iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Closed TopicStart new topic
> VX Ship Tile, Shiver me Timbers!!
Rating 5 V
AlyMay
post Jun 15 2010, 05:42 AM
Post #1

Epic.
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Good

VX SHIP TILESET

I looked around and didn't come across a Tileset like this....so Ever dream of having actual ship tiles for your VX game? Well while one did exist, we were forced to sacrifice both our Tile D and Tile E to create a full ship. But thanks to me being extremely bored, you no longer have to sacrifice both!!!

READ BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING:
Spoiler:
1) I DID NOT MAKE THESE TILES THEY WERE MADE BY : Grafikal007 - Rmrk.net - http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,28415.0.html CREDIT HIM OR FACE MY WRATH mad.gif lol No really make sure to credit Grafika007 if you use these tiles in your game!!!
2) These came from XP and were just copied over into VX so their not perfect. It'll take a second to learn how to put the ship together. I did the best I could!!

Ok, I know we've seen these tiles before, but for me I was bothered by the fact that I would have to sacrifice both Tile D and Tile E in order to have a full Ship tile. After contemplating I decided to take the 2 hours and put all the ship tiles into one Tile Set!! So no longer do you have to sacrifice Tile D and Tile E to have a ship in your game!! The original tiles had random dungeon tiles that for me weren't needed so I simply removed the unwanted and put all ship related tiles together on one.

-------------------------------------------------

Now before I post the Tile I'll have to explain a few things please do not just ignore this especially if you are new to RMVX. You will run into trouble if you do not do the steps below!!!!! Trust me!!

Ok so the floor tile of the ship is located on the same Tile page as the ship tiles. So what does this mean? This means that if you try to place let's say an anchor on top of the ship's floor tile, it will erase the floor tile and you'll end up with a floating anchor above water like as seen in the screenshot below.

Spoiler:

How do you fix this?

Take this tile below:

And add it to your Tile A!! That way you can place things on your ships without fear of erasing the floor tile!!
Steps to add the Ship Deck Tile to your TileA4:

Spoiler:
1) Ok first your going to need to have some type of editing software (GIMP works quite well and is free.) NOTE: Make sure whatever editing software you use understands and knows invisible layers. If it doesn't, it will potentially mess up your Tile.
2) Open both your TileA4 (this is the recommended TileA to use which is located in your Enterbrain>RMVX>Your Project Folder>Graphics>System. All your tiles are located here.) and the ship deck tile I posted in the thread (you'll need to save it on your computer somewhere).
3) Go to the Ship deck tile, copy it and make sure you don't cut anything off.
4) Now switch over to your TileA4 and press "Paste" or "Ctrl+V". The ship deck tile should appear.
5) Choose your "Move" tool and move the Ship Deck tile on top of another floor tile located on your TileA4. Obviously it is recommended that you place it over a floor tile you are more then likely not going to use in your game. Don't worry about erasing anything, as long as you align the ship deck tile exactly over the old floor tile it will work just the same. I recommend zooming in for this part so you make sure to align it just right.
6) Now save your TileA4 and open RMVX and viola! You'll have the Ship Deck Tile on your Tile A now. If you already had RMVX opened just click over to another map for the new Ship Deck tile to appear.

Helpful Tip:
Spoiler:
The next thing you need to understand is that VX really limits us in tiles. Because of this, you'll find that adding things across your ship sometimes becomes annoying when you can't place something on top of another thing. This is where events will come in handy. 9/10 when creating a ship you WILL have to event a tile to get it to look right. In the screenshot below you'll see what I mean!!

Ok so that should take care of any problems you might come across.
Here is the Tile Set Enjoy!:
SHIP TILESET
Spoiler:

Screenshots
(Remember some of this was achieved by eventing tiles):
Spoiler:

Make sure again to credit Grafikal007! I do not need any credit I did very little.

