iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fridgecrisis' Inventory Limit (INVL), Version 1.0
Rating 4 V
Fridgecrisis
post May 2 2010, 11:59 PM
Post #1

We're out of milk?!
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Lawful Good

Inventory Limit (INVL) v1.0
by Fridgecrisis

This script puts a limit on how many items/equips you can hold at once. It introduces a few new mechanics, including a 'drop' option in the items menu, a gauge showing the current total size of your items and your maximum space, and an easily accessible storage system for storing extra items.

Features
- Each item, weapon, and armor is given a size value by adding an <item space x> tag into its notebox. If no tag is present, the item is considered to have a size of 1.
- By editing simple variables in the script, you can set your initial inventory space, as well as its maximum possible space.
- Add to your inventory space by writing <add space x> tags in the notebox of any item, weapon, or armor. Possessing that item will then add to your total space.
- Further customize your space additions by adding <equip for space> or <unequip for space>. This will enable that object's space only when it is equipped or not equipped.
- Running out of room in your bag? No problem. Just call a simple line of script from any event to open the storage screen, where you can store any number of extra items or withdraw something you previously stored.
- If at any time you get more items than you can hold, you will be shown a mandatory use/drop screen, where you must either use or drop items to make more room.
- Run a script conditional in your treasure chest events to check whether or not you can hold the contents or not. That way, you can leave the contents there until you're ready for them.
- You will be unable to buy more items than you can hold, sell items that give you space you're currently using, or change equipment that would put your total size over your total space.
- A few handy tags prevent some possible sticky situations: <no sell>, <no drop>, and <no store>.

How to Use
Simply paste this script into its own page in the Materials section of your scripts. Nothing more is required, but I highly reccomend changing the initial inventory size to your liking and creating a few backpack-type items to give you more space!

Script
Check the attached .txt file.
Attached File  FC_Inventory_Limit__INVL__v1.0.txt ( 46.46K ) Number of downloads: 721

Credits/Usage
Written by Fridgecrisis. I used KGC's Item Categories script to figure out how to create these new windows, so big thanks to him. Please give me credit if you use this in your projects. Thank you! Leave a comment with any suggestions, comments, or errors you might encounter.

This post has been edited by Fridgecrisis: May 6 2010, 09:34 PM

--------------------
My project:

Spoiler:
[||||||||--] Story/Characters
[||--------] Sprites/Tiles
[||--------] Other Graphics
[||--------] Music/Sound
[||--------] Maps/Events
[|||||-----] Database
[|||-------] Scripting
[||--------] Overall

My Scripts:
I support:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post May 3 2010, 12:13 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

You can paste your code into a .txt file and upload it as a post attachment.

Please update your post soon after you read this. Thanks. smile.gif

--------------------
I no longer support Tankentai.

+Quote Post

Riokogen
post May 3 2010, 12:25 AM
Post #3

継続は力なり。
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

I found a bug: I'm using KGC categorize Item and when you are on a category let's say items, then select use, it gets rid
of the window completely that shows the categories i.e equip, all, etc. However, when you re enter the item screen it appears again.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jet
post May 3 2010, 01:57 AM
Post #4

He Who Jets
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

I'm liking what i'm seeing here.
The issue is, spoiler tags have a character limit to how much they'll hold, that why it won't work. Your script is too big for it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fridgecrisis
post May 6 2010, 09:26 PM
Post #5

We're out of milk?!
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

Oh, I see. Alright, I'll try uploading it as an attachment. Thanks.

--EDIT:

Working. Ahh, much nicer. Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with the Full Editor for these posts, at least in Firefox. It won't let me select anywhere in my text, or copy from it. I can paste to it, and that's about all. Happens on more than one computer I've used.

Anyway.

About the bug with KGC Categorize Item. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I figured it probably wouldn't work, since I think we both overwrite Scene_Item. I might try to fix it, but I have some other scripts I'd like to work on first... See, I use that KGC script too, currently, but only as a way to organize my huge item list. Now that I have a way to make the item list small (by adding a limited inventory), I have no need to categorize my items. Personally. But if you still want to use both... I'll see if there's a way I can make that happen. Thank you.

This post has been edited by Fridgecrisis: May 6 2010, 09:39 PM

--------------------
My project:

Spoiler:
[||||||||--] Story/Characters
[||--------] Sprites/Tiles
[||--------] Other Graphics
[||--------] Music/Sound
[||--------] Maps/Events
[|||||-----] Database
[|||-------] Scripting
[||--------] Overall

My Scripts:
I support:

+Quote Post

Zim
post May 6 2010, 10:27 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Type: Writer

Ooops, I don't know how to delete a message.
However, I'm trying this script, thanks!

