iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> 

This forum is for recruiting for games in development. Please do not post threads about games being made here.

28 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Super Smash Bros. Heroes, Last update: January 17, 2011
Kaptain J
post Feb 5 2010, 05:28 PM
Post #1

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Kudos to Jaeroll for the logo!

The Least You Need to Know

First of all, let me confirm that, yes, this is indeed a fan game. I've been spending most of my free time nowadays writing the story, as well as coming up with gameplay ideas and drawing artwork for the game. But I need more than just me to do this. That's where you guys come in...

The Story

Alright. So this is, how you say, an "origins" story. Now, as many of you may know, the Super Smash Bros. world is made up of trophies that fight each other. Therefore, this game explains how that world came to be. But I'll go ahead and explain some of it to you right now:

Spoiler:

In the opening, two beings, named Emmitt and Spaak, are in a place called the Smash Realm. They have the job of looking after the universe, making sure it remains stable. However, the two of them get bored after a little over 9,000 years, because of the fact that nothing has happened. They decide to break their boredom by creating their own universe, in which they can make anything they want happen. Once they create the Universe, a mysterious figure, known simply as the Master, appears. He finds the idea of the Universe rather interesting, so he takes it from them. His control of this universe causes disturbances throughout the game.

You begin the game as Mario. Basically, you're saving the princess again. When you get to Bowser, you fight him. But when Mario goes in for the final attack, a portal opens out of nowhere, caused by a rift in the universe. The portal sucks Mario in, then closes, leaving Bowser free to rule the Mushroom Kingdom.

Throughout the rest of the game, you will play as different SSB characters, going through a few of their stories, along with the game's original storyline. The story unfolds as the characters meet, and join, each other. At some point, you will be able to choose which four of the characters you want in your party.

As I have stated before, this is an "origins" story. At some point in the game, you will find out how the trophies have come to exist.

This is obviously just a synopsis...

The Chapters

Chapters 0 and 1 are now up! Go on...give 'em a read:

Chapter 0 (Prologue)
Chapter 1

Multiple Game Mechanics

I am hoping to be able to incorporate various game mechanics into this RPG. For example, I want to have Fox go through side-scroll shooter levels. It would be nice to also be able to have upgrades for Fox's Arwing, to make it better, and have its own levels. But, we'll see if it's even possible...

Also, I plan on Luigi having a survival-horror style gameplay. Not completely, though. I only want his gameplay to scare the players a little bit (creepy music, surprises, etc.). You still enter battles in the normal RPG style. However, this is only for about half of the game, then, he joins everyone else.

The Hopeful Battle System

Whether I have to wait for a way to do it, or I have to master Ruby myself, I have an awesome battle idea in mind...

How to Battle

It would be turn-based...still. When a character attacks, though, you have quite a few options. For example, if you get to the enemy, and you push the action button, you'll do an attack. If you push, and hold, the action button, you'll charge up, and then release a strong attack. If you push the button again right after that one, you'll do a strong combo. If you get to the enemy, and push the button rapidly, you'll do more, but weaker, combos. Think of this as the actual games, but, mixed with an RPG battle system.

Smash Skills

Skills and magic are there. Only, I call them "Smash Skills." These would, hopefully, involve more innovation. But some skills would not. For example, each character has special Smash Skills. These go from "Super Smash," to "Ultra Smash," and finally to "Final Smash." If you use Link's Final Smash, he'd repeatedly slash the enemies with his sword. When he does so, the player would have a button thing going on, such as rapidly mashing the action button to do more damage. As for the Smash Skills that aren't as crazy, they'd probably just be something simple, like, just use it to get cured...

The Escape

The escape feature would probably be like M&L, where you mash the action button to run away. And you'd lose coins for it, as well...

