iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lunatic Shards Book I: The Arrival, 1/10/11 - "Being brought back to life is Intoxicating"
Sofresh85
post Nov 3 2009, 11:46 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer

"Lunatic" - A person whose actions and manner are marked by extreme eccentricity or recklessness. --Dictionary.com--

"The Lunar Effect" - A theory which suggests that there is correlation between specific stages of the Earth's lunar cycle and
deviant behavior in human beings. --Wikipedia.com--

Im currently making a project that takes place in a futuristic yet modern world, similar to Star Ocean series, has a little Chrono Trigger flavor to it and has a touch of Final
Fantasy 6 to it, also there is a little inspiration by my most favorite game Xenogears, which is referenced with alot of philosophical beliefs, I know its a little cliche but it has
struck the interest of millions of gamers, so it has to have something great to it. Anyway the main character is Oran, who is a young man who has a simple life in his home town
called Altania Village, he was taken in by the village elder Magor a few years back, who took care of his wounds after finding him, washed up by a nearby lake unconscious. Oran
has forgotten most of his past up to the day he was found by the village. He started a new life in Altania with the rest of the villagers, and he has his best friend Marko who
accompanies him in his quest to come. when Magor decides its time to tell him about where hes from, Oran decides to embark on the most unbeleivable quest beyond his wildest
dreams, but little does he know, he will have to face his darkest past and his inner beast within him....theres Time Travel, Magic, Pirates, Werewolves, a battle between Witches
and Mages, an old man who whispers to fish, Advanced civilizations with awesome technology, hundreds of weapons and armors, item creations, Alternate Universes and much
much more.

These are times of war...........Times where ancient magic has been unearthed and used to create mass destruction, What would cause a man to dig up the past? What would cause a man to alters anothers future? In these times of war, an ancient evil is about to unleash something terrible, It will be up to one young man to keep the threads of time
in its place. This is his story.

A man drifts upon the shores of a small village, the village Elder spots him from afar and tends to his wounds, this man has suffered massive injuries, as he carries him back to the village all bloody and unconscious he notices an insignia on his jacket, the Elder is aware that this insignia is the mark of the Magewinds, an ancient civilization that has been known only in books and legends, taking in this young man with an unknown past, the village takes him in as one of their own, This young man is named Oran, he resides in Altania Village where he lives the simple life and has no recollection of his past, he is accompanied by his best friend Marko, who is always at his side and assists him any way possible, one day the Elder Magor, sends Oran to the mountaintop near the village to search for a rare herb for unknown reasons, as Oran and Marko head to retreive this herb, they get in a squander with a few enemies along the way, once they head back to town they call it a night, and then head to Magors house in the morning to give him the herb, it is at that very moment that Orans life will start to unfold before him. Once the Village Elder decides that it is time for Oran to discover who he is and where he came from. Oran then embarks on a journey that will forever change his life.

In an epic battle to unravel the threads of time, Oran discovers that he is being hunted by a Dark Evil man known as Lord Ramsus, a man of many dark secrets, Ramsus is quite aware of who Oran is and where he is from, as well as his significance to the Ancient Magewinds, it is at that point where Lord Ramsus seeks the boy to unleash the inner beast within him, as the Prophecies forsee it, and if that were to happen, he would alter our time as we know it.

On an Epic journey to save his future and even his past, to keep this world at peace, Oran will meet new friends along the way, and have many options he must face as well in order to do so.

<div style="margin-top:5px"><div class="quotetitle">Spoiler: <input type="button" value="Show" style="width:45px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" />
<div class="quotecontent"><div style="display: none;">8-Directional Movement
Mini-Games
Side-Quests
Alternate Endings
On-Screen Enemies
Item Customization
Collectibles
Ability to harness the power of Man and Beast
The ever famous Tankentai/Kaduki Battle System (with spin battle addon)
and much more.</div></div></div>

Spoiler:
Warning, Facesets are old!

Name: Oran Windfall
Origin: Altania
Class: Fighter
Weapons: Swords

Name: Marko Reinhardt
Origin: Altania
Class: Fisherman
Weapons: Poles/Javelins

Name: Larissa Lovelace
Origin: Battleheim
Class: Princess
Weapons: Staves

Name: Sophia Vanderbelt
Origin: Montiero
Class: Mage
Weapons: Bows

Name: Ricardo Villanueva
Origin: Jenero Harbor
Class: Berserker
Weapons: Greataxes

Name: Roman Ragnarok
Origin: Zephyra
Class: Royal Pirate
Weapons: Guns

Name: Maria LaRue
Origin: Wandwick
Class: Witch
Weapons: Staves/Spears

Name: Shiloh Magus
Origin: Zalfandel
Class: Musician
Weapons: Instruments

Name: Violet
Origin: Twilia Valley
Class: General
Weapons: Greatswords

Name: Nocturne
Origin: ???
Class: Draconian Knight
Weapons: Katanas

Spoiler:

Currently Underway.

