iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Catterpillar Script, Get members of your party to follow you!
Rating 4 V
Shadowownz11
post Jul 23 2008, 12:04 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Hi! I'm sorry, but I'm new to this kind of stuff, so I just put the script in the "Main" scripting area?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

scherzo
post Jul 23 2008, 12:46 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

QUOTE (Mr. Anonymous)
Every custom script will go above Main. You can name the script in the name box. The name has no relevance in how the script works. But it's generally good practice to name it something you remember.

If you have any further problems, try moving other scripts above or below the rest.

Also, the first post and/or topic title should be edited to show Diedrupo and Trickster's authorship.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mr. Anonymous
post Jul 24 2008, 03:06 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

Allow me clear up some confusion while this topic is still somewhat alive. This is not the caterpillar script found in the KGC demo. That script was created by Harts Horn in conjunction with KGC/Tomy.

And it shouldn't require any of the KGC scripts to run whatsoever. Though I believe that conclusion has already been drawn, I must clarify. Also, I'm going to edit the original post a bit to reflect the authorship, k?

+Quote Post

Talemascus
post Jul 25 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Type: Designer

Hi i recently registered yesterday and well i added your catterpillar script and i'm just wondering i have an event that makes a character sit at a table how would i go about getting my people in my line to stand at another chair instead of standing next to me? sorry if this is a noob question

This post has been edited by Talemascus: Aug 3 2008, 06:57 PM

+Quote Post

Iluviel
post Aug 3 2008, 06:23 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Neutral Good

the script works perfectly, THANK YOU!!!

+Quote Post

Velthayne
post Aug 3 2008, 09:14 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Type: Writer

QUOTE (Talemascus @ Jul 25 2008, 01:04 PM) *
Hi i recently registered yesterday and well i added your catterpillar script and i'm just wondering i have an event that makes a character sit at a table how would i go about getting my people in my line to stand at another chair instead of standing next to me? sorry if this is a noob question
I think I actually have something similar in my game with a "feast" scene. Not sure if this will work for your game or not, but I used events to get exactly what I wanted, as the party simply would not line up in the chairs properly. The bastards!

Basically I created a seperate event to represent each character in the party at the dinner table. To get to the scene, I made an event that faded out, transfered to the dining room, changed opacity of the actual party to make them invisible, then faded in and proceded with the scene (which in my game was a bunch of dialogue)

Works great if the fade in/out to and from the table fits your game. Otherwise I'm not sure how else you might get around that problem. Hope this helps.

+Quote Post

Hellblaze123
post Aug 3 2008, 09:24 PM
Post #27

Shadow Demon
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

hey, umm, i love this script, buy my characters are the ones from RPG Maker Xp, and they are kinda tall, and when i move up, my main characters feet are on the second ones head.........how do i change this

here is a pic of what im talking about:

--------------------

+Quote Post

Talemascus
post Aug 3 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

QUOTE (Velthayne @ Aug 3 2008, 06:10 PM) *
I think I actually have something similar in my game with a "feast" scene. Not sure if this will work for your game or not, but I used events to get exactly what I wanted, as the party simply would not line up in the chairs properly. The bastards!

Basically I created a seperate event to represent each character in the party at the dinner table. To get to the scene, I made an event that faded out, transfered to the dining room, changed opacity of the actual party to make them invisible, then faded in and proceded with the scene (which in my game was a bunch of dialogue)

Works great if the fade in/out to and from the table fits your game. Otherwise I'm not sure how else you might get around that problem. Hope this helps.

thanks i'll see what i can do

+Quote Post

schnapsey
post Aug 10 2008, 05:54 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

Just wanna say awesome script dude, im like a total n00b and that was a piece of ........ pie! laugh.gif thx alot biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Sneem
post Aug 19 2008, 05:46 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

Okay, well this script is ideal for me and seemingly works fine at the start of my game; but shortly into the story, after the conclusion of a regular event (which has no ties to another script or any unusual commands in it) the additional party members' sprites disappear (yet they remain in the party). The event consists mostly of 'text' and 'move route' commands, and ends with a 'switch' (whether this info is relevant, I don't know). As soon as control of the party is regained, the sprites (except for the original hero over whom the player has control) disappear.
I've read through the posts in this thread, and I don't believe any of them are related to my problem, but if one is I apologize in advance. If more information is needed, I'll be happy to post a copy of the script (though I haven't amended it) or the event(s).

