iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CS Ultimate Series; Overdrive, Upgraded to fit my new Ultimate series
CrimsonSeas
post Dec 1 2009, 08:57 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Coder

CrimsonSeas Ultimate Series; Ultimate Overdrive

by CrimsonSeas

Introduction

What is CrimsonSeas Ultimate series?
CS Ultimate series is a series of scripts that I made. I kinda got influenced by KGC and Yanfly for making great scripts that are compatible with each other. Even though they are influenced by them, most of these scripts are made to be original, in which the same kind of script may have different features.
Ultimate series are scripts that will change the default game systems. These scripts are tested to work fine with default battle system and Tankentai battle system.

CS:U Overdrive
This overdrive script wasn't originally meant to be an Ultimate series, since I made this before I even thought of making Ultimate series. But due to the high compatibility of this script, I decided to upgrade this to Ultimate series.
This overdrive script is like a combination of Final Fantasy 7 Limit Break and Final Fantasy X Overdrive.

Features
Upgraded to Ultimate series!!
-No longer require ReadNote
-But now requires the Ultimate series Core script.
-Added item and skills that increase/decrease overdrive value.

v1.1
-Now using ReadNote instead of TagNote (not that different though)
-Fury and Sadness is now treated as the same state; Sadness is fury with negative value. These states are now set via the states note field, enabling you to have more than one fury/sadness state with different increase/decrease value
-Configure texts shown at OD menu in the config module.
-Cleaner coding.

v1.0
-Simplified Overdrive level system, I said simplified because it's a bit different from FF7. In this script, only OD skills with OD level same/lower than the current character's OD level can be used. You can set what level is your character's OD level individually.
-Total of 12 Overdrive modes, like in FFX that enables you to set what condition raises character's OD gauge.
-Gain overdrive modes by performing action a number of times. Example: Attacking 100 times gains you an Attacker OD mode.
-Define state ID that causes Fury and Sadness effect. (Faster/ Slower OD rate)
-Highly customizable, to the point that it backfires (really, really long customizable part will surely make you feel tired of customizing tongue.gif).

Screenshots
Overdrive selection at battle
Spoiler:

Overdrive Menu
Spoiler:

Overdrive Modes.
Spoiler:

How to Use

Get the script from the attachment. The demo also has the script but it's the older version that is not Ultimate series upgraded.

All Ultimate series requires to be copied at the very top of custom scripts. And they also require the Ultimate Series Core copied at the very bottom of all Ultimate series.

This script is NOT fully compatible with Tankentai, compatibility patch for Tankentai is in the list topic.

Note Tagging Examples:
Spoiler:

<overdrive value>
This tag is used to define whether a skill is an overdrive or not, and sets level = value if it is an overdrive.

<od_increase value>
This tag is used to define a skill or item that will increase the target(s)' overdrive gauge. Set a negative value to decrease overdrive gauge. As a reference, overdrive value at maximum is 1000.

<fury value>
This tag is to used define a state that will act as a fury state. Fury states increase overdrive gauge rate. Set a negative value to make it a Sadness state. Value is set in percent.

<mode mode_name>
This tag is used to define a drive mode to an enemy. mode_name should be one of the mode name that you define in the Module Configuration. Write mode_name without any quote marks.

Script
Ultimate Overdrive
Attached File  CS_Ultimate_Overdrive.txt ( 40.58K ) Number of downloads: 1085

Core Script:
Get it here =>CrimsonSeas Ultimate Series List

Demo
DEMO IS OLD!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?mzzygwycizm

FAQ
Q: What the hell's with Ultimate, so lame
A: Who cares what they're named, as long as they're working good.

Q: Why is the config so long?
A: Sorry, that's because I wanted lots of things to be customizable. You don't really have to customize them all though.

Q: Other Overdrive scripts are better than this crap.
A: Yeah I don't intend this to be good for everyone, I'm just making this according to my preferences. If you like it then good, if you don't then don't use this, use the one that suits you best.

Credit and Thanks

-CrimsonSeas
-Yanfly and KGC for the inspirations that gave birth to the Ultimate series.
-Square Enix

Author's Notes

As usual this script may be buggy. This is due to the original script being made specifically for my project, and I've tried my best in making this script compatible with everyone. But I'm sure bugs and compatibility issues will still arise. If so, please post it here, I'll try to post a fix for that. Thanks.