Spoiler:
Reedo
CrimsonSeas
Woratana
KGC
Kylock
Moghunter
Yanfly
Deriru
Nechi
Hanzo Kimura
Mr. Bubbles
Mithran
Syvkal
BulletXt
OriginalWij
Mark Paul
Cmpsr2000
Dargor
Zeoxis
Falcao
DJBishybish
Watermelon
Fomar0153
XOriginalSin

Battle Engine:
Enu - Tankentai SBS
Kylock - Original SBS translation
Mr. Bubble - Continued translation
Shu - Translation
Moonlight - Bug Support
NightWalker - Community Support
Enelvon - Transformation Addon Support
Atoa - Community Support
AlphaWhelp - Code Fix and Community Support
Enu - For making an Awesome Script
Ziifee - Spin Battle Command Script
Aranarther - Spin Battle Fix

Thanks to:
Mr. Anonymous
RPGMakerVX.com
Sithjester
KGC
Woratana
Mr. Bubbles
Mr.Ed
PinedaVX
Deriru
Nechi
Jens009
Yanfly
Hanzo Kimura
XOriginalSin
Ziifee
Aranarther
</div>

This post has been edited by Sofresh85: Jan 10 2011, 07:36 PM

--------------------
Projects I highly recommend :-)

Art teaches nothing, except for the significance of life."

-- Henry Miller --

Check out my current project titled:
Lunatic Shards Book I: The Arrival

If you wish to support this game, copy and paste this into your sig.
CODE
[topic=22135][img]http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz228/sofresh8582/LS-TheatricalUserbar.png[/img][/topic]

CODE
[topic=22135][IMG]http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz228/sofresh8582/SupportLSSig.png[/IMG][/topic]

I support:
Spoiler:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Sofresh85
post Nov 11 2009, 12:10 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Stkill looking for some eventers and scripters, I already found some artists, If you're still interested, leave a replay on this post, I dont really check my mail too often, so anyone with good eventing skills and scripting skills, would be nice all other positions are already filled.

--------------------

-- Henry Miller --

CODE
[topic=22135][img]http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz228/sofresh8582/LS-TheatricalUserbar.png[/img][/topic]

CODE
[topic=22135][IMG]http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz228/sofresh8582/SupportLSSig.png[/IMG][/topic]

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Rixis
post Nov 11 2009, 12:27 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: True Neutral

ooooooo....

Not gonna lie, real quality looking game right here, I am impressed...

I'lll read over the story shortly.

I have to admit this is a project worth helping out with, BUT I dont do to well with group projects(im not very reliable lol) but I will support this all the way.

I will say that the blend of facesets and some of the tiles look quite odd to me, but it still looks great.

and im usually not a big fan of games that use XP resources heavily, but this seems ok :3

So anyway great quality looking project here, I am very impressed. I just hope the story is just as impressive ^^.

EDIT:

Read the story and I like it for a few minor reasons:

1. I love the theme of midevil meets futuristic, like chrono trigger and star ocean. I always think thats really cool

2. Your story has cliche's but its totally ok because I can tell you made a story that tie into games of your own interest and I think thats cool(btw I LOVE xenogears...well xenosaga, but I really want to play gears! but I dont find using philosophical beliefs cliche though. smile.gif)

3. you seem to have a good fleshed out idea even if it is not THE most original it is still really cool, I really like it :3!

Great luck to you on this project! I know it will turn out pretty nice and may be one of the few actually project I want to play on here just cus I love your theme ^ ^!

I hope you appreciated my comment :3

This post has been edited by Rixis: Nov 11 2009, 12:42 AM

--------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I am your Goddess and you worship me then put this userbar in your sig :D!
-------------You must obey! @_@------------

Other stuff you SHOULD look at :].....Obey @_@!!!!!

