iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OmegaX WorldMap
Rating 5 V
Peva
post Mar 31 2010, 03:40 PM
Post #21

Also racism
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

This is fucking amazing. Sorry for cussing but...i belive in omegas.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

ShadowMaster
post May 13 2010, 06:33 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Here is another idea for this map system. I think that we should make it accessible from the menu along with making the map scrollable. It would be like how FF13.

+Quote Post

Jakal78
post Jun 9 2010, 02:02 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

Very amazing.
It’s possible to apply this Script on multiple world maps?
If not, how i can do it?
Until now your Map script is the best that i found, I’m making a game inspired to RE rebirth and I have applied your script at the 1st floor Mansion (the only strange thing is that in the Whole view the location position dots isn’t in the right place, until i haven't divided the full map for 5.3 to obtain a good zoomed map), but i don’t know how apply it to other maps.

+Quote Post

Suitch
post Jun 9 2010, 08:52 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Good

I have started making my world map. This script is amazing. I am not using your map generator, so that is likely the problem, but I applied this(actually, a much higher res version) to a paralax so I could get the grid measurement. But it is off. By a lot. How can it be fixed to where I can place points using the standard grid numbers? (I am now just tediously place each point.[over 45 free-travel locations + some marked but untravelable locations.])

EDIT: It would also be nice if a switch could be built in to change the actual map image. Though, I might be the only one to benefit such a change. I want to unlock seperate sections of the road images(As you can see My current map is only laid for the NW, which is one of three countries.

RE-EDIT: I just noticed the irony of my name being Suitch and me asking for a Switch...

This post has been edited by Suitch: Jun 10 2010, 05:26 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Map_Zoomed.png ( 883.13K ) Number of downloads: 35

+Quote Post

Pappappero
post Aug 18 2011, 04:57 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Type: Writer

QUOTE (Jakal78 @ Jun 9 2010, 03:02 AM) *
Very amazing.
It’s possible to apply this Script on multiple world maps?
If not, how i can do it?
Until now your Map script is the best that i found, I’m making a game inspired to RE rebirth and I have applied your script at the 1st floor Mansion (the only strange thing is that in the Whole view the location position dots isn’t in the right place, until i haven't divided the full map for 5.3 to obtain a good zoomed map), but i don’t know how apply it to other maps.

I ask the same thing, It's possible to make a change to the script for multiple worldmaps?
Anyone now somethig about that?

+Quote Post

MasterQZA
post Sep 15 2011, 03:55 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

Just wanted to point out an issue that I had that I did not see in the instructions. You have to set the "Map Properties" to "No Loop" (Loop Horizontal may work; I didn't try it) for the Map Save feature...otherwise, it will keep looping vertically and will eventually crash.

Secondly, I attempted to create a 500x500 tile map and as Mithran had said the program is unable to load a PNG of ~3.2 MB (a 16000x16000 bitmap) and I tried to use the 16000x16000 PNG that Mithran had posted but the VX crashed immediately in that case.

The only way that I was able to bypass the problem was simply by chopping up my map in quarters as earlier discussed by Qadosh. I used 4 slices at 125 x 500 tiles each which brought the PNG for each (4000 x 16000) to under 1 MB (which VX is able to load).

This post has been edited by MasterQZA: Sep 15 2011, 06:23 AM

+Quote Post

Sales Kital
post Dec 1 2011, 07:30 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

How does the script determine the coordinates in a map image? If my normal map is 1/4 scale would i need to divide the coordinates by 4 as well, or can I just put the image in with the normal coordinates?

--------------------
╔═╦╗╔╦═╦═╦╗╔╗Put This In
║═╣║║║╔╣╔╣╚╝║Your Signature If
║╔╣╚╝║║║║╚╗╔╝You Are Or
╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝♥╚╝Support Furrys

+Quote Post

duguayvx
post Mar 8 2012, 03:18 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

Seems i can't even start making a world map cause the 'Map Saver' script can't do its thing. Did a 300x300 map (9600x9600, Blank.png is 1.17 mb), did everything else as instructed, always get the same error ! Right after the %99 mark, when it's supposed to finish, i get this error :

Script 'Map Saver' line 224 : NoMemoryError Occured.
failed to allocate memory

What am i doing wrong ? Everybody else seems to be doing alright with this script. Am i that stupid or what !?

This post has been edited by duguayvx: Mar 8 2012, 03:28 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 06:42 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.