iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Note for Early Project Feedback Threads

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adela Isra: The Butterfly Paradox, Under Construction
StormriderAngel
post Jan 30 2010, 02:42 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Artist

Day by day life moves forward. People live their lives unaware that a single action of an individual may set in motion the rise of nations and the advancement of mankind, or the decay of society and the damnation of a generation. Yet life moves forward and history carries on as it was always meant to. With the grand scheme set in play, the time-line branches forth, event to event, yet always remains on the path set since the beginning of time.

However‚€¶there are moments in time, when events break from their designated purpose, and change certain outcomes drastically. These moments can fade to nothing, or they set into motion a series of events that severely distort the vision of life crafted by the gods. This is known as The Butterfly Paradox.

While Dante Almendros and Sienna Mahidani head to the capital of the Kingdom of Ascalia, they find themselves not only hunted by a creature of unknown origin and the mysterious Sisters of Chantrea, but also by the fatal flaws they carry and the past they couldn‚€™t leave behind. Sienna is in search for a woman she says to have‚€Ěbetrayed‚€Ě her, while Dante is headed home in search for redemption. They soon learn that their very existence and every action they've made has put the Butterfly Paradox into play. One on a scale said to pull world into an eternal black abyss.

Under HEAVY Construction
OLD VERSION DEMO:
With RTP Included:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qrytmzy2yoy

Without RTP:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hgyq255zlyu

This post has been edited by StormriderAngel: Mar 4 2011, 07:53 AM

--------------------
-To Be Continued-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

StormriderAngel
post Jan 31 2010, 12:29 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Just to put an end to some of the PM floods I've been getting, I'm just going to show you what I work with when mapping RMVX

Tilesets
Spoiler:

But, I have a very important piece of advice and I want you to keep it in your mind no matter how harsh it may sound;
It's the skills you have, not the tools you use. Do not expect prettier tiles to instantly make prettier maps. The real deciding
factor is the time and effort you're willing to put into you maps.

Oh if you're wondering where the xp tiles are...they're not here. They never were.

This post has been edited by StormriderAngel: Feb 6 2010, 02:30 AM

--------------------
-To Be Continued-

+Quote Post

blake_ezra
post Jan 31 2010, 12:32 AM
Post #3

I make sprites. . . Like a BOSS!
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

How did the get into PD as opposed to EPD? There is no demo that I can see. . .

Either way, I am glad you finally ported this thread to RMVX.net. Definitely worth a second look once a demo is released.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Xyphon
post Jan 31 2010, 12:42 AM
Post #4

I only have one gear: Go!
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

You sir, are an excellent mapper.

--------------------
Ahoy there sailor, can you do the otter dance? First you take your right flipper and you slap it on your pants. Next you take your left flipper and you catch a little fish. Then you take your little tail and you swish swish swish!

+Quote Post

Super Stick Lyon...
post Jan 31 2010, 12:44 AM
Post #5

Preußischer Generalfeldmarschall
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

yep, I'll be keeping track of this one wink.gif

--------------------
My Projects:

Supported Projects:
Spoiler:

But the age of chivalry is gone. That of sophisters, economists, and calculators, has succeeded; and the glory of Europe is extinguished for ever. Never, never more shall we behold that generous loyalty to rank and sex, that proud submission, that dignified obedience, that subordination of the heart, which kept alive, even in servitude itself, the spirit of an exalted freedom. The unbought grace of life, the cheap defense of nations, the nurse of manly sentiment and heroic enterprise, is gone!

--Edmund Burke

+Quote Post

Moururi
post Jan 31 2010, 09:21 AM
Post #6

Ocean Stars Falling...
Group Icon

QUOTE (blake_ezra @ Jan 31 2010, 12:32 AM) *
How did the get into PD as opposed to EPD? There is no demo that I can see. . .

Either way, I am glad you finally ported this thread to RMVX.net. Definitely worth a second look once a demo is released.

EPD is for projects in their very early stages that might not even really be in development yet. (You might just have the rough story, an engine test, etc...) This seems suitable enough for PD.

Anyways Stormriderangel this looks and sounds fantastic, i'm looking forward to a demo.

+Quote Post

SamGreen
post Jan 31 2010, 09:35 AM
Post #7

Life Is Good.
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

OMG OMG OMG *Gasps for air*, *passes out on the floor because of pure excitement*, OMG OMG OMG
IT'S FINALLY HERE!!! Anyway, Can't wait for the demo and I'll give a full review for it wink.gif
Let's just hope it lives up to it's rep! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sen?
post Jan 31 2010, 10:16 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

Ahh! Its finally here, this one I certainly got my eye on. wink.gif

btw, fantastic mapping and artworks there. ^o^

This post has been edited by Sen?: Jan 31 2010, 10:17 AM

--------------------

-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-

Supporting:

+Quote Post

mudducky
post Jan 31 2010, 12:01 PM
Post #9

Lurking...
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: True Neutral

Like others have said, visually this looks fantastic. The story catches my attention and gives me the impression there's a lot more here which we'll have to wait to discover. tongue.gif I'm curious to know how your events play-out.

