iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> ATTENTION!

Do not post questions about Ace in this section. Any and all Ace related support should be posted in the Ace section found here.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> RGSS102E.dll can not be found?, Need a bit of help here....
Mode
post Jul 1 2010, 12:28 AM
Post #1

Tik-tik-tik goes the keyboard
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I downloaded a game someone made using the RPG Maker program here. I know it works because nearly one hundred people have commented on it and gave their reviews and whatnot.

My problem is, whenever I try to play the game it tells me that the RGSS102E.dll file cannot be found. I've uninstalled and reinstalled RPG Maker at least ten times, both VX and VX RTP. But when I install RTP to my Program Files and I check the Enterbrain folder, the RGSS folder isn't there. I try to reinstall, and the RGSS folder is there as an install location, and with the files already in it.

I uninstall and change the install location to my flash drive and the RGSS folder is visible, but when I checked inside it, there was no RGSS102E.dll. Instead it was RGSS202E.dll.

I've had RPG Maker for a few months now and have been touching up on my own game, so I know that it's working just fine....

I can only assume I've done something wrong. Can someone tell me what I did? Or what I can do to fix it?

--------------------
When you can say pneumoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis without slipping up once, you can tell me how to speak.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

SigmaZ
post Jul 1 2010, 12:34 AM
Post #2

It's boss time!
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Well, obviously the game requires a specific file named RGSS102.dll to run. I'm not really an expert when it comes to scripting errors (or scripting in general), but I'm guessing it could be that said game is using an older file to run Ruby, and your computer has a newer Ruby file that isn't compatible? I don't know.
You could try and Google RGSS102.dll to see if you can find the specific file somewhere and saving it and putting it in the proper folder.

I'm just giving n00b suggestions until someone with the scripting know-how comes along to help you properly. tongue.gif

+Quote Post

zbdarkflame
post Jul 1 2010, 12:36 AM
Post #3

Mysterious Shaman
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

Find one of your own projects (or make a new project, or possibly even go to another demo that does work) and go then go to the project folder. Copy the RGSS2 player (its the unicorn chess piece icon thingy) and paste it into the project file for the game that you can't play, replacing the old one. That ought to fix the problem.

Now, the reason I believe that it was doing that was that the game was using an older RGSS2 player, while the RTP data you have uses the current RGSS2 player. This means that the one who made the game was using a slightly older version of the system. At least, I think that is the reason for the error. In any case, try it out now and see if what I said works.

@SigmaZ: not a scripting error persay, but has to deal with the RGSS2 player. You were on the right track though.

EDIT: For the sake of my own curiosity, which game was it that you downloaded?

--------------------

---
------

+Quote Post

Mode
post Jul 1 2010, 12:55 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Nope, that doesn't seem to help. It's still saying that the RGSS102E.dll file is missing.

Ugh, this is so aggravating x_x!

--------------------
When you can say pneumoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis without slipping up once, you can tell me how to speak.

+Quote Post

zbdarkflame
post Jul 1 2010, 01:06 AM
Post #5

Mysterious Shaman
Group Icon

Ok, thought that would fix it...my mistake. I forget which one of the two solutions it is, so on to the next one in my bag of tricks.

Ok, in the project folder (of the game that won't open) there should two files titled Game. Open the one that is an a type "application settings" (the icon should probably have a gear in the middle of it, or something like that). The file will open up a notepad file. Now, the file, three lines down will probably say something like:
CODE
Library=RGSS102E.dll

Now replace that line with this:
CODE
Library=RGSS202E.dll

And if that doesn't fix it, I don't know what will. This ought to do it though.

EDIT: actually, I may have a third possibility...but lets see if this will fix it first.

--------------------

---
------

+Quote Post

Mode
post Jul 1 2010, 01:14 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Now it's saying RGSS202E.dll couldn't be found x_x....

--------------------

+Quote Post

Peva
post Jul 1 2010, 01:17 AM
Post #7

Also racism
Group Icon

did you try simply re downloading it?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mode
post Jul 1 2010, 01:20 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (Peva @ Jun 30 2010, 08:17 PM) *
did you try simply re downloading it?

Know what? I think I've tried almost everything but that, now. May as well give it a try. I'll be back with the results.

But do you mean redownloading the game or RPG Maker?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Peva
post Jul 1 2010, 01:25 AM
Post #9

Also racism
Group Icon

well first the game, then if that still doesn't work try another game. If that doesn't work, re download VX

--------------------

+Quote Post

zbdarkflame
post Jul 1 2010, 01:26 AM
Post #10

Mysterious Shaman
Group Icon

Ok...this is the last straw. I have only one more possible solution (and I've had this problem and solved it before which is the annoying thing.)

Anyways, try downloading this file and put it into the game folder. It might work...it might not.
RGSS200J Download

I'm praying this will work, otherwise I am eternally sorry that I could not help you.

--------------------

---
------

+Quote Post

Mode
post Jul 1 2010, 01:35 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Oh my gosh, stupid stupid stupid!

I think I know what the problem is.... When I was going through the help file that came with the game, I misread it.... It says I need RPG Maker XP RTP to play it.... I have RPG Maker VX RTP.... Would this be the problem x_x...?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Peva
post Jul 1 2010, 01:40 AM
Post #12

Also racism
Group Icon

is it an xp or a vx game...? What game is it anyways?

--------------------

+Quote Post

willspears
post Feb 23 2011, 09:14 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

QUOTE (Mode @ Jul 1 2010, 01:55 AM) *
Nope, that doesn't seem to help. It's still saying that the RGSS102E.dll file is missing.

Ugh, this is so aggravating x_x!

Hi,

http://www.fix-all-dll-errors.com/rgss102e.dll/

Here is the solution for your problem.
Visit the link and click the button"Fix dll errors now" and your problem will be solved. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Jasonicus
post Feb 23 2011, 09:37 AM
Post #14

Old Friend
Group Icon

No necroposting, chief.

--------------------
Trailer for It Came From Yesterday: Click Me

This was made by a dear friend of mine. Any support is appreciated! Also, Like the Facebook page while you're at it: It Came From Yesterday

New and improved official site: ICFY

Swagbucks referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jbart321

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 01:20 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.