iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Celianna's Custom HUD showcase/shop, Added a Zelda-styled HUD!
Rating 5 V
Celianna
post Oct 20 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Celianna's Custom HUD Showcase/Shop
- All made for BigEd781's KH HUD Script -

Shop is still closed because I'm lazy.

Example of the on-screen HUD. Great for ABS!

The script can be found here: Kingdom Hearts style HUD Script

BigEd781 has made a very nice script in which you can make your own custom HUD (fully customizable). Now I know not many people here are gifted in creating their own graphics, so I figured I might as well contribute to the community by providing custom HUDs they can use in their game with BigEd's script. Just a heads up, I only provide the graphics! You need to manually position the hud, position text etc. Any problems with the script need to be directed to BigEd.

I will also accept requests, however it's not just first come first serve. I will choose which request I will do, and I will only do 1 request for now.

Rules
- You will properly credit BigEd781 if you use his script, and me (Celianna) if you use any of my HUDs.
- All HUDs that are requested will be publicly available for anyone else to use.
- One request per person.
- First come don't get first served. I will choose which request I will do.
- No PMing me about any requests, requesting will happen in the thread.
- No vague requests. The more details you describe, the more likely I'll do it.
- No complicated designs. I'm only willing to do something that is easy and simple.
- No curved HP/MP bars. Seriously, I won't do them. I will only do straight bars as they are easier to work with (although if I really like your design I might do it).
- I won't make HUDs with the party leader's face in it.
- I am a fairly lazy person so your HUD has to interest me to get me off my butt and work for your request.
- Inability to fill in the entire request form will be ignored. I don't want to work on half-assed requests.
- I will especially ignore requests that don't give me a picture of how the HUD should look like.
- I have the right to decline your request, or drop your request at any time.
- Do not show me a picture of an existing HUD from a popular game. YOU have to make your own design, only then I will make it.
- No requesting when the shop is closed, obviously.

Defy my rules and be burned by my wrath D: <

Request Form:
Spoiler:
CODE
[b]HUD Image design:[/b] Please post a picture showing how you want your HUD to look like (can be made on paint).
[b]HUD dimensions in pixels:[/b]
[b]HP bar colour:[/b] Preferably shown with a small image of just the colour you want.
[b]MP bar colour:[/b] Preferably shown with a small image of just the colour you want.
[b]HP/MP empty bar colour:[/b] Preferably shown with a small image of just the colour you want.
[b]HP/MP abbreviations text in HUD?[/b] Yes/No
[b]HP/MP text font to be used (if not universal please provide the font yourself):[/b]
[b]HP/MP text colour:[/b] Preferably shown with a small image of just the colour you want.
[b]Should HP/MP bars be divided in visible parts (there will be bars to indicate individual parts)?[/b] Yes/No
[b]Any particular design you want in the HP/MP bars?[/b]
[b]Should there be a line (the framework) around the HP/MP bars?[/b]
[b]What colour should the line around the HP/MP bars be?[/b]
[b]Should there be an area in the HUD for the Name of the player?[/b] Yes/No
[b]Should there be an area in the HUD for the LVL of the player?[/b] Yes/No
[b]Overall colour scheme in HUD:[/b]
[b]Should the HUD look pixelated or anti-aliased?[/b]
[b]Should the HUD look very square (kinda retro) or have a lot of 'modern' curves in it?[/b]
[b]Should the HUD look 'shiny' or 'flat coloured'?[/b]
[b]Other information you want to share:[/b]

Downloadable HUDs:
Just download the .rar files, and then unpack this in your Graphics > Pictures folder for your game. You will then have to play around with the settings in the script.

- Modern HUD <- Click to download images
- Name and LVL text is just an example, not included with the HUD.
- No face graphic present.
- A sort of Pokemon influenced/modern looking HUD.
- BigEd has made a configuration to this HUD, so you can go to his script page and use the script for the Modern HUD for a plug'n'play.

- Starry HUD <- Click to download images
- Name and LVL text is just an example, not included with the HUD.
- A HUD with star designs, good for a quirky game.