Sudden Death

I'm not sure if this will stay its name, but there would be a feature called "Sudden Death." This works similar to a Rage Meter. On the character HUD, there would be a percentage. At the start of the battle, it is at 0%. As the enemy attacks a character, that character's percentage goes up. When it goes up, the amount of damage the character receives is slightly multiplied. When it reaches 300%, the character goes into Sudden Death mode. In this mode, the character does 2x their attack power, but also receives 2x the amount of damage.

More to come...maybe...

The Universe at Its Core

Spoiler:
Most, if not all, of the characters will have a world associated with them. The players will find themselves going through many familiar places along their journey. When things get really out of hand with the universe, the player will see that all of the worlds will be transported to one alternate universe. This is the universe that the Master has taken ownership of. This universe acts as the "world map" of the game, in which you fly through space and go to the different worlds. In the actual worlds, the maps will be much like in the Mario & Luigi series. If I am able to incorporate the side-scroll shooting levels for Fox, then he will have a level for each of the worlds.

Any Screenshots?

Nope! I haven't done much. That's why I need to put a team together...

The Artwork and the Motion Comics

I have thought about it, and I've decided to make every cinema scene a motion comic/animatic. I will be doing all the artwork, and I will be using Toon Boom to make the comics. I will post some artwork as soon as I get the first scene done.

Original Biographies

Okay, so you already know Mario, Link, and all the others. So I'll go ahead and give a few bios of my own characters:

The Overseer

Spoiler:

The Overseer is the leader of the Watchers, and the Watcher of All. He is also known as the God of the universe. Before time existed, the Overseer was all there was. All alone, in a place he later named the Smash Realm. Feeling the boredom of being the only one in existence, the Overseer created a universe, and its inhabitants. Over the course of time, the beings began to evolve to the point where some of them gained interesting abilities. Not having these abilities himself, the Overseer gave these beings jobs in the Smash Realm. Thus, a group called the Watchers was created, whose jobs were to look after the stability of the universe, to make sure nothing goes wrong. After a being known as the Master steals their universe, the Overseer and the other Watchers try to figure out how to stop the universe from becoming unstable, and, ultimately, collapsing.

Emmitt

Spoiler:

Emmitt is the Watcher of Time. He is one of the Watchers of the Smash Realm. His name comes from the word "Time." Over 9,000 years ago, Emmitt was given the task of looking after the time of the universe by the Overseer, to ensure that nothing goes wrong. After a long while of nothing happening, Emmitt, along with his companion Spaak, decide to create their own universe, to break their boredom. After a being known as the Master steals their universe, Emmitt and the other Watchers try to figure out how to stop the universe from becoming unstable, and, ultimately, collapsing.

Spaak

Spoiler:

Spaak is the Watcher of Space. He is one of the Watchers of the Smash Realm. His name comes from the word "Space." Over 9,000 years ago, Spaak was given the task of looking after the space of the universe by the Overseer, to ensure that nothing goes wrong. After a long while of nothing happening, Spaak, along with his companion Emmitt, decide to create their own universe, to break their boredom. After a being known as the Master steals their universe, Spaak and the other Watchers try to figure out how to stop the universe from becoming unstable, and, ultimately, collapsing.

Consci

Spoiler:

Consci is the Watcher of Minds. She is one of the Watchers of the Smash Realm. Her name comes from the word "Conscience." Over 9,000 years ago, Consci was given the task of looking after the minds of everyone in the universe by the Overseer, to ensure that nothing goes wrong. One of her roles is to help the people of the universe, by telling them what they don't know, in order to help them get by. After a being known as the Master steals the universe that Emmitt and Spaak created, Consci and the other Watchers try to figure out how to stop the original universe from becoming unstable, and, ultimately, collapsing.

Shiro

Spoiler:

Shiro is the Watcher of Heroism. He is one of the Watchers of the Smash Realm. His name comes from the word "Hero," but also means "white" in Japanese. Over 9,000 years ago, Shiro was given the task of looking after all worlds in the universe by the Overseer, to ensure that every world has a hero to protect it. One of his roles is to take the place of a hero, if he or she is unable to protect the world. After a being known as the Master steals the universe that Emmitt and Spaak created, Shiro and the other Watchers try to figure out how to stop the universe from becoming unstable, and, ultimately, collapsing.

