iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Conspiracy - Conspiración, Interactive novel/ Mystery/ Survival
Argami
post May 28 2010, 07:35 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Note:

¡Hola a todos! (Hi to all!)

I decide to start my project entitled "Conspiracy" or "Conspiración" in Spanish. It aims to be a game of interactive novel, mystery or even survival (the latter is still not sure), like Hotel Dusk or Another Code. So I thought that the best way to create the game is using the Parallax Mapping technique to give a more personal touch to the game.

Also I intend to make the game in English and Spanish (although is much work, I will try to doing so). Anyway I will start by the Spanish and once I will have some demo I will translate the texts into English.

Then you tell the story and other.

Goodbye.

Spoiler:
Emily, a girl of 13, lives in an orphanage since he was only 2 years old.

That's when Emily received a letter from his mother, who believed her dead, she said that is in trouble and he needs her help. Emily after thinking if she will should help her, the mother that one day abandoned her, decides that it must do-what, and escapes from the orphanage to go to Cliffs Island, where his mother is waiting for her.

Soon, and after some strange events, Emily will be trapped on the island. There nobody knows about her mother, and the worst is that Emily will be involved in a misteriosus murder.

So Emily embarks on a dangerous adventure to find his mother and solve the dark secrets that hide the inhabitants of the island. She will discover that all is not as simple as it seems, and those who can seem your best friends are her worst nightmare.

Spoiler:

Emily Willes

Personality: Quiet, sad, scary

Story:

She is the game's protagonist, after being abandoned at 2 years old, she embarks on the search for his mother in Island Cliffs.

Vera Willes

Personality: ?? ??

Story:

She is the mother of Emily, during the last years in recent years all the people gave up for dead, until Emily receives a letter in your name.

Harry Roberts

Personality: Sincere, loyal, alone, brave

Story:

He's a young inhabitant of the island, and helps Emily during her adventure. He hates the life in the island, and spends long hours prying into the affairs of others.

Emma Woods

Personality: Kind, friendly, gossipy

Story:

She's a lonely old woman who lives locked in her house. Emily knows that she have a lot of secrets hiding, but Emma not tell anything about it. Yet he leaves behind clues for Emily can solve misteries.

Viktor Roberts

Personality: Kind, serious, professional

Story:

He is the mayor of the island. It is a kind man, but quite serious. It's said that the votes of the elections were rigged to win.

Telma Landom:

Personality: Annoying, selfish, unpleasant

Story:

This annoying woman is a farmer on the island. Her husband died when his farm was burned, people said that she killed him.

Juliett Boster:

Personality: Funny, professional, convincing

Story:

She's the police officer of the island. Due to the tranquility of the island spends the working hours doing other tasks. Will not be easier to be convinced by Emily to provide her with information.

Olga Evans

Personality: Funny, playful, sincere

Story:

She's normal good, she's the waitress at the bar on the island. He spends long hours in it and always learn a lot of things. She lives haunted by the murder of his father.

The mysterious person

Personality: ?? ??

Story:

This mysterious person follows Emily throughout the island since arrived

Spoiler:
Cliffs Island is a small island south of Gran Bretanya. Its name comes from the many cliffs that surround the island, you can only access it through a small dock. At the top of the island is the village, which consists of: a comissary, a bar, a library, town hall, a few shops, a church, important buildings i the houses of the inhabitants. Technology has come to the island (computers, air conditioners, ...), but the aesthetics of the old town remains.

A little closer to the cliffs also found the old abandoned lighthouse, that stopped working years ago.

Spoiler:
Saint Andrew’s Orphanage entrace (Final)

Saint Andrew’s Orphanage 2nd floor (Sketch)

Saint Andrew’s Orphanage room (Sketch-Final)

Saint Andrew’s Orphanage room (Final without shadows)

Spoiler:

Conspiracy / Game test

http://vimeo.com/12439776

Conspiracy / Intro

http://vimeo.com/12590988

Support:

If you want to support the game, here’s a support userbar:

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=31128"][img]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/3248/userbarod.png[/img][/url]

This post has been edited by Argami: Jun 22 2010, 08:52 AM

--------------------
My paused project:

I Support:
Spoiler:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Yami
post May 30 2010, 07:50 PM
Post #2

Girl with an aura
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Emily, a girl of 13, lives in an orphanage since he was only 2 years old.
That's when Emily received a letter from his mother, who believed her dead, she said that is in trouble and he needs her help. Emily after thinking if she will should help her, the mother that one day abandoned her, decides that it must do-what, and escapes from the orphanage to go to Cliffs Island, where his mother is waiting for her.
Soon, and after some strange events, Emily will be trapped on the island. There nobody knows about her mother, and the worst is that Emily will be involved in a misteriosus murder.
So Emily embarks on a dangerous adventure to find his mother and solve the dark secrets that hide the inhabitants of the island. She will discover that all is not as simple as it seems, and those who can seem your best friends are her worst nightmare.

