iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> 

This forum is for recruiting for games in development. Please do not post threads about games being made here.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recruiting for Suikoden 6(SuikoRoku working title), A direct sequel to suikoden 2 starring victor,flik, and george prime
Brandon727
post Dec 11 2011, 12:13 AM
Post #41

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: True Neutral

After a year of hiatus and significantly improving both my writing and storyboard skills, I've decided to open work on the sequel to this highly controversial game.

This game had a lot more potential than was realized because I found myself compromising everything I planned because I didn't have the scripts to supplement the scenes that were needed.

Honestly, I'd like to show the world how much better this game could be. Even when I first started this game, I always planned Episode II to be the powerful climax that would set the continuity with the entire Suikoden series. The story that I wrote for the second act was really superb and I want the chance to show it.

This post has been edited by Brandon727: Dec 11 2011, 12:14 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

mitchi.exe
post Dec 11 2011, 12:47 AM
Post #42

Welcome to RMVX.net, B*tch
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

I think the title '6' is still untouchable even if the Suikoden team was disbanded. If you don't mind, I would like to suggest other titles for it.

Also, do you have the resourc es now? What scripts are you planning to use?
I'd like to know the sypnosis again as well.

@off-t
Have you heard about the new Suikoden game for the PSP?

--------------------

Spoiler:

CoA Playable Character Spr completion: 7/13 (~54%)
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Brandon727
post Dec 11 2011, 01:10 AM
Post #43

Group Icon

Actually it's just called Suikoroku Gaiden. At first I decided to name it Suikoden 6 so as to possibly motivate Konami if my game became popular but then I decided to use the japanese word roku as a kind of play on words. Thus the name

SuikoRoku Gaiden Episode II

The story has a strong continuity with the Playstation game Suikoden I and II. It sets the scene for the start of Suikoden III and seeks to explain the story of the transition between these two ages.

The land has been at war for nearly a decade and it's ended abruptly as the two most powerful kings leave their country to start anew. This is seen in the final event of the Playstation 1 game Suikoden II.

In our game, it's been a month since the war ended and a group of soldiers(Viktor, Flik, and Georg) have headed to Kanakan, a famous drinking town referenced in every Suikoden game.

Meanwhile, the two kings set off on a journey to cross the ocean into Falena where no one knows of them. As they get closer, Windy(the villain of Suikoden I) warns them that she has collected a true rune from the castle treasury in their absence.(True Runes control the world in the Suikoden games) Knowing this, she manipulates the king into agreeing with any request and blackmails the power so as to keep the world in peace.

That explains the gist of the events in SuikoRoku Gaiden Episode I.

This post has been edited by Brandon727: Dec 11 2011, 02:58 AM

+Quote Post

mitchi.exe
post Dec 11 2011, 02:58 AM
Post #44

Welcome to RMVX.net, B*tch
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

I like the title SuikoRoku Gaiden. Fits in quite fine.
It's nice to see it's crossing Falena.

Hmm.. I guess I have to play Suikoden I! I don't know much about the setting.

What are the two scripts you need? Maybe I can be of help.

--------------------

Spoiler:

CoA Playable Character Spr completion: 7/13 (~54%)
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Brandon727
post Dec 11 2011, 03:52 AM
Post #45

Group Icon

This is a script for a weapon creation system. I want the battle system to be highly elemental based where you build certain weapons to take on different enemies. It's also a throwback to Suikoden's blacksmith roots.

http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showto...;hl=black+cloud

I also need a script for the text cutoff because I often found myself altering dialogue to fit the edge of the screen. That created more problems than you'd think and really limited what I could do with my writing.

Lastly, I need a tileset swap for about 10 backgrounds. A big problem with the first game was that I had to reuse the same 4 settings for an entire game.

