iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

> Note for Tutorial Threads

New threads (tutorials) here will go into a moderation queue. You will not see your thread appear when you create it. A moderator will decide if it will be approved or denied.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> [-Eventing-] Guild System, My own version fo the other tutorial
Noctrama
post Nov 24 2009, 12:58 AM
Post #1

If you haven't seen Ghostbusters, we have nothing to discuss
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

This is my own variation of that other guild system tutorial, slightly different, though. When I first tried the demo of the other, it wasn't quite like I needed. It was one where you made your own, rather than what I needed, which was to join a pre-existing one. So here it is:

Step 1. The Outside
First let's make it so that you have to do something to get into the guild. How about kill a monster? In the demo, I chose a slime, because I needed something easy to defeat. So, let make it o that once you defeat it, it turn on a switch titled DEFEATED SLIME and you get the item Medal of Honor in your inventory. Then Let construct a guild. We can make the outside easily. Use your imagination. Then do the quick create event DOOR. After that, make a third tab in it, where if the player tries to enter, it display that he can't. Then in the one where it does open, make the conditions so the switch needs to be on and the item Medal of Honor needs to exist.

Step 2. The Inside
Make a first story. Maybe put a bookshelf and some wine in it. Some food maybe. Then lets put a person there who asks your player if he wants to be in the guild. If the player says yes, he gets a Membership Card. Also, create 2 variables, make Rank (Add 1 to it) and Exp (Don't add or subtract anything from that). Once he has that, he may go up to the second level. Maybe up there there can be some beds to re-heal. Up on the third floor is the entrance to the Arena. This is the most important feature of the Guild. But before he can enter the Arena, he has to go through a room with someone who will explain everything to him. The way the arena works is this. You fight one monster three times. Each time you win against a monster, you add 1 to Exp. Every multiple of three will add 1 to rank. Every new rank will unlock a new level of the building. I put in seven levels, though I would advise for 5 or 4, because adding 7 levels of 4 transfer events each is really time-consuming and tedious. I made a few custom monsters, all human since I decided this would be fighting members of the guild. Each no level you unlock gives a new feature on that level, so I would find some good scripts and tutorials and use those on it. Maybe a Lottery, a Shop, a Bank, and some other stuff.

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!
I took some unconventional ways of eventing due to some problems I had. First of all, Defeated Slime was on at the beginning of the game and turned off after you defeated it. I found that for the door thing to work, the part that didn't let you in had to have a condition to. Also, some of my transfers are weird, that's just because I tried different ways of doing them at different times. Don't ask.

Well, that's about all, here's the link to the Demo: Demo
Tell me how you like it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

fmjpr
post Nov 24 2009, 01:33 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Why did you post this three times? Is the giant note at the top not visible enough? tongue.gif

--------------------
Trailer for It Came From Yesterday: Click Me

This was made by a dear friend of mine. Any support is appreciated! Also, Like the Facebook page while you're at it: It Came From Yesterday

New and improved official site: ICFY

Swagbucks referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jbart321

+Quote Post

Noctrama
post Nov 24 2009, 11:27 AM
Post #3

If you haven't seen Ghostbusters, we have nothing to discuss
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jasonicus @ Nov 24 2009, 02:33 AM) *
Why did you post this three times? Is the giant note at the top not visible enough? tongue.gif

I just simply did not see it, I apologize.

+Quote Post

adventureRPG2009
post Mar 17 2011, 04:03 PM
Post #4

Gamer and tester
Group Icon

QUOTE (Noctrama @ Nov 24 2009, 07:27 AM) *
I just simply did not see it, I apologize.

Invalid or Deleted File.

this is what I got for trying to download your demo.

--------------------
Spoiler:

My project is Adventure RPG online: "Reopened"
1.Title screen:100%
2.Gameover screen:100%
3.Towns:10%
4.castles:10%
5.other dungeons:
6.Characters:50%
7.Jobs:25%
8.I have all scripts already on cdr.
9.Website:0% (making new website)

Spoiler:

I see too many remakes of old games. Disobeying copyright law!!!!!!!
1.Phantasy star
2.final fantasy 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14
3.Dragon warrior
4.Kingdom hearts
5.Chrono trigger
6.Pokemon
7.Digimon
Any other game that has been made already!

Spoiler:

my video demo on my project in progress:(maybe but i am not putting it here)

Spoiler:

Jerks are people who get into other peoples accounts without asking!

"Secondly, do not insult my intelligence, for I assure it's much greater than yours."
"Obey elders that is older than you"
"Don't be bullied by younger age kids"
"Use your head think new games"
"No useing old game material" (thats disobeying copyright)

+Quote Post

fmjpr
post Mar 17 2011, 06:10 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Thats what happens on threads that are over a year old.

--------------------
Trailer for It Came From Yesterday: Click Me

This was made by a dear friend of mine. Any support is appreciated! Also, Like the Facebook page while you're at it: It Came From Yesterday

New and improved official site: ICFY

Swagbucks referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jbart321

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 03:36 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.