iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Rated-M RPG Maker game?
Fireseal
post May 19 2010, 05:07 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

I've never really seen a real, serious rated-M RPG Maker-made game before. I do recall playing a comedy game that was made on RM2K, I can't remember the name of it though. It was exceptionally made with many details put into the game. There was a scene where the 'king' in that game died of an ass infection from being sexually abused by a minotaur(and there were sprites and events that were shown an old man being done up the ass by the minotaur @_@), and a really hot anime girl that your character wanted to save just ended up having her head cut off with some blood gushing out just as you were going to save her from harm. The game also had a 4-needs system; One was for hunger. One was for sexual needs where you would mostly go to your loft and ask your maid to give you a back massage, HJ/BJ or full blown sex to fill the meter, the sex scenes weren't shown simply had the screen blackened and there would be noises and moans. Not sure what the other two meters were for..

Overall the game was really funny to play, and had many retro referrences to old games as well as the characters and the storyline were self-aware that they were in a game. But it clearly had many content that would've made the game rated-M.

What would you guys think about a serious adult rated RPG Maker-made game? I'm asking this because in my story there's already such content. One of my characters just happens to be very sexist against women and racist because of his upbring, another character witnesses a rape. I have a plan to imput drug abuse/dependency and for characters to perhaps perish or be crippled. I'll probably censor or maybe even obscure various parts of events, such as the one of rape. I'd just like to write a guideline for a JRPG and not have the story all sugar-coated and 'everything's going to be all right' kind of deal.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

MISTER BIG T
post May 19 2010, 05:14 PM
Post #2

King of Sadism
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

QUOTE (Fireseal @ May 19 2010, 08:07 PM) *
I've never really seen a real, serious rated-M RPG Maker-made game before.

You seem to have never seen a game made by me.

http://www.vgfuture.com/host/givemebeer/dooms2.html

http://www.vgfuture.com/host/givemebeer/dooms3.html

http://www.vgfuture.com/host/givemebeer/dooms4.html

You also speak of Destiny's Call Complete chapter 1, when you speak of the comedy game. Try and find the demo which had real life portraits, it's superior to that version you've played, it also lasts much longer. The other two meters were for shitting and sleeping.

Don't censor anything. if you're going to have a rape scene where soldiers abuse the hero's wife and daughter, have it and don't feel bad about people being offended by pixel sex. You still won't be as macabre as truly M rated RPGs, like Ill natured or R rated as Dooms. Trust me on this, you'll never be offensive next to games like those. I forgot the name of the game of the rpg maker game but it began with a detailed group rape and lynching of this female. There's also few guro rpgmaker games too, where the heroine gets mutilated when she loses. (I suppose, Dooms 4 goes into Guro category too...)

The only reason for you to censor something is if it'd make more sense in the sense of context. For example; Angelissa gets raped in my game Angelissa's Quest. The reason it is not really shown is because she's the narator and doesn't really want to say what was done, it's simply implied. As in, I don't think the character who witnessed the rape would tell of it in detail, if he was truly shocked from the sight.

This post has been edited by MISTER BIG T: May 19 2010, 05:51 PM

--------------------

Clenched emotions
'Round my ween
Feel my heart beat
Off and your head in

I feel strongly about violence

Love is a fist

Guy: Who's the big girl?
Me: That's not girl! That's me!

Avatar edited by Master of None, colored by me

+Quote Post

kabuto202
post May 19 2010, 05:23 PM
Post #3

RAGNYAAA!!! *STAB STAB STAB*
Group Icon

Type: Designer

Sex isn't the prime reason for games being rated R. It's the prime reason for them being rated A.

--------------------
A Lesson in Scope

The guy who doesn't care if he's the bearer of bad news.

"If you're gonna do something, do it right." -My father.

Freelance Web designer for hire.

Doing low rate web design, contact me if you're interested. Costs that are not included in my rate are: Hosting, Domain, and advertising.

Doing low rate logo designs, contact me for information.