Using these simple scripts,

-Much better battle system
-Much more freedom in how I could write this.
-More distinct settings that immerse the player in the mood

+Quote Post

Avvy
post Dec 11 2011, 04:33 AM
Post #46

Procrastinat-
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

Welcome back, Brandon!
I also need a script for the text cutoff because I often found myself altering dialogue to fit the edge of the screen. That created more problems than you'd think and really limited what I could do with my writing.

I think this is want you want:
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=49472
Credits to Sleigh.
Lastly, I need a tileset swap for about 10 backgrounds.

You could always use SwapXT.
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showto...8&hl=SwapXT
That, or parallax mapping, which I prefer. You can search some tutorials in the Tutorial section.

Good luck! wink.gif

Edit: "Sleigh"? Really, Je.t? Really? tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Avvy: Dec 11 2011, 04:34 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

donleon
post Dec 11 2011, 04:06 PM
Post #47

adorable kyon
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Lawful Good

nice plot and story smile.gif guess i need to learn a lot from you tongue.gif i also have plans to make a fan game but i guess yours might be good so i'll stick around in your project smile.gif it looks promising by the plot and places like Kanakan and Falena are mentioned then it's gonna be good probably smile.gif

well good luck with ya game tongue.gif i know you can finish it. smile.gif

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

My game:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Madurai2
post Dec 20 2011, 09:56 AM
Post #48

I'm that in the middle guy.
Group Icon

QUOTE (Brandon727 @ May 8 2010, 03:46 PM) *
You are underestimating me. I have a natural talent at writing. I get A's in anything that involves writing and i only spend 5-15 minutes on it in college.

I don't want to ruin my story. This game if finished is going to be one of the best rpg maker games in terms of longevity(it spans 10 years),continuity to a great story in suikoden 2, depth( the battle system is tough but rewarding.),and plot is my best attribute. At worst this game will be decent. at best it will be one of the better rpg maker games made. It's worth trying. It has all the potential. You don't know the project like I do. You don't even know me.

How much original content do you have again?
How much have you updated in the year off?

This post has been edited by Madurai2: Dec 20 2011, 09:57 AM

--------------------

Check out our two projects below!

[img][/img]

+Quote Post

Brandon727
post Dec 22 2011, 07:57 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5JK-mbhano...nel_video_title

This post has been edited by Brandon727: Feb 27 2012, 03:08 AM

+Quote Post

Brandon727
post Feb 27 2012, 03:09 AM
Post #50

Group Icon

The FIRST DEMO is out and it's getting more popular on facebook! Check out my facebook page!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuikoRoku-Ga...138283649544482

http://www.mediafire.com/?rtgrcr1ngb6ca3h

This post has been edited by Brandon727: Feb 28 2012, 08:43 PM

+Quote Post

Brandon727
post Mar 4 2012, 05:20 PM
Post #51

Group Icon

Check out this new demo. It's actually a much better game than you expected.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c36d962/n/Demo.exe

+Quote Post

Joerao
post Mar 5 2012, 11:54 PM
Post #52

Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Better than I expected? Yes- I can't say I was expecting you to actually release something.

Good? No, not really. You had 2-4 boring cutscenes with awful grammar, terrible mapping, clunky writing...the list goes on. You say you're a writer, but the writing was definitely not very good. Please stop complaining about how people aren't willing to help you if you're unwilling to take the time to look at some of the other amazing projects here and learn from them.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Brandon727
post Mar 7 2012, 02:16 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

lol The writing wasn't good is so subjective... Furthermore, you have no idea what the story is about so of course you wouldn't get it.

If I had you walk in on the middle of a movie, it would seem boring no matter how good it was. Your criticisms are weak because you didn't even show me an example.

The writing is good and all my fans of Facebook would agree. The story is very strong if you actually know what the games are about. It's a bit complicated but it has to be because it continues a complex political tale. Plus it's only the beginning and the entire demo was foreshadowing to the events that happen in the actual game. A slow build is so much more rewarding when you get to the pay off. I'll take criticism but you have no idea how to critically analyze writing.

Edit: also, it was a DEMO... A demo from very early in the development process.