This post has been edited by AlyMay: Jun 17 2010, 04:15 AM

--------------------

Everyone has an Angel. A Guardian who watches over us. We can’t know what form they’ll take One day, Old man, Next day, Little girl. But don’t let appearances fool you, They can be as fierce as any dragon. Yet they’re not here to fight our battles. But to whisper from our hearts. Reminding that it’s us. Its everyone of us who holds power over the world we create.

My resources for VX:
Create a Forest with Mack Tiles Tutorial
VX Ship Tile

Games worth Pressing Enter over and over for:
Spoiler:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Oaken
post Jun 15 2010, 11:29 AM
Post #2

Your logic is denied
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Very nice find! This will be sooooo much help in a large section of my game. I thanks alot

--------------------
I support:

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
Lol, I dont even know who this is! :P

+Quote Post

Shadonn
post Jun 15 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #3

Jerk In A Box
Group Icon

Thank you, you amazingly awesome person. smile.gif I've been looking for a good ship tile and now I've found one. I've even got a good place for it too.

--------------------
In a state of writing limbo...

+Quote Post

AlyMay
post Jun 15 2010, 05:11 PM
Post #4

Epic.
Group Icon

Glad to see people can use this smile.gif

I definitely wanted a ship tile set in my game but just couldn't get rid of both my Tile D and Tile E >.<

--------------------

Everyone has an Angel. A Guardian who watches over us. We can’t know what form they’ll take One day, Old man, Next day, Little girl. But don’t let appearances fool you, They can be as fierce as any dragon. Yet they’re not here to fight our battles. But to whisper from our hearts. Reminding that it’s us. Its everyone of us who holds power over the world we create.

My resources for VX:
VX Ship Tile

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Shadonn
post Jun 16 2010, 02:33 PM
Post #5

Jerk In A Box
Group Icon

Well not sure if this will help or not. I lightened one of the wood tiles up a bit. So now you can actually have a deck without that annoying shadow at the bottom.
<----See? No shadow. Maybe this will help anyone?

--------------------

+Quote Post

AlyMay
post Jun 17 2010, 04:08 AM
Post #6

Epic.
Group Icon

QUOTE (Shadonn @ Jun 16 2010, 10:33 AM) *
Well not sure if this will help or not. I lightened one of the wood tiles up a bit. So now you can actually have a deck without that annoying shadow at the bottom.
<----See? No shadow. Maybe this will help anyone?

I wish I could comment on it, but I can't see any images for some reason stupid internet. Even Avatars aren't showing up.

Anyways Updated the original post to include the method of adding the Ship Deck Tile to TileA4 since I've gotten a fair amount of PM's about it.
I'll post it below too. Didn't include screenshots, because one images aren't showing up for me and two I don't think their necessary unless people request them.

Steps to add the Ship Deck Tile to your TileA4:

1) Ok first your going to need to have some type of editing software (GIMP works quite well and is free.) NOTE: Make sure whatever editing software you use understands and knows invisible layers. If it doesn't, it will potentially mess up your Tile.
2) Open both your TileA4 (this is the recommended TileA to use which is located in your Enterbrain>RMVX>Your Project Folder>Graphics>System. All your tiles are located here.) and the ship deck tile I posted in the thread (you'll need to save it on your computer somewhere).
3) Go to the Ship deck tile, copy it and make sure you don't cut anything off.
4) Now switch over to your TileA4 and press "Paste" or "Ctrl+V". The ship deck tile should appear.
5) Choose your "Move" tool and move the Ship Deck tile on top of another floor tile located on your TileA4. Obviously it is recommended that you place it over a floor tile you are more then likely not going to use in your game. Don't worry about erasing anything, as long as you align the ship deck tile exactly over the old floor tile it will work just the same. I recommend zooming in for this part so you make sure to align it just right.
6) Now save your TileA4 and open RMVX and viola! You'll have the Ship Deck Tile on your Tile A now. If you already had RMVX opened just click over to another map for the new Ship Deck tile to appear.

