iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> ATTENTION!

Do not post questions about Ace in this section. Any and all Ace related support should be posted in the Ace section found here.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> How to read RPGVX data? *solved*
casper667
post Feb 4 2010, 05:13 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Okay, so I am making a website for my game as part of my Adv. Web Design class in school. I am making a complete help site for my game with information on all the items/armors/weapons/enemies/etc.

The problem is that, I can't take the editor with all the data to the school computer to get the data for the items(such as their stats and what they do), so I have been writing down all the items' specs and everything in notepad at home, then taking that notepad file to school...which is VERY tedious and slow.

I was wondering if there was any way to somehow either get the editor to work and run the database at school, or to open and decrypt the .rvdata files such as items.rvdata, so I don't have to write down all the stats manually.

Edit: I installed it to my usb drive at home and took it to school and it worked smile.gif thx a bunch never thought about doing that! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by casper667: Feb 5 2010, 01:43 AM

--------------------
~ Casper ~

Currently working on
BtS - Evacuation: 16% Want to test what I have done so far? Click this link DEMO
Pure RPG 2: Still in planning

A Casper Gaming Christmas: 5%

Variables not working? Try this LINK
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

scherzo
post Feb 4 2010, 05:28 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Hm, I used to run RPG Maker VX off a usb drive and that worked for me. You really can't use the .rvdata files without the editor afaik, so you'd need to install it on a usb drive, and/or whatever machine you're at, to access them.

Alternatively to notepad, might I suggest Microsoft excel or Google spreadsheets? tongue.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 09:21 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.