iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Terra's Sprite Show!, Updated June 4th - fixed links - on Hiatus
Rating 4 V
Terra-chan
post Apr 19 2010, 02:28 AM
Post #1

~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

THANK YOUS (for resources used)
Antares - for making the original Prince Sprite.
Tatanya - for making the wonderful wedding dress.
PinedaVX - In general.
Kaduki - For the Hakama and Short Kimono inspiration
Vibrato - for Face Sets
(for resources collected)
Etolier - For some awesome animals I may use for enemy sprites
Between Truth and Fantasy
The RPGMaker VX Community Collection

Disclaimer
I'm not always the best at crediting because I gather a MASSIVE collection of sprites when I work on projects. I often do customized Frankensprites, but sometimes make things completely from scratch. I'm also going to limit my Sprite Posts here for a while until The Second Life Project Gets further along, as it is the reason for my spriting for VX. All of my VX sprites are related to this project. And While I am new to VX sprites, I'm no stranger to spriting. Sprite Show! was a one time pet project of mine. But I've forgotten my password there. happy.gif; My spriting is pretty scattered now lately until my VX stuff.

I originally didn't plan to post here since it's so big, but after notifying PINEDAVX about intent to utilize his work in the project, he wanted to see more of me and I figured this was the best way...

This is not a shop, but if you have a request you want done, post it in the Requests forum and post a link to i here. I'll consider taking it up for you.

Terms of Use
I don't require credit, especially for templates, but I would like to know what games use my work! So All I ask is that I get a link to the project when it's done so I can give it a try :3 I'll even pimp the games in my first post as a list of places my works have gone!

The Sprites!
Your lovely host:
Spoiler:
Initially I made his for myself with mention of a developers room in the Second Life Project. Then I saw Kalikya had the same dress and Kumi the same hairstyle. So I made the following instead.

Icons:
Spoiler:

4 Varieties of Drum Set, 4 Synthesizer Grids(scratch), 4 keyboards (scratch), Guqin (it's a chinese musical instrument use by the Bard in our game's party), Guitar, Vinyl Record, Gold Record,
Blood Tiara, Rat tail, Wolf Shoes, Violins (Thick bow, gold bow, shiny bow), Wild Flute, Glowing Flute, Bass Guitar (4string, 6string, 12string, double neck), 4 Conductor's Batons
3 Treble Staffs, Silver + Black Drums, Sheng (from scratch: Bamboo, Bamboo+Wood, Wood [I's another musical instrument]), and more colored Guqins

Icon Organization: DQ9 icons

Source for originals (Wooden Flute, Violin, Disc and other pieces): Whitecat

Full Sprites:
Spoiler:

MEATBUN! Also completely from scratch. No reference other than the manga.

Based on Tatanya's Wedding Dress (Yes there are males wearing these dresses.)

If you want to use the Wedding dress, go to Tatanya.

Zhuo Ling Bin in Casual wear. I like how his Windbreaker came out. Edited from Famitsu generator bases.

I did this little guy completely from scratch (Using a one sprite inspiration for the bag from a search.) I may end up doing another version... It's supposed to be a grass demon.

Legolas from Half Prince, based on the novel artist's work. I did he that and hair(bangs) from scratch <3

And the sprite Everyone will Care About.
Kenshin Himura. He's in the project too.

Requests Fulfilled:
Brandon727: Sprite Formatting Also a little tutorial guidline on things to know when formatting sprites.
DJPentarius: Facesets, Icons
dragonmark: Knights and Dwarf
fauxonym7: Community Character
Ookie Panda: Aleda
Peva: Sprite formatting
Sales_Kital: Embarrassed Diaper Templates
Spike92: FF3 Faces
TheSonic4: Deer Anthropomorphic
Wizard: Community Character Added Staff
I like to reorganize, so if links become broken, give me a heads up, I can fix if it's been removed from this post.

Templates!
These Templates are made in regards to Famitsu and RTP bases, and in the case of the Faces in particular, will require more than just some paper doll dressup.
Sprite Templates
Template Gallery

Faces Templates:
Spoiler:

Based on Vibrato's Facesets
Pieces

Heads

Tiles!
Mainly Recolors and simple edits and tile combinations.
Link

Compilation info:
Ultimate Map:
Credit to Avadan, RPGMakerDS, Myself, ???(Road Compilation 1), ???(World Map Road Tiles 1), ??? (
Ultimate Asian:
zanyzora, sithjester, zanmai, DKAINERU

Assistance in credit appreciated.