Prices of rates go down based on how many USEFUL premade graphics you provide me with.

+Quote Post

Terra-chan
post May 19 2010, 05:25 PM
Post #4

~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Group Icon

Type: Spriter

The main issue is being able to do the pixel art properly for all the things like blood-spattering. And if you want to depict a character stoned or drunk... well I wonder if someone could make a script that forces a particular jerky rate of movement and it would have to be combined with a suitable inebriated movement animation. (I'm good with imagining what would need to be accomplished, bu execution is what matters.)

I'd have no problem with it, and pixel sex is more funny than anything,though they did censor Leisure Suit Larry 1 (8bit sex)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kav
post May 19 2010, 05:33 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

The game you're thinking of is Destiny's Call Complete. That game was absolutely terrible. The RPG Makers aren't meant for M-rated games (except H-games I guess?). Having adult content in a game will generally alienate your audience and ruin your credibility as a game designer, unless it happens to fit in well (which usually it doesn't). If you have a lot of elements like this in your game, don't expect to be taken seriously in the future.

--------------------

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MISTER BIG T
post May 19 2010, 05:36 PM
Post #6

King of Sadism
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kav @ May 19 2010, 08:33 PM) *
The game you're thinking of is Destiny's Call Complete. That game was absolutely terrible. The RPG Makers aren't meant for M-rated games (except H-games I guess?). Having adult content in a game will generally alienate your audience and ruin your credibility as a game designer, unless it happens to fit in well (which usually it doesn't). If you have a lot of elements like this in your game, don't expect to be taken seriously in the future.

It wasn't ever meant to be serious... And the demo is far superior to the "complete" version, as I mentioned. tongue.gif

How does having adul content in adult RPG alienate anyone, expect idiots? Do you throw hissy fit at Dragon Age because you could have sex in it? This is about as dumb of a claim as saying that writing erotic novels will alienate you away from romantic novel readers. Just because this particular game that is adult rpg does not apply to little Timmy, the next game with magic and swords and stuff probably will. For a person who doesn't take things too seriously, there's stuff like a game where you can aquire new skills by having sex with girl who look like George Clooney.

Just because you can make your young subtle best friend moon and shake her ass at your sleeping father in Ill Natured 2, doesn't make it any less awesome than it is. (Read; best rpg ever made)

This post has been edited by MISTER BIG T: May 19 2010, 05:53 PM

--------------------

Clenched emotions
'Round my ween
Feel my heart beat
Off and your head in

Love is a fist

+Quote Post

Leridan
post May 19 2010, 06:06 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

QUOTE (Kav @ May 19 2010, 02:33 PM) *
Having adult content in a game will generally alienate your audience and ruin your credibility as a game designer, unless it happens to fit in well (which usually it doesn't). If you have a lot of elements like this in your game, don't expect to be taken seriously in the future.

Agreed.

@Fireseal: If you're going to make a game like this, make sure to give it the proper rating, and list the reasons why it is given this rating so people will know before they download it (i.e. animated nudity, excessive violence, etc.). You should also make it very clear that these things are WRONG (such as rape), even though it's in your game. dry.gif

I don't feel like these situations should be seen as a form of entertainment (video games in this case), but I already know I'm in the minority vote for this topic. There are other ways to be shocking without being disgusting.

This post has been edited by Leridan: May 19 2010, 06:06 PM

--------------------

I support:

+Quote Post

MISTER BIG T
post May 19 2010, 06:19 PM
Post #8

King of Sadism
Group Icon

QUOTE (Leridan @ May 19 2010, 09:06 PM) *
You should also make it very clear that these things are WRONG (such as rape), even though it's in your game. dry.gif

Wouldn't they know it was wrong without having to have the message shoved down their throats?

--------------------

Clenched emotions
'Round my ween
Feel my heart beat
Off and your head in

Love is a fist

+Quote Post

Leridan
post May 19 2010, 06:24 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (MISTER BIG T @ May 19 2010, 03:19 PM) *
Wouldn't they know it was wrong without having to have the message shoved down their throats?

