iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Swords of Aθhna, Title, origin, and prolouge updated
hyrulianhero123
post Mar 4 2010, 02:17 AM
Post #1

Those pots WANTED to be smashed...
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Swords Of Aθhna(tentative)
All right, as my first game formally posted on this site... i want you to use your harshest criticism possible. If anyone thinks they have a better way to do it, and it's actually realistic, shout it out.

STORY SO FAR:
ORIGIN
Before there was man, there were gods. these gods, however, were not the all-powerful immortal beings we envision today, but rather humans with the ability to manipulate, create, and terminate matter. These gods created mankind, the world, and a legendary blade. They one day made the mistake of allowing a human into their forge, and that human took the opportunity to create a sword of ultimate evil. He used this sword to kill most of the 'gods', leaving only The gods of light, death, fire, and water alive.. These four decided they had to destroy utterly this rebellious human, and prove that the gods were still the ultimate power. So, they created another powerful sword, specifically designed to counter the human's. The human, his mind now totally warped and twisted by the blade's evil, had gone insane and power mad. The gods, working together, easily dispatched him. They gods of life and death then used their combined powers to restore the other gods, and the full council decided the best way to control the swords would be to melt them all down together and reforge them into 9 regular swords. These swords were hidden in the harshest climates and most secluded areas, and the gods returned to their fortress.

PROLOUGE
When you begin playing the game, you are a man named Zeke. You are a part of a stealth unit in a revolutionary army. The war is at it's climax, with your unit infiltrating the castle in order to open up the otherwise impenetrable doors (see Troy). As you move through the castle, you meet up with the rest of your unit, who have taken the armory, you outfit yourself with better weapons, and you make your way through the castle. After opening the gate, you are given a new mission: assassinate the king. You carry out this mission, and the prologue ends subsequently.

MAIN STORY
The main story begins with the aged and retired zeke living on his farm in solitude, when he recieves an unpleasant visit from the old king's four generals. They proceed to kick the crap out of him, when two young boys suddenly appear to save his ass. The generals tactically retreat, and manage to seize one of the boys in the process. Zeke and the other kid then move out to save the captured boy, and the story goes from there.
WORLD:
Physically, the world so far is non-existant. The world map does not exist, rather: Their are some things i have decided world wise that are worth mentioning however; There will be save points, you will accumulate party members over time rather than all at once, there will be unlockable characters, sidequests, and, if all goes well, it will be evented like the game i'm trying to aim for in quality(though will undoubtedly fall short): Tales of the Drunken Paladin. Full interactivity, however, is something i will add later, as right now i am working on the backbone of the game. The world will be lush. the lands fertile, the days bright the nights dark, and all is peaceful, except towards the end. for the most part, people are oblivious as to what is going on, but as you near the end, things change, everyone know what is happening, and suddenly everyone is ready to help you. Spoilers follow:
Spoiler:
The bad guys succeed in 'destroying' the world, turning it into a wasteland ruled by them, towards endgame. Unlike in most games, i don't plan to have a truely happy ending. It will be tragic, yet hopeful, and, hopefully, touching. I'm not the best writer, though, so i may need some help in there tongue.gif

CHARACTERS:
Zeke: you play as zeke for the first half of the game. he is a 50-year old man, but is as physically fit as a 30 year old. he is as sociable as the guy from Gran Torino. He is sullen from his wife's recent death. as the game develops, he becomes more and more like his old self- cheerful, noble, loyal, but still unsociable. he is never one for meaningless words. he is quick to anger, but even when angry he is unimpulsive and calm. he always has a level head, and many a time kepps the party from runnign into certain doom. However, as an aging man, he does have trouble with fighting. When it comes to stats, he is nearly perfectly balanced, and is your main healer early on. During the prolouge [I.E., the demo,] you play as Zeke in his twenties.

Roy: A minor main character, in that he is in the main party for the demo, but he isn't involved actively in the story as a unique character. Roy is level headed, emotionless, and concentrated on the job ahead. He keeps the party's emotions in check, and while he's an emotionless husk on the outside, inside his emotions run deep er than those of most. He is your party during the demo, as a healer and archer.

Angela: Another minor main character. We see less of her in the game, her personality (in the demo)never shows through. She is pretty much there for fillerr space in the prologue, but later on her ghost plays a big role in keeping the party on track. In the demo, she is in your party as a mage, and puts out most of the damage in the first half.