--------------------

My resources for VX:
VX Ship Tile

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Shadonn
post Jun 17 2010, 04:13 AM
Post #7

Jerk In A Box
Group Icon

Well after much trial and error I finally got your ship moved into my Tile B. Took awhile but I got it working. I had to resize a few of the tiles. Namely the stairs that you included. They were giving me a pain with the passage settings. So I shrunk it a bit, and added some of my own edits and now it works. Thanks for sharing this. Maybe your pictures will work again soon. It sounds like an internet problem. As in connection problem. lol

--------------------

+Quote Post

AlyMay
post Jun 17 2010, 04:19 AM
Post #8

Epic.
Group Icon

QUOTE (Shadonn @ Jun 17 2010, 12:13 AM) *
Well after much trial and error I finally got your ship moved into my Tile B. Took awhile but I got it working. I had to resize a few of the tiles. Namely the stairs that you included. They were giving me a pain with the passage settings. So I shrunk it a bit, and added some of my own edits and now it works. Thanks for sharing this. Maybe your pictures will work again soon. It sounds like an internet problem. As in connection problem. lol

Your telling me. I've been having a nerd fit the past 2 days lol I couldn't log onto WoW because somehow my internet connection messed up..so I had to change the settings entirely and since then images haven't been showing up. This happens with every new patch laugh.gif

Anyways that's strange that you had to resize some things. Was it because it wasn't working or because you just preferred it a different size? I have it as my Tile E and obviously by the screenshots everything worked well with mine. Every single small tile I added I tested out and if the alignment was messed up I just kept moving it inch by inch to get it perfect. If it's messing up I may have to take this down to fix it x.x

--------------------

My resources for VX:
VX Ship Tile

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Shadonn
post Jun 17 2010, 04:27 AM
Post #9

Jerk In A Box
Group Icon

Well it's the umm..staircase (I guess you'd call it that). It takes up three blocks normally on the tileset. In the project I placed it in I noticed my character could "walk all over it". It looked weird considering it's supposed to lead down from a higher place. It also has a rail and the character could walk all over it. So what I did was space it out a bit at first and got it to where the rail took up a space itself. I set the passability to X hoping it would fix it. Well it did but the rail was small and therefore there was alot of the space left over. This looked weird as there was a square the character couldn't walk in because of the rail. So I shrunk it and made it more VXish and it's working for me now. Hope I didn't confuse you.

--------------------

+Quote Post

AlyMay
post Jun 17 2010, 04:31 AM
Post #10

Epic.
Group Icon

QUOTE (Shadonn @ Jun 17 2010, 12:27 AM) *
Well it's the umm..staircase (I guess you'd call it that). It takes up three blocks normally on the tileset. In the project I placed it in I noticed my character could "walk all over it". It looked weird considering it's supposed to lead down from a higher place. It also has a rail and the character could walk all over it. So what I did was space it out a bit at first and got it to where the rail took up a space itself. I set the passability to X hoping it would fix it. Well it did but the rail was small and therefore there was alot of the space left over. This looked weird as there was a square the character couldn't walk in because of the rail. So I shrunk it and made it more VXish and it's working for me now. Hope I didn't confuse you.

OH I see the problem. The guy who did these for VX basically just took them straight from XP. I was worried I had messed something up. I suppose there will be other tiles that don't quite fit right because he didn't really bother to edit them, so now I'm going to go back and make any XP like tiles more VXish as you put it. Thanks this helps me out and now my worry is gone tongue.gif That would have sucked to mess up that much on my first resource for these forums xD

This post has been edited by AlyMay: Jun 17 2010, 04:32 AM

--------------------

My resources for VX:
VX Ship Tile

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Shadonn
post Jun 17 2010, 04:35 AM
Post #11

Jerk In A Box
Group Icon

Trust me you couldn't have messed it up. You helped me out tremendously. I could help you with some of it if you'd like. I've already got one of them done.

--------------------

+Quote Post

AlyMay
post Jun 17 2010, 04:46 AM
Post #12

Epic.
Group Icon

QUOTE (Shadonn @ Jun 17 2010, 12:35 AM) *
Trust me you couldn't have messed it up. You helped me out tremendously. I could help you with some of it if you'd like. I've already got one of them done.

