who give up. He trust Zak no matter what happens and will always stand by his side. His true name, and why he chooses to hide it, is unkown to everyone but Zak. He'd rather avoid fighting, but his fists will protect anyone if they must. He's taken a liking to Alexis for her expertise in aquiering information.

Name: Techie (Head of NFA Technology)
Description:
The technical head of the NFA, he has been a loyal friend of zak since a very long time ago. He is renowned for his technical skills and can build almost anything with his trusty wrench. He never goes anywhere without his trusty wrench. He doesn't actually remember his name, due to the fact that he lost his memory in a catastrophic factory explosion. Zak found him, and, after a long misunderstanding where techie thought zak wanted to kill him, techie joined him as his trusty sidekick and technician. He constantly makes weapon and handy tools for the NFA to use.

Name: Chrispy
Description:
He is a member of the Krispy Government, working as a negotiator between Blue Lord's team, and the Krispy Government. When the Krispy President went and showed his true colors, Chrispy went into hiding, eventually ending up in an abandoned warehouse. He is a good man, with a kind heart. Because of his inside knowledge of the Krispy Nation, and his unwillingness to become a Nigel, he is constantly being hunted down. He may yet become one of the newest NFA allies.

Screenshots

Features

Spoiler:

Not very many, but here we go.

-Very story driven, but also has great action, and even some puzzles.

-Secrets, yeah they are there, but I'm nt going to tell you.

-Title plus script by Claimh
-KGC battle count; On Screen Status; Adjust Battle Wait
-Enemy Flash by momomo
-NMS 2.3 by Woratana
-BattleBacks by DerVVulfman

Game

Version 1.1.2: Now for download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ihamzmzn14y

There is a prequal too, so come visit it after playing this game.
The War of Dark Fires

also, come visit my blog here:
Darkflame Games: Dev Blog

Or, come visit the official website:
The Darkflame Alliance

Updates:

Spoiler:

Version 1.1.2
Fixed the Morgan level, so it is no longer level 99, and is back down to 2. Also, I have fixed the "stun glove bug" so no one should ever freeze up there again. People read too fast! This will probably be my last update for quite a while, so enjoy this game. The last version had 1859 downloads! :o

Version 1.1.1
Fixed a couple of issues that had been brought up. One was the lag in the first boss battle. This should now be fixed. Good. The other was that you could walk on a certain tile...that you should'nt have been able to walk on. So, yeah...quick update.

Version 1.1.0
Did a couple of grammer fixes as well as added scripts to enhance the battle system. I hope you enjoy this.

Version 1.0.1
Fixed a few minor issues, as well as fixed the special ending. It now works. It's amazing what happenes when you turn it onto autorun.

Version 1.0.0
The first version. Thanks for playing, and I hoped you enjoyed.

Special Thanks and Credits

Spoiler:

Z.B.Darkflame

People who have directly influenced this game, in no order at all:

BlueLord
Mr. Anonymous
Jumbo
Techie
Chrispy
Spike
Dark
Everyone else who has been in the NFA vs. Nigel Poll

Music:

Tei-for her XP resources and a few other songs
Ocean Dreams
Rast
RockmanNeo
Z.B.Darkflame

Scripts:

DerVVulfman
Claimh
KGC
momomo
Mr. Anonymous
TouchFuzzy
Woratana

Sprites:

PINEDAVX
D.M
Kazuki
Macy's Hero
Zai

Other:

ChuckNoris: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=1301
D*M - Tile set
FALCO? - He provided the source, but I'm almost 100% he didn't make it. Unfortunaltly, it's the only name I have to go off.
Kazuki - Windoscreen
Mack - Tile set
Moogle - Hurting 9, Healing 7, and making it into my game, as well as a recolor/edit.
Sevith - For you're help in finding those pesky gramatical errors
Techie - Recolors and Title screen

I think thats it, but if I need to credit someone else, just tell me, please. Thanks!

FAQ

Q: Is there a release date set?
A: May 31st is my goal, but if school gest in my way, that date may be pushed back by about a half month.
New A: Yup, schools getting in the way again, and with exams in about a week, I'm going to be a little late with the game. I hope to release by 6/7/08. Pray people, PRAY! PRAY!!!
Newest A: June 7th, 2008 was the day of release.

Q: Do I need the RTP to play this awsome game?
A: Yes, and thanks for saying its awsome.

Q: I get an error when I do this __________
A: Can you tell me more imformation, such as where, when, who, what, and possibly a screenshot. Then I may be able to help.