The Master

Spoiler:

The Master is a Watcher who was banished from the Smash Realm thousands of years ago. His job was to be the Overseer's right-hand man, and take care of things when the Overseer could not. However, he became corrupt, trying to take the Overseer's position, and rule the universe. Knowing this, the Overseer banished him to Subspace, and he was never to be heard of again. However, when he finds a way to transform his own body into a more powerful version of himself, the Master breaks free. His new being is made up of his Master Hand, the right hand of creation, his Crazy Hand, the left hand of destruction, and his face. The Master can be known as the Being of Devastation. The Master discovers that Emmitt and Spaak have created their own universe, and, interested in the idea, decides to take it for himself. Of course, his action will, most undoubtedly, cause many disturbances in space and time.

Gimme a Job!

Let's get down to business. Right now, I'm calling the group Team Smash. Basically, this is what I need:

Scripters: I will be using some scripts that are on this, and other, websites. But, there's a lot I can't find that I want in the game. I need people who can make good scripts that match my visions of the game, or edit scripts in that fashion.

Spriters: I need people who are able to take sprites from full spritesheets, and turn them into RMVX-friendly spritesheets. I also need people who can make high-quality sprites of original characters, as well as sprites of unoriginal characters who don't have spritesheets to use, including battle sprites. So, by all means, show me what you can do first.

Mappers: I'm not so sure about my mapping skills. I need people who can make maps. Most likely, once you create a map, I will draw the way I want it to look over your map, via parallaxes.

Eventers: I'm not so sure about my eventing skills either. I need people who are good at making events that aren't complete crap.

Musicians: There are already a lot of songs I plan on using (remixes, mostly), but I still need people to make an original theme song, variations of that theme (battle and what not), and remixes of songs that I could either not find, or I just couldn't find good ones for the game.

Voice Actors: I might use voice acting for the game, but only if I find people who can mimic the characters almost exactly. This would make the game a little more unique. If you would like to try out, I will be holding Youtube audition eventually. I'll post a link when it's up...

Back-Up Crew: This is, by no means, a demanding job. If you want to help, but don't want to commit too much, you could always sign up for this. The back-up crew will help the main guys in what their jobs are. For example, you could be a back-up writer, who critiques my stuff and gives me ideas. Or you could be a back-up mapper, and polish maps others made. Also, if you're a good artist, you could be a back-up artist, who draws pictures in my style, in order to speed up the animations for cut scenes. The options here are pretty much endless...

What's my job, you ask? Well, I am the director, producer, writer, artist, and a voice actor, if I have any voice acting...

Note: even though I'm the writer, I would gladly take suggestions from anyone.

So, Who Has a Job?

Here is a list of current team members, based on what I need:

Spoiler:

- Scripters
(None)

- Spriters
pjcr
fantasyheart

- Mappers
Kaptain J (parallax)
NotteEterna

- Eventers
Kaptain J
NotteEterna

- Musicians
Kaptain J (possibly)
Quesadilla
drew6464

- Artists
Kaptain J
ShinGamix

- Voice Actors
Kaptain J (Emmitt, Spaak, ...)
Rina-Chan (Consci, Peach, Samus)

- Back-Up Crew
hyrulianhero123 (writer, mapper)
koopaman (writer)

Support the Heroes!

If you'd like to support this project, place this in your sig:

CODE
[topic=26484][img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Oni-Shiro/SSBH.png[/img][/topic]

It'll look like this:

This post has been edited by Kaptain J: Aug 31 2011, 10:46 PM

--------------------

Come join Team Smash today!