This post has been edited by CrimsonSeas: Jan 22 2010, 03:00 PM

--------------------
As long as I can still make something myself, I'll make it myself. But in the case that I can't, please do help me out :P

Thanks Kaimi!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

N2Y
post Dec 1 2009, 01:07 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Spriter

YOU DID IT!!!!

Overdrive as an actual menu option!

Dude... you're a hero. I'm gonna test it out right now.

EDIT:
Okay, tested it out. It works smoothly. Really nice work. And you did a good job that by pushing the SHIFT button the attack-command changes to the overdrive-command. I myself would change it to the left-key instead (like FFX) since it's a button you're more likely bound to push. But that's customizable already, probably.

It would be really cool if you could combine this with the Overdrives you created. I tried to do it myself, but the it crashes. It would be an ultimate battle system.

Anyways, great job, once again.

This post has been edited by N2Y: Dec 1 2009, 01:22 PM

+Quote Post

CrimsonSeas
post Dec 1 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

The Menu should be compatible with the overdrive, because I made the menu's specially for this Overdrive, so there wouldn't be a crash there. If there is, can you tell me what is the crash?

Oh and an addition: The Customized Battle Command doesn't work with ATB. This is because ATB is using an additional variable to store commanding actor, so it' won't work like normal. To fix this, use Ctrl+F to find all '@active_battler' variable and replace it with '@commander'.

Anyway, tested with my Skill Activation demo, works just fine with changes like above(so far).

--------------------
As long as I can still make something myself, I'll make it myself. But in the case that I can't, please do help me out :P

Thanks Kaimi!

+Quote Post

eto111
post Dec 1 2009, 04:31 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

haha i have found this now thanks, would this work with scripts inside the KGC libary, Because all I would have to do is replace the KGC overdrive with this one??

--------------------
Centra: Rise of Tiamut currently in production......

Destiny's will be fullfilled............

+Quote Post

CrimsonSeas
post Dec 1 2009, 04:52 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Not sure, since I've never used any KGC scripts (except the Overdrive) so I don't really how they works. You can just try using this and post any error you found.

This post has been edited by CrimsonSeas: Dec 1 2009, 04:53 PM

--------------------

Thanks Kaimi!

+Quote Post

N2Y
post Dec 1 2009, 08:58 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (CrimsonSeas @ Dec 1 2009, 05:28 PM) *
The Menu should be compatible with the overdrive, because I made the menu's specially for this Overdrive, so there wouldn't be a crash there. If there is, can you tell me what is the crash?

Oh and an addition: The Customized Battle Command doesn't work with ATB. This is because ATB is using an additional variable to store commanding actor, so it' won't work like normal. To fix this, use Ctrl+F to find all '@active_battler' variable and replace it with '@commander'.

Anyway, tested with my Skill Activation demo, works just fine with changes like above(so far).

With those settings, it works for me too. smile.gif

Oh man, this is really neat. Finally there's a system where we actually deal with overdrives.

edit: I changed the shift button to LEFT-key to get to the overdrive command. It works a lot better for me personally.

Something I would suggest is having some special effects when full overdrive mode is achieved. For example, having the overdrive bar sparkle/flicker/change colors. And maybe have the Attack+Overdrive command in a different color? Yellow for example. (like in FFVIII! You knew you had Limit Break when the attack command became yellow and you knew to push the RIGHT-key to access the mode)

This post has been edited by N2Y: Dec 1 2009, 09:09 PM

+Quote Post

CrimsonSeas
post Dec 1 2009, 11:47 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

I'd rather not make it like that, that's because the Customized Battle Commands is only an example on how to add an Overdrive command in battle. I personally think it's better if you make it solely based on your preferences, not just use what I've made. I myself have made a good Overdrive command in my system, but I don't think everyone will think it's good. This script's true purpose is only to provide the Overdrive system, and to show an example on making Overdrive commands. It's up to the end user to customize it as you want it. But if you want me to make a personal battle command with Overdrive for you, just PM me with details on how you want it to be, I'll PM you back when I've finished making it. But if it's too complicated I might not be able to make it so please don't ask for a very complicated one.

--------------------

Thanks Kaimi!