Spoiler:
------------My current project-----------------

--------------Projects I'm looking forward to----------

+Quote Post

Sofresh85
post Nov 11 2009, 01:33 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

I do appreciate your comment thank you, I'm glad it interests you, I was trying to upload a demo but I think I've put too much into the game, that the filesize would be too big for just a demo so I'll have to recreate a short Demo on another file. but I'll post one soon....either that or make a video on youtube once I figure out how lol, but anyways I appreciate the support, thanks alot.

--------------------

-- Henry Miller --

CODE

CODE

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Rixis
post Nov 11 2009, 10:30 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Sofresh85 @ Nov 10 2009, 08:33 PM) *
I do appreciate your comment thank you, I'm glad it interests you, I was trying to upload a demo but I think I've put too much into the game, that the filesize would be too big for just a demo so I'll have to recreate a short Demo on another file. but I'll post one soon....either that or make a video on youtube once I figure out how lol, but anyways I appreciate the support, thanks alot.

Well I will be looking forward to it, this is a good one here, would be a shame if you dont get a little more appeal from others.

I love the concept as its one of the more rarely used ones on this sire and I'm all about that ^ ^!

I'm even showing my support with your userbar and trust it's very rare I do that lol, but I really like this project :3

Again good luck!

--------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Sofresh85
post Nov 15 2009, 08:34 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Dont know if the demo works for everyone but like I said I am posting another one soon, so I can add the missing files and snip the game for file size also, If theres anyone that can script or event a good mini game or side quest let me know.

On another note, I am also posting a graphic design forum soon for you guys too, so any requests brong them my way. some of you have already seen my work and anyone else interested send me a message I will give you guys some awesome eye candy lol.

This post has been edited by Sofresh85: Nov 15 2009, 08:35 AM

--------------------

-- Henry Miller --

CODE

CODE

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Rixis
post Nov 15 2009, 03:48 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Hey I finnaly got around to DL your demo, but for some reason I had extraction problems and its missing the rgss2.dll thing

Really odd, if your re uploading the demo though for file fixes then I will just wait till you have that ready and download again :3

--------------------

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Sofresh85
post Nov 18 2009, 07:24 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (Rixis @ Nov 15 2009, 08:48 AM) *
Hey I finnaly got around to DL your demo, but for some reason I had extraction problems and its missing the rgss2.dll thing

Really odd, if your re uploading the demo though for file fixes then I will just wait till you have that ready and download again :3

Yeah I was having some trouble uploading it, so I'll get around to it, in the mean time I've just ben making more stuff for the game (coming out great I think lol), as for editing the copy project for demo uploading I havent really done that yet lol, soon though...real soon.

--------------------

-- Henry Miller --

CODE

CODE

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

angrypigeon
post Nov 19 2009, 10:06 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Type: Artist

This looks to be an interesting game. I like the concept of the introducing the hero as being cast away in some remote fisher village and having amnesia lol. It may be a little cliche with amnesia but when played right with the script I'm sure it will work great. Not sure about the cait sith crossover though haha. Sorry nothing much useful to say except good luck with the project! It'll be interesting to see.

Not sure if I can be of any help since you already said you have artists and I'm very tight scheduled anyway lol. Well if there's anything extra art(non pixel) stuff needed then depending on my schedule I might be able to help out, feel free to ask if needed. I like using art as an excuse to procrastinate. :B

My DA kinda just wiped it to start posting anew but there's something at least... =P

+Quote Post

Sofresh85
post Nov 20 2009, 08:39 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (angrypigeon @ Nov 19 2009, 03:06 PM) *
This looks to be an interesting game. I like the concept of the introducing the hero as being cast away in some remote fisher village and having amnesia lol. It may be a little cliche with amnesia but when played right with the script I'm sure it will work great. Not sure about the cait sith crossover though haha. Sorry nothing much useful to say except good luck with the project! It'll be interesting to see.

Not sure if I can be of any help since you already said you have artists and I'm very tight scheduled anyway lol. Well if there's anything extra art(non pixel) stuff needed then depending on my schedule I might be able to help out, feel free to ask if needed. I like using art as an excuse to procrastinate. :B

My DA kinda just wiped it to start posting anew but there's something at least... =P

Yeah I have an artist just one though lol, I can really use some extra artwork, I can toss you some ideas to draw out...in the meantime if you know how to make faces with expressions on them, for the characters, that would be great. If you want to though if your pressed for time and all thaen its still cool with me lol.

