iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blacksmith
MasonShields
post Mar 21 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Neutral Good

Upon creating my game that I am making right now, an idea popped into my head. I was thinking of adding a blacksmith shop where you can take materials you get in the game and make weapons and armor. Although, in thinking about this idea, and comparing it to stuff RPG Maker VX already has, I didn't see any way to make a blacksmith. Is it possible to do this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Redmeida
post Mar 21 2010, 08:39 PM
Post #2

Grim Tales of Down Below Fan
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

yeah this would be possible using eventing. You have them ask what they would like to make. Then whatever they choose have it tell them what they need. Then check for each of these items, if their missing one it doesn't work if they have them all, take them from the inventory and give them the item that was "made" it would become a big event if you had a lot of weapons created. But that's really the basics of it.

--------------------

Become a Dragon! Join the Anime Gamer Dragon Forums! Mods and Global Mods needed!

I support:
Spoiler:

Loyalist Power! (never saw that coming did you)

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MasonShields
post Mar 21 2010, 08:43 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

ok. Thanks. I wasn't sure if there was some sort of scripting that you had to do or if it was as simple as making an event, which I suppose it is. I'll get to work on it. Thanks. <3

+Quote Post

Redmeida
post Mar 21 2010, 08:44 PM
Post #4

Grim Tales of Down Below Fan
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

No problem, it may take some more though and a little more addition to what I said, but it's around that simple.

--------------------

Become a Dragon! Join the Anime Gamer Dragon Forums! Mods and Global Mods needed!

I support:
Spoiler:

Loyalist Power! (never saw that coming did you)

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MasonShields
post Mar 21 2010, 08:45 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

I'll just do some experimenting with my game and see what I can come up with. If I need anymore additional help, I'll ask around.

+Quote Post

DannyBoyy92
post Mar 21 2010, 09:04 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: True Neutral

This is possible with eventing, quite easily (once you wrap your head around what you want to do and know the steps for creating your items). Although I'm pretty sure I have seen a crafting script out there which uses an NPC to create your items if you bring them the ingredients. I can't remember what it's called though, but it's another option should you wish to use it.

+Quote Post

MasonShields
post Mar 21 2010, 09:10 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Thanks. I'll see if I can look around for the script.

+Quote Post

rmvx_phill
post Mar 21 2010, 09:42 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

I think there's a script like that in the KGC Libary.

+Quote Post

Joerao
post Mar 21 2010, 09:46 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Indeed there is, also you could use Yanfly's Item Synthesis.

--------------------

+Quote Post

mark333
post Mar 22 2010, 02:49 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Type: Designer

I also happened by a script in the yanfly collection on this forum that lets you do custom windows, the example was for a teleportation-type event but you could easily use it as a list of options you can craft (you can create options that only appear after certain conditions are met, ie: you have the required items). I was thinking of using something like this in a cooking type feature, doing it with events proved to be a little too much (the conditional branches were really starting to pile up lol).

--------------------

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
"All efforts ought to be directed at the present time to the search for that which we will call ‘inspired simplicity’. The greater the number of those who will dedicate themselves to that, the more will disarray be avoided. —The reason why we have in the last twenty-five years attained the greatest confusion from the creative point of view is that very few composers concentrated their efforts toward this goal, and also because musical creation has relied too much on the unique value of the most unexpected and sometimes least appropriate means of expression to convey the inventive idea."

—Béla Bartók

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 10:08 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.