- Zelda HUD <- Click to download images
- A Zelda-like HUD that only shows a limit of 5 hearts with an MP bar. Hearts get drained in classic Zelda style.
- No place for name or lvl, unless you put it under the MP bar yourself.

- Munkis HUD <- Click to download images
- HUD ordered by Munkis.
- There is no face-mask added in this HUD, as you have to position the face yourself in the HUD.
- You need to position the HP and MP numbers in the correct 'slots in the bricks'.
- You're able to put in the player's name in the middle of the missing brick.

This post has been edited by Celianna: Oct 31 2009, 12:07 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

BigEd781
post Oct 20 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #2

No method: 'stupid_title' found for 'nil:NilClass`
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Good

*Drools* this is an awesome idea wink.gif

I would make one suggestion though... this rule may not be necessary:

- I won't make HUDs with the party leader's face in it.

My HUD script uses a mask image to generate the face image so that the user does not have to do it manually. So, if you wanted to include a face in a HUD, you would only need to make a mask of the appropriate size and you would be all done. Anyhow, I wasn't sure if you knew that, I have a feeling this will be a busy shop.

--------------------
My blog - It's awesome, I assure you
While sloppy writing does not invariably mean sloppy thinking, we've generally found the correlation to be strong -- and we have no use for sloppy thinkers. If you can't yet write competently, learn to. - Eric Raymond

---
My awards for being so awesome
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Xalidir
post Oct 20 2009, 07:33 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

i agree with you a lot BigEd. Celianna's one of the more popular members since she's joined, and i have a feeling that this, along with your script, will become incredibly popular.

as for a request, i'll ask for one later, trying to think of what i should include (been thinking like Champions of Norrath hud style, would need to find pics of it)

edit: reason for a potential request is i'm trying to make a C&C game based off of the father of RPGs, D&D, minus the true D&D feel, and a HUD will help cause i need to find the perfect ABS (Vlad's seems good) to go along with it

keep it up smile.gif

This post has been edited by Xalidir: Oct 20 2009, 07:36 PM

--------------------
| |

My Request: Great Kingdoms RTP Portraits Request Form
IMPORTANT TO READ!!!
Board Rules

Want to Sprite?
An Introduction to Frankenspriting and Editing

Spoiler:
QUOTE (PINEDAVX @ Dec 20 2010, 08:22 PM)
If tomorrow we want to ban all idiots we have, we'll do it and no one has any right to appeal. Guess what? You don't have rights here, only privileges. Privileges we can and will take away from you as we see fit.

Pretty much, being here is a priviledge, and it CAN be revoked.

Supports:

---
Jet's Handed Weapon Snippet (Requested by me, ask Jet for permission)
Spoiler:
CODE
#===============================================================================
# Handed Weapons
# By Jet10985 (Jet)
# Requested by: Xalidir
#===============================================================================
# This snippet allows you to specify if a weapon is main or off-handed.
# Main handed can only be equiped in the first weapon slot.
# Off handed can only be equipped in the second weapon slot.
# This script has: 0 customization options.
# Overwritten Methods:
# None
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Aliased methods:
# Scene_Equip: update_item_selection
=begin
To make an item Main-Handed, put this in the notebox:

<main hand>

To make an item off-handed, put this in the notebox:

<off hand>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: Off-handed weapons cannot be equipped at all if the actor can't dual-wield
=end

class RPG::BaseItem

def hand
    if @hand.nil?
      i = 0
      for note in [/<main hand>/i, /<off hand>/i]
        @hand = self.note[note].nil? ? nil : i
        break if @hand != nil
        i += 1
      end
      @hand = 2 if @hand.nil?
    end
    return @hand
  end
end

class Scene_Equip

alias jet9842_update_item_selection update_item_selection unless $@
  def update_item_selection
    if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
      item = @item_window.item
      equip_type = @equip_window.index
      if equip_type == 0 and !item.nil?
        Sound.play_buzzer if item.hand == 1
        return if item.hand == 1
      elsif equip_type == 1 and !item.nil?
        Sound.play_buzzer if item.hand == 0
        return if item.hand == 0
      end
    end
    jet9842_update_item_selection
  end
end

How to Fix Actor Related Variables the Lazy Way
Spoiler:
In the Game_Interpreter script, there's a line that is messed up.
CODE
Line: 750      actor = $game_actors[@parameters[1]]
Line: 751      actor = $game_actors[@params[4]]

To fix this, change Line: 750 from above to the one below
CODE
when 4 # Actor

This will fix any Actor Related Variables for you. I recommend grabbing the Variables Fix from the site.