Tokage: the lizard demon tokage, he generally represents me in my games. he's cunning, strategic, and logical, as well as pyromaniac. he is quick to anger, slow to burn, so angering easliy and holding long grudges. when he's angry, he's impulsive, selfish, and very, very violent. He plays a minor role in the prolouge, but his role in the main storyline... i'll save that for later. He starts out human, in the party with zeke. he is timid, but at this point in the story, has put that aside to the point where he only makes awkward pauses in the conversation. His whole existance is a major plot point in the main game. In the demo, when he is in your party, he is a swordsman who puts out much more damage during the boss fights than anyone else.

SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler:

Intro Screen showing the three Swords of Henrique

Scene When you meet up with your other companions

One of my favorite puzzles from the game: the invisable bridge.

The Awesome Melody Battle System in action

Right before the king, in his throne room

Zeke's House(Post Prologue, won't be in the demo)

DEMO:
Please Notice, there is a glitch at the end: when you defeat the final boss, nothing at all happens. That's because I never made anything past it ;^^
Mediafire link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cvj5dkdhoylc2

Please notice: it is a 0 file, i used winrar to compress it, but it is still a very large file (177megs) so if someone could point me towards a good music converter it would be much appreciated. The demo may be rather buggy, as no-one but my self has fully tested it, and some of the enemies might be under or over powered. If you notice anything else wrong or just want to offer your opinion, don't hesitate to post it. if my game is horrible, I need to know! tongue.gif

CREDITS:
Credits go to:
Woranta-Monster Book/Bestiary Script
Original Wij-Dual Wield or Shield Script
Yanfly/Yerd- Scene status redux, melody battle system, core fixes, custom skills/messages.
Aindra-RMVX School Tutorial
Celianna-resources
Many others, i am in the process of figuring out who made what, cause when i started i was being lazy tongue.gif

Thanks to all of you!

Also, if there is anyone interested in contributing to this game, please do not hesitate to suggest something or offer your services. Except for music, i have ideas to make that 'unique'.

This post has been edited by hyrulianhero123: Jun 9 2011, 10:22 PM

--------------------
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Quotes: I see said the blind man.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has found someone to blame it on.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
If there are no stupid questions, do stupid people get smart just in time to ask questions?
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
and the ever so famous
OMGWTFBBQ

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
TEST I

TEST II

Just a LITTLE different...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

jesterbro
post Mar 6 2010, 07:15 PM
Post #2

Heh.
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

This game sounds good, oh and use imageshack
its easy and you don't have to be a member biggrin.gif

Goodluck!

--------------------
I Support This:

Spoiler:
For Now....

+Quote Post

Zadorain
post Mar 7 2010, 04:32 AM
Post #3

We do what we must because we can.
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Photobucket. It never crashes. And Good luck with the game.

--------------------
Some funny forum quotes:

Spoiler:
QUOTE (AyceM @ Mar 29 2011, 09:38 PM) *
Oh, Jesus, the very awesome on my face right now...

You won't even believe.

QUOTE (Shiro @ Apr 30 2011, 09:24 AM) *
use the shit button technique to do it properly

QUOTE (invasive @ Apr 29 2011, 03:16 PM) *
also mountains.

QUOTE (God Dark punk @ Apr 11 2011, 03:14 PM) *
this tileset is for rpg maker 2003 ? is stupid

QUOTE (Super Stick Lyonn @ Apr 30 2011, 09:51 PM) *
games within the genre almost never fail to give a spicy boner.

He was talking about his sprite. Get your mind out of the gutter.

+Quote Post

hyrulianhero123
post Mar 13 2010, 09:47 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

bump

--------------------
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
If there are no stupid questions, do stupid people get smart just in time to ask questions?
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
and the ever so famous
OMGWTFBBQ

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
TEST I

TEST II

+Quote Post

Kovu
post Mar 14 2010, 01:18 AM
Post #5

Newb Hunter
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Neutral Good

Photobucket crashes on me sad.gif.
Imageshack is win! WIN i say!

Your maps look cool but....well.

In the first one, you shouldn't use the top of the wall tile to fill the area, people usually just leave that alone(i do biggrin.gif and it looks great).

And the other is when the thief is standing infront of the door. It looks like the top of his head disappears D:.