Q: I found a small grammatical problem, or a small eventing problem, or some other minor problem, what do you want me to do.
A: All I ask is that you PM me with the problem or error. I'll make corrections, and after a small amount of time, I'll re-release the game with corrections.

Q: Can I be a Nigel and still play this game?
A: Yes, you may, and maybe it can convert you to my side in the end.

Q: What is the password to the comm tower?
A: I'd hate to spoil it for people, but since I'm always asked this question, I'll say. Please, ONLY read this spoiler if you CANNOT find the answer YOURSELF. Thank you.
Spoiler:

NIGEL RULES

Q: You leave this game in a bit of a cliffhanger, and many questions unresolved or left to our imagining. My question is, are you planning on creating subsequent games to answer these questions and such?
A: Yes, there is a prequel about Zak, which can be found here: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=4381

Q: Are you planning/may I join a team that is focused on this game series?
A: Almost 100% yes. That is why you should vote in the poll.

Q: Why the poll dude?
A: It's just a poll to help me figure out where this game stands in. Ultimatly, this is to help me decide what I do about a team.

Authors Note:

Parts of the original content posted in the NFA vs. Nigel Poll have been , and will be, rewoked, edited, changed around , and/or removed so that this game makes better sense. Just so you know.
This game has somewhere between 1 and 2 hours of gameplay, depending on how fast you read and get through battles, etc.
This game is encrypted and as such you may not access its resources or open it in the editor. If you would like to see this game in the editor, I ask that you PM me. Otherwise, the answer is a big no.
There are secrets in the game, such as hidden areas. If you think you've found a secret area, but are not sure, then PM me. Do not post it in here, because that will spoile the fun for everyone else.
If you wish to support this game, and the future of the series, please put this banner in your sig. It would warm my heart to see it there.
CODE
[img]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6153/151212784569sf4.png[/img]

Enjoy! ^_^

This post has been edited by zbdarkflame: Apr 26 2009, 05:04 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Retired-Pine
post May 4 2008, 12:04 AM
Post #2

Not a democracy
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Evil

OMG

OMG

OMG

I don't know about the flaws this might have, but this is a game I'm gonna play for sure! And I hope I'm on it and I'm a kickass NPC XD

No, serious, I' m downloading this for sure man

*click*

--------------------

Spoiler:

Awards
Spoiler:

Games I support [under construction]
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

BlueLord
post May 4 2008, 12:19 AM
Post #3

Head of NFA research
Group Icon

Woot! New version! Rock on, chief!

I'll PM you my character bio!
Gotta play!

--------------------
My hat's off to Levin for making this great signature

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Blue's Project: Demon Heart

+Quote Post

Sevith
post May 4 2008, 01:14 AM
Post #4

Retired Bear Fighter. ಠ_ಠ
Group Icon

Haha, I was waiting for either you, bluelord, or jumbo to do a Nigel vs NFA game cool.gif. Can't wait for the full game, checking out the demo now. I'll get back to you after playin' it!

Edit: T'was short and no actual battles (correction, I just didn't get any random battles my first time through), but it was absolutely top of the line. Loved it! However, their WERE quite a few spelling and grammatical errors. I'll go through the conversations and PM you with some corrections.

This post has been edited by Sevith: May 4 2008, 02:14 AM

--------------------
QUOTE (nagilhs @ 2 May 2010)
this guys just a power crazed jack ass.

+Quote Post

spike_vii
post May 4 2008, 01:53 AM
Post #5

A Certain Lazy Student
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

WHAHAHAHAHA!

LONG LIVE NFA! Finally! A game that i've been waiting for! I wanna take a part on the project, may i, zak? -eventhough i don't know what i can do...

--------------------
Pokeplushy

Quotes (big, black, bullshit)
Spoiler:
Trying is the first step towards failure.

Pretty women make us buy beer. Ugly women make us drink beer.

Don't send funny greeting cards on birthdays or at Christmas. Save them for funerals when their cheery effect is needed.

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to Somebody Else.

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

Music is what's painting inside you.

If you want a thing done well, do it yourself.

The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means.

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.

There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something they made up to scare kids, like the boogeyman or Michael Jackson.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former.

Eighty percent of married men cheat in America. The rest cheat in Europe.

Hey, can you take the wheel for a second, I have to scratch my self in two places at once.