+Quote Post

Celianna
post Oct 20 2009, 07:35 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (BigEd781 @ Oct 20 2009, 09:22 PM) *
*Drools* this is an awesome idea wink.gif

I would make one suggestion though... this rule may not be necessary:

My HUD script uses a mask image to generate the face image so that the user does not have to do it manually. So, if you wanted to include a face in a HUD, you would only need to make a mask of the appropriate size and you would be all done. Anyhow, I wasn't sure if you knew that, I have a feeling this will be a busy shop.

Yes I know about the mask wink.gif It just means that the HUD will be bigger, and a bit more complex (= more work for me!), so I'd rather just focus on the creation of the HP/MP bars, than trying to fit in a face in the HUD. BUT, if someone comes up with a nice design the face included, I'll gladly make it.

+Quote Post

BigEd781
post Oct 20 2009, 10:21 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

I've added a config section to work with the modern HUD in my script post.

http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=21121

--------------------
While sloppy writing does not invariably mean sloppy thinking, we've generally found the correlation to be strong -- and we have no use for sloppy thinkers. If you can't yet write competently, learn to. - Eric Raymond

---
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Celianna
post Oct 21 2009, 05:45 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Seeing as no requests were made, I made a new HUD called Starry design. I felt like making something childish and cute biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Timmah
post Oct 21 2009, 06:34 PM
Post #7

LexusX/Timmah, The Morning Mod
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

I have a quick little question regarding this, is there a way to make it so I can have different look HUDs for different actors and have all my party member's HUDs show (Along the top of the screen, using Modern HUD)? I have a bit of artwork for each character, so having a HUD with the artwork for the appropriate actors would work well. smile.gif

Also, this was very nice of you to work with Ed's script like this. Kudos. wink.gif

+Quote Post

Lunara
post Oct 21 2009, 06:47 PM
Post #8

Moon Lady
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I was completely speechless when I first saw that Starry HUD. It looks so cute! ~ :3

I probably won't use the HUD script myself, Celianna, but I thought I should let you know that I like your graphics.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Celianna
post Oct 21 2009, 06:55 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (Timmah @ Oct 21 2009, 08:34 PM) *
I have a quick little question regarding this, is there a way to make it so I can have different look HUDs for different actors and have all my party member's HUDs show (Along the top of the screen, using Modern HUD)? I have a bit of artwork for each character, so having a HUD with the artwork for the appropriate actors would work well. smile.gif

Also, this was very nice of you to work with Ed's script like this. Kudos. wink.gif

I only make the graphics that the script uses. Any question you have regarding changing stuff must be addressed to BigEd781.

QUOTE (Lunara @ Oct 21 2009, 08:47 PM) *
I was completely speechless when I first saw that Starry HUD. It looks so cute! ~ :3

I probably won't use the HUD script myself, Celianna, but I thought I should let you know that I like your graphics.

Thank you, I think it's cute too happy.gif

+Quote Post

Scathe
post Oct 21 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #10

Gettin' the hang of chillin' on a pole...
Group Icon

I would like to request an HUD...