--------------------

-- Henry Miller --

CODE

CODE

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

angrypigeon
post Nov 20 2009, 11:36 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (Sofresh85 @ Nov 20 2009, 09:39 AM) *
Yeah I have an artist just one though lol, I can really use some extra artwork, I can toss you some ideas to draw out...in the meantime if you know how to make faces with expressions on them, for the characters, that would be great. If you want to though if your pressed for time and all thaen its still cool with me lol.

Cool, go ahead. I probably don't have time to draw too many different expressions. So maybe I should just start drawing the most needed faces and the absolutely neccesary expressions? Which characters should I give a go? Also I'm not that familiar with how RMVX works. It's been a loooong time since I last fiddled with anything RM related. Think you could give me a face set template/image file to work with? Just need to know the image size/format and how to set transparency. Nvm that. I got to downloading RMVX on my laptop and got the files. Instead I could use some sprite sheets of the characters if these are the final sprites that are gonna be ingame.

Or if you have some other ideas I'm listening. 8)

Edit: Oh yeah if needed I can also help out with story elements and character design in general. If I start drawing some of the characters I usually get very involved with it and start thinking up background stories and why they are the way they are, why they dress certain way, where do their names come from, relationships etc.

This post has been edited by angrypigeon: Nov 20 2009, 09:14 PM

+Quote Post

Sofresh85
post Nov 21 2009, 09:06 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (angrypigeon @ Nov 20 2009, 04:36 AM) *
Cool, go ahead. I probably don't have time to draw too many different expressions. So maybe I should just start drawing the most needed faces and the absolutely neccesary expressions? Which characters should I give a go? Also I'm not that familiar with how RMVX works. It's been a loooong time since I last fiddled with anything RM related. Think you could give me a face set template/image file to work with? Just need to know the image size/format and how to set transparency. Nvm that. I got to downloading RMVX on my laptop and got the files. Instead I could use some sprite sheets of the characters if these are the final sprites that are gonna be ingame.

Or if you have some other ideas I'm listening. 8)

Edit: Oh yeah if needed I can also help out with story elements and character design in general. If I start drawing some of the characters I usually get very involved with it and start thinking up background stories and why they are the way they are, why they dress certain way, where do their names come from, relationships etc.

Well if you can make the main character that would be great try using the faceset and th character thats also on the faceset to characterize the clothing and stuff i guess, I can tell you that he has a green belt like cloth around his waist, a blue bandana on his head with the hair falling over in front of it, has a jacket/vest like a jean type cloth or something lol, and also is medium built on his body like just barely toned...kinda like Locke from Final fantasy 6 if you hae ever played it. that was my inspiration for the main characer, also if you like getting inpiration to draw stuff check out youtube and look up the game called Xenogears, that character has rather unique clothing.....I guess basically like a Theif/Martial artist type character with a laid back look if you can try somnething out like that otherwise just be creative your the artist lol. thanks again though.

P.S. I'm gonna give you a little backstory of him that I would rather not disclose on the site just yet lol so I'll PM you with more details if you can check it out later.

--------------------

-- Henry Miller --

CODE

CODE

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

angrypigeon
post Nov 21 2009, 11:35 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (Sofresh85 @ Nov 21 2009, 10:06 AM) *
Well if you can make the main character that would be great try using the faceset and th character thats also on the faceset to characterize the clothing and stuff i guess, I can tell you that he has a green belt like cloth around his waist, a blue bandana on his head with the hair falling over in front of it, has a jacket/vest like a jean type cloth or something lol, and also is medium built on his body like just barely toned...kinda like Locke from Final fantasy 6 if you hae ever played it. that was my inspiration for the main characer, also if you like getting inpiration to draw stuff check out youtube and look up the game called Xenogears, that character has rather unique clothing.....I guess basically like a Theif/Martial artist type character with a laid back look if you can try somnething out like that otherwise just be creative your the artist lol. thanks again though.

P.S. I'm gonna give you a little backstory of him that I would rather not disclose on the site just yet lol so I'll PM you with more details if you can check it out later.

Locke? Well that's a good reference for me. I loved FF6. I was just thinking that I can use the LS ingame sprites as reference to come up with a character design to match that but I couldn't get the demo to work so I can only see the few pictures posted here of the sprites. But! if you let me I love creating characters from scratch too but then it would probably not look like the sprites heh. Any reference is good for me, the sprite sheets,character from other games or just random pictures. ;)

I'm gonna post the pictures here when I can(I can pm them too). Right now I'm in a place with no scanner, programs or tablet lol so all I can do is draw on paper but not scan them. I'm going back to my apt on monday I think.