That'd be amazing. I know people are using these tiles because of the amount of PM's I've received but I haven't gotten much feedback about how the tilesets actually are or how they work. I'll need to find out exactly what tiles need to be edited, I even wonder if the ship itself could be improved. I don't know if you've noticed, but your player can't walk behind the railing surrounding the back part of the ship, if you set the passage settings to "O" you'll just walk over it, but if you set it to the "Star", it'll act the same as if you've set it as "X". I would love to fix that because it's kind of annoying to not be able to walk to the end of the ship.

The Mast as well doesn't line up quite right with the pole thing shown on my screenshots I posted. You can't really tell, but still it'd be nice to fix it. That could possibly be easy by just extending the mast tile a little more or downsizing the pole thing...

It'll have to wait till tomorrow though before I begin any editing tongue.gif to late now and I've got a meeting for most of tomorrow afternoon. Maybe the evening I can get started on it.

--------------------

My resources for VX:
VX Ship Tile

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Shadonn
post Jun 17 2010, 04:48 AM
Post #13

Jerk In A Box
Group Icon

Well what I did with the pole that leads to the mast is I moved it a little bit in my tileset to where it takes up two tiles (width). Now it's lined up pretty nice. Still though...it does take up a bit of space.

--------------------

+Quote Post

AlyMay
post Jun 17 2010, 05:00 AM
Post #14

Epic.
Group Icon

QUOTE (Shadonn @ Jun 17 2010, 12:48 AM) *
Well what I did with the pole that leads to the mast is I moved it a little bit in my tileset to where it takes up two tiles (width). Now it's lined up pretty nice. Still though...it does take up a bit of space.

Yes I think it may be best to shrink almost near everything. I forgot that XP was built to work with much larger tiles then VX is, which is why some things obviously aren't working.

Even though he does deserve credit for even bring the tiles to VX, he didn't do a good job and essentially was lazy at it. But in a matter of speaking this is the only ship tileset out there that I've found so I figured you just got to work with what you got I just simply refused to give up 2 tilesets to do so laugh.gif I guess it makes me sort of lazy for not fixing any of it but oh well we'll change that xD

You can either post your edits on here if you want or PM them to me to add to the Tileset itself or just add it to the original post. Obviosly 1000% of credit will be given to you for the help and people WILL be asked to credit you in their game for the tileset. I still don't need credit until I create edits myself.

--------------------

My resources for VX:
VX Ship Tile

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Shadonn
post Jun 17 2010, 03:32 PM
Post #15

Jerk In A Box
Group Icon

Since you can't see my edits on your browser I'll just upload them in an attachment. Tell me what you think and if it can help you out in any way.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Ship_edits.png ( 5.51K ) Number of downloads: 12

--------------------

+Quote Post

Neko Hibiki
post Sep 27 2010, 07:06 AM
Post #16

Cute Pegasus Pony
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: True Neutral

QUOTE (Shadonn @ Jun 16 2010, 11:13 PM) *

Could you upload your Tile B so I can save it to my comp now?

--------------------

---

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

---

- Nightgazer Starlight, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Signature

+Quote Post

Super Stick Lyon...
post Sep 27 2010, 11:20 AM
Post #17

Preußischer Generalfeldmarschall
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Neutral Good

no necroposting, please

--------------------
My Projects:

Supported Projects:
Spoiler:

But the age of chivalry is gone. That of sophisters, economists, and calculators, has succeeded; and the glory of Europe is extinguished for ever. Never, never more shall we behold that generous loyalty to rank and sex, that proud submission, that dignified obedience, that subordination of the heart, which kept alive, even in servitude itself, the spirit of an exalted freedom. The unbought grace of life, the cheap defense of nations, the nurse of manly sentiment and heroic enterprise, is gone!

--Edmund Burke

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 06:44 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.