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

Check out my tutorial and articles:
How to Write a Story
The Kaptain's Article Dump

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Aeon-XIII
post Feb 7 2010, 03:46 PM
Post #2

Back from the ethereal slumber
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Chaotic Good

mmm,this could be interesting,i would like to be a spriter,photobucket isnt working properly by now,so i cant post the samples directly,but check on my sig "Aeon's Time Rift of Sprites",thats my shop and where all my works are posted

also,im not aplying to this,but if you need help with eventing,i can be a backup eventer

i think thats all for now,if photobucket starts working to me,i'll post the samples then

--------------------

Click here so i can kick your ass!

Projects
Come on,join "Anima Sword" team
Progress
Spoiler:

General [||||||||||]
Story [||||||||||]
Characters [||||||||||]
Maps [||||||||||]
Music [||||||||||]
Scripts [||||||||||]
Gameplay [||||||||||]
Database[||||||||||]
Eventing[||||||||||]

My Works
Check out Aeon's Time Rift of Sprites--Now it's a shop!

Just check this out
Spoiler:
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3241769

Behold!! My userbars collection
Spoiler:

(thx DrMombo for sharing this)

(again,thx DrMombo,for making this awesome userbar)

Click On My Spoiler,You Know You Want To...
Spoiler:

Yes,I do Yu-Gi-Oh Cards,PM me if you want me to do a card.

Yes,Im A Kingdom Hearts Fan

Yes.If I Could,I'll Be Wearing A Keyblade With Me All The Time

The Most Meaningfull Song To Me
Spoiler:
In a dream I can see,
You are not far away,
Anytime anyplace,
I can see your face,
You are that special one,
That I've been waiting for,
And I hope you're looking for, someone like me

In my dreams,
I can hear you calling me,
In the night, everything's so sweet,
In your eyes, I feel, there's so much, inside,

In the NiGHTS, dream delight,
I want to see you standing there,
I've found someone who really cared,
I want to see your smile again,
Your the one I've waited for.

In a dream we can do,
Anything we want to,
There's nowhere I'd rather be,
but here with you,
the stars above light the way,
Only for you and I,
I'm so glad I've found the one I've been looking for,

Keep the dream,
I'm the one your hoping for,
love can come,
through an open door,
just be strong,
and your sure,
to find,
the one the one the one the one!

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Feb 8 2010, 02:14 PM
Post #3

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

Thanks. I appreciate your interest. I'll go ahead and add you in. And if I need more, I'll add you as an eventer. But, since that isn't your specialty, I'll wait to decide.

--------------------

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

How to Write a Story

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Feb 12 2010, 12:55 AM
Post #4

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

I'm bumping because I updated the first post.

--------------------

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

How to Write a Story

+Quote Post

mnMetal
post Feb 12 2010, 04:46 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

I suppose I could be an eventer. I'm not the best, but I've had a lot of practice. I can give you a sample if you tell me what you're looking for.

+Quote Post

Oceano
post Feb 12 2010, 04:48 AM
Post #6

I Shot The Sheriff
Group Icon

Type: Designer

You might need a little help on your logo.. Make it match the rest of the wording.

--------------------

MISS MAY I
ROSE FUNERAL
EMMURE

+Quote Post

Takusa
post Feb 12 2010, 05:55 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

I am still in training, but I could be your mapper for the project, if you want.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Feb 14 2010, 01:49 AM
Post #8

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

mnMetal - I'm looking for quite a bit, event-wise. Do you have any specialties?

Oceano - I know, my logo sucks. A good one is currently underway. I just need to figure out the best way to make it.

Takusa - could you give me an example? Also, are you any good at converting tilesets into ones usable with VX?

This post has been edited by Kaptain J: Feb 17 2010, 04:23 PM

--------------------

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

How to Write a Story

+Quote Post

Takusa
post Feb 14 2010, 06:26 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

this is one of my maps from my game

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kyle?
post Feb 14 2010, 07:03 AM
Post #10

Psi My Faveroute Letter!
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Hi There Kapin J
I Was Wondering If I Chould Help With
Eventing!

My Speacailtys Are
Move Routes
Varables
Loops Or Labels!