Not necessarily, no. Are you completely unaware of the subliminal affects media can have on people? Hell, it's the foundation of any advertisement.

This post has been edited by Leridan: May 19 2010, 06:27 PM

--------------------

I support:

+Quote Post

MISTER BIG T
post May 19 2010, 06:31 PM
Post #10

King of Sadism
Group Icon

QUOTE (Leridan @ May 19 2010, 09:24 PM) *
Not necessarily, no. Are you completely unaware of the subliminal affects media can have on people? Hell, it's the foundation of any advertisement.

If a person sees a person raped in a rpgmaker game and decides to rape because of that, they were clearly messed up way before hand. Same with anyone who claims they kill because of a game or movie, that's total bullshit. I played billions of games and seen movies where people get pulverized in lawnmowers, but I don't go around on streets wagging one.

You believe in lies of media that it is not the person's responsibility as person. It's shifting the responsibility away, even though no one is to blame but the person who did the act. Games do not make violent people, violent uprising makes for violent people.

If your logic would have even the slightest hint of a truth in it; I must have caused deaths of billions of people and thousands of rapes because I never made any statements.

This post has been edited by MISTER BIG T: May 19 2010, 06:42 PM

--------------------

Clenched emotions
'Round my ween
Feel my heart beat
Off and your head in

Love is a fist

+Quote Post

Leridan
post May 19 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (MISTER BIG T @ May 19 2010, 03:31 PM) *
If a person sees a person raped in a rpgmaker game and decides to rape because of that, they were clearly messed up way before hand. Same with anyone who claims they kill because of a game or movie, that's total bullshit. I played billions of games and seen movies where people get pulverized in lawnmowers, but I don't go around on streets wagging one.

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. I agree that anyone recreating a violent scene they saw in a movie or a game is already beyond help. That's not my argument.

I'm saying that it desensitizes people. You may disagree with my opinion, you're more than welcome to, but I see the evidence all around us. Twenty years ago, movies and television weren't nearly as explicit as they are now. It's gotten to this point because more and more people are doing it, so new TV shows and new movies have to find a way to push the envelope. I give it another 20 years before complete nudity is permitted on public television. It's all because so few people are willing to draw the line somewhere. It should have been drawn a long time ago, but that's for another topic.

All I'm saying is, if this kind of content is depicted in a video game, which is meant to be entertainment, it should be obvious that the characters within the story see it as a bad thing, and are not laughing it off or jeopardizing a very real problem.

--------------------

I support:

+Quote Post

MISTER BIG T
post May 19 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #12

King of Sadism
Group Icon

QUOTE (Leridan @ May 19 2010, 09:39 PM) *
All I'm saying is, if this kind of content is depicted in a video game, which is meant to be entertainment, it should be obvious that the characters within the story see it as a bad thing, and are not laughing it off or jeopardizing a very real problem.

That is not at all what you said or at least came off as... And in the end that was basically what I said two posts ago. huh.gif

All you said is "Rape is bad and tell that you think so too"

This post has been edited by MISTER BIG T: May 19 2010, 06:54 PM

--------------------

Clenched emotions
'Round my ween
Feel my heart beat
Off and your head in

Love is a fist

+Quote Post

Leridan
post May 19 2010, 07:29 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (MISTER BIG T @ May 19 2010, 03:53 PM) *
All you said is "Rape is bad and tell that you think so too"

I never said anyone should wave a big banner in the game saying it's wrong. You interpreted that too literally. Maybe I should have clarified how it should be addressed, but I didn't feel it was pertinent to the issue. There a multiple ways of expressing that without having a text box that says, "Rape is bad, just so we're clear," not that I suggested that method anyhow.

To clarify, my whole point was to state that there are other ways to be shocking; you don't need rape and gratuitous violence. If you feel like the story really needs that, it should be minimal, and should not be thrown into a story for shock value just for the sake of standing out.