At the moment however, a lot of RMVX projects put very little focus on the battle aspect. This is a huge mistake. No matter how good a story is or how beautiful mapping is, if the battles are boring then a majority of the gameplay will be boring. You may have done so already, I'm just presuming here from the mistakes I see in a variety of projects, but I'd advice recommend adding strategy to the battles where possible. Try to make an interesting set of skills for Dante and Sienna that would match them, and make use of the element efficiency.

Good luck with your project StormriderAngel! I'm definitely going to download the demo, or full game, once it's ready. smile.gif

This post has been edited by mudducky: Jan 31 2010, 12:01 PM

--------------------
Want help with learning the RPG Maker VX events?

Support. Check out these projects! They are not placed in top ranking order or anything like that.

+Quote Post

Rixis
post Jan 31 2010, 02:29 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Type: Writer

Damn...I was totally suppose to be the first post..but I seem to have missed it Dx!

Ah well, anyways you already know what I think about this project, so there isnt much to be said that hasnt bee said already happy.gif!

Sure did take long enough for this thing to show up after you posted it though O_o!?

Anyways heres a well deserved bump biggrin.gif!

EDIT: Hey sweet im in the credits 8D! Not sure what I did to get that though lol.

btw, wheres that user bar >_>?

This post has been edited by Rixis: Jan 31 2010, 02:30 PM

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I am your Goddess and you worship me then put this userbar in your sig :D!
-------------You must obey! @_@------------

Other stuff you SHOULD look at :].....Obey @_@!!!!!

Spoiler:
------------My current project-----------------

--------------Projects I'm looking forward to----------

+Quote Post

artificer-urza
post Jan 31 2010, 02:36 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

I disagree with that. Story is the most important thing. It doesn't matter how 'fun' or 'engaging' (not to mention most people are terrible at strategy) the battles are; if the story is poorly developed and riddled with poorly developed characters and ill-used cliches, it won't be an interesting game. That said, this one does hold my interest.

+Quote Post

StormriderAngel
post Jan 31 2010, 07:36 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Wow, thanks for all the comments you guys blink.gif
This game is already overhyped, I'm doomed to fail! XD

QUOTE (mudducky @ Jan 31 2010, 01:01 PM) *
Like others have said, visually this looks fantastic. The story catches my attention and gives me the impression there's a lot more here which we'll have to wait to discover. tongue.gif I'm curious to know how your events play-out.

At the moment however, a lot of RMVX projects put very little focus on the battle aspect. This is a huge mistake. No matter how good a story is or how beautiful mapping is, if the battles are boring then a majority of the gameplay will be boring. You may have done so already, I'm just presuming here from the mistakes I see in a variety of projects, but I'd advice recommend adding strategy to the battles where possible. Try to make an interesting set of skills for Dante and Sienna that would match them, and make use of the element efficiency.

Good luck with your project StormriderAngel! I'm definitely going to download the demo, or full game, once it's ready. smile.gif

Thanks for the comment

It actually took some skill to write that much about the game while giving almost nothing away XD. The way the game works out is that there's almost no prologue so the story keeps building and building upon itself rather than relying on what happened in the past.

Don't worry about the battle system. Before the game had any maps and a story, the very first thing I did was the battle system. I must have spent 30+ hours alone perfecting and balancing everything about it to get it to this point. So I'd worry more about the rest of the game before the battles tongue.gif.

QUOTE (Rixis @ Jan 31 2010, 03:29 PM) *
Damn...I was totally suppose to be the first post..but I seem to have missed it Dx!

Ah well, anyways you already know what I think about this project, so there isnt much to be said that hasnt bee said already happy.gif!

Sure did take long enough for this thing to show up after you posted it though O_o!?

Anyways heres a well deserved bump biggrin.gif!

EDIT: Hey sweet im in the credits 8D! Not sure what I did to get that though lol.

btw, wheres that user bar >_>?

Haha yeah, you were waaaay to late. I was pretty much stalking this site reloading over and over again to make sure I got the first post XD.
You got in the credits mostly because if it weren't for your encouragement I probably wouldn't have done this for another month or so and even that thread would have probably been half-assed.