I'm Bad At
Show Picture
Move Picture

--------------------

Spoiler:

I SUPPORT:
Spoiler:

MY AWARD(S):
Spoiler:

MY PROJECTS:
Spoiler:

The Return: The Elements - 1.0%

FIGHT THIS NAO!
http://kinghax.mybrute.com

JOIN THESE NAO!
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Feb 14 2010, 08:22 PM
Post #11

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

Takusa - good enough for me.

Kyle? - sure you can. I'm sure you'll be of use to the team.

mnMetal - you can tell me later. I'll go ahead and let you join.

This post has been edited by Kaptain J: Feb 17 2010, 04:16 PM

--------------------

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

How to Write a Story

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Feb 14 2010, 08:31 PM
Post #12

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

Here are the newest members of Team Smash:

Aeon-XIII
mnMetal
Takusa
Kyle?

Welcome!

This post has been edited by Kaptain J: Feb 17 2010, 04:12 PM

--------------------

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

How to Write a Story

+Quote Post

mnMetal
post Feb 14 2010, 08:39 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Ah okay. No, I don't really have any specialties, but tell me what you want and I can most likely do it, and if not I can find out how.

+Quote Post

Rene Aramis
post Feb 14 2010, 09:04 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

I could do some of the voice acting. Not sure how good I'd be, but I can mimic alot of different people and video game characters.

--------------------
I'm remaking my first RPG. Lets hope I can finish it this time.

Childhood Memories
Chapter One - 13% Done
Overall - 6% Done

I support

+Quote Post

Quesadilla
post Feb 14 2010, 09:14 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

If you are planning on having a musician, I would like to apply.

My support bar links to my shop page for samples, unless you want something "mario"-related. wink.gif

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Feb 15 2010, 01:58 AM
Post #16

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

mnMetal - I'll take your word for it. I'll think of the things I need later.

Rene Aramis - do you think you can give me samples of who you can sound like?

Quesadilla - I would gladly take musicians. But first, you're acquanted with SSB music, right? Because I'd like someone to make an original SSB-style theme song.

This post has been edited by Kaptain J: Feb 17 2010, 04:11 PM

--------------------

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

How to Write a Story

+Quote Post

drew6464
post Feb 15 2010, 02:23 AM
Post #17

Nope Nope
Group Icon

Type: Spriter

If I can get ahold of how to use Midi Maker I can be a musician. I'm up for other parts, too. I'll think about it.

EDIT: Okay, I have my sample music. Here is a custom midi file of the MapleStory's Cash Shop.
http://www.mediafire.com/?xyhxxzizqov

This post has been edited by drew6464: Apr 9 2010, 08:53 PM

--------------------

I SUPPORT:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Rene Aramis
post Feb 15 2010, 02:37 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

You just need to tell me which ones you need. I'll make samples from those.
Because I can make Links sword slashing, Ganons weird sounding voice. Navi's annoying squeal..
Mario, Donkey Kong, Diddy, Toon Link, Ness.. everything. The only one I know I can't sound like is Captain Falcon. XD

This post has been edited by Rene Aramis: Feb 15 2010, 02:40 AM

--------------------
I'm remaking my first RPG. Lets hope I can finish it this time.

Childhood Memories
Chapter One - 13% Done
Overall - 6% Done

I support

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Feb 15 2010, 02:41 PM
Post #19

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

drew6464 - I'm not a big fan of midi files. Can you make midis sound professional (Like, orchestral)? Also, can you write music?

Rene Aramis - What do you mean by "I can make Links sword slashing?" Also, you could just make samples of anyone you can think of in Super Smash Bros. who you can mimic. However, there will be dialogue. So, make sure you can make these characters say things.

--------------------

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

How to Write a Story

+Quote Post

Quesadilla
post Feb 15 2010, 03:48 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

I LOVE SSBB and I have played Melee as well... I am very well aquainted with this SSB music.

I can make you music in mp3 ogg wav midi.

This post has been edited by Quesadilla: Feb 15 2010, 03:56 PM

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

28 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 01:30 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.