But everything else looks good.

--------------------
Grand Moff Lyonn
two wrongs don't make a right
har har har.

BUT! Two Negatives make a Positive :). And thats Math.
Har Har Har, HAR.

If we burn, you burn with us.

ORIGIN OF PURE EVIL (Read my posts to know)

-Current Projects-

+Quote Post

hyrulianhero123
post Apr 2 2010, 03:03 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Bump, changed Credits section, removed lockpicking.

--------------------
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
and the ever so famous
OMGWTFBBQ

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
TEST I

TEST II

+Quote Post

Tamar
post Apr 13 2010, 06:50 PM
Post #7

Oh, the horror.
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Unaligned

Hmm, have to admit I'm intrigued by the premise. Starting with an older character is an unusual move. Plus it's interesting to start off in the aftermath of a previous adventure. I like the title, too, although you might consider going with an easier-to-recognize spelling.

As for criticism, the idea that 60-year-old Zeke would be as fit as a 20-year-old strains my suspension of disbelief somewhat. It seems like he ought to be developing a handful of issues by that age, even if it's just general soreness or being slower with the farm work than he used to be.

...BTW, Zeke has very weird taste to be growing Rafflesia on his farm... (the big red flowers) considering they smell like rotting meat and draw clouds of flies and all. xD

This post has been edited by Tamar: Apr 13 2010, 06:51 PM

+Quote Post

hyde9318
post Apr 18 2010, 01:42 AM
Post #8

I am the Joker. Heath was just a decoy.
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Maps look decent, but a little square for my taste. They seem a little too organized. But I am picky with mapping. I like the story, but I agree with Tamar. Zeke is a pretty developed character, but at his age, he would be at a big disadvantage to the ordinary 20 year old. This is a very good thing when it comes to originality though. If you make him have his weaknesses, it would make him more human and alot more interesting. Plus, it would also make the player rethink their strategies.

--------------------

Note: This Image is Clickable.

+Quote Post

hyrulianhero123
post May 11 2010, 12:37 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

bump, added a little in characters, demo/more screenshots coming soon!

--------------------
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
and the ever so famous
OMGWTFBBQ

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
TEST I

TEST II

+Quote Post

Lainke
post May 11 2010, 02:07 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Type: Musician

Maps looks simple, but not bad thought, they look cool for me. I'll be waiting for more about this game wink.gif

+Quote Post

hyrulianhero123
post Sep 14 2010, 01:04 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Finally got around to this near-overhaul, story update, ect. sorry i lied abnout the demo, summer ended up being worse on me for this than school! XD
Anyway, I'm back and looking for critiques, and maybe some support. please contribute biggrin.gif

--------------------
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
and the ever so famous
OMGWTFBBQ

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
TEST I

TEST II

+Quote Post

hyrulianhero123
post Sep 20 2010, 02:26 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

bump

--------------------
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
and the ever so famous
OMGWTFBBQ

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
TEST I

TEST II

+Quote Post

hyrulianhero123
post Jan 7 2011, 03:05 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

BUMP
Minor changes to all catagories, demo added, updated/replaced screenies, and (i'm fairly sure) enough content to move to project Development.

--------------------
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
and the ever so famous
OMGWTFBBQ

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
TEST I

TEST II

+Quote Post

Sevith
post Jan 14 2011, 09:33 PM
Post #14

Retired Bear Fighter. ಠ_ಠ
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

Moved to Project Dev at OP's request.

-moved

--------------------
QUOTE (nagilhs @ 2 May 2010)
this guys just a power crazed jack ass.

+Quote Post

FlowyS
post Jan 24 2011, 04:17 AM
Post #15

Needs Photoshop for dummies
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

Since you said:
"All right, as my first game formally posted on this site... i want you to use your harshest criticism possible. If anyone thinks they have a better way to do it, and it's actually realistic, shout it out. Arite, but I hope you don't bite :/"

sword of ultimate evil, called Qopolyse

I don't know if that is me, but the Qopolyse made me think of other words like woopsie or poopsie or cupid, I almost laughed when I heard it. On the serious side to me, names like Calukus, Bezulus, or even Ragnorak would work to show a more serious effect.

He used this sword to kill most of the gods, leaving only The gods of light, death, fire, and water alive..

