.:Agencies:.The Kings Men
- The Kings Men (TKM /The KM) serve as The Monarchy's Army and Police force. Well hated by everyone on The Surface besides The Loyalists, they are viewed as the pinnacle of corruption and evil. The KM’s main goal is to restore peace and order to the troubled Surface, they do this through what some view as violent and criminal-like means. The Loyalists see it as a necessary action that must be done to restore law.
TKM is often over-whelmed by the factions opposing them and have little time to hunt Body Snatches or Gangs. Instead desperatly trying to undermine the power RED and Overture are rising against them.The Eden Corporation
- Eden Corp. (Eden) is focused on bringing commerce, jobs, and ecology back to the surface. However, in the 132 years since its creation, they have yet to achieve this goal. They are funded by The Monarchy and are in charge of the water filtration, the artificial sun, and infrastructure. They employ a large amount of the work force and the factories owned by them are either guarded by TKM Soldiers, or their own private military.
They have been highly criticized by those on the surface for the slave-like working conditions and are generally blamed for the bad condition of the Hubs. The most noted critics of Eden tend to end up missing. Eden sells a large variety of products to the over-world and the surface world..:Gangs:.Silver Phantom
- They supply the majority of the drugs to The Hubs and also have a share of the gun manufacturing market. They are liked by most as they don't actively hurt the public, as long as the money comes in they don't complain.
They are sometimes viewed as the weakest of the gangs, as they have to rely on Guns to be able to fight effectively.18 Families
- A collection of gangs that operate out of Hub 18's "The Stop" district. They rule the districts they control like a stern government, collecting taxes and sending Gang members to patrol the streets. They claim to protect the people who live inside there areas from the harms of The Surface, doing criminal acts that benefit both them, and the people.The Dusters
- An umbrella orginization for Mercenaries, not criminal or political in there own eyes. They simply work for what ever group pays them too, there loyalty is with who ever pays them.
Either feared or disliked by the common citizens for the brutal tactics they employ to accomplish there jobs, The Dusters how ever never attack anyone unless in defense or they are being payed too.The Syndicate
- They control the vice in certain Hubs. Prostitution, gambling, alcohol, drugs, and anything else banned by the government. They are well liked by most people, but hated by the other major gangs.
They tend to stay hidden within the clubs and brothels and are known for being stealthy when it comes to violent action. Rumors exist they have ties to the Body Snatchers..:Factions:.Overture
– To many, Overture is a radical bunch of terrorists with no real goal. To its members, and the few that support them, they are something different. They are Anarchists at heart, and believe no form of government will solve the problems that constantly hurt the people around them. They also have a radical view against Bit Chips, they believe that they are currently too dangerous to be used while they are regulated by The King’s Men, and actively encourage people to have them modified or removed.
Overture lacks in numbers, but they make up for this in strength. They are a collection of dedicated saboteurs, assassins, and soldiers that seek to take down any system of government, while trying to fix what they view as problems with Bit Chips.RED
– RED is a collection of communist and socialist revolutionaries dedicated to bringing a more fair and just government to the land. What they lack in strength, they make up for in numbers. Every Hub claims to have its own RED Squadron, who actively tries to defend the rights of the people from the aggressions of The King’s Men and local gangs.Mezkuula
– A cult based around little understood believes, operating from hidden enclaves across the surface. They are primarily responsible for Body Snatchers. They actively search for the most appealing bodies across The Hubs, and send out there feared forces to kidnap targets and remove the Bit-Chips within them. They then in turn sell these bodies to those in the Uppercity. This practice is heavily outlawed but little can be done to enforce it.Loyalist
- The Loyalists, or Royals, are essentially anyone allied with TKM Agents or The Monarcy who live on The Surface. The Loyalists believe that the TKM's operations to restore peace to The Hub's is constantly undermined by the other factions and gangs, they seek to help TKM by any means.
There is talk how ever, that The Loyalist's no longer support The Eternal King, and seek to put someone new into his throne.