This post has been edited by Brandon727: Mar 7 2012, 03:53 PM

+Quote Post

Avvy
post Mar 7 2012, 04:05 PM
Post #54

Procrastinat-
Group Icon

This game if finished is going to be one of the best rpg maker games in terms of longevity(it spans 10 years),continuity to a great story in suikoden 2, depth( the battle system is tough but rewarding.),and plot is my best attribute. At worst this game will be decent. at best it will be one of the better rpg maker games made.

That's a pretty bold statement there. From the screens, it doesn't look very appealing,
the mapping is very bland, and the story isn't too interesting. However, I'll still give it a try
once I get home later.

Also, don't start getting angry at critiscm. Let it guide you to help make a better game.
Ignoring it and acting as your game (fangame, no less) it's "HURR TEH BESTEST GAEM EVIR MADE!!11".
That attitude will get you nowhere.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Joerao
post Mar 8 2012, 12:28 AM
Post #55

Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Neutral Evil

QUOTE (Brandon727 @ Mar 7 2012, 09:16 AM) *
lol The writing wasn't good is so subjective... Furthermore, you have no idea what the story is about so of course you wouldn't get it.

If I had you walk in on the middle of a movie, it would seem boring no matter how good it was. Your criticisms are weak because you didn't even show me an example.

The writing is good and all my fans of Facebook would agree. The story is very strong if you actually know what the games are about. It's a bit complicated but it has to be because it continues a complex political tale. Plus it's only the beginning and the entire demo was foreshadowing to the events that happen in the actual game. A slow build is so much more rewarding when you get to the pay off. I'll take criticism but you have no idea how to critically analyze writing.

Edit: also, it was a DEMO... A demo from very early in the development process.

You need to tone down the arrogance. Perhaps you think you're a good writer, but trust me--you're not. You come in with all these grandiose claims of being God's gift to Suikoden, you give us a badly written demo, and then you say it's our fault for not being able to understand it.

If this is the beginning, how am I walking "walking in on the middle of a movie"? I've played all the Suikoden games and I loved them, but my problem with the writing here is not about being lost- it's about the writing just being really, really clunky.

No idea how to critically analyze writing? I took a Shakesperean lit class in college, buddy. Until you take Shakesperean Literature, you have no idea what critical analysis is.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Avvy
post Mar 11 2012, 06:57 PM
Post #56

Procrastinat-
Group Icon

I finished playing the demo (a few maps and a battle = demo material apparently), and I've gotta say,
this is FAR from "the best RPG Maker game".

First off, I had no clue what was going on. I only played the first Suikoden, but I didn't really enjoy it.
You might want to give a bit of a recap of what happened in the previous games. The main story
was also boring as all hell, and near the end of it, I just kept pressing 'enter' so I could get to some more gameplay.
(For which there was no more.)

The dialogue itself had numerous grammatical and punctuation errors, which is odd from somebody
who claims to be an expert writer.

The first (and only) battle was somewhat tedious. When I first played it, I didn't know what was going
on since you kept all the Japanese text. (There ARE Vocab and database translations, all you have to do is copy and paste)
I ended up getting a game over. The second time I tried it, I just spammed "Rainstorm" about five-six times, and that did it.
The battlers were hidden behind the battle screen, which isn't exactly good.
The screen tint in a few scenes were also way too dark, and I couldn't see the characters on the map as well.

I have a few nitpicks, too. I could barely see the title screen text behind the main title picture.
And the battle music is way too upbeat and cheerful compared to the scene that came before it.
All in all, I have to say this is not a good game in any way. The story was boring and battling was not very fun.

Now don't let this get you down. Don't start raging over it. Instead, take it in and try to improve the game
with it. Don't get your expectations super high and believe this is (once again) TEH BESTEST RPG MAEKER GAEM EVIR MAED!!1one
'Cause you know what? It's not. It really is not.

I think one of your own screens can summarize what I'm saying.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 01:09 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.