HUD Image design:
HUD dimensions in pixels: 175x200
HP bar colour: (See Design) - 1
MP bar colour: (See Design) - 2
HP/MP empty bar colour: (See Design) - 3 (this means background of them, right?)
HP/MP abbreviations text in HUD? Yes
HP/MP text font to be used (if not universal please provide the font yourself): The Script's Default are fine.
HP/MP text colour: Script Default
Should HP/MP bars be divided in visible parts? (see original KH HUD design) Yes
Any particular design you want in the HP/MP bars? Please don't add the bars like in the original, and make them curve around the face circle (don't touch)
Should there be an area in the HUD for the Name of the player? Yes
Should there be an area in the HUD for the LVL of the player? Yes
Overall colour scheme in HUD: Transparent
Should the HUD look pixelated or anti-aliased? Anti-Aliased
Should the HUD look very square (kinda retro) or have a lot of 'modern' curves in it? 'modern' curves
Should the HUD look 'shiny' or 'flat coloured'? 'shiny'
Other information you want to share: If my picture isn't good enough, just tell me, I'll whip up Photoshop tongue.gif

This post has been edited by ScatheCrow: Oct 21 2009, 08:45 PM

--------------------

My Shop
Spoiler:

CODE
[url=http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=22317][IMG]http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p466/nightsnipe11/ShopUserbar.png[/IMG][/url]
CODE
[url=http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=22317][IMG]http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/Elaynii/Graphics/ElayniiUserbar.png[/IMG][/url]

My Tutorials

My Random Stuff
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

BigEd781
post Oct 21 2009, 09:20 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

As an aside, I know that cel did not want to make HUD's with face images, but I would be happy to make the mask and incorporate the face into the HUD if needed. I think that most HUD requests will want a face image.

--------------------

---
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Celianna
post Oct 21 2009, 09:53 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (ScatheCrow @ Oct 21 2009, 10:44 PM) *
I would like to request an HUD...

Someone didn't read the rules. Not only did I state I wouldn't make designs with face graphics in it, I did not want to make HP/MP bars that curve. The reason for not making curved bars is that they will be harder to divide into parts.

Also, two of your answers contradict each other.

Should HP/MP bars be divided in visible parts? (see original KH HUD design) Yes
Any particular design you want in the HP/MP bars? Please don't add the bars like in the original, and make them curve around the face circle (don't touch)

First you say you DO want the HP/MP bars to be divided into visible parts (aka they'll have bars in them), and in the next you state you don't want bars in them. Maybe I should have been clearer what 'visible parts' meant. Also I'm not sure what you mean when I asked for the HP/MP abbreviations text colour and you said 'script default'. There's no default with that, so you're gonna have to tell me them yourself.

Considering you actually made a picture of the design, I might consider making it. But maybe not, I hate curved bars after making the original tongue.gif
I'll make up my mind tomorrow once I'm home from school. In the mean time, other people can still make a request.

Edit: So I did a quick mock-up of how the framework will look like (IF I were to make it, I still loathe curved bars). So here's one with your image dimensions:

I thought it looked pretty squashed and un-proportional (having a longer length than width looks weird on this design). So I made one that's more proportional.

Both the circles in the design are that small because the face has to fit in the circle with no extra space left.

Your choice.

This post has been edited by Celianna: Oct 21 2009, 10:34 PM

+Quote Post

Scathe
post Oct 23 2009, 12:53 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Oohhh!!!! I love it!! But could you add that name and Level to the 2nd one? They look awesome!!! Sorry for the contradiction, I didn't entirely understand tongue.gif

And I skim the rules... tongue.gif

--------------------

My Shop
Spoiler:

CODE
[url=http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=22317][IMG]http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p466/nightsnipe11/ShopUserbar.png[/IMG][/url]
CODE
[url=http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=22317][IMG]http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/Elaynii/Graphics/ElayniiUserbar.png[/IMG][/url]

My Tutorials

My Random Stuff
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

munkis
post Oct 23 2009, 02:09 PM
Post #14

And the dead shall rise...
Group Icon

Type: Writer

Crude Mock-up:
Spoiler:

HUD dimensions in pixels: 230x101

HP orb colour: (See Design)

MP orb colour: (See Design)

HP/MP empty bar colour: Transparent, but leave the black circles showing

HP/MP abbreviations text in HUD? Yes

HP/MP text font to be used (if not universal please provide the font yourself): Courier New

HP/MP text colour: 'HP' and 'MP' in dark green, numbers match the orbs

Should HP/MP bars be divided in visible parts? No

Any particular design you want in the HP/MP bars? (See Design)

Should there be an area in the HUD for the Name of the player? Yes (See Design)