--------------------

I support:

+Quote Post

Celianna
post May 19 2010, 07:29 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

QUOTE (Leridan @ May 19 2010, 09:39 PM) *

But it's fun having characters who do find enjoyment in such things! I love having real wicked characters who think these kind of things are fun.

+Quote Post

Leridan
post May 19 2010, 07:36 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (Celianna @ May 19 2010, 04:29 PM) *
But it's fun having characters who do find enjoyment in such things! I love having real wicked characters who think these kind of things are fun.

That is true. I admit that I do like villains that kill people simply for the fun of doing it.

That being said, those characters are supposed to be crazy and twisted, and it's always obvious. tongue.gif

--------------------

I support:

+Quote Post

Celianna
post May 19 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

QUOTE (Leridan @ May 19 2010, 10:36 PM) *
That is true. I admit that I do like villains that kill people simply for the fun of doing it.

That being said, those characters are supposed to be crazy and twisted, and it's always obvious. tongue.gif

But when it's not so obvious, that makes it even more fun because it shows a more 'realistic' development and gives me chills of how truly evil they can be. I just like complex characters smile.gif

+Quote Post

Leridan
post May 19 2010, 07:45 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (Celianna @ May 19 2010, 04:41 PM) *
But when it's not so obvious, that makes it even more fun because it shows a more 'realistic' development and gives me chills of how truly evil they can be. I just like complex characters smile.gif

lol, I meant obvious by the end of the story, but I see your point and I agree.

--------------------

I support:

+Quote Post

Dark-Sephiroth
post May 19 2010, 10:11 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Have to agree with Leridan on this one.
Personally I think there's something a little wrong with people who can watch sick, twisted gore/rape filled games or movies and actually enjoy it, but that's just my opinion. Either way, filling a game with such content just for the sake of it is completely unnecessary and shows poor taste on the part of the developer.

QUOTE (Celianna @ May 19 2010, 08:29 PM) *

This I do agree with. If done right, a villian with a "twisted" personality can really enhance the game or movie. Good example being the joker from the last batman. Nothing wrong with "adult" themes as long as it's relevant to the plot and serves a purpose.

+Quote Post

Mr.M
post May 19 2010, 10:32 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

There's a lot of odd people using RPGMakers.

This post has been edited by Mr.M: May 19 2010, 10:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

some_person
post May 19 2010, 10:34 PM
Post #20

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Evil

QUOTE (Dark-Sephiroth @ May 19 2010, 05:11 PM) *
Have to agree with Leridan on this one.
Personally I think there's something a little wrong with people who can watch sick, twisted gore/rape filled games or movies and actually enjoy it, but that's just my opinion. Either way, filling a game with such content just for the sake of it is completely unnecessary and shows poor taste on the part of the developer.

But it's ok to blast hundreds of heads off in First Person Shooters? Rape isn't as bad as murder. I'd say a game that's fun because of it's gameplay(regardless of being violent or being explict) is ok. If you play a game about raping people because it's about raping people, is immoral in similar lines as it would be to play an FPS as a murder simulator.

Rape in a story, I'd find to be ok. Showing the rape, depends. Rape because 'rape is cool and can only legally be done in a video game', that's where it becomes twisted.

it's kinda like explicit art, which you have to keep in mind that RPG making is a form of art, not too many people mind a little nudity in an artful masterpiece. But something that's more porn than art will have more opposers. And rape, along with murder and a lot of other thing, is more immoral than porn, by most peoples standards.

so basically, "OMG get off at this, rape is hawt"(or "watch how much I can tear this guy apart and make him suffer before I kill him!") is bad. But not trying to hide it, though acknowledging it's badness is different. Still though, visual rape isn't something to be light about. Don't put in in anything unless you know what you're doing.

That's my perspective at least. There's enough with different thoughts though, and you need to keep in mind to appease all of whoever would be playing your game.

This post has been edited by some_person: May 19 2010, 10:36 PM

--------------------
meh...
my scripts..
my first 'battle system'
///////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 07:34 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.