Support!
Want to support me and my projects? Want to join in and help out with them? Use these!
Spoiler:

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=29404"][img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/Terra-chan/Second%20Life/TerraSpriteShow.png[/img][/url]

This is for this very thread! Support my templates and general use releases!

CODE
[url="http://vocaloidvx.wikispaces.com/"][img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/Terra-chan/Second%20Life/Requests/VocaloidVXSupport.png[/img][/url]

For VocaloidVX, a team dedicated to making Vocaloid inspired and featured games based on the Vocaloid characters and/or the Vocaloid music. Also includes Vocaloid character sprites.

CODE
[url="http://s7.zetaboards.com/SecondLifeProject/index/"][img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/Terra-chan/Second%20Life/SLP2.png[/img][/url]

For Second Life Project, take two at making an RPG based on Novel/Manhua 1/2 Prince.

Donations!
I'm out of work, and near the end of my line, but I don't believe in charging for doing something I do for fun, and I don't want this to become "work" But if you would LIKE to support me financially, it'd be appreciated! So... If you want to help out and donate, please go here. I'm not really expecting anything from this, but if you'd like to prove me wrong...

This post has been edited by Terra-chan: Jun 5 2013, 02:14 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Retired-Pine
post Apr 19 2010, 03:30 AM
Post #2

Not a democracy
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Like I told you on PM. These are quite an asset. I honestly never saw them before and I truly think you're pretty good. And I do hope to see more of you around... Also I noticed how most spriters seem to be women >_>

--------------------

Spoiler:

Awards
Spoiler:

Games I support [under construction]
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Radscythe
post Apr 19 2010, 03:39 AM
Post #3

Waiting for life to pass him by.
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Neutral Good

Most, but not all xD

Yes these are amazing, I especially love the host tongue.gif

I also hope you stick around, and add to your sprite collection in this post, together hopefully all us spriters will make over 1000 custom vx style sprites, hey it could happen...

--------------------
The words that sprout of lies to our souls; if they bear fruit the lies disappear.

Games:
Spoiler:
My Stuff:

Award:
Spoiler:

I support:
Spoiler:

<<< Stare at this in awe.

+Quote Post

Terra-chan
post Apr 19 2010, 03:44 AM
Post #4

~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Group Icon

Ah but we already have that... over 1000 custom individual sprites. :3 That's EASY to do... Now I alone have made over 150 different VX styled characters (in different outfits and color combinations) and that's 1350+ sprites right there.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Radscythe
post Apr 19 2010, 03:46 AM
Post #5

Waiting for life to pass him by.
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Neutral Good

QUOTE (Terra-chan @ Apr 19 2010, 03:44 AM) *
Ah but we already have that... over 1000 custom individual sprites. :3 That's EASY to do... Now I alone have made over 150 different VX styled characters (in different outfits and color combinations) and that's 1350+ sprites right there.

Indeed you do have a point there, maybe I should add a couple more zeros then tongue.gif

Either way, hope you stick around biggrin.gif

--------------------
The words that sprout of lies to our souls; if they bear fruit the lies disappear.

Games:
Spoiler:
My Stuff:

Award:
Spoiler:

I support:
Spoiler:

<<< Stare at this in awe.

+Quote Post

mitchi.exe
post Apr 19 2010, 07:20 AM
Post #6

Welcome to RMVX.net, B*tch
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Yay, another RTP portrait maker!
Your templates are useful. smile.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

CoA Playable Character Spr completion: 7/13 (~54%)
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Terra-chan
post Apr 19 2010, 08:27 AM
Post #7

~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Group Icon

The portrait was mainly stress relief when I was working on a long and difficult frustrating Phoenix that just would not animate right... I made so many animations... and so many edits,even completely redoing the wings a couple times! I'm rather fond of making templates and actually made a template of the little girl emotions face set I found... but I haven't posted that anywhere.

This is the final product of that Phoenix

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yami
post Apr 19 2010, 07:20 PM
Post #8

Girl with an aura
Group Icon

WOW!
These look great.
*runs away with sprites*
MINE ALL MINE

--------------------

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Terra-chan
post Apr 19 2010, 09:52 PM
Post #9

~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Group Icon

I take it you're also someone that collects sprites (and other images) and goes "My Preciouusssss..."