As for the the bars, you see I have them done...I just don't know what to do to get them in the codebox and sill only come out letters only instead of a link...

QUOTE (artificer-urza @ Jan 31 2010, 03:36 PM) *
I disagree with that. Story is the most important thing. It doesn't matter how 'fun' or 'engaging' (not to mention most people are terrible at strategy) the battles are; if the story is poorly developed and riddled with poorly developed characters and ill-used cliches, it won't be an interesting game. That said, this one does hold my interest.

Story/Characters = Gameplay, but it really depends on what kind of game it is. For this type of game, the story is more likely to interested players than the gameplay...but I've seen bad gameplay ruin good stories all them time (that's more on RMN, while it's the opposite here).

--------------------
-To Be Continued-

+Quote Post

Rixis
post Jan 31 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Type: Writer

QUOTE (StormriderAngel @ Jan 31 2010, 02:36 PM) *
Wow, thanks for all the comments you guys blink.gif
This game is already overhyped, I'm doomed to fail! XD

Thanks for the comment

It actually took some skill to write that much about the game while giving almost nothing away XD. The way the game works out is that there's almost no prologue so the story keeps building and building upon itself rather than relying on what happened in the past.

Don't worry about the battle system. Before the game had any maps and a story, the very first thing I did was the battle system. I must have spent 30+ hours alone perfecting and balancing everything about it to get it to this point. So I'd worry more about the rest of the game before the battles tongue.gif.

Regarding that; I wanted to saw you did a great job with that story summary, I was almost kind of amazed becuase I know for damn sure I couldnt have made my that short and simple without it ended up sounding confussing or something. It definatly draws you in and gives you all you need to know to want to play..even the characters you can see are well developed even with such a short simple description.

Hmm maybe I should consider rewritting my summaries in an atempt to do the same lol (though may be quite a drag since I already wrote so much Dx).

Anyways congrats on getting your thread out again. Still dont really think I deserve the credits, but if you insist lol thats quite nice of you.

Still pretty mad at you for beating me to the first post >_> lol jk.

Btw i can help you with your user bar problem, PM me later when you get the chance SRA.

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I am your Goddess and you worship me then put this userbar in your sig :D!
-------------You must obey! @_@------------

Other stuff you SHOULD look at :].....Obey @_@!!!!!

Spoiler:
------------My current project-----------------

--------------Projects I'm looking forward to----------

+Quote Post

Cyl
post Feb 1 2010, 09:04 AM
Post #14

inactive.
Group Icon

Type: Coder

I got me eye on this game.

--------------------
One word:
Paradichlorobenzene

(Currently inactive)

+Quote Post

SirFratley
post Feb 1 2010, 12:24 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Type: Coder

i also could help with userbar problems if he isn't online when you are next/etc. game is looking phenomenal, i'm really quite impressed. great work, man and i'm looking forward to this.

+Quote Post

Planet's Knight
post Feb 1 2010, 02:13 PM
Post #16

" Cry me a River..."
Group Icon

Wow, now this is what I want to see happening in Rpg Maker Games. Good developed Story, great character concepts and background, and personal Artwork. That's enough to keep me glued on to this project. By the way, I love that Roof Top scene with the people watching at the bottom.

--------------------
=========================================================

+Quote Post

Kumi
post Feb 1 2010, 05:50 PM
Post #17

Wannabe Goddess
Group Icon

So far, this game looks absolutely AMAZING! The mapping, artwork, etc, is just beautiful. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this game as well. ^_^

--------------------

+Quote Post

StormriderAngel
post Feb 4 2010, 12:30 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Wow...this game is just covered in eyes isn't it o_O?
Thank you all very much for the support and interest you guys are showing the game ^^;.
Sorry I haven't been updating very much, this week I started work on a super secret side
project to AI which will stay hidden until it's ready to be test played biggrin.gif. Don't worry, it's a
much smaller project which should interupt AI's completion very much.

--------------------
-To Be Continued-

+Quote Post

Mr. Monkey
post Feb 4 2010, 12:56 AM
Post #19

Leader of the Monkey Mafia.
Group Icon

Very impressive maps! I love this game
so far! The slime looks a
little big... If you need a smaller one
you can always use Milano_cat's slime.

I use it. tongue.gif

--------------------
l~~~~~Sig~~~l
--------------------

Spoiler:

Me like these:

I support:
Spoiler:

My stuff (Click it):

+Quote Post

alx_zero
post Feb 4 2010, 04:44 AM
Post #20

I want cheesecake
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

IMPRESSIVE!!!!
Your mapping skills are far more than just awesome!
congrats!
I'm definitely going to play this

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 06:55 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.