Inventory Limit (INVL) v1.0
This script puts a limit on how many items/equips you can hold at once. It introduces a few new mechanics, including a 'drop' option in the items menu, a gauge showing the current total size of your items and your maximum space, and an easily accessible storage system for storing extra items.Features
- Each item, weapon, and armor is given a size value by adding an <item space x> tag into its notebox. If no tag is present, the item is considered to have a size of 1.
- By editing simple variables in the script, you can set your initial inventory space, as well as its maximum possible space.
- Add to your inventory space by writing <add space x> tags in the notebox of any item, weapon, or armor. Possessing that item will then add to your total space.
- Further customize your space additions by adding <equip for space> or <unequip for space>. This will enable that object's space only when it is equipped or not equipped.
- Running out of room in your bag? No problem. Just call a simple line of script from any event to open the storage screen, where you can store any number of extra items or withdraw something you previously stored.
- If at any time you get more items than you can hold, you will be shown a mandatory use/drop screen, where you must either use or drop items to make more room.
- Run a script conditional in your treasure chest events to check whether or not you can hold the contents or not. That way, you can leave the contents there until you're ready for them.
- You will be unable to buy more items than you can hold, sell items that give you space you're currently using, or change equipment that would put your total size over your total space.
- A few handy tags prevent some possible sticky situations: <no sell>, <no drop>, and <no store>.How to Use
Simply paste this script into its own page in the Materials section of your scripts. Nothing more is required, but I highly reccomend changing the initial inventory size to your liking and creating a few backpack-type items to give you more space!Script
Check the attached .txt file.
( 46.46K )
Number of downloads: 686Credits/Usage
Written by Fridgecrisis. I used KGC's Item Categories script to figure out how to create these new windows, so big thanks to him. Please give me credit if you use this in your projects. Thank you! Leave a comment with any suggestions, comments, or errors you might encounter.
This post has been edited by Fridgecrisis: May 6 2010, 09:34 PM