+Quote Post

PIYA
post Dec 1 2009, 11:49 PM
Post #8

IM BACK!
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Good

finally... i found the perfect overdrive script... thank you good sir biggrin.gif
ill see if any errors come up

--------------------

+Quote Post

N2Y
post Dec 2 2009, 10:17 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (CrimsonSeas @ Dec 2 2009, 12:47 AM) *
I'd rather not make it like that, that's because the Customized Battle Commands is only an example on how to add an Overdrive command in battle. I personally think it's better if you make it solely based on your preferences, not just use what I've made. I myself have made a good Overdrive command in my system, but I don't think everyone will think it's good. This script's true purpose is only to provide the Overdrive system, and to show an example on making Overdrive commands. It's up to the end user to customize it as you want it. But if you want me to make a personal battle command with Overdrive for you, just PM me with details on how you want it to be, I'll PM you back when I've finished making it. But if it's too complicated I might not be able to make it so please don't ask for a very complicated one.

Okay, that makes sense.

I guess it's more that a lot of people (including me) are complete noobs in scripting and have no idea how to add such graphical changes to an already written script without it crashing time and time again. tongue.gif

But I might PM you someday and see if you can help. But I'm not the kind of guy to keep someone else busy with my requests so, no biggy. wink.gif

+Quote Post

CrimsonSeas
post Dec 2 2009, 10:23 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

That part about crashing time and time again really reminds me when I first learned scripting tongue.gif

If you want to send a request best do it ASAP since I'm currently on a holiday for a month, so there's a lot of free time for me.

--------------------

Thanks Kaimi!

+Quote Post

jaydee15
post Dec 3 2009, 12:52 AM
Post #11

Something coherent... Also Muscle Milk
Group Icon

Type: Writer

@CrimsonSeas:
It is compatible with Ziifee's Spin Battle Menu for ATB? Just wondering. Forget I ever asked, if ever it was answered already.

--------------------
"Kinda bored, but still working on my project."
==========
I support:

==========
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

wltr3565
post Dec 3 2009, 02:05 AM
Post #12

The best BAKA ever
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: True Neutral

As far as I can see, this is far better than KGC's! That's it, I'll change my overdrive system with yours smile.gif, as I done with the dammit exams!

But still, I'm amazed if you still can concentrate with your exams while logging in here.

@jaydee15:
Try it first. No one knows till someone try it.

This post has been edited by wltr3565: Dec 3 2009, 02:06 AM

--------------------
This place is empty, just like I restarted myself.

+Quote Post

CrimsonSeas
post Dec 3 2009, 03:36 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Lol just finished exams yesterday, finally I'm free!! And this script is something I made when I'm too stressed out while studying smile.gif

--------------------

Thanks Kaimi!

+Quote Post

Tokyudo
post Dec 4 2009, 04:31 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

This is great stuff.

Pardon the stupid question but can someone explain to me why I would need to set the level of the OD? I've read the comments in the scripts but I'm still a bit confused on it's purpose (BTW, I have not played FFX before). Thanks in advance.

+Quote Post

CrimsonSeas
post Dec 4 2009, 08:58 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

It's clearly stated that you can only use OD level with lower or equal level to your current character's OD level. And it's also stated that you can define how fast OD gauge charges according to character's level.

--------------------

Thanks Kaimi!

+Quote Post

PIYA
post Dec 5 2009, 04:32 AM
Post #16

IM BACK!
Group Icon

hey do you need your custom menu command from your demo? cuz whenever i use you script, i get an error when i try accessing my menu

--------------------

+Quote Post

CrimsonSeas
post Dec 5 2009, 06:20 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Well of course you'll get an error if you use it with other custom menu command scripts, or even just any custom menus. That's why I only included that script to give an example how to make the overdrive menu.

--------------------

Thanks Kaimi!

+Quote Post

PIYA
post Dec 5 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #18

IM BACK!
Group Icon

oh so dont use your example menu script? o_o"

--------------------

+Quote Post

CrimsonSeas
post Dec 17 2009, 07:04 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Updated to v1.1

--------------------

Thanks Kaimi!

+Quote Post

ZeroManArmy
post Dec 17 2009, 07:33 PM
Post #20

Click the Pokémon Banner!
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

QUOTE (PIYA @ Dec 5 2009, 03:15 PM) *
oh so dont use your example menu script? o_o"

Only if your not using a custom menu.

So if your Using a Custom Menu, incorporate it into that.

If your Using the Default RM Menu, then copy the Custom menu script from the demo into your game.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 10:50 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.