It kinda stumped me when this evil person actually managed to know the location of the gods, sneak undetected, knew how to make the most powerful weapon, and wanted to kill the Gods (Normally people don't really want to kill their Gods who made them) AND then he left some Gods alive. Mysteries and unknowns are nice in an RPG, but including so many uknowns just made me feel less appeal toward the game.

The Guy

Yea, I hope that is not his real name. I was like Spy Kids?

and I had to agree with hyde9318, the story is kind of square. Adding more passion and powerful adjectives with a smoother transition from sentence to setnence would be nice

This post has been edited by FlowyS: Jan 24 2011, 04:18 AM

--------------------
Supporting:

Helping write for:

+Quote Post

hyrulianhero123
post May 3 2011, 08:50 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (FlowyS @ Jan 23 2011, 10:17 PM) *
Since you said:
"All right, as my first game formally posted on this site... i want you to use your harshest criticism possible. If anyone thinks they have a better way to do it, and it's actually realistic, shout it out. Arite, but I hope you don't bite :/"

I don't know if that is me, but the Qopolyse made me think of other words like woopsie or poopsie or cupid, I almost laughed when I heard it. On the serious side to me, names like Calukus, Bezulus, or even Ragnorak would work to show a more serious effect.

It kinda stumped me when this evil person actually managed to know the location of the gods, sneak undetected, knew how to make the most powerful weapon, and wanted to kill the Gods (Normally people don't really want to kill their Gods who made them) AND then he left some Gods alive. Mysteries and unknowns are nice in an RPG, but including so many uknowns just made me feel less appeal toward the game.

Yea, I hope that is not his real name. I was like Spy Kids?

and I had to agree with hyde9318, the story is kind of square. Adding more passion and powerful adjectives with a smoother transition from sentence to setnence would be nice

This is probably not the reaction you expected, but: THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!

I'll elaborate: I recently became horribly stuck on what to do with this, and now i have place to go. Let's explain things a little better:

1. It's a typo, but you make a good point. The actuall name's not much better, so ima change that up...
2.as for the location, the 'Gods' are more of just really powerful mortals. I should put this up, and will, but at this time they are fairly well known as mortals, rather than gods. most people can travel to their well known and elaborately built palace to get their advice. As for sneak undetected, well... like i said, they let him in the forge. never said anything about him being stealthy. I also left out why he knew how to make the powerful sword out on purpose, it's important later on. He was a disrespectful person, who saw the gods as high-and-mighty humans with magical powers, abusing them to control mankind. He left some alive because he was still a human, and while he did kill several gods, they were alone or at most in pairs. four gods at once was too much and he was forced to flee.
3. as for that guy's name... it's a placeholder. Or the name of the Guy from the disturbed album covers. I started this game when i had a disturbed obsession. It's gone now, so that name prolly is too.

And thats that

On a side note, this game is being revived once again, and i've decided the name sucks. It's too similar to Enrique, who i recently found out is a famous-ish pop singer, and that just won't do. so either he changes his name, or i change this. I will be taking suggestions. That's all.

--------------------
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
and the ever so famous
OMGWTFBBQ

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
TEST I

TEST II

+Quote Post

hyrulianhero123
post Jun 9 2011, 10:23 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Bumping it up, changed to a slightly better title (it's in greek, pronounced Athena), messed with the origin and prolouge story section. Next on the list: BETTER SCREENSHOTS.

--------------------
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
and the ever so famous
OMGWTFBBQ

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
TEST I

TEST II

+Quote Post

rgangsta
post Jun 10 2011, 12:26 AM
Post #18

The Handyman
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Evil

O.O The story sounds very promising and is entertaining.
The download link is broken. It leads to "Swords of Henrick".

--------------------

+Quote Post

hyrulianhero123
post Jun 10 2011, 12:37 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (rgangsta @ Jun 9 2011, 06:26 PM) *
O.O The story sounds very promising and is entertaining.
The download link is broken. It leads to "Swords of Henrick".

That's the old name. and a fairly old demo. The only demo, but fairly old. so no, it's not broken tongue.gif

--------------------
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
and the ever so famous
OMGWTFBBQ

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
TEST I

TEST II

+Quote Post

rgangsta
post Jun 10 2011, 12:49 AM
Post #20

The Handyman
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Oh, well then I'm downloading now. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 06:38 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.