Should there be an area in the HUD for the LVL of the player? Yes (Next to name and in parentheses)

Overall colour scheme in HUD: Transparent

Should the HUD look pixelated or anti-aliased? Anti-Aliased

Should the HUD look very square (kinda retro) or have a lot of 'modern' curves in it? 'modern' curves

Should the HUD look 'shiny' or 'flat coloured'? 'flat' except for the orbs which should be 'shiny'

Other information you want to share: Please make the part of the HUD with the text look like it's a slimy grey brick wall with holes in it (the holes being where the text goes). Skeletal hands should be holding each of the orbs. Show the states if possible. If you can pull off the dripping blood animation I have in the mock-up, please do it, otherwise ignore. If my picture isn't good enough, I'll re-do it in Paint.NET

This post has been edited by munkis: Oct 23 2009, 02:12 PM

--------------------
Support bars:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Don't be like me, learn to program the right way!

+Quote Post

Celianna
post Oct 24 2009, 01:18 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Scathe I will decline your request, I really do not want to do curved bars.

Munkis, I think you don't understand what the script can do. You can not have it show states, and the HUD can not have an animation in it. Plus the numbers of the HP/MP are shown with the script, it's not something that I create with an image.

Also you're requesting a very detailed HUD, which I'm not particularly fond of (I mean, skeleton hands? damn, go find me a good example or something before I even attempt to do that). Besides that, you say you want a grey wall that's slimy. What do you mean with slimy? Should the walls be covered in slime? If so, what colour should it be? Really, you need to redo your image, showing skeleton hands, brick wall with slime and all.

And then maybe I'll decide to work on it or not.

Also, people please read the rules. Don't just barge in here requesting stuff without even considering what I'm even capable of (or willing) to do.

+Quote Post

munkis
post Oct 24 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

My apologies, I misread the rules. The animation wasn't a requirement, and I've since posted a suggestion to add the states to the HUD in the script thread. Here's the new mock-up:

Spoiler:

I dropped the slime idea, and replaced the hands with simpler pedestals. The holes I have represented in this mockup should look more jagged, like the bricks broke out of the wall.

--------------------
Support bars:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Scathe
post Oct 24 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Oh, okay Cel, thats fine. Lazy bum >.< Lol, jk, I'll attempt this myself.

--------------------

My Shop
Spoiler:

CODE
CODE

My Tutorials

My Random Stuff
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Celianna
post Oct 25 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Alright Munkis, I'm working on your request.

here is what I have so far:

Also, I need your opinion. I have darker lines around the stone wall and lighter lines (like the above image). Here's one with darker lines around the bricks:

I have also opted to make a red and blue circle around the HP/MP orbs instead of black (as you can see in the above images). However, here's the version with black circles around the orbs:

So, do you want darker or lighter lines around the bricks, and do you want coloured or black circles around the HP/MP?

Edit: So I decided to make skeleton hands anyways, so here's the final design for the HUD (you can still have the HP/MP orbs have black lines, and have the bricks have darker lines around them). The empty HP/MP orbs will look weird though, as I only made the skeleton hand visible from the front, not also from behind ... so yeah. Maybe you want the orbs to just have an empty grey/black background, instead of transparent?

This post has been edited by Celianna: Oct 25 2009, 02:47 PM

+Quote Post

munkis
post Oct 25 2009, 09:36 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

That works! Although the black box isn't necessary.

EDIT: how would it look if you did do the hands from behind?

This post has been edited by munkis: Oct 25 2009, 09:40 PM

--------------------
Support bars:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Celianna
post Oct 25 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (munkis @ Oct 25 2009, 10:36 PM) *
That works! Although the black box isn't necessary.

EDIT: how would it look if you did do the hands from behind?

It's like people ignore my questions here D: <

Do you want coloured circles on the HP/MP orbs or not? Do you want the lighter lines or the darker lines on the bricks?

Also, I am not capable of drawing a full skeleton hand with my limited knowledge of ... bones. Also the black box, are you referring to where the face image is going to be in? Well it was in your original design so I made it like that too.

This post has been edited by Celianna: Oct 25 2009, 10:11 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 08:55 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.