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post

Retired-Pine
post May 4 2008, 02:00 AM
Post #6

Not a democracy
Group Icon

Man... I just played the demo... what an amazing game this is... I'm just... speechless... I mean... wow

--------------------

Spoiler:

Awards
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Sevith
post May 4 2008, 02:24 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Alright, corrections done and sent!

--------------------

+Quote Post

zbdarkflame
post May 4 2008, 03:01 AM
Post #8

Mysterious Shaman
Group Icon

Thank you so much everyone for your support and great enthusiasm.
Sorry Pine, but you're not character yet, but that doesnn't mean your not going to be one. cool.gif
BlueLord, glad you enjoyed, got the bio and its been posted. Thanks! biggrin.gif
Spike, thanks for the offer, but at the moment I'm not really sure what you can do either. I'll think about it.
Also, a HUGE thanks for Sevith for putting time into those corrections. I'm going to go into that right now, and fix everything. Thanks again.

Thanks everyone! smile.gif

Z.B.Darkflame

--------------------

---
------

+Quote Post

Mr. Anonymous
post May 4 2008, 03:35 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

Neat. I'll download this now. I'll post up what I think in the morning.

+Quote Post

Macys_Hero
post May 4 2008, 04:23 AM
Post #10

The Ultimate Action Figure
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

I would like to play this but I don't do RAR files. Is there any way you can post an alternative... Say Rapidshare?

This post has been edited by Macys_Hero: May 4 2008, 01:17 PM

--------------------

01110010 01101111 01101101 01100001 01101110 01110011 00100000 00110001 00110010 00110001 00111001
WIELDER OF THE...
<div style="margin-top:5px"><div class="quotetitle">Spoiler: <input type="button" value="Show" style="width:45px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" />
<div class="quotecontent"><div style="display: none;"></div></div></div></div>

+Quote Post

Retired-Pine
post May 4 2008, 04:39 AM
Post #11

Not a democracy
Group Icon

Download WinRar Hero, google it
smile.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Awards
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

SilentBackstabbe...
post May 4 2008, 06:45 AM
Post #12

Sejourner
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sadly, am not home for the moment BUT am going to download this... IT'S A MUST!!!

SBS

--------------------

+Quote Post

Chrispy
post May 4 2008, 01:12 PM
Post #13

Back from Iraq, and still Crispy!
Group Icon

. . . . . . . .Awesome...

I just played through that short demo and the dots and letters above explain what I think of the game.

Your mapping wasn't that awesome though, maybe mildly fair at best, and I haven't seen anything of your battle system yet either. I got One random battle, and that was it. Story was just awesome.

--------------------
Yay! My Internet works the way it should again, and I found two of my Memory sticks! (still missing two though)

Spoiler:

Darn internet......
May
"The Desert and the Internet don't get along very well....."
-Verizon Wireless Tech support.
June
"The Internet in the Desert is reliable, but its reliably slow....."
-Sniper Hill Customer Representative.
Later that month
"Its not that we want to go into radio Blackout, we were just told to do so by higher-up!"
-Sniper Hill Worker.

+Quote Post

Macys_Hero
post May 4 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #14

The Ultimate Action Figure
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

Macys_Hero's Official RPG Review

GAME: The War of Nigel

DEVELOPER: zbdarkflame

INTRODUCTION: Today I down a few beverages of Epic proportions in the Krispy Nation whilst I temporarily align myself with the NFA.

REVIEW IN DETAIL

Okay so I assume I have completed the demo and here's what I bring to you

First off your story presentation is top notch, and since a majority of the demo was story or cut scene this is a good thing. Your presentation isn't repetitive or clich, I find it very amusing that this spawns from what I understand as some forum poll. Like you mentioned I noticed a few spelling errors i.e. "himslef" but not enough to ruin the story. The tile/object sets kind of clash a bit; I don't know when I look at some of the objects on the map it seems very out of place mainly due to object color. The music score is very nice and seems to fit well with what is at hand in the scene. I liked the transitions into battle, they were very appealing. One thing I found kind of odd was when you transition from area to area in the forest you used the movement sound which sounds like walking up/down stairs, it just seems out of place in a forest, just my thoughts.