+Quote Post

ziim
post Aug 19 2008, 08:45 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

It wont work for me :S

+Quote Post

Mr. Anonymous
post Aug 19 2008, 02:54 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

Perhaps the both of ya's ought to post a list of the other scripts you're using.
That's usually the place to start looking.

+Quote Post

Sneem
post Aug 20 2008, 04:06 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

The only other script I'm using is the "Steal Skill" script you posted here.
And if it matters I have the agility probability turned on.

*EDIT*

Got it to work, no worries. Thanks anyway though happy.gif.

This post has been edited by Sneem: Aug 24 2008, 05:47 AM

+Quote Post

ziim
post Aug 20 2008, 06:21 AM
Post #34

Group Icon

i use nomore scripts but it wont work.

+Quote Post

OriginalWij
post Aug 20 2008, 07:13 AM
Post #35

I script my own reality ...
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Great script, works perfect!

Question: Can you change the number of followers on the fly (while game running)?

Thanx in advance.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reseubian
post Aug 21 2008, 04:45 AM
Post #36

I won't ever reach my limit
Group Icon

QUOTE (originalwij @ Aug 20 2008, 02:09 AM) *
Great script, works perfect!

Question: Can you change the number of followers on the fly (while game running)?

Thanx in advance.

I would also like to know this, seeing as I only want ONE party member to follow me, not ALL of them, if i can change it on the FLY, thats even BETTER!

--------------------

+Quote Post

OriginalWij
post Aug 21 2008, 11:29 PM
Post #37

I script my own reality ...
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

@Reseubian

You can change how many people follow you by finding this line in the script:

CODE
MAX_SIZE = 4

and change the number to how many people you want to follow you.

Hope that helps, now if I can figure out how to change it while the game is running .......

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reseubian
post Aug 22 2008, 09:48 PM
Post #38

I won't ever reach my limit
Group Icon

QUOTE (originalwij @ Aug 21 2008, 05:47 PM) *
@Reseubian

You can change how many people follow you by finding this line in the script:

CODE
MAX_SIZE = 4

and change the number to how many people you want to follow you.

Hope that helps, now if I can figure out how to change it while the game is running .......

Awesome thanks alot! I'll try it out and see if it works, I'll edit this post to let you know!

EDIT: ok i found this >
* Constants
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAX_SIZE = 8
CATERPILLAR = 2

now im going to change the max size to 1 i guess, and see if it works, if not, ill change caterpiller to 1 also, lets hope it works

EDIT 2: I changed max size to 1, the whole party dissapears (from screen), so i changed it back to 8, thinking it changed the max people IN my party, so i changed caterpiller to 1, but, 2 people still follow me, anybody have a fix?

EDIT 3: Alright, I fixed it, I kept Caterpillar at 2 b/c i didnt want to mess with it, and changed the max to 2, you would think 2 makes 2 people follow you, but it doesnt, YOU the character count as 1, so max size 2 makes it YOU and 1 other person!

This post has been edited by Reseubian: Aug 22 2008, 09:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mugabuga
post Aug 24 2008, 01:53 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

Great script, gonna use it in my game that I'm making for school (ill give credit).

+Quote Post

A12345
post Aug 24 2008, 02:49 PM
Post #40

Fast and hardly to get!
Group Icon

even paste it in word and then in script editor it wont go in hundreds of lines ,it stays in 1 line! sad.gif

This post has been edited by A12345: Aug 24 2008, 02:51 PM

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 10:34 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.