iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

> ATTENTION!

Do not post questions about Ace in this section. Any and all Ace related support should be posted in the Ace section found here.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> How do you make an event happen only once?
Dakliq3
post Jul 11 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

For instance, when I walk down the steps and event makes me walk somewhere and a little scene of speech goes on. However, when I walk over that spot again, I do not want to trigger the event again.

Thanks for the help, ps very new to this. If I start asking over the top noob questions, please direct me to some type of well written tuturial. Thanks again in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Confederacy
post Jul 11 2008, 11:10 PM
Post #2

Hello, my sweet lil' honey bee.
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

I mostly do it this way.

After whatever you want is done.

Add these to the end

>Erase Event
>Control Self Switch On
>Control Variables

If you need more help just PM me or post here.

--------------------

Games (they have links! Click them!): Coming soon with *truly* remarkable games!
Oh oh oh, can I contribute to this conversation!?
I have an opinion about a game.

You're an idiot!

+Quote Post

Rhyth
post Jul 11 2008, 11:14 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (Dakliq3 @ Jul 11 2008, 04:59 PM) *
For instance, when I walk down the steps and event makes me walk somewhere and a little scene of speech goes on. However, when I walk over that spot again, I do not want to trigger the event again.

Thanks for the help, ps very new to this. If I start asking over the top noob questions, please direct me to some type of well written tuturial. Thanks again in advance.

I'll say this as detailed as I can so you never have to ask about it again.
This was one of the first things I learned how to do in RPGM games, and it's very easy.
(run-on)
In the event box, once you have everything set-up in your event, and you're done with that,
look up a bit and you'll see a button called {create new event page}, or something like that,
click it, and you get a clear new event page which you can go back and forth to your original page from,
on this new page turn on a new switch (check the switch box and name one of them that you havent used yet),
name it "end event". Keep it turned on there, and go back to your first event page. At the bottom of your event box open up the
box and click the button that says something like [turn switch on] or [activate switch]. From that list, choose the switch you just.
(I know there's a lot of bad grammar here, but I was trying to get the point out :U)

Do you get it?

+Quote Post

zeRobuRn
post Jul 12 2008, 01:14 AM
Post #4

Problem Solver
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

At the end of the last event turn on a self switch that you haven't you then make a new event page with nothing on it and set the conditions as self switch whatever is on. then the event won't run anymore. this saves you from having to have a seperate control switch for each event. This should work if not tell me.

--------------------

TileB CHECK!!!
Look at the top left tile on TileB. It needs to be set to a star, not a 'O'.

+Quote Post

Retired-Pine
post Jul 12 2008, 01:22 AM
Post #5

Not a democracy
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Evil

http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=1125
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=1061

--------------------

Spoiler:

Awards
Spoiler:

Games I support [under construction]
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 11:27 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.