iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Note for Tutorial Threads

New threads (tutorials) here will go into a moderation queue. You will not see your thread appear when you create it. A moderator will decide if it will be approved or denied.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [-Graphics-] Tutorial: How to fix Kaduki enemy battler errors. W/Pics, Works with SBS or anything that uses animated battlers script
Armed-Samurai
post Dec 4 2009, 09:26 AM
Post #1

Armed Samurai in a Cow Suit >.< FEAR THE COW!
Group Icon

Type: Spriter

Tutorial: How to fix Kaduki enemy battler errors.

Intro: Im Armed-Samurai and this tutorial is to teach the noobs of RPG VX who are using the Kaduki styled battlers or any SBS battle style how to fix their animated battlers. It is simpler than it seems. Yes it involves minor script editing to do so but the end result will lead to satisfaction.

Tips: Did you follow the tutorial and your battlers still arn't appearing right? Then save your game file. This works if you keep getting errors and what not as well even after you have removed the problem. WHen you save the gameit updates the system.

Step 1: Installing and setting up a Battler.

Ok so you have the SBS+Kaduki correct? well it comes with a few default battlers. for this exercise lets upload $actor19 into our battlers section. Now go to the database and create a new enemy use $actor19 as your charset/enemy graphic. Then under the troops tag create a new troop. I called mine TUT: TEST: BATTLER: . Now in the battle test. He should come up as the 4x3 charaset that is in the directory. This however is not what we want this is the error we are trying to correct.

Step 2: Edit the Animated Battlers script.

Open up your script editor and scroll down the panel until you come to the animated battler script. Go to line: 34. It should looklike this (Maybe not as many enemy ID's). After the last number which is a 3 in the default script (Mine is edited) put a ,X (x being the desired enemies ID in the database)

Step 3: Apply.

Simply hit apply in your script editor and you shoudl be done. for the most part.

Step 4: Save and battle test.

Save your game file to update your edits. Then open the database and battle test your new enemy.

FAQ: Q. How do I know the battler ID?
A. In the battle directory under the enemies tag what ever number enemy they are is their enemy ID (The small red square is his enemy ID)

Note: If using the Enemy Weapon Add-on the Weapon Icon ID is the same except under the weapons tab

This post has been edited by Armed-Samurai: Dec 4 2009, 08:31 PM

--------------------

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Currently working on a game (Doesnt have an official name yet) but Im almost done mapping/eventing the V.1 Demo :D
BTW I SCRIPTED A LITTLE OMFG!!!!

Fix Kaduki Battler Error Tutorial By me
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

ANTI-hero
post Dec 9 2009, 11:31 PM
Post #2

...Whatever
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: True Neutral

This could help those noobs that see "animated battler" and float into the topic and download without reading any discription.
(Believe me that happens alot.)
Thanks, man. You've taken your part in solving some "Kaduki Chaos".

--------------------
"When you look at me you see a family.
When I look at you I see screaming kids running around breaking everything and two adults that are too lazy to stop the chaos."

~Unknown

+Quote Post

Armed-Samurai
post Dec 10 2009, 02:30 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Im not gonna say I was one of those noobs but it took me a while to figure out exactly what was what then I was like AHHH there we go.... And I started to look up the solution an hour earlier. I got more satisfaction fromfixing it myself though. Then I was like, Ya know Ive seen a lot of people with this problem on Bub's thread and around the forums so lets make a tutorial. And no problem Im glad to help and hopefully this will solve a lot of problems for the newbies who want to use SBS and Kaduki styles. I focused more on the Kaduki fact due to thats usually the one peopl use then are like OMG why do my battler's look like this. Overall just glad to help smile.gif Hope Mr. Bubble likes it too; maybe it will save him some future breaths and replies.

--------------------

Final Fantasy 7

Currently working on a game (Doesnt have an official name yet) but Im almost done mapping/eventing the V.1 Demo :D

+Quote Post

ANTI-hero
post Dec 10 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #4

...Whatever
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: True Neutral

Yeah, I've read and understand all the tutorials, but Kaduki still confuses me at times.
I've learned that, while there are equally good battle systems out there, noobs are attracted to Kaduki to some
odd reason. Maybe it's his unique art style. Who knows. I didn't try Kaduki until a few months ago, so I was not one of
those noobs.

--------------------
"When you look at me you see a family.
When I look at you I see screaming kids running around breaking everything and two adults that are too lazy to stop the chaos."

~Unknown

+Quote Post

Armed-Samurai
post Dec 15 2009, 02:24 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

I was a little smarter than most newbs but yea. Its the chara style mainly due to its so unique. As a statement Ive heard recently it is "eyecandy"

--------------------

Final Fantasy 7

+Quote Post

Isaacj5
post Feb 17 2010, 06:27 PM
Post #6

Isaac
Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Unaligned

No offense but isn't this fixed by just putting $ in front of the enemies? ohmy.gif
Not that i have problems w/ my battle system tongue.gif
was just wondering wink.gif

+Quote Post

bulls
post Feb 17 2010, 10:29 PM
Post #7

You will be worse than dead!
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

No offense but isn't this fixed by just putting $ in front of the enemies?
Not that i have problems w/ my battle system
was just wondering

actually no!
But didnt mr.bubble did a tutorial on how to fix that problem for the kaduki battlers...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Isaacj5
post Feb 19 2010, 08:32 AM
Post #8

Isaac
Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Unaligned

I dunno, i'm not having problems i was just wondering xD

+Quote Post

ValTroX
post Nov 29 2011, 02:51 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

*Ignore post*

This post has been edited by ValTroX: Nov 29 2011, 05:19 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 07:25 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.