BUGS/GLITCHES:

I didn't notice any bugs/glitches on my first play thru, I attempted to exploit a few common areas that allow passage if not placed appropriately, however it was in vain. No exploitable glitches so far guy. Nice keep that up.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:

Just by playing this demo I can tell you obviously know what direction you want to go with this and are having fun while doing so. I applaud you for incorporating forum members in your game, that's definitely original and appealing. I would like to mention to you that when I produce messages for my game I type them in MS Word first (which is a pain, I know) and then transfer them over to the maker. Doing this helps with spelling and grammar errors usually. Lastly I would also like to suggest that you place a temporary event at the end of the forrest with a pop up message confirming the finishing of the demo, just a suggestion. I will be looking forward to future updates to your demo.

SCORE: 4 (out of 5) from what I've seen so far

Approximate demo time played: 17 minutes 14 seconds

NOTE: The play time includes cut scenes and a few random battles I encountered.

This post has been edited by Macys_Hero: May 4 2008, 02:46 PM

--------------------

01110010 01101111 01101101 01100001 01101110 01110011 00100000 00110001 00110010 00110001 00111001
WIELDER OF THE...
<div style="margin-top:5px"><div class="quotetitle">Spoiler: <input type="button" value="Show" style="width:45px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" />
<div class="quotecontent"><div style="display: none;"></div></div></div></div>

+Quote Post

zbdarkflame
post May 23 2008, 10:01 PM
Post #15

Mysterious Shaman
Group Icon

To think, its almost been almost a month since the release of the first demo, and wow did that go well. Thank you everyone, all 46 of you, who downloaded my game and played it, and enjoyed it. It is for you that I do this, and it makes me feel very happy to know that other people are enjoying this game. I also want to thank Macys_Hero for his great and beeming review. It really gave me a good feeling. Thank you so much.

Now, on the 23rd of May, I have just released the second demo, which indludes fixed grammer, thank you so much Sevith you really helped, and added content, including the beginnings of secrets and boss battles. I hope that you enjoy this new demo, and please do give me feedback so that I may know what can be done to make this game even better.

Thank you all for playing, and may the full game be released by 6/7/08.

Z.B.Darkflame happy.gif

--------------------

---
------

+Quote Post

Jumbo
post May 23 2008, 10:18 PM
Post #16

Highest and Lowest of all Nigel
Group Icon

To the hell with you.
I'll make a better game about it, I swear by God.
Or Nigel.
Whatever.

--------------------

Hello, I am jumbo!
As you can see, I don't post in RMVX related threads (well, sometimes...).
That's because I don't like VX, I'm staying here just because of some friends I met.
So, you'll only see me in the Fun&Games forum.

+Quote Post

BlueLord
post May 23 2008, 10:22 PM
Post #17

Head of NFA research
Group Icon

@Jumbo: Do a Nigel's point of view of the game!

@zbdarkflame: Woot! New demo! Gotta play!

Edit: Played it, awesome as always. Techie's in it too! And the title bgm has lirics! Keep it up my friend.

This post has been edited by BlueLord: May 23 2008, 11:31 PM

--------------------
My hat's off to Levin for making this great signature

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Blue's Project: Demon Heart

+Quote Post

spike_vii
post May 24 2008, 10:08 AM
Post #18

A Certain Lazy Student
Group Icon

hm... still no me on it. guess the biggest villain comes last, eh?

MUAH AH AH AH AH AH AH!

i shall play the new demo, and see what's new... and of course, continue the PROJECT:UNDEAD!

MUAH AH AH AH AH AH AH!

--------------------
Pokeplushy

Spoiler:

Don't send funny greeting cards on birthdays or at Christmas. Save them for funerals when their cheery effect is needed.

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.

There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something they made up to scare kids, like the boogeyman or Michael Jackson.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former.

Hey, can you take the wheel for a second, I have to scratch my self in two places at once.

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post

Sevith
post May 24 2008, 03:02 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Played the demo (though when I downloaded the game, it didn't save as an executable file, just had to add .exe to the end of it but still. T'was odd)

Fantastic by the way, your cutscenes are great. I got poisoned very early on, and I was worried that you didn't put an antidote anywhere, but you did! I was so happy laugh.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post

spike_vii
post May 24 2008, 03:51 PM
Post #20

A Certain Lazy Student
Group Icon

QUOTE (Sevith @ May 24 2008, 10:58 PM) *
Played the demo (though when I downloaded the game, it didn't save as an executable file, just had to add .exe to the end of it but still. T'was odd)

Fantastic by the way, your cutscenes are great. I got poisoned very early on, and I was worried that you didn't put an antidote anywhere, but you did! I was so happy laugh.gif !

add .rar, not .exe

--------------------
Pokeplushy

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 06:03 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.