Oh yeah and backstories would be great! :3

This post has been edited by angrypigeon: Nov 21 2009, 11:45 AM

+Quote Post

George the Unsee...
post Nov 21 2009, 07:55 PM
Post #14

You can't see me! Also, SOLDIER
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

awesome a demo! Downloading now! i'll give you some feed back once im
don playing the demo wink.gif

--------------------
Can you find the hidden message in my sig?

Random Quotes
Spoiler:
Everytime you spam.... A kitten dies... So think of the poor kittens each
time you spam.

QUOTE (PINEDAVX @ Nov 24 2009, 08:13 PM) *
The bahammer is starting to target George The Unseen.

QUOTE (Mr.M @ Jun 10 2010, 04:57 PM) *
When you make love with your girlfriend.... will you be thinking of me?

Stuff I support...
Spoiler:

Congrats... You found it... Here's a cookie! *Gibs cookie*

+Quote Post

Sofresh85
post Nov 22 2009, 07:38 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (angrypigeon @ Nov 21 2009, 04:35 AM) *
Locke? Well that's a good reference for me. I loved FF6. I was just thinking that I can use the LS ingame sprites as reference to come up with a character design to match that but I couldn't get the demo to work so I can only see the few pictures posted here of the sprites. But! if you let me I love creating characters from scratch too but then it would probably not look like the sprites heh. Any reference is good for me, the sprite sheets,character from other games or just random pictures. wink.gif

I'm gonna post the pictures here when I can(I can pm them too). Right now I'm in a place with no scanner, programs or tablet lol so all I can do is draw on paper but not scan them. I'm going back to my apt on monday I think.

Oh yeah and backstories would be great! :3

Cool, Ill let you know. and sorry bout the demo I head its not working I uess, I'll probably take it off and post another one soon. so patience is definatly a virtue lol.

QUOTE (George The Unseen @ Nov 21 2009, 12:55 PM) *
awesome a demo! Downloading now! i'll give you some feed back once im
don playing the demo wink.gif

That would be nice, Ihope yours downloads ok the last few people said that it was not downloading right lolm Again I'll post another demo soon.

--------------------

-- Henry Miller --

CODE

CODE

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

George the Unsee...
post Nov 24 2009, 07:18 AM
Post #16

You can't see me! Also, SOLDIER
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

Hey... Sorry for the late reply.... but it was good game so far. I liked ot a lot..
those wolves kept killing...(I know u told me to avoid them but they were hard to avoid a bit)
but overall it was a good demo. can't wait untilthe game comes out

--------------------
Can you find the hidden message in my sig?

Random Quotes
Spoiler:
Everytime you spam.... A kitten dies... So think of the poor kittens each
time you spam.

QUOTE (PINEDAVX @ Nov 24 2009, 08:13 PM) *
The bahammer is starting to target George The Unseen.

QUOTE (Mr.M @ Jun 10 2010, 04:57 PM) *
When you make love with your girlfriend.... will you be thinking of me?

Stuff I support...
Spoiler:

Congrats... You found it... Here's a cookie! *Gibs cookie*

+Quote Post

Sofresh85
post Nov 24 2009, 06:47 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (George The Unseen @ Nov 24 2009, 12:18 AM) *
Hey... Sorry for the late reply.... but it was good game so far. I liked ot a lot..
those wolves kept killing...(I know u told me to avoid them but they were hard to avoid a bit)
but overall it was a good demo. can't wait untilthe game comes out

Hey so the demo actually worked for you, good to hear, glad you liked it. but if you can manage to get to the 1st crytal in the north part of the fields then you can level up like crazy using the different color herbs, that would help with the wolves, have you played the full demo or did the wolves stop you?

This post has been edited by Sofresh85: Nov 24 2009, 10:46 PM

--------------------

-- Henry Miller --

CODE

CODE

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Sofresh85
post Nov 27 2009, 06:12 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

*BUMP*

--------------------

-- Henry Miller --

CODE

CODE

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Sofresh85
post Dec 6 2009, 05:15 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

*BUMP*
Is there no one else?

Artist is filled.

Graphics is covered.

Mapping/Spriting is closed.

all I need is some scripters or at least one good scripter.

please leave a reply if interesed in scripting for this game.

--------------------

-- Henry Miller --

CODE

CODE

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Rixis
post Dec 9 2009, 09:20 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Will you be uploading the new download anytime soon smile.gif?

--------------------

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 06:05 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.