--------------------

+Quote Post

qtpi0121
post Apr 19 2010, 10:50 PM
Post #10

Queen of Dinosaurs
Group Icon

Those are cool! smile.gif Good job! wink.gif *Stamps Approval*

--------------------

+Quote Post

Clucky
post Apr 20 2010, 09:33 PM
Post #11

Those who fight never win.
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Wow these are sweet! I especially love the manly girl and girly man, those are funny.

--------------------
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Terra-chan
post Apr 21 2010, 12:19 AM
Post #12

~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Group Icon

I'm done this request I took up.
Done as a request for Sales Kital
**Images Redacted - See First post**

This post has been edited by Terra-chan: May 1 2010, 04:16 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Andinatοr
post Apr 22 2010, 11:29 PM
Post #13

Laziest Artist NA
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Unaligned

Nice stuff. I hope you'll let me do some faceset based off of these sometime in the future (especially the foxes)...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Oaken
post Apr 22 2010, 11:34 PM
Post #14

Your logic is denied
Group Icon

Exellent job, you have earned my stamp of approval! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Dawningstar: Apr 22 2010, 11:34 PM

--------------------
I support:

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
Lol, I dont even know who this is! :P

+Quote Post

Terra-chan
post Apr 23 2010, 04:24 AM
Post #15

~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Group Icon

Considering that the foxes are really just a template and are meant to be customized to taste, knock yourself out. I don't really have to worry about facesets for our project because we have fan-artists drawing them up... Most of them are in school though so the going's slow on getting full sets. But my templates are just that and are made to be utilized. I just ask for a nod to any games they're used for so I can see what gets done with them happy.gif

Anyway,new update. Being the only spriter on a project is a lot of work. We collected Icons from Ying and WhiteCat, and silly me decided to organize ALL of the icons (They amount to 1500+) since we were squeezing them into Yings sheet to start with... But anyway I've made a few custom Icons in the mix of things and took a request for doing a few more on top:

4 Varieties of Drum Set, 4 Synthesizer Grids(scratch), 4 keyboards (scratch), Guqin (it's a chinese musical instrument use by the Bard in our game's party), Guitar, Vinyl Record, Gold Record,
Blood Tiara, Rat tail, Wolf Shoes, Violins (Thick bow, gold bow, shiny bow), Wild Flute, Glowing Flute, Bass Guitar (4string, 6string, 12string, double neck), 4 Conductor's Batons

Source for originals (Wooden Flute, Violin, Disc and other pieces): Whitecat

This post has been edited by Terra-chan: Apr 23 2010, 04:28 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Terra-chan
post Apr 25 2010, 06:46 PM
Post #16

~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Group Icon

UPDATE!

Some more specific requests from DJPentarius.
**Images Redacted - See First post**

I also added my terms of Use, and my take on requests. This isn't a shop, but that doesn't mean I don't do requests. I generally do them when I'm bored and am interested so just post a link to a request thread in my thread here and I'll take a look.

Also adding into my Template section the RTP Faces I've made bald...

This post has been edited by Terra-chan: May 1 2010, 04:16 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cyptus
post Apr 27 2010, 02:46 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Very Cool Thanks !

--------------------
Aerith,, <3

+Quote Post

Cyptus
post Apr 28 2010, 03:54 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Well, because u said i needed to give more to u,

Thanks for Posting them.. They are very nice made and i'm going to use them to!, Believe me u woud get Cred for it smile.gif
I Like how u made the Pantie tongue.gif..

Sorry for my Bad English.. Keep up the Good Work! smile.gif I Hope u come with more!

This post has been edited by Cyptus: Apr 28 2010, 04:50 PM

--------------------
Aerith,, <3

+Quote Post

Terra-chan
post Apr 28 2010, 04:48 PM
Post #19

~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Group Icon

Please don't double post in my thread. And I would appreciate if you said more than "Thanks". Once is forgivable. But not twice. I understand that English is not your first language but... I'd appreciate more than one sentence replies.

I don't mind bad English at all. I'm an experienced user of the internet and am used to all sorts of people. I have a good vocabulary myself, but seeing people reply to my work from different language origins makes me appreciate how far my work goes.

This post has been edited by Terra-chan: Apr 28 2010, 04:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Terra-chan
post May 1 2010, 04:20 PM
Post #20

~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Group Icon

UPDATE!

I did some file reorganization on my photobucket, and I completed all 8 of DJPentarius' Request faces. The last 4 - Slide, Ivory, Embouchure and Riff all have custom emotion sets but are still basically based on Vibrato's pieces.

I also updated my faces Template.

--------------------

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 10:21 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.