A typo? wink.gif

I like the plot. I wanna see the screenshots though smile.gif

This post has been edited by Yami: May 30 2010, 07:50 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Argami
post May 30 2010, 08:36 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Yes, it was a typo, now is already fixed. thanks smile.gif
Take this opportunity to say that in the "Art" section I added a picture of the 3D model of the old abandoned lighthouse. I pretend that the game enviorment be in 3d, to make it a little better.

--------------------
My paused project:

I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

mitchi.exe
post May 30 2010, 11:20 PM
Post #4

Welcome to RMVX.net, B*tch
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

pseudo 3d?
Anyway, I agree with yami.
You should post some screens too.
I usually don't read stories. wink.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

CoA Playable Character Spr completion: 7/13 (~54%)
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

The Enthusiast
post May 31 2010, 09:09 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Unaligned

PLEASE get some screenies in, at least one map... "/

+Quote Post

Argami
post Jun 2 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Well, one small step in the creation of the enviorment. It's the old lighthouse with its respective island. The part of the building is all textured, just need to add texture to the wooden planks.
I also add that I would say that this, more or less, will be the position of the camera in the game, so I put a small puppet on the scene so that you see better.

See you soon.
please comment tongue.gif

Spoiler:

This post has been edited by Argami: Jun 2 2010, 06:15 PM

--------------------
My paused project:

I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Argami
post Jun 5 2010, 09:24 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Radical change in the project!

I've realized that doing all 3D environments would be hard work, so I decided to make the game as normal. Anyway will keep using Parallax Maping to customize a little more the environment.
To begin here is the first capture, the Saint Andrew's Orphanage.
Hope you like it. smile.gif

Spoiler:

--------------------
My paused project:

I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Skorpion
post Jun 6 2010, 06:15 PM
Post #8

Beware! I'm a heavy critiquer, so deal with it.
Group Icon

Sorry to break it up for you but WTF?! It's like if you are making a remake of the newly released movie Shutter Island with Leonardio DiCaprio into an RMVX game with minor changes.

Let's take the Cliffs Island in your project and compare it to Shutter Island in the new movie:
Both are small islands not far from a specific city or place rather than in the middle of nowhere. Shutter Island just like yours is surrounded by cliffs, huge cliffs and the only access to the island is the docks (like yours). At the top of the island is the mental hospital on Shutter Island, pretty much like yours except that you have a village. What i find even more surprising is that BOTH HAVE ABANDONED LIGHTHOUSES!

Lets move on to the next thing; the story, but i find this pretty much of a cliché anyway. Let's compare it to Shutter Island anyway.

Let's compare then:
Protagonist is sent to the island because of someone goes missing but later founds out that he is trapped on the island (just like Emily in your project) and suddenly no one knows about the mother of two children who went missing (just like in your project as well) and he embarks on a "dangerous" adventure and solve the dark secrets that the inhabitants hide about the island (just like your project).

Sorry but i find this to have WAAAY too many things in common to be considered as a coincidence or inspiration. Sorry for being a jerk right now or whatever i am being but im at a bad mood which is good for you since you are getting a good critique, at which you can use to improve your game. Try adding some original stuff into it, because from my perspective: Your game is WAY too similar to the movie "Shutter Island" from this year.

--------------------
I dont support anything!

+Quote Post

Argami
post Jun 6 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Dear Skorpion,
I thank you made me reflect on the great similarity between the two. I have to confess that I have seen Shutter Island, but it is also true that my idea about the game I had before the movie. My main idea was that the story happened in a small mountain village whose only access was an old wooden bridge that would later be broken ( a river surrounding the town). Admittedly, I let influence a bit by the movie because it seemed more credible that the action could be on an island.
I would also add that the resolution of the game is not similar to Shutter Island, is a completely different story.