This post has been edited by Zim: May 6 2010, 10:31 PM

+Quote Post

Mikee
post Jul 29 2010, 08:30 AM
Post #7

Without darkness, no one would appreciate the light.
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

This is an awesome script. I can't wait to put it in action! Great work!

+Quote Post

Dgbleachzorz
post Jul 29 2010, 09:52 PM
Post #8

The noob that likes to irritate pros :D
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Wow, this script is GREAT. I'm totally using it, and credit you in the process. Thanks!!

--------------------
Forgetting people you know is as hard as knowing people you forgot.

I totally support:
Spoiler:

My current project: (THANKS TO JAEROLL FOR PIC)
Spoiler:

It's just at 5-6% right now, even though I got two weeks going on it already XD I was hoping for a 10%, but nevermind!

+Quote Post

Lyson
post Aug 31 2010, 08:38 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

So i realize this is probably considered necro-posting or something but I could think of no other way to ask that seemed appropriate.

I'm looking to find a way to make this compatible with KGC_CategorizeItem in that the limit is per each category. A backpack type of set up.

Also looking to find a way to make it compatible with an equipment scene extension and slot extension such as KGC_ExtendedEquipScene and KGC_EquipExtentsion respectively.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, and I'm not afraid to do any of the work myself, I just have no scripting experience.

+Quote Post

SwordSkill
post Jan 10 2011, 09:23 PM
Post #10

Failed to Load Data
Group Icon

Type: Writer

I found a major bug relating to a RPG VX's built in function.

If you have too much money and are going to buy something from a store, The game lags too much. If you have TOO MUCH money though (100k+) the game freezes, and the only thing that can be heard is just the music playing in the background.

The issue occurs when pressing on an item in a store to buy it...

EDIT: Sorry, I found many bugs on this script mainly according to epuiping items, Adding characters with Equipments in. Like the windows is saying 16/10 and I can close it anytime due to the script's inability to see that I've got past the limit.

If you are still here, or want to fix this bug pm me cause I got bored or explaining the situation deeply and nobody even cares or the scripter has abandoned the project...

EDIT: For those who want the Item menu to pop up after the battle if the inventory limit has been surpassed I made a tiny script that allows this function:

CODE
class Scene_Battle < Scene_Base
  def battle_end(result)
    if result == 2 and not $game_troop.can_lose
      call_gameover
    else
      $game_party.clear_actions
      $game_party.remove_states_battle
      $game_troop.clear
      if $game_temp.battle_proc != nil
        $game_temp.battle_proc.call(result)
        $game_temp.battle_proc = nil
      end
      unless $BTEST
        $game_temp.map_bgm.play
        $game_temp.map_bgs.play
      end
      $scene = Scene_Map.new
      @message_window.clear
      Graphics.fadeout(30)
    #This will check the inventory limit and it will pop up the item menu.
     $scene = Scene_Item.new if $game_party.force_drop?
    #End of customisation
    end
    $game_temp.in_battle = false
  end
end

This post has been edited by SwordSkill: Jan 11 2011, 02:46 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Philacus
post Jul 28 2011, 09:04 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Took me a while, but I got a redone system set up from the fridgecrisis inventory limiter, tied to my crafting script and quite a few other scripts. The crafting system takes directly from the box, or from the inventory depending which one you call.

Inventory Limiter - Fridge/Phil traits:
Caps inventory with a certain amount of items(fridge)
Caps singular items in inventory to a number listed in the item note box without a limit(phil)
Bank includes a Withdraw/Deposit number selectable amount(phil)
Withdraw/Deposit Single(fridge)
Withdraw/Deposit all(Phil)
Left and Right to travel between withdraw/deposit screens(Phil)
Built in limiter for shops(fridge)
Shops can buy DIRECTLY to, or sell FROM storage(Phil)
Drop number selectable amount and all amount(Phil)
Drop one(Fridge)

I could go on. Needless to say, it's one of a kind. This script gave me hell, but I managed to beat it into submission. This thing was fun to work with though, and I'm glad it was released. It was a great learning tool.

I'll have to release it with the proper updated notes some other time, including my crafting script tied to it. It is a complicated mess of changes and compatibility issues at the moment, but I'll have to get them worked out another time.

This post has been edited by Philacus: Jul 28 2011, 09:06 AM

--------------------
Buffet Bushi: I gain power with the belly slaps! *slaps belly*
Everyone else: ... Something is wrong with this guy.

+Quote Post

ShinGamix
post Jul 28 2011, 11:47 AM
Post #12

...now loading...
Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

Release it later..ahhh
I hope it isn't too long.

--------------------
The Maker of Battle Dungeons!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 05:32 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.