That's why, and again I thank you, surely i've decided change the location of the game, but even I can not think where history may elapse.
It's a question of thinking.

Until next time!

--------------------
My paused project:

I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Argami
post Jun 10 2010, 08:34 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Hello!
I have a new breakthrough for the game: a video. It is a kind of test in which are displayed: minimap (still to improving), items (which is what happens when you get an object), parallax mapping (shadowing, lighting, etc..), and others ...

First of all I want to say that the "Windowskin" that I got, is of the game "LINUS" of Blueperiod, if there are any problems, only need to tell me, thanks.
And I also want to say that the "Faceset" of Emily is not ready yet, so it appears a silhouette.

I hope you enjoy it:

http://vimeo.com/12439776

The text said:

*This door is locked... It is impossible open to force
*There seems to be something under the car...
*You got a small key (1)!
*What will open this key?

This post has been edited by Argami: Jun 10 2010, 08:36 PM

--------------------
My paused project:

I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

blueperiod
post Jun 11 2010, 12:28 AM
Post #11

twigs and mud
Group Icon

Type: Writer

Wow! Este proyecto se ve increible. ¿Cuándo vamos a ver un demo?

--------------------
Writer and Developer of:

+Quote Post

Argami
post Jun 11 2010, 05:43 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Thanks Blueperiod, I hope to make a demo early. But first I want to fix some things. tongue.gif

--------------------
My paused project:

I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Argami
post Jun 15 2010, 06:03 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Hello!
I can finally say I have a progress in the game. I have already made a small intro, the only problem is that no music nor sounds. When I will put it in the intro, will you understand it better. Among other would have to add the sound of rain, the sound of the car, steps, baby cries ... and more.
Here is the address of the video:

Spoiler:

http://vimeo.com/12590988

The text said:
*Sain Andrew's Orphanage - London, 1997
*Argami presents
*a Arnau Gallen's game
*Conspiracy

It also want to say that I have created a support userbar, for the persons who want to support the game.

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=31128"][img]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/3248/userbarod.png[/img][/url]

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Argami: Jun 15 2010, 06:19 PM

--------------------
My paused project:

I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Argami
post Jun 16 2010, 01:57 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Hi!
I thought it would be better if I move the post to "Project Development", so if a mod reads this message, you can close the post, thanks.

--------------------
My paused project:

I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

fmjpr
post Jun 16 2010, 02:42 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Use the Report button if you need something moved. Do not create separate threads. This one will be left open until Sevith decides whether or not it should be moved to the other forum.

--------------------
Trailer for It Came From Yesterday: Click Me

This was made by a dear friend of mine. Any support is appreciated! Also, Like the Facebook page while you're at it: It Came From Yesterday

New and improved official site: ICFY

Swagbucks referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jbart321

+Quote Post

Argami
post Jun 16 2010, 03:54 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Ok! Thanks!

--------------------
My paused project:

I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Sevith
post Jun 16 2010, 07:08 PM
Post #17

Retired Bear Fighter. ಠ_ಠ
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

I recommend you develop your characters more, aswell as add more screenshots. However, everything else seems good, so...

-moved

--------------------
QUOTE (nagilhs @ 2 May 2010)
this guys just a power crazed jack ass.

+Quote Post

Argami
post Jun 16 2010, 07:30 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Thanks Sevith. I will try to correct those errors as soon as possible.

--------------------
My paused project:

I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Ronove
post Jun 17 2010, 02:46 AM
Post #19

I do not bite!
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

This looks great! I really want to see more than just the one map though. smile.gif Your atmosphere looks great!

+Quote Post

Kurisu-San
post Jun 18 2010, 09:13 AM
Post #20

私は決して夢ではない
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

not to be naggy but Mystery has a y in it and no i.

on note: your game looks very interesting and very solid, hope to be able to try it someday soon.

--------------------

Spoiler:
I Support:
Spoiler:

Current Projects:
Spoiler:

Future Projects:
Spoiler:
Star Wars: War of the Republic
Dragon Ball Z: Evolution
Avatar: Battle of the Four Nations
The Legend of Zelda: The New Force

Personality:
Spoiler:
Star Wars:

Final Fantasy:

Pokemon:

Color:

Legend of Zelda:

You are Ganondorf!

You are a mean, evil bastard! You hate Link, and are very greedy! You made your first appearance in The Legend